Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-11-17, 03:26 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
Oh it's funny you still think we're the leader of the Western or Free World
Who is? Sweden? Canada?
Old 06-11-17, 04:02 PM
All Yappi

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Who is? Sweden? Canada?
You mean the rape capital of the world (thanks to refugees) or the country led by the ultimate cuck beta male?
Old 06-11-17, 05:51 PM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
The counter-protests are not in support of Sharia Law. They are in support of muslim's living in the country. Just as Nazi or KKK counter-protests support minorities and Jews, not unsafe neighborhoods. It is a false narrative, but that's what they do. Obviously works on a lot of people.
There we go again. Nazis and Klansmen. When you have ZERO substance just throw those two words out there to try and gain relevance. Jesus do you people EVER stop?
Old 06-11-17, 06:50 PM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Oh it's funny you still think we're the leader of the Western or Free World
This may be the most ignorant thing I've ever read. Feel free to move to wherever you think leads the free world.
Old 06-11-17, 07:53 PM
All World

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Yeah cuz if you don't like something or don't agree with a notion about the place you live, you should leave! A great philosophy!
Old 06-11-17, 09:15 PM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yeah cuz if you don't like something or don't agree with a notion about the place you live, you should leave! A great philosophy!
Still waiting for you to name the leader......
Old 06-11-17, 09:41 PM
Save water....drink beer!

MoeDude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If there is no pro-Sharia Law movement or threat why do we need anti-Sharia Law protests? Or is this just some made up white power bs excuse to stir crap? Just asking. They do have a right to protest though everyone else does.
Here's why it's an issue TigerPaw. It will be interesting to see if you can read the next two links with an open mind:

Early Phases of Muslim Expansion

http://www.billionbibles.org/sharia/uk-sharia-law.html

Sharia Courts already exist in the UK because they have let the Muslim expansion go unchecked. Three years ago I had a project in the UK and a woman I worked with was already talking about how concerned she was that if it continued the Muslims could actually force British people off the the UK island. That's how concerned she was. Now look at the mess the UK is in.
Old 06-11-17, 10:08 PM
All World

irish_buffalo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
It's no more/less stupid than any other march that's been held in the last 9 months.
^ This.
Old 06-11-17, 11:10 PM

Quote:
If there is no pro-Sharia Law movement or threat why do we need anti-Sharia Law protests? ...
Islamazation of America

Tigerpaw here's another link about what's going on in the US. Here is a number to be aware of:

Quote:
...Estimated to be five million, the Muslim population in USA today is about the size of the Hispanic population 27 years ago, but it is growing six times faster than the national rate, thanks to high rates of birth, immigration and conversions....
I honestly don't understand why people are not taking note of what is going on around the world in countries that have let the Muslim population growth and migration go unchecked. It is a Global Movement. To deny it is being foolish and burying your head in the sand.
Old 06-11-17, 11:53 PM
All World

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMCinci View Post
Probably Merkel
Old 06-12-17, 12:47 AM
All Yappi

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Probably Merkel
Laugh out Loud. There's a misconception that the sole concern is refugees being affiliated with ISIS. In reality, it's bc their backwards azz religion let's them treat non-Muslim women like dolls.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...no-longer-safe
Old 06-12-17, 07:27 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeDude View Post
Islamazation of America

Tigerpaw here's another link about what's going on in the US. Here is a number to be aware of:

I honestly don't understand why people are not taking note of what is going on around the world in countries that have let the Muslim population growth and migration go unchecked. It is a Global Movement. To deny it is being foolish and burying your head in the sand.
It boggles my mind how blind these people are MoeDude! It's very unusual in the social sciences to have such a clean "experiment" to learn from as the one playing out in Europe. Europe has become a test laboratory assessing the impact of a rapidly growing Muslim population on the politics & cultures of Western, first world nations. Heck with the recent actions of Poland, Hungary, the Czech Republic & Slovakia to halt Muslim migration you actually have negative controls!

This is not a case of bigotry or racism (Islam is NOT a race) but a reaction to an invasion by an aggressive, reactionary & violent religious sect whose core values do not line up with ours. Making matters worse there is ample evidence in Europe that as their numbers increase assimilation stalls out and soon there are demands for the natives to assimilate to Islam. Dismissing these concerns as "extreme right wing paranoia" is to ignore the very real example of Europe and increasingly Australia.
Old 06-12-17, 09:41 AM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Merkel
Old 06-12-17, 10:41 AM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It's 2017
How about 2008-2016? Is that ancient history? In those years we have had an increase in domestic spying, the use of leaks of America's secrets for political purposes, the neglect of poor Americans of all races while they promote open borders that will cause further hardship among the poorest Americans, causing a serious reduction in the resources of the African American community, the use of the IRS to infringe on the constitutional rights of Americans to assemble and engage in a dialog on important national issues....etc.

Last edited by Purplemojo; 06-13-17 at 06:31 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-12-17, 10:49 AM
All World

Quote:
No, just you. You don't seem to enjoy living here.
Old 06-12-17, 11:52 AM
All World

Quote:
Probably Merkel
When Germany starts paying the majority of the NATO expenses or provides more in humanitarian aid than any country on the planet let me know.
Old 06-12-17, 11:52 AM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
I've seen some stuff on Facebook, and even on other forums swearing up and down that this or that town in Michigan, or Wisconsin, or somewhere has voted to dissolve the local government and install a Sharia-based government and legal system.

Every time I research it, turns out to be false. But the poster will swear up and down it's true. Even the mention of England is not completely accurate. As I understand it, there are local Sharia tribunals in some British towns, but they don't carry the weight of English law, which still prevails. The tribunals are focused on mainly cultural issues - hey may butt heads with the country's legal system, but unsuccessfully.

Not saying it couldn't happen in the future, even here, but up 'til now the sky is still up there.
Old 06-12-17, 12:44 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunardo View Post
I've seen some stuff on Facebook, and even on other forums swearing up and down that this or that town in Michigan, or Wisconsin, or somewhere has voted to dissolve the local government and install a Sharia-based government and legal system.

Every time I research it, turns out to be false. But the poster will swear up and down it's true. Even the mention of England is not completely accurate. As I understand it, there are local Sharia tribunals in some British towns, but they don't carry the weight of English law, which still prevails. The tribunals are focused on mainly cultural issues - hey may butt heads with the country's legal system, but unsuccessfully.

Not saying it couldn't happen in the future, even here, but up 'til now the sky is still up there.
Let me take the slack out of your sack, Chicken Little.

Legally speaking, I'd think that what would truly need to be guarded against in the courts is a Muslim effort to replicate the Native American Tribal Courts to which Native American offenders are frequently remanded in some states. There is legitimate cause for concern along that avenue, as they will claim themselves a distinct culture and cite Tribal Courts as their precedent for a Sharia Court. A return to "rule of thumb" may follow quickly, even if wrist slaps for honor killings don't.

An Islamic version could take hold in some blue states with pandering politicians. This needs to be hedged off legislatively at the Federal level as soon as the Dems self-destruct in the '18 cycle.
Old 06-12-17, 12:48 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
For a guy who loves illegal err undocumented immigrants that's ironic.
Old 06-13-17, 12:15 AM

Quote:

... Even the mention of England is not completely accurate. As I understand it, there are local Sharia tribunals in some British towns, but they don't carry the weight of English law, which still prevails. The tribunals are focused on mainly cultural issues - hey may butt heads with the country's legal system, but unsuccessfully.

Here's an explanation from one of the links I post above:
Quote:
In 2008, UK's government formally recognized the first Sharia Law court, and the Archbishop of Canterbury - the head of Church of England - conceded that adopting elements of the Sharia law into UK's court system was "unavoidable."

Since then, over 100 Sharia law courts have been established across the UK. Although they technically lie within the UK's Tribunal Court system, these Sharia courts have been issuing rulings that contradict Britain's common law.

In 2011, Britain's Muslims began demanding that Sharia replace British common law and become the only law in towns with large Muslim populations, including Birmingham, Bradford, Derby, Dewsbury, Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool, Luton, Manchester, Sheffield, Waltham Forest and Tower Hamlets, an East London Muslim enclave whose streets are already plastered with posters declaring, "You are entering a Sharia controlled zone: Islamic rules enforced" (below) and where Muslim imams now issue death threats to women who refuse to wear the Muslim veil.
In only 3 years they went from the Tribal Courts you mention to attempts to replace British Common Law in towns with large Muslim populations. The process is gradual and done in steps. As the Muslim population grows in percentage the move towards their way of life becomes a threat to the historical local way of life. Their birth rates are 5-6 times more than regular countrymen so it won't take long to increase their grip on the culture.

As for your comments about Michigan have you not heard about the Doctor in Michigan being charged with genital mutilation of over 100 girls?
Old 06-13-17, 06:44 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:

Zunardo, here's the link of the Michigan genital mutilation story that MoeDude was referring to:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/07/mi...s-us-attorney/

I agree with you that "Sharia" isn't going to be voted in using standard democrat procedures. It will sneak in under the guise of "cultural sensitivity". In the article above note how the NYT won't even refer to the illegal medical procedures as "genital mutilation" for fear of appearing culturally insensitive.

In Europe increasing Muslim populations lead to the infamous "no go zones". Now we can argue all day whether these are true "no go zones" in which non-Muslims can't go, but what is inarguable is that these are neighborhoods very different from the surrounding country side with unofficial rules & cultural norms often enforced informally by local gangs of men. Try running a bar or winery or delicatessen that serves pork meats in these communities (or on the edge of them). Heck women better be careful what they wear in or near these communities and even walking your dog (dogs are filthy according to some Islamic interpretations) can lead to violent assault.

At some point the imposition of Sharia will simply move from "informal" to 'formal". This cultural creep is real and is overwhelming even America's vaunted assimilation capabilities.
Old 06-13-17, 07:31 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

In only 3 years they went from the Tribal Courts you mention to attempts to replace British Common Law in towns with large Muslim populations. The process is gradual and done in steps. As the Muslim population grows in percentage the move towards their way of life becomes a threat to the historical local way of life. Their birth rates are 5-6 times more than regular countrymen so it won't take long to increase their grip on the culture.

As for your comments about Michigan have you not heard about the Doctor in Michigan being charged with genital mutilation of over 100 girls?
It's pretty clear Europe is headed for some major problems, if not back to the Dark Ages. Why would we be so stupid as to allow these people to gain any more of a foothold here ?
Old 06-13-17, 08:12 AM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
It's pretty clear Europe is headed for some major problems, if not back to the Dark Ages. Why would we be so stupid as to allow these people to gain any more of a foothold here ?
In Europe, the mosques are full and the churches are empty. Hence the problem. I had a cousin stay with us from Belgium five years ago, a girl in her early 20s, and she was shocked that we still attend church.

Europe is attempting cultural and societal suicide. I believe they will be successful. God forbid, it may take another Charlemagne to turn things around.
Old 06-13-17, 08:17 AM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Good point on how the quickly the culture assimilates.

My comment on Michigan still stands, because your example (I did read the link provided by lotr10) still does not deomonstrate replacing the current law with a Sharia government, and confirmed by the fact that the "doctor" who actually did this was not a U.S. citizen and had his U.S. passport privileges revoked.

Law & Order had an episode about a "doctor" who traveled to the NY from the Mideast, just so he could perform genital mutilation on local girls of a particular ethnicity - but that did not mean the Big Apple was about to mandate the observance of el-Eid.

Now, could things change enough here to create the conditions you mentioned ? It's conceivable, but I don't think it's likely as long as our country is still standing.

It is more likely that that they could create their own compound, similar to some white separatists in Idaho or Montana (o, the irony!), where they run things as they see fit, and no outsiders allowed. But they'd have to buying some serious ranch property first, which goes back to making it less likely - at this time .......
Old 06-13-17, 09:26 AM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Probably Merkel
Merkel? In what sense? The western world doesn't follow Germany's lead on anything. Germany has enough problems dealing with the EU. You aren't seeing German investment take over industries abroad, heck MB couldn't even absorb Chrysler....... it took an Italian to remake Chrysler - you know the country that builds 6 speed tanks, 5 reverse gears and 1 forward in case the enemy gets around them?

You could have made a case for India, but even there the global impact of them setting direction is minimal.
Old 06-13-17, 11:53 AM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMCinci View Post
Change in leader doesn't necessarily mean new leader. It does seem a movement towards isolation (I'd more call it "independence" really).
Old 06-13-17, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Good point on how the quickly the culture assimilates.

My comment on Michigan still stands, because your example (I did read the link provided by lotr10) still does not deomonstrate replacing the current law with a Sharia government, and confirmed by the fact that the "doctor" who actually did this was not a U.S. citizen and had his U.S. passport privileges revoked.

Law & Order had an episode about a "doctor" who traveled to the NY from the Mideast, just so he could perform genital mutilation on local girls of a particular ethnicity - but that did not mean the Big Apple was about to mandate the observance of el-Eid.

Now, could things change enough here to create the conditions you mentioned ? It's conceivable, but I don't think it's likely as long as our country is still standing.

It is more likely that that they could create their own compound, similar to some white separatists in Idaho or Montana (o, the irony!), where they run things as they see fit, and no outsiders allowed. But they'd have to buying some serious ranch property first, which goes back to making it less likely - at this time .......
I guess what I don't understand from your post is a sense of apathy and lack of concern. What Europe and Australia are going through now is what the US will be like in 20 - 30 years(or sooner) if we don't stop the flood of refugees and maintain our current lifestyle. Already we are seeing high schools not flying the US flag because it offends some people.

A Tennessee school district banned all flags and included the US Flag, unfricking believable. Here's what one of the school representatives was quoted:
Quote:
"While this was not necessarily an attack on the American flag, there were some other issues we're trying to address. It's not an unpatriotic act by any means because we have a number of ways in which students do learn how to be patriotic and express American pride."
Obama's apologist tour started all this crap and believe it or not it was about a weekening of the US. I can't believe people who grew up with the freedoms this country has allotted us are falling into this pit.

But I find your nonchalant manner regarding this overall Muslim issue alarming because there are so many people adopting the same attitude. There is a Muslim Global Migration going on right now and it's not all about terrorism.

I've traveled a lot internationally and I love to experience different cultures around the world. I show respect for local countries traditions and norms but I expect the same from anyone who visits the US. Heck even around the US you have different cultures, traditions and norms one should respect in the different regions. Former immigrants used to pride themselves in assimilating to the American Way. I find it alarming that in the past few decades this is no longer true.
Old 06-13-17, 02:53 PM
All Region

GCLFan99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Here's why it's an issue TigerPaw. It will be interesting to see if you can read the next two links with an open mind:

Early Phases of Muslim Expansion

http://www.billionbibles.org/sharia/uk-sharia-law.html

Sharia Courts already exist in the UK because they have let the Muslim expansion go unchecked. Three years ago I had a project in the UK and a woman I worked with was already talking about how concerned she was that if it continued the Muslims could actually force British people off the the UK island. That's how concerned she was. Now look at the mess the UK is in.
Shaira courts are used as a means for resolving marital or financial matters of those of the Islamic faith. These courts dont have legal standing among those of non Islamic faith. It is also important to note that many people of the Islamic faith want these matters resolved by their own community. (Although I am sure there are women who prefer matters resolved outside of sharia law).

Orthodox Jews often settle matters in front of the Jewish Beth Din courts as again these courts are often best suited to handle matters that involve those whose rules of faith are not always recognized in a regular court of law.

I am not suggesting that I agree with all aspects of any faith but lets not pretend that these are the beginning of Islamic faith taking over the UK
Old 06-13-17, 02:54 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I've traveled a lot internationally and I love to experience different cultures around the world. I show respect for local countries traditions and norms but I expect the same from anyone who visits the US. Heck even around the US you have different cultures, traditions and norms one should respect in the different regions. Former immigrants used to pride themselves in assimilating to the American Way. I find it alarming that in the past few decades this is no longer true.
Immigrants are the ones that created that diversity of internal culture that you respect. It's there because they didn't "assimilate," they integrated. That means they change and those already here, changed. We integrated. That's American, we're not The Borg.

I'm not getting the basis for your fear or your complaint and I'm much more anti-open door than anyone else I've seen give opinion on these forums.
Old 06-13-17, 03:19 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
In Europe, the mosques are full and the churches are empty. Hence the problem. I had a cousin stay with us from Belgium five years ago, a girl in her early 20s, and she was shocked that we still attend church.

Europe is attempting cultural and societal suicide. I believe they will be successful. God forbid, it may take another Charlemagne to turn things around.
It begins with the introduction of Secular Humanism as the State religion/un-religion.

We are really just a generation or so behind Europe if the Dems get their way. Kind of culturally sniffing our own azzes at the "pinnacle of human enlightenment and evolution". Nature abhors a vacuum, right ? Something has to replace Christianity.

It will really be funny looking back if it turns out that the New World was saved by rednecks, fundamentalist Christians, and logical folks portrayed as xenophobes.

I think Canada and the greater Buffalo and Detroit areas will prove to be far more problematic than anyone is guessing now. Just waiting for the numbers......

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: