Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-13-19, 01:35 AM
All Yappi

Maxie can only hope to improve
Stark County—-Best Teams in 2019?

Discussion.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-19, 02:50 PM
All Ohio

Old Wildcat is on a distinguished road
Division 1
Massillon tigers
Jackson polarbears
Division 2
Louisville
Marlington
Alliance
Not sure on division 3 and 4
I’m sure I’m forgetting some, G.O. Lake any others.
Old 02-13-19, 03:03 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
What does Louisville bring back this year? They were the only team to give Tallmadge a game in the playoffs until the state semifinal.
Old 02-13-19, 04:33 PM
All American

BlueDevil Backer is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
What does Louisville bring back this year? They were the only team to give Tallmadge a game in the playoffs until the state semifinal.
Pretty much everyone returns and will be a tough team to beat, especially now that the postseason semi/finals have moved to their home field.

Players of note that I recall:
Davis Burick SS
Jordan Shearer LHP
Bryce Zuppe OF

I know there are more, but those were the main names I recall
Old 02-14-19, 12:50 PM
Junior Varsity

JenksWins is on a distinguished road
Jackson is a obvious favorite.
I like GlenOak. I think they have some real good young talent and Lake is going to be pretty good. Just my thoughts and not trying to slight anybody.
Old 02-14-19, 04:44 PM
All District

Leopard4life is on a distinguished road
Louisville returns all 8 starts and 4 pitchers from the team that lost 1-0 to Tallmadge at Canal Park. Will be interesting now that the district will be on their field, would have changed the game last year had they been on a HD sized field. They hit 3 balls that would be have been HR on a HS field that were outs in that monster park.
Old 02-15-19, 11:42 AM
All District

02slider is on a distinguished road
Until it is proven otherwise in the Fed League it will be Jackson and then everyone else. Anyone disagree? A lot of great talent in Stark and surrounding area. Louisville will be reloaded as well as Alliance. Northwest will be looking to make a jump in standings. Massillon and Dover have some solid talent returning. Going to be a great year of high school baseball!! Can't wait!!
Old 02-25-19, 11:30 PM
All Yappi

Maxie can only hope to improve
High School Baseball is around the corner. Any updates?
Old 02-26-19, 10:10 AM
All Ohio

Old Wildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02slider View Post
Until it is proven otherwise in the Fed League it will be Jackson and then everyone else. Anyone disagree? A lot of great talent in Stark and surrounding area. Louisville will be reloaded as well as Alliance. Northwest will be looking to make a jump in standings. Massillon and Dover have some solid talent returning. Going to be a great year of high school baseball!! Can't wait!!
Marlington lost only 2 everyday players to graduation. They have a ton of retuning starters. The key to there season is to win non league games. As far as the EBC it will come down to Marlington and Alliance. They need to win the non conference games and hopefully be seeded high to avoid Louisville until the district finals. I’m guessing Louisville is the team to beat in the district. Tallmadge lost a load but they usually reload. In the league Alliance probably has the best pitcher in Bruni. With help from Simmons. Overall I think Marlington has the overall best staff. Andrew Carr, CJ Greiner, Andrew Pucci and Nate Alenbough(sp.)
Offensive weapons are CJ Greiner, Andrew Pucci and Anthony Sabbitino. Need Nick Mudrick and Andrew Carr to be more involved. We also need David West and Allenbough to step up. They have 2 promising freshman coming in. Conner Evanich and Josh Desenzo. Hope to get good innings from some new arms. Dang first game is only 3 weeks away, Mother Nature has got to be more cooperative this year . Last year sucked. Getting excited.
Old 03-13-19, 08:47 AM
All District

Ant Scrimmages this week? Weather is somewhat nice.
Old 03-14-19, 11:29 AM
All Region

NBC 1988 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Wildcat View Post
Marlington lost only 2 everyday players to graduation. They have a ton of retuning starters. The key to there season is to win non league games. As far as the EBC it will come down to Marlington and Alliance. They need to win the non conference games and hopefully be seeded high to avoid Louisville until the district finals. I’m guessing Louisville is the team to beat in the district. Tallmadge lost a load but they usually reload. In the league Alliance probably has the best pitcher in Bruni. With help from Simmons. Overall I think Marlington has the overall best staff. Andrew Carr, CJ Greiner, Andrew Pucci and Nate Alenbough(sp.)
Offensive weapons are CJ Greiner, Andrew Pucci and Anthony Sabbitino. Need Nick Mudrick and Andrew Carr to be more involved. We also need David West and Allenbough to step up. They have 2 promising freshman coming in. Conner Evanich and Josh Desenzo. Hope to get good innings from some new arms. Dang first game is only 3 weeks away, Mother Nature has got to be more cooperative this year . Last year sucked. Getting excited.
Is Winaskus (Sp?) back for Marlington too? I think he was hurt last year but is he back and playing?
Old 03-14-19, 05:04 PM
All District

Toms0655 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBC 1988 View Post
Is Winaskus (Sp?) back for Marlington too? I think he was hurt last year but is he back and playing?
Waisnuskis just decided to give up baseball...stinks too he’s a good player and a great leader ...heart just wasn’t in it I guess...great kid I’m sure he’ll be successful whatever is in his future
Old 03-15-19, 02:32 AM
All District

Red Right 88 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02slider View Post
Ant Scrimmages this week? Weather is somewhat nice.
There hasn't been a lot of interest in watching ants play. The ball they use is so small it's difficult to see what's going on.
Old 03-15-19, 07:12 AM
All Region

NBC 1988 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms0655 View Post
Waisnuskis just decided to give up baseball...stinks too he’s a good player and a great leader ...heart just wasn’t in it I guess...great kid I’m sure he’ll be successful whatever is in his future
That's too bad, he looked like he was going to be a good one a few years ago. He sure was a good linebacker..
Old 03-15-19, 11:00 AM
All District

Was at the Jackson vs Louisville scrimmage. Jackson won but both teams looked pretty good and solid. Anyone hear how the Hoover vs Central scrimmage went? I think it was earlier in the week.

Any other teams scrimmaging this weekend? How many teams open up next weekend?