Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #61  
Old 06-16-17, 04:03 PM
kmac57 kmac57 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-05-13
Posts: 619
kmac57 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvsnow View Post
Bellbrook played Alter, Carroll, Northmont.... CJ...plus scrimmaged Centerville....winning...Fenwick and Lebanon last year....and does again this season. Plus in league plays Oakwood, Valley View and Monroe twice each. Pretty good for D-2 Dayton public school.
Could be Bellbrook's year.

Soccer team will be very good having seen them the last couple of years, might be year they break through. Strong defense, great goalie and solid offense players. They will tough to deal with. I believe schedule is strong enough to prepare them for the tourney.

They will also be a major force in girls basketball. Everyone back. 4 talented seniors to lead.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #62  
Old 06-17-17, 09:09 AM
Sports_Fan_ Sports_Fan_ is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-12-16
Posts: 77
Sports_Fan_ is on a distinguished road
I agree Hamilton will be better and has improved under Sams, their results speak for themselves. But as far as had Sycamore beat and give up late goal, that is not accurate. In fact Sycamore hit post twice and Hamilton keeper made two great saves to keep it 1-1. Also, in last 7 minutes played with double sweeper to preserve the tie.
GMC is up for grabs, all teams have a chance!![/QUOTE]

I don't remember any specifics outside the late cross and goal while sycamore was down late in game! I do know HHS doesn't run any sweepers my kid plays defense it's flat 4 in back but maybe they ran duel mids but I know coach has never had sweeper! I agree with you that the GMC is wide open and it's not the same group anymore the GMC is very competitive top to bottom!
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 06-17-17, 07:57 PM
Futbol2017 Futbol2017 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 05-26-17
Posts: 41
Futbol2017 is on a distinguished road
Now that we've run through beating the dead horse on the CUP vs. OE "discussions", which teams lost the most to the DA? I would think Mason, East, West for public schools. What about the privates?
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 06-18-17, 10:38 AM
CitrusCrunch CitrusCrunch is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-22-07
Posts: 827
CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
the hornets lost 11 seniors and one of the best in recent memory although they finished 13-3-2 i think it will be hard for them to match that this year. you might be right it might be the eagles year.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 06-18-17, 11:33 PM
Reynaldo2000 Reynaldo2000 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 03-19-14
Posts: 103
Reynaldo2000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvsnow View Post
Bellbrook played Alter, Carroll, Northmont.... CJ...plus scrimmaged Centerville....winning...Fenwick and Lebanon last year....and does again this season. Plus in league plays Oakwood, Valley View and Monroe twice each. Pretty good for D-2 Dayton public school.
Yes but to take it to the next level they should be playing some top/mid level D1 schools. The league is weak with 6 patsies. The only two schools that impress me on your list are Alter and Carroll. It is the difference between being a good D2 school and a great team. Seems like they are ready to test the waters with some powers. McNick played Loveland, St. Ursula, Turpin, Anderson, Summit. You get ready for the tourney by scheduling these teams in-season. Who cares about the record?
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 06-21-17, 12:35 AM
soccer21stcentury soccer21stcentury is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 05-29-14
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 78
soccer21stcentury is on a distinguished road
Hamilton's Girls soccer has a strong goalie (J) that's a Senior. She transferred back from a private D3 high school.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 06-26-17, 08:51 AM
Sports_Fan_ Sports_Fan_ is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-12-16
Posts: 77
Sports_Fan_ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer21stcentury View Post
Hamilton's Girls soccer has a strong goalie (J) that's a Senior. She transferred back from a private D3 high school.
She can play, from watching her in open field play she has a great feel for the game tall and athletic frame and has a good foot. I know I've been on the Hamilton bandwagon a few years now but the open fields are very competitive and solid players all over the field. I think this is the year for the Blue in GMC, but we shall see!
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 06-26-17, 11:26 AM
CitrusCrunch CitrusCrunch is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-22-07
Posts: 827
CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
sounds like an incredible amount of talent good for them. what about oak hills i know last year you picked them to fall out of the top ten how do they do this year
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 06-26-17, 01:32 PM
xscoutsoc xscoutsoc is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-02-10
Location: The Queen City
Posts: 377
xscoutsoc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynaldo2000 View Post
Yes but to take it to the next level they should be playing some top/mid level D1 schools. The league is weak with 6 patsies. The only two schools that impress me on your list are Alter and Carroll. It is the difference between being a good D2 school and a great team. Seems like they are ready to test the waters with some powers. McNick played Loveland, St. Ursula, Turpin, Anderson, Summit. You get ready for the tourney by scheduling these teams in-season. Who cares about the record?
Even before scheduling higher level D2 schools, they need to win the games already on their schedule. They tied Carroll 0-0 during the regular season in a game that Carroll had 2 goals disallowed. They lost 3-0 to Alter and 1-0 to CJ.

They finished the season on a high note. Let's see if they can continue that momentum.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 06-26-17, 01:43 PM
Irwin20 Irwin20 is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 08-14-11
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 2,853
Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
I don't have a dog in the fight any longer but from what I know with what D2 schools have in returning talent I think Alter, Indian Hill and McNick are still the teams to beat in Cinn/Dayton.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 06-26-17, 09:17 PM
Sports_Fan_ Sports_Fan_ is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-12-16
Posts: 77
Sports_Fan_ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitrusCrunch View Post
sounds like an incredible amount of talent good for them. what about oak hills i know last year you picked them to fall out of the top ten how do they do this year
You are correct and if you noticed I picked them to win the GMC until someone beats them! Back to back undefeated seasons they are the champs until they are dethroned in GMC! But on a side note the Oak Hills/Hamilton game last season was the best game I watched all fall 1-0 and oak hills scored in last 2min of the game!
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 07-04-17, 01:20 PM
Sports_Fan_ Sports_Fan_ is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-12-16
Posts: 77
Sports_Fan_ is on a distinguished road
Of these fall showcases which seems to have the best teams to
"Showcase"? I know Hamilton attends Strongsville but not sure about others. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 07-04-17, 02:11 PM
cincysports4 cincysports4 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-02-06
Posts: 1,786
cincysports4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports_Fan_ View Post
Of these fall showcases which seems to have the best teams to
"Showcase"? I know Hamilton attends Strongsville but not sure about others. Thoughts?
Northmont is strong this year. Centerville, creek, Lebanon, oak hills, bellbrooke and walnut hills all play one another.

Mason top division also looks good. Turpin, Mason, oak hills, east central, creek amongst a few others.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 07-12-17, 01:26 PM
fearthekeeper fearthekeeper is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-20-15
Posts: 65
fearthekeeper is on a distinguished road
I keep hearing "watch out for Seton" from my westside friends. Any of the yappi experts think they have a shot?
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 07-12-17, 03:19 PM
CitrusCrunch CitrusCrunch is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-22-07
Posts: 827
CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
yeah i think they have a solid shot lot of quality players to work with
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 07-12-17, 04:05 PM
Irwin20 Irwin20 is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 08-14-11
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 2,853
Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
I would think if anyone on the west side should see improvement it would be Mercy-Mcauley, putting 2 DI teams together. They should have some depth at least. That is this year isn't it?
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 07-12-17, 04:50 PM
Fair&Balanced Fair&Balanced is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-06-12
Posts: 379
Fair&Balanced is on a distinguished road
No...next year.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 07-13-17, 02:54 PM
HSfooty1977 HSfooty1977 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-13-15
Posts: 29
HSfooty1977 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
I would think if anyone on the west side should see improvement it would be Mercy-Mcauley, putting 2 DI teams together. They should have some depth at least. That is this year isn't it?
McAuley dropped down to division two this year due to low numbers and competitive balance. But once combined in 2018, should stir the pot in the GGCL.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 07-17-17, 09:21 AM
EXPRESS EXPRESS is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-16-05
Location: West of I-75
Posts: 135
EXPRESS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearthekeeper View Post
I keep hearing "watch out for Seton" from my westside friends. Any of the yappi experts think they have a shot?
They'll have a lot of young talent that can make a big impact.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 07-17-17, 09:22 AM
EXPRESS EXPRESS is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-16-05
Location: West of I-75
Posts: 135
EXPRESS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSfooty1977 View Post
McAuley dropped down to division two this year due to low numbers and competitive balance. But once combined in 2018, should stir the pot in the GGCL.
McMercy will be absolutely loaded next year.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 07-17-17, 09:49 AM
cincysports4 cincysports4 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-02-06
Posts: 1,786
cincysports4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXPRESS View Post
McMercy will be absolutely loaded next year.
Should be solid. I think seton hit a homerun with mercy closing down. Mcauley is far for some girls on the Westside. Setons enrollment sky rocketed this year and next year is expected to be up as well.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 07-17-17, 09:34 PM
Reynaldo2000 Reynaldo2000 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 03-19-14
Posts: 103
Reynaldo2000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futbol2017 View Post
Now that we've run through beating the dead horse on the CUP vs. OE "discussions", which teams lost the most to the DA? I would think Mason, East, West for public schools. What about the privates?
The #1 team in the city only lost one player.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 07-18-17, 05:24 AM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 233
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynaldo2000 View Post
The #1 team in the city only lost one player.
Who is that?
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 07-18-17, 12:18 PM
soccerfan63 soccerfan63 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-17-17
Posts: 60
soccerfan63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post
Who is that?
I should have written "Last years final #1 ranked team", not sure what the preseason poll will indicate. But that school would be Loveland.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 07-18-17, 03:10 PM
werns63 werns63 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-03-06
Posts: 432
werns63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfan63 View Post
I should have written "Last years final #1 ranked team", not sure what the preseason poll will indicate. But that school would be Loveland.
They will open up as #1. Ursula and Loveland will be the 2 top teams this season.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 07-19-17, 06:33 AM
Schmitt Schmitt is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-13-13
Posts: 524
Schmitt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynaldo2000 View Post
Yes but to take it to the next level they should be playing some top/mid level D1 schools. The league is weak with 6 patsies. The only two schools that impress me on your list are Alter and Carroll. It is the difference between being a good D2 school and a great team. Seems like they are ready to test the waters with some powers. McNick played Loveland, St. Ursula, Turpin, Anderson, Summit. You get ready for the tourney by scheduling these teams in-season. Who cares about the record?
Just looked at McNicks schedule. They play St.Ursula, MND, Mercy, McAuley, Turpin, Anderson and d3 powers Badin, Summit and CCD. Also State Champion Alter, Carroll, Fenwick and the normal GCL Coed schedule. There are typically no slouches in the league now that Purcell doesn't field a team. Thats how you get ready for the tourney.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 07-19-17, 08:20 AM
buckshooter5 buckshooter5 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-05-12
Posts: 1,448
buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
Nice that they play some D-1 teams. The D-3 POWERS....OH MY!!! Yeah.....GO MCNICK.....GO MCNICK. YAWN
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 07-19-17, 08:23 AM
Schmitt Schmitt is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-13-13
Posts: 524
Schmitt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
Nice that they play some D-1 teams. The D-3 POWERS....OH MY!!! Yeah.....GO MCNICK.....GO MCNICK. YAWN
So what D2 team plays a better schedule year in year out?
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 07-19-17, 08:38 AM
buckshooter5 buckshooter5 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-05-12
Posts: 1,448
buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
Every year we go through the same garbage. The McNick pumpers!!! Just think if Mason was D-2. We would be ALL WORLD! Every kid at National Training Camp. Love Pre-season chest pumping!
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 07-19-17, 09:00 AM
Schmitt Schmitt is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-13-13
Posts: 524
Schmitt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
Every year we go through the same garbage. The McNick pumpers!!! Just think if Mason was D-2. We would be ALL WORLD! Every kid at National Training Camp. Love Pre-season chest pumping!
Mason with 7X the girls? Yep that makes sense. Not pumping just responding to another post. I don't really care enough to even argue..Lol
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suburban league results GWF Wrestling 60 02-08-16 01:22 PM
2015 Defiance Tri-State Border War Headlock705 Wrestling 9 12-29-15 10:20 PM
Marion County Invitational... Jan 16 - 17 Chubbycoach Wrestling 102 01-18-15 09:08 PM
44th Marion Harding Wrestling Classic USMCdevil2005 Wrestling 67 01-01-15 02:25 PM
North Canton Hoover Wrestling Tournamenf Pin2Win35 Wrestling 36 12-24-14 11:58 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz