Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-17-17, 09:27 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
If Yappi had a Skype window, we could watch this -

when a few posters read this - https://www.theatlantic.com/business...utm_source=msn
Old 06-17-17, 10:20 PM
All American

EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Surprise for the author: Some of us were not born with silver spoons in our mouths. Equal opportunity; not equal outcomes.
Old 06-18-17, 08:59 AM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post
Just thought I would tell you I do not live in the burb's like you like to call them. I live in a small farm town in southern Ohio and any town of any size you must travel through farm land for 11 miles. I did grow up in the burbs west of Cleveland and found that was just two crowded for me after I got done with college. I just think it is sad that you live in a place that seems to make you uncomfortable with it's surroundings. Have a few houses for sale in the village, in fact one right beside me. Come be my neighbor you might enjoy the fresh air.
lol, thanks, I appreciate the offer. This is home. I'm sure if problems came to your community, you would push back, out of loyalty for family, friends and just familiarity with "home." Not all people give that up so easily, even when they have the means. Perhaps my day will come, but not yet.
Old 06-18-17, 09:33 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Somebody ploughed through a crowd of Muslims leaving a mosque in London tonight.

I'd expect more of this throughout Britain and Europe. People are sick of Islamic Jihad, and many are going to push back against the whole for the aggressions of the few. Euro/Muslim violence could spiral out of control very quickly into a quasi state of civil war.
Old 06-18-17, 09:57 PM
All World

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Apparently this mosque has a history of radicalization, but the media will never bring it up.
Old 06-18-17, 10:05 PM
All World

people were flying a Hezbollah Flag during a Corbyn rally. Islam is taking over England.
Old 06-18-17, 10:12 PM
All Yappi

Sad that this is the new norm. Europe has blown immigration and assimilation badly over the last couple decades, and the fallout is threatening to destabilize the entire continent.
Old 06-18-17, 10:25 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
Sad that this is the new norm. Europe has blown immigration and assimilation badly over the last couple decades, and the fallout is threatening to destabilize the entire continent.
Blame the far left for condoning or excusing this behavior. Every sane person knows Islam isn't compatible and as a group they've refused to assimilate, that's why there's Muslim ghettos in every major European country. And they don't have to be ISIS members, even just strict adherence to the Religion isn't compatible.
Old 06-18-17, 10:48 PM
All Yappi

Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Everyone should start moving to Poland. I was there in December and have never felt safer. Cheers to eastern Europe for not putting up with it.
Old 06-18-17, 11:00 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Blame the far left for condoning or excusing this behavior. Every sane person knows Islam isn't compatible and as a group they've refused to assimilate, that's why there's Muslim ghettos in every major European country. And they don't have to be ISIS members, even just strict adherence to the Religion isn't compatible.
Fundamentalist Islam by the scripture sure seems to validate the actions of Jihadists. These Neanderthals stand against virtually ever major pillar of Western society, and they get a free pass for being minorities of a different culture. Somehow being a minority group supercedes being violent/intolerant of every other favored progressive minority group.

Europe is going to be engulfed in mass civil war in the near future, pitting domestic Westerners vs. fundamentalist Muslims and unassimilated first/second generation immigrants. It's going to get ugly.
Old 06-19-17, 12:07 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig Hansen View Post
Everyone should start moving to Poland. I was there in December and have never felt safer. Cheers to eastern Europe for not putting up with it.
And to think people joke about how stupid the Pols are... Honestly, I'm not sure why any American would want to travel to Western Europe at this point, it's simply not safe.
Old 06-19-17, 01:38 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
And to think people joke about how stupid the Pols are... Honestly, I'm not sure why any American would want to travel to Western Europe at this point, it's simply not safe.
It's really not as bad as you think. Europe as a whole is still extremely safe compared to the US, however they do have problem areas like Belgium, Northern France and Paris where hordes of Muslims have started to take over the towns. But as a whole Europe is still safe; the terrorist attacks are obviously sensationalized and make the whole continent seem like it's under attack.

But this could/will change in maybe 5-10 years if the migrant problem isn't stemmed and people continue to give Islam a pass every time like they have been. Luckily people seem to have seen the light in the US.
Old 06-19-17, 02:35 AM
All World

The left was so ready to pounce on this story until they found out the killer might be an illegal immigrant with ties to a gang. Now they don't know what to think.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbsne...torres-murder/

Last edited by Descartes; 06-19-17 at 03:04 AM.
Old 06-19-17, 06:01 AM
All Region

gneiss rocks is on a distinguished road
People fail to see the real problem. The proliferation of high volume large capacity assult vehicles is out of control, especially the very dangerous white ones. They have no place in today's modern society.
Old 06-19-17, 08:36 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
people were flying a Hezbollah Flag during a Corbyn rally. Islam is taking over England.
Are the Dark Ages returning to Europe ?
Old 06-19-17, 08:55 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
It's really not as bad as you think. Europe as a whole is still extremely safe compared to the US, however they do have problem areas like Belgium, Northern France and Paris where hordes of Muslims have started to take over the towns. But as a whole Europe is still safe; the terrorist attacks are obviously sensationalized and make the whole continent seem like it's under attack.

But this could/will change in maybe 5-10 years if the migrant problem isn't stemmed and people continue to give Islam a pass every time like they have been. Luckily people seem to have seen the light in the US.
The urban centers could be lost in a way already. All it's going to take is a little time. I think you yourself have posted some of the projected birth rate stats. The lack of an Electoral College format in European nations will ruin them as the takers will take over that much faster.
Old 06-19-17, 10:52 AM
All American

Gardens35 is on a distinguished road
Some breaking news from Paris.
Old 06-19-17, 11:06 AM
Cooling Off

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Definitely. Does Europe have an issue that could get out of control if left unchecked? Absolutely.

But to say "it's simply not safe" to travel to Western Europe is dumb hyperbole. No surprise someone like pboy, who's never been outside 275, would say such a thing.
Old 06-19-17, 12:45 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
It's not safe to travel insofar as the problems are for the most part isolated to the major tourist cities like Paris, London, Brussels, Stockholm, etc.
Old 06-19-17, 01:01 PM
Cooling Off

It is still safe to travel to all those cities given the probability you'll be killed in a terrorist attack.
Old 06-19-17, 01:24 PM
All Yappi

Calling it "safe" is a bit ridiculous. It's a calculated risk, one that is significantly riskier than lesser tourist cities or off the beaten path.
Old 06-19-17, 01:51 PM
Cooling Off

Not ridiculous to call it safe. Your chances of being killed while traveling to Western Europe is next to zero with or without terrorist attacks. If you're going to live your life on the sidelines due to any perceived threat, traveling in general is probably too big a risk for you.

Maybe that will change. It very well may with how Europe is shooting its self in the foot with their refugee policy. But to call it "unsafe" to travel to Londonm Stockholm, etc. as of now is dumb. Sorry.
Old 06-19-17, 03:05 PM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is an unknown quantity at this point
I wonder what foreign tourists think about traveling to major cities here. I mean we know how dangerous it is but do they?
Old 06-19-17, 05:56 PM
All Yappi

Been in tourist spots with bullets holes in the walls.

We've had these discussions before and I've seen: these things are generally isolated. Full blown civil battles/wars and most are just going about their business. They have to, life continues. Civil battles are generally isolated, not wide spread. It's a small fraction of the population going at it.

Even Iraq hasn't shut down; Iragi and foreign tourists traveling about, people going to market, school, minding their day-to-day and that place is being bombed by someone, somewhere, frequently.

That Europe would be dangerous, is perception not reality. That's why it's called "terror." If you knew exactly at 5pm a bomb would go off at a Paris cafe frequented by tourists, you'd be any of 1000s of other cafes. Your life in a bigger danger riding a bike on any street in Ohio. splat.
Old 06-19-17, 06:03 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Not ridiculous to call it safe. Your chances of being killed while traveling to Western Europe is next to zero with or without terrorist attacks. If you're going to live your life on the sidelines due to any perceived threat, traveling in general is probably too big a risk for you.

Maybe that will change. It very well may with how Europe is shooting its self in the foot with their refugee policy. But to call it "unsafe" to travel to Londonm Stockholm, etc. as of now is dumb. Sorry.
Absolutely
Old 06-19-17, 07:13 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post

The likelihood of any harm coming to anyone outside of a warzone is practically zero, but that is a moronic gauge of "safe".

I'm not personally opposed to traveling to these cities, but it's a misrepresentation of reality to call them "safe". The reality is acts of terrorism are not the only problem in these cities: assault, sexual assault, intimidation, etc. are all on the rise and particularly in popular/tourist areas - the key.
Old 06-19-17, 08:22 PM
All Yappi

Predators will find victims, this is true. On the plus side, these terrorists are probably scaring off the pick-pocketers.

If "safe" is a bad descriptor for European cities, what would be an example of the least safe place that you would still call "safe?" I don't believe the Ft. Knox vault has accommodations.
Old 06-19-17, 09:15 PM
All World

Sykotyk is on a distinguished road
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nati...e88657792.html

Many countries issue travel alerts for the US.
Old 06-20-17, 11:25 AM
All Ohio

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
I wonder what foreign tourists think about traveling to major cities here. I mean we know how dangerous it is but do they?
In the last month I've been in 10 of the 50 largest cities in the USA. Guess I'm lucky to have survived.
Old 06-20-17, 02:47 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chs1971 View Post
In the last month I've been in 10 of the 50 largest cities in the USA. Guess I'm lucky to have survived.
He was being obviously facetious and I'm guessing by your response, you would agree that it's silly to have fear visiting Europe as a tourist as it is here. Like anyplace: know your surroundings, get and listen to good advice. Sometimes bad things happen. No guarantees. People have to judge their own insecurities.

Being in unfamiliar surroundings can be weird, hard to know on any given day how it will affect you?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: