Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Moeller Crusaders

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-02-18, 08:30 AM
All District

Redskins1 is an unknown quantity at this point
That is a big loss. Three year starter, Captain, Leader and just a good kid. Best of luck in the future #4.
Old 10-02-18, 08:58 AM
Junior Varsity

BigMoeFTW is on a distinguished road
Hopefully #BigMoeNation will fill up the stands on Friday so this doesn't feel like a home game for Elder with the venue being Nippert Stadium.
Old 10-02-18, 11:18 AM
Freshman

GBM23 is on a distinguished road
Doggett will be a good replacement for Luke. Although it will be difficult to replace #4, Doggett is more than capable of at least holding the spot down, if not making the occasional play.
Old 10-03-18, 06:03 AM
Freshman

Skulls & Stars is on a distinguished road
Unfortunately next man up. Prayers for a speedy recovery for Luke. Heck of a player! I guess the motto goes on "Now what say what?!"
Old 10-03-18, 06:44 AM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Ummm....

So What Now What perhaps?
Old 10-04-18, 03:44 PM
All Ohio

LEONARD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
Ummm....

So What Now What perhaps?
you are correct
Old 10-04-18, 08:07 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengoldblinders View Post
Can I ask really quick what exactly has and is happening at the lower FROSH level?

I'm scratching my head and how and why they're getting beat so badly?

This time, it's apparent it's not a numbers or size problem?
Freshman just destroyed Elder to go undefeated in the League and earn the title of Champions!
Old 10-04-18, 08:23 PM
All American

Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Freshman just destroyed Elder to go undefeated in the League and earn the title of Champions!
Great to hear! Score? They have some serious talent and future looks bright.
Old 10-04-18, 08:31 PM
All American

40ish to 7 was what I heard from a friend that was there- not sure if they did a 5th Quarter or if the score reflects that.
Old 10-05-18, 12:03 PM
All American

Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
40ish to 7 was what I heard from a friend that was there- not sure if they did a 5th Quarter or if the score reflects that.
Did anyone get a official final score of the Frosh game. Not sure why the big secret? Itís not been posted on Moe website.
Old 10-05-18, 08:46 PM
Junior Varsity

Mercurymorris22 is on a distinguished road
GCL Champs. Well done Men of Moe!
Old 10-06-18, 09:52 AM
All American

What a night! Fantastic atmosphere and the Moe faithful showed up to cheer on the guys last night. Congrats Crusaders
Old 10-08-18, 07:47 AM
All District

Team is heading to Cleveland Friday after school. First time this has been done. Makes sense with an afternoon game but I don't think Moe's ever done this before. Hopefully the boys can duplicate what they have been doing and what they did last year against Iggy's.
Old 10-09-18, 12:49 PM
Junior Varsity

I like this move. We always seem to be flat when driving up and back same day.
Old 10-09-18, 02:50 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurymorris22 View Post
I like this move. We always seem to be flat when driving up and back same day.
agreed, its not the first time they have done it. pretty sure rodenburg did it atleast once but I could be wrong. crable did it a couple times to play up at eds. It is great, but expensive.
Old 10-10-18, 07:35 AM
Junior Varsity

Its definitely the first time in a while. My boys had to bus up and bus back gig all in one day.
Old 10-10-18, 03:11 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurymorris22 View Post
Its definitely the first time in a while. My boys had to bus up and bus back gig all in one day.
yikes. Wonder what caused them to stop meeting in columbus. We be cool if moe,iggy,X,eds,elder could make some type of agreement with one of the small Columbus colleges (capital, otterbein, OWU, ohio dominican) to meet and regularly play. They could probably get a discount if they allowed the college's admissions department to pitch their school to all the kids that these games would bring to their campus.

Also pretty sure we didn't play iggy at all during the crable era. seems as if iggy has replaced indy cathedral on the schedule.

Last edited by LEONARD; 10-10-18 at 03:22 PM.
Old 10-15-18, 03:37 PM
All Ohio

The Game
Looking at this season as a whole, I think this team, in my opinion, has exceeded expectations. Rosfeld and his staff has done a remarkable job with this team. This program was is in dire straits the past few seasons. On top of that, the star QB decides to focus only on basketball (totally understandable) in the off season. I thought it would take a little time for Rosfeld to change things and he has done it quickly. The defense the last few seasons has been atrocious. Think about the number of running clock games we were on the wrong end of the past few seasons. If there was a close game, Moeller would find a way to lose it. It seemed second half adjustments were never there. Fast forward to this year and there has been a reverse in those trends. The defense (minus last week) has been phenomenal. Whatever happens going forward, the new regime has this program going in the right direction.

The team took one on the chin Saturday. There is no other way around it. Anyone who has seen this team play knows they are offensively challenged. I think the coaching staff is going with their personnel and trying to make the best of it. It's been clear that they are going to run the ball on first, second and a lot of times on third down. They do not look comfortable throwing the ball and they are content to punt and trust the defense. The one thing I have not understood is why Verdon has not got more playing time at QB. If you are going to hang your hat on running the ball, why not have him back there running the read option giving you a legit threat for big plays. I know he's only a sophomore, but the kid is big and can run. It will be interesting to see what happens this week since he finished out the game last week. Even with him, I don't think they are going to light up the scoreboard (they are playing Ed's), but he gives them more options especially in the running game. Hopefully, the guys can put Saturday behind them and come out with a great effort this Saturday.
Old 10-16-18, 06:09 AM
All District

We need to win one of the next two to go 7-3 and stay at the #3 spot and hopefully host someone like Milford or Lebanon. If we can win the next two we end up as the #2. Question is who is the QB this week? Anyone who was at the game Saturday have any insight on Verdon? That was his first real action of the year. Let's hope Ed's is looking ahead to Iggy's and we can steal a win this weekend. GBM!
Old 10-16-18, 06:10 PM
Junior Varsity

ArnoldRothstien is on a distinguished road
My sources are Verdon has won the starting QB job. We shall see
Old 10-16-18, 10:46 PM
All Ohio

The Game
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins1 View Post
We need to win one of the next two to go 7-3 and stay at the #3 spot and hopefully host someone like Milford or Lebanon. If we can win the next two we end up as the #2. Question is who is the QB this week? Anyone who was at the game Saturday have any insight on Verdon? That was his first real action of the year. Let's hope Ed's is looking ahead to Iggy's and we can steal a win this weekend. GBM!
Offense was really struggling and they brought him in near the end of the second quarter. He sparked the offense with some good runs and dropped a perfect 30 yd touchdown pass to Khayo right over the defender. Then, they pulled him and put Mitch back in. After the pick 6 late in the third quarter, they put him back in. He led the team in rushing...45 yds..5.4 avg and passing yards in limited time. Not huge numbers but Ignatius defense is really good. His running ability and being able to use his legs when plays break down are the big difference.
Old 10-17-18, 05:13 AM
Freshman

Skulls & Stars is on a distinguished road
The Game, I agree with your assessment. Rosfeld and staff have the program in the right direction. As far as last week I dont believe the defense played that bad. Too many turnovers on a short field. The only thing that has surprised me a bit is the O-line. I thought this would be a strength with Gall & Rosfeld on board. I believe it will be a strength in the future. Let's bounce back and get two W's!
Old 10-17-18, 02:46 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulls & Stars View Post
The Game, I agree with your assessment. Rosfeld and staff have the program in the right direction. As far as last week I dont believe the defense played that bad. Too many turnovers on a short field. The only thing that has surprised me a bit is the O-line. I thought this would be a strength with Gall & Rosfeld on board. I believe it will be a strength in the future. Let's bounce back and get two W's!
#97, Merrit is playing really well. Surprised he does not have more offers. Currently an Eastern Mich. commit.