Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-16-17, 04:03 PM
All Ohio

kmac57 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvsnow View Post
Bellbrook played Alter, Carroll, Northmont.... CJ...plus scrimmaged Centerville....winning...Fenwick and Lebanon last year....and does again this season. Plus in league plays Oakwood, Valley View and Monroe twice each. Pretty good for D-2 Dayton public school.
Could be Bellbrook's year.

Soccer team will be very good having seen them the last couple of years, might be year they break through. Strong defense, great goalie and solid offense players. They will tough to deal with. I believe schedule is strong enough to prepare them for the tourney.

They will also be a major force in girls basketball. Everyone back. 4 talented seniors to lead.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-17, 09:09 AM
Varsity

Sports_Fan_ is on a distinguished road
I agree Hamilton will be better and has improved under Sams, their results speak for themselves. But as far as had Sycamore beat and give up late goal, that is not accurate. In fact Sycamore hit post twice and Hamilton keeper made two great saves to keep it 1-1. Also, in last 7 minutes played with double sweeper to preserve the tie.
GMC is up for grabs, all teams have a chance!![/QUOTE]

I don't remember any specifics outside the late cross and goal while sycamore was down late in game! I do know HHS doesn't run any sweepers my kid plays defense it's flat 4 in back but maybe they ran duel mids but I know coach has never had sweeper! I agree with you that the GMC is wide open and it's not the same group anymore the GMC is very competitive top to bottom!
Old 06-17-17, 07:57 PM
Junior Varsity

Futbol2017 is on a distinguished road
Now that we've run through beating the dead horse on the CUP vs. OE "discussions", which teams lost the most to the DA? I would think Mason, East, West for public schools. What about the privates?
Old 06-18-17, 10:38 AM
All Ohio

CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
the hornets lost 11 seniors and one of the best in recent memory although they finished 13-3-2 i think it will be hard for them to match that this year. you might be right it might be the eagles year.
Old 06-18-17, 11:33 PM
All District

Reynaldo2000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvsnow View Post
Bellbrook played Alter, Carroll, Northmont.... CJ...plus scrimmaged Centerville....winning...Fenwick and Lebanon last year....and does again this season. Plus in league plays Oakwood, Valley View and Monroe twice each. Pretty good for D-2 Dayton public school.
Yes but to take it to the next level they should be playing some top/mid level D1 schools. The league is weak with 6 patsies. The only two schools that impress me on your list are Alter and Carroll. It is the difference between being a good D2 school and a great team. Seems like they are ready to test the waters with some powers. McNick played Loveland, St. Ursula, Turpin, Anderson, Summit. You get ready for the tourney by scheduling these teams in-season. Who cares about the record?
Old 06-21-17, 12:35 AM
Varsity

soccer21stcentury is on a distinguished road
Hamilton's Girls soccer has a strong goalie (J) that's a Senior. She transferred back from a private D3 high school.
Old 06-26-17, 08:51 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer21stcentury View Post
Hamilton's Girls soccer has a strong goalie (J) that's a Senior. She transferred back from a private D3 high school.
She can play, from watching her in open field play she has a great feel for the game tall and athletic frame and has a good foot. I know I've been on the Hamilton bandwagon a few years now but the open fields are very competitive and solid players all over the field. I think this is the year for the Blue in GMC, but we shall see!
Old 06-26-17, 11:26 AM
All Ohio

sounds like an incredible amount of talent good for them. what about oak hills i know last year you picked them to fall out of the top ten how do they do this year
Old 06-26-17, 01:32 PM
All Region

xscoutsoc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynaldo2000 View Post
Yes but to take it to the next level they should be playing some top/mid level D1 schools. The league is weak with 6 patsies. The only two schools that impress me on your list are Alter and Carroll. It is the difference between being a good D2 school and a great team. Seems like they are ready to test the waters with some powers. McNick played Loveland, St. Ursula, Turpin, Anderson, Summit. You get ready for the tourney by scheduling these teams in-season. Who cares about the record?
Even before scheduling higher level D2 schools, they need to win the games already on their schedule. They tied Carroll 0-0 during the regular season in a game that Carroll had 2 goals disallowed. They lost 3-0 to Alter and 1-0 to CJ.

They finished the season on a high note. Let's see if they can continue that momentum.
Old 06-26-17, 01:43 PM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
I don't have a dog in the fight any longer but from what I know with what D2 schools have in returning talent I think Alter, Indian Hill and McNick are still the teams to beat in Cinn/Dayton.
Old 06-26-17, 09:17 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitrusCrunch View Post
sounds like an incredible amount of talent good for them. what about oak hills i know last year you picked them to fall out of the top ten how do they do this year
You are correct and if you noticed I picked them to win the GMC until someone beats them! Back to back undefeated seasons they are the champs until they are dethroned in GMC! But on a side note the Oak Hills/Hamilton game last season was the best game I watched all fall 1-0 and oak hills scored in last 2min of the game!
Old 07-04-17, 01:20 PM
Varsity

Of these fall showcases which seems to have the best teams to
"Showcase"? I know Hamilton attends Strongsville but not sure about others. Thoughts?
Old 07-04-17, 02:11 PM
All American

cincysports4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports_Fan_ View Post
Of these fall showcases which seems to have the best teams to
"Showcase"? I know Hamilton attends Strongsville but not sure about others. Thoughts?
Northmont is strong this year. Centerville, creek, Lebanon, oak hills, bellbrooke and walnut hills all play one another.

Mason top division also looks good. Turpin, Mason, oak hills, east central, creek amongst a few others.
Old 07-12-17, 01:26 PM
Varsity

fearthekeeper is on a distinguished road
I keep hearing "watch out for Seton" from my westside friends. Any of the yappi experts think they have a shot?
Old 07-12-17, 03:19 PM
All Ohio

yeah i think they have a solid shot lot of quality players to work with
Old 07-12-17, 04:05 PM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
I would think if anyone on the west side should see improvement it would be Mercy-Mcauley, putting 2 DI teams together. They should have some depth at least. That is this year isn't it?
Old 07-12-17, 04:50 PM
All Region

Fair&Balanced is on a distinguished road
No...next year.
Old 07-13-17, 02:54 PM
Junior Varsity

HSfooty1977 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
I would think if anyone on the west side should see improvement it would be Mercy-Mcauley, putting 2 DI teams together. They should have some depth at least. That is this year isn't it?
McAuley dropped down to division two this year due to low numbers and competitive balance. But once combined in 2018, should stir the pot in the GGCL.
Old 07-17-17, 09:21 AM
All District

EXPRESS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearthekeeper View Post
I keep hearing "watch out for Seton" from my westside friends. Any of the yappi experts think they have a shot?
They'll have a lot of young talent that can make a big impact.
Old 07-17-17, 09:22 AM
All District

EXPRESS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSfooty1977 View Post
McAuley dropped down to division two this year due to low numbers and competitive balance. But once combined in 2018, should stir the pot in the GGCL.
McMercy will be absolutely loaded next year.
Old 07-17-17, 09:49 AM
All American

cincysports4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXPRESS View Post
McMercy will be absolutely loaded next year.
Should be solid. I think seton hit a homerun with mercy closing down. Mcauley is far for some girls on the Westside. Setons enrollment sky rocketed this year and next year is expected to be up as well.
Old 07-17-17, 09:34 PM
All District

Reynaldo2000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futbol2017 View Post
Now that we've run through beating the dead horse on the CUP vs. OE "discussions", which teams lost the most to the DA? I would think Mason, East, West for public schools. What about the privates?
The #1 team in the city only lost one player.
Old 07-18-17, 05:24 AM
All District

Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The #1 team in the city only lost one player.
Who is that?
Old 07-18-17, 12:18 PM
Varsity

soccerfan63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post
Who is that?
I should have written "Last years final #1 ranked team", not sure what the preseason poll will indicate. But that school would be Loveland.
Old 07-18-17, 03:10 PM
All Region

werns63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfan63 View Post
I should have written "Last years final #1 ranked team", not sure what the preseason poll will indicate. But that school would be Loveland.
They will open up as #1. Ursula and Loveland will be the 2 top teams this season.
Old 07-19-17, 06:33 AM
All Ohio

Schmitt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Just looked at McNicks schedule. They play St.Ursula, MND, Mercy, McAuley, Turpin, Anderson and d3 powers Badin, Summit and CCD. Also State Champion Alter, Carroll, Fenwick and the normal GCL Coed schedule. There are typically no slouches in the league now that Purcell doesn't field a team. Thats how you get ready for the tourney.
Old 07-19-17, 08:20 AM
All American

buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
Nice that they play some D-1 teams. The D-3 POWERS....OH MY!!! Yeah.....GO MCNICK.....GO MCNICK. YAWN
Old 07-19-17, 08:23 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
Nice that they play some D-1 teams. The D-3 POWERS....OH MY!!! Yeah.....GO MCNICK.....GO MCNICK. YAWN
So what D2 team plays a better schedule year in year out?
Old 07-19-17, 08:38 AM
All American

buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
Every year we go through the same garbage. The McNick pumpers!!! Just think if Mason was D-2. We would be ALL WORLD! Every kid at National Training Camp. Love Pre-season chest pumping!
Old 07-19-17, 09:00 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
Every year we go through the same garbage. The McNick pumpers!!! Just think if Mason was D-2. We would be ALL WORLD! Every kid at National Training Camp. Love Pre-season chest pumping!
Mason with 7X the girls? Yep that makes sense. Not pumping just responding to another post. I don't really care enough to even argue..Lol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: