Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-10-17, 12:50 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Anti-Sharia marches kick off in numerous cities across the country

Quote:
An increasingly vocal anti-Muslim activist group has kicked off protests in numerous cities across the country, marching in opposition to Islamic law, which the group believes is threatening American society.

ACT for America, a lobbyist organization with close ties to the Trump administration that has helped pass state-level bills targeting Islamic law and refugees, organized the protests as a nationwide “March Against Sharia.”

The marches set up the potential for more public clashes between far-right activists and their far-left opposition, similar to recent violent encounters between the political extremes in Berkeley, Calif., and Portland, Ore. While demonstrators argue they are protecting free speech and defending traditional American values, counterprotesters say the marchers underscore a larger trend of intolerance that is increasingly evident across a politically divided country.
Read more:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ant...try/ar-BBCqGcs
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-17, 12:55 PM
All American

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The marches set up the potential for more public clashes between far-right activists and their far-left opposition
So the left supports Sharia law. Got it.

I wonder why they can't win a state between the coasts to save their lives?
Old 06-10-17, 01:18 PM
All American

EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
100% in favor of peaceful protest by any group. Thank goodness we have that right in this country. Glad we don't all think alike. That thought is scary...
Old 06-10-17, 01:35 PM
Go Buckeyes

I think this is an interesting flip-flop of ideas. The left is against almost everything that Sharia law is in favor of. The right is usually in favor of religious freedoms.

Add the word "Islam" to the equation and suddenly the right is against it and the left works in favor of religious freedom.
Old 06-10-17, 02:02 PM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
I think this is an interesting flip-flop of ideas. The left is against almost everything that Sharia law is in favor of. The right is usually in favor of religious freedoms.

Add the word "Islam" to the equation and suddenly the right is against it and the left works in favor of religious freedom.
As a member of the "Right", the Libertarian branch anyway, let me say that I am in fact against genital mutilation, honor killing, telling women what to wear, killing people for changing their religion, acid attacks and wife beating. I guess I am a right wing nut-job for believing in women's rights, freedom of religion and the US Constitution as the supreme law of the land. God help us, our Country has gone completely insane, especially the Democratic portion of our population.
Old 06-10-17, 02:07 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
The left is the biggest bunch of phonies. They don't care about Islam, they are just anti-white and are willing to partner with anything that clashes with the "colonialists".
Old 06-10-17, 09:37 PM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Sharia Law would actually undermine several rights spelled out in the Bill of Rights since it would actually establish a religious component to government among others. You'd find most conservatives would object to holding people accountable to Jewish crimes of the Old Testament or subject to punishments spelled out in the New Testament.
Old 06-10-17, 11:12 PM
All Ohio

gneiss rocks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
As a member of the "Right", the Libertarian branch anyway, let me say that I am in fact against genital mutilation, honor killing, telling women what to wear, killing people for changing their religion, acid attacks and wife beating. I guess I am a right wing nut-job for believing in women's rights, freedom of religion and the US Constitution as the supreme law of the land. God help us, our Country has gone completely insane, especially the Democratic portion of our population.
You are acting a bit blasphemous tonight. The freedom of women thing is a step to far.
Old 06-11-17, 12:14 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
If there is no pro-Sharia Law movement or threat why do we need anti-Sharia Law protests? Or is this just some made up white power bs excuse to stir crap? Just asking. They do have a right to protest though everyone else does.
Old 06-11-17, 07:01 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
It's no more/less stupid than any other march that's been held in the last 9 months.
Old 06-11-17, 07:12 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
If there is no pro-Sharia Law movement or threat why do we need anti-Sharia Law protests? Or is this just some made up white power bs excuse to stir crap? Just asking. They do have a right to protest though everyone else does.
I understand your question and, while there is not the prevalence that there is in England, where the Archbishop of Canterbury and the Prince of Wales have both indicated that Sharia may have a place in British courts, there does seem to be a creeping tolerance for Sharia within the household, families and certain communities where the civil authorities have shown a reluctance to prosecute. Wife beating is not a freedom of religion issue and must not be tolerated in our society regardless of your religion. We cannot have no go areas in the US as they do in France and other places.

I would not be with the Sharia protesters at this point in time. I too question their motives, but neither would I be out there in support of Sharia or involved in the ridicules counter protest.
Old 06-11-17, 07:43 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
The counter-protests are not in support of Sharia Law. They are in support of muslim's living in the country. Just as Nazi or KKK counter-protests support minorities and Jews, not unsafe neighborhoods. It is a false narrative, but that's what they do. Obviously works on a lot of people.
Old 06-11-17, 07:56 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
The counter-protests are not in support of Sharia Law. They are in support of muslim's living in the country. Just as Nazi or KKK counter-protests support minorities and Jews, not unsafe neighborhoods. False narrative. But people are easily manipulated that's why they do it.
This is how its done folks. Compare the people participating in the "anti Sharia" protests to "Nazis" & "Klansmen". Equate the anti-Sharia protests with removing Muslims from the country and it becomes an issue of good (progressives protecting Muslims) versus evil (right wing racists acting like modern Nazis).

It's the classic playbook we saw exploited to horrific ends in Europe. As MoeDude has correctly pointed out the behavior of Muslim populations within a society changes significantly as the percentage of Muslims in that society increases. The end game is very clear: Islamic domination of the country including at least some variations of Sharia.

I don't know what the answer is but I do know that we would be in big trouble if a time portal opened up on Dark Ages Europe and millions of Christians, circa 800 AD, came flooding through to live in the US.

Bottom line is that I suspect these protests are a waste of time and can even be used against people who have real concerns about the growth of this aggressive political/religious sect within the US. These protests allow folks like TigerPaw to steer the discussion away from the growing threat and refocus it on the antics of the marchers & those opposing them (good versus evil again).
Old 06-11-17, 08:40 AM
All World

Quote:
The counter-protests are not in support of Sharia Law. They are in support of muslim's living in the country. Just as Nazi or KKK counter-protests support minorities and Jews, not unsafe neighborhoods. It is a false narrative, but that's what they do. Obviously works on a lot of people.
I did not see where any of the protesters said that Muslims are not welcome in our country. Talk about false narratives. Its like the suspension of immigration from failed states is a "Muslim ban", even though the objective truth is that it clearly isn't, just because Trump says stupid crap and because Democrats want to gain politically by opposing it. False narrative, straw men and false news, it's all BS and our country is suffering because of it. Double speak and news speak straight out of Orwell's 1984. It's getting scary people.
Old 06-11-17, 09:14 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I did not see where any of the protesters said that Muslims are not welcome in our country. Talk about false narratives. Its like the suspension of immigration from failed states is a "Muslim ban", even though the objective truth is that it clearly isn't, just because Trump says stupid crap and because Democrats want to gain politically by opposing it. False narrative, straw men and false news, it's all BS and our country is suffering because of it. Double speak and news speak straight out of Orwell's 1984. It's getting scary people.
That's the way TigerPoo and his friends roll.
Old 06-11-17, 09:15 AM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If Muslims are already allowed to live in the country, why do we need protests supporting their right to live here? Or is this some made up progressive bs to stir crap up. It's a false narrative, but that's what they do. Obviously it works on a lot of people.

Look familiar? This isn't even hard. In consecutive statements you contradict yourself.
Old 06-11-17, 10:09 AM
All Ohio

Looking at the signs these antifa protesters are holding in the photos are so ironic. Seems like they need me to finish their thoughts on those signs...

LISTEN TO MUSLIM WOMEN... Only when their husbands allow them to speak out. Or they will get a good beating!
I AM A LOVER ATHEIST AND PATRIOT I STAND WITH ISLAM... they should be allowed to cut my head off for being a non believing infidel.
ALL ARE FREE... except you people holding a peaceful protest, you should die!
FULL CITIZENS RIGHTS FOR ALL... if you can get here I will pay for everything personally.
DRIVE OUT TRUMP... because I like things my way always! no matter what!
STOP FASCISM... by joining us in becoming a fascist!
LOVE TRUMPS HATE... and if you support Trump I will stomp a new hole in your skull!
MUSLIMS LOVE HUMAN RIGHTS... for muslim men only.

i

Last edited by gneiss rocks; 06-11-17 at 10:43 AM.
Old 06-11-17, 11:09 AM
Moderated User

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
As the leader of the Western/Free World, it's America's obligation to stand with our European allies as they fight off this threat.
Old 06-11-17, 11:10 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gneiss rocks View Post
Looking at the signs these antifa protesters are holding in the photos are so ironic. Seems like they need me to finish their thoughts on those signs...

LISTEN TO MUSLIM WOMEN... Only when their husbands allow them to speak out. Or they will get a good beating!
I AM A LOVER ATHEIST AND PATRIOT I STAND WITH ISLAM... they should be allowed to cut my head off for being a non believing infidel.
ALL ARE FREE... except you people holding a peaceful protest, you should die!
FULL CITIZENS RIGHTS FOR ALL... if you can get here I will pay for everything personally.
DRIVE OUT TRUMP... because I like things my way always! no matter what!
STOP FASCISM... by joining us in becoming a fascist!
LOVE TRUMPS HATE... and if you support Trump I will stomp a new hole in your skull!
MUSLIMS LOVE HUMAN RIGHTS... for muslim men only.

i
Ever Seen an Antifa kid try to to fight some burly Trump supporter one on one, it always ends very badly for them. They can only fight in groups using pepper spray and blunt objects.
Old 06-11-17, 11:13 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
There's people on the far left who actually believe Trump wants to put Muslims in interment camps.
Old 06-11-17, 12:04 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
There's people on the far left who actually believe Trump wants to put Muslims in interment camps.
Historically, that is a democrat move. Wilson did it on a small scale in WWI and the only reason he did not expand it was the fact that his propaganda program was so successful that he had managed to have most of the nation turn on, assault, intimidate and harass German American citizens making further internments unnecessary. Roosevelt did it on a massive scale in WWII interning Japanese Americans. It is funny how Democrats project all of their sins on Republicans. Democrats are the party of institutional slavery and post slavery racism and the party of violating the civil rights of American citizens of different ethnic backgrounds and yet, they manage, with the help of a willing and corrupt media establishment, to portray the opposite.
Old 06-11-17, 01:28 PM
Go Buckeyes

I'll be curious to see if both sides come together in a major case in the future. If someone gets off for a crime involving a female victim in an area that is embracing sharia law, will the left and right both come together to protest? Will we have women's rights groups, anti-sharia groups, and antifa all protesting at the same time supporting the woman but still yelling at each other?
Old 06-11-17, 01:57 PM
All World

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
As the leader of the Western/Free World, it's America's obligation to stand with our European allies as they fight off this threat.
Oh it's funny you still think we're the leader of the Western or Free World
Old 06-11-17, 01:58 PM
All World

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Historically, that is a democrat move. Wilson did it on a small scale in WWI and the only reason he did not expand it was the fact that his propaganda program was so successful that he had managed to have most of the nation turn on, assault, intimidate and harass German American citizens making further internments unnecessary. Roosevelt did it on a massive scale in WWII interning Japanese Americans. It is funny how Democrats project all of their sins on Republicans. Democrats are the party of institutional slavery and post slavery racism and the party of violating the civil rights of American citizens of different ethnic backgrounds and yet, they manage, with the help of a willing and corrupt media establishment, to portray the opposite.
It's 2017
Old 06-11-17, 02:00 PM
Go Buckeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
When did that end?
Old 06-11-17, 02:18 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
When did that end?
Where have you been??? we lost that during Obama's first term... we just recently got it back.
Old 06-11-17, 02:45 PM
All American

serpico is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'll be curious to see if both sides come together in a major case in the future. If someone gets off for a crime involving a female victim in an area that is embracing sharia law, will the left and right both come together to protest? Will we have women's rights groups, anti-sharia groups, and antifa all protesting at the same time supporting the woman but still yelling at each other?
Yes, because most of these people on both sides are really just there to let loose their bile.
Old 06-11-17, 02:58 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Seeing how every other major Western Country is under attack by Radical Islam, yeah, I think the US is the leader of the Free world.
Old 06-11-17, 03:00 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
It's 2017
And yet there's a major Religion out there that believes women are 2nd class citizens and gays deserve the death penalty.

It's so funny, how great we have it in the US, that the Left actually believes the Christian Right is as bad as Islam. Don't get me wrong, the Christian Right is filled with awful backwards people, but for the most part they'll stick to calling gays "fags" instead of chucking them off buildings. Neither is good, but one is clearly worse than the other.
Old 06-11-17, 03:01 PM
All District

king kong is on a distinguished road
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...0222a#comments

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/22...-refugees.html

Check out this story from Idaho. Another point about this case is the fact that the Judge ruled guilty, but gave the kids, ages 7, 12 and 16 probation and then put a gag order on everyone in the case!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: