Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Track & Field/Cross Country

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-19-17, 12:14 AM
Lancers lead the way!

Lancermania is on a distinguished road
Records Opinion Requested

J'Alyiea Smith ran a 13.85 in the 100m hurdles at state finals which would have broken the city record of 13.91. Every organization I know including the National Federation of State High School Associations of which Ohio is a member does not count as records events of 100m without a valid wind reading. Unfortunately, the wind reading was 2.1 in the state finals of the girls 100m hurdles. Am I being too strict not accepting as valid a time barely over the allowable reading of 2.0.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-17, 02:00 AM
All Ohio

madman is on a distinguished road
Are there any official "high school" records? I ask that in all seriousness. Track and Field news had high school records, but I seem to remember that they included marks through August after graduation or until the person matriculated to a given college if that came before August. T&F News certainly isn't an official body.

I don't think that there is any governing body that keeps high school records. If there is follow their requirements; otherwise, you're free to do what you want - convert yards to metric, convert hand times to FAT "equivalents, use times from dual meets, use invitational times (FAT) with or without wind speeds, etc. As long as you can clearly identify and verify your criteria for each mark, I think few people will complain.
Old 06-19-17, 08:37 AM
All American

mathking is on a distinguished road
Lancer, if all of the marks already posted have valid wind readings, then no, don't accept it. But if there are (as I suspect) marks for which there was no wind gauge then go ahead and put it on the list with an asterisk, or include a category of wind aided marks. (Actually, don't you already have that on your list?) But if you make a general exception that 2.1 is OK but 2.5 is not say, then what happens when a kid runs a great time with a 2.2 or 2.3?
Old 06-19-17, 01:34 PM
Ron Jeremey Stunt Double

skins99 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to skins99
Tough one Lancer. Based on how you have been doing it in the past she will have to go under notable performance but not the record due to the wind reading.
Old 06-19-17, 01:40 PM
All American

lane4 is on a distinguished road
Every record keeping organization in the world uses the 2.0 standard for the short sprints. Unfortunately for her, it doesnt officially count(but obviously can be noted in a separate all-conditions list)