Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #61  
Old 01-12-18, 10:54 AM
Buck_98 Buck_98 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-09-16
Location: Tir Na Nog
Posts: 717
Buck_98 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
I agree with you the President is racist.
Happy have you ever been to Haiti? Do you plan on going to Haiti if you have never been there? If you have a daughter would you let her visit there alone?
I would say no to all 3 because the country is a sh!thole not because it is predominately black. I have visited several predominately black Caribbean islands and they were delightful.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 01-12-18, 11:04 AM
Happygoluckky Happygoluckky is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-29-14
Posts: 2,383
Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck_98 View Post
Happy have you ever been to Haiti? Do you plan on going to Haiti if you have never been there? If you have a daughter would you let her visit there alone?

I would say no to all 3 because the country is a sh!thole not because it is predominately black. I have visited several predominately black Caribbean islands and they were delightful.
Hence the reason people want to migrate here. Most places where our immigrants come from pretty rough? Famine era Ireland?

Tzarist Russia?

Italy before unification?

The China that the railroad workers came from, with all the opium wars and occupations?

Post Vietnam War Vietnam?
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 01-12-18, 11:05 AM
sapientia et veritas sapientia et veritas is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-07-13
Posts: 2,089
sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4fan View Post
My family immigrated here due to the fact that in the region of Germany where they lived they could not be land owners and therefore could never accumulate wealth.

The opportunity in America was for financial and religious freedom.

Today, seems the @&%*hole countries are sending us people who long for opportunity to suck off the American teat. America's ability to lactate has been maxed out if the body is to remain healthy.
Translation: I Got Mine.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 01-12-18, 11:08 AM
Buck_98 Buck_98 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-09-16
Location: Tir Na Nog
Posts: 717
Buck_98 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
Hence the reason people want to migrate here. Most places where our immigrants come from pretty rough? Famine era Ireland?

Tzarist Russia?

Italy before unification?

The China that the railroad workers came from, with all the opium wars and occupations?

Post Vietnam War Vietnam?
How does any of that fit in with your narrative of racism?? I'm not talking about your huddled masses. I'm talking about you claiming racism. Don't flip the script to avoid the question.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 01-12-18, 11:11 AM
sapientia et veritas sapientia et veritas is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-07-13
Posts: 2,089
sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
65 posts in. Sociological research indicates that an Irish Need Not Apply sign will be posted sometime in the next 10 responses.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 01-12-18, 11:41 AM
fish82 fish82 is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-16-05
Location: Secure
Posts: 12,841
fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Speaking of Sociologists:



A somewhat interesting take.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 01-12-18, 11:50 AM
MoeDude's Avatar
MoeDude MoeDude is offline
Save water....drink beer!
 
Join Date: 08-06-01
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Posts: 28,718
MoeDude is on a distinguished road
Ever since Obama freed blacks from their closet, anytime something is said that can be construed as a negative toward people of color then you are a racist. God forbid it may be a remark due to economic conditions or a countries' lack of development.

Trump is right, why are we taking in so many immigrants from these 'sh**hole" countries while making it difficult for people with an education and ability to support themselves. I work with a gentleman from India who has been having a very difficult time getting his citizenship. He's been working on it for over 6 years and deserves to be a citizen. But then we open the door wide for low qualified barely educated people from the "sh**hole" countries. It's not being a racist. It's using common sense to see the stupidity in our immigration policies.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 01-12-18, 11:54 AM
MoeDude's Avatar
MoeDude MoeDude is offline
Save water....drink beer!
 
Join Date: 08-06-01
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Posts: 28,718
MoeDude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
Hence the reason people want to migrate here. Most places where our immigrants come from pretty rough? Famine era Ireland?

Tzarist Russia?

Italy before unification?

The China that the railroad workers came from, with all the opium wars and occupations?

Post Vietnam War Vietnam?
And in all those cases you had people who brought a skill or talent with them and weren't looking to leach off the US Government.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 01-12-18, 11:56 AM
chs1971 chs1971 is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 07-30-16
Posts: 3,287
chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapientia et veritas View Post
Translation: I Got Mine.
Kind of like you brother's illegal activities.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 01-12-18, 11:57 AM
chs1971 chs1971 is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 07-30-16
Posts: 3,287
chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
Hence the reason people want to migrate here. Most places where our immigrants come from pretty rough? Famine era Ireland?

Tzarist Russia?

Italy before unification?

The China that the railroad workers came from, with all the opium wars and occupations?

Post Vietnam War Vietnam?
What's your point?
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 01-12-18, 12:01 PM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 3,185
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
The only reason Trump mentioned Norway was that the Norwegian PM was visiting. And yes there are high skilled Norwegians who want to come to the USA and I bet it would take them years and thousands of dollars for the privilege.

Trump is in negotiations to overhaul our broken immigration system. I suspect he became very frustrated as progress in the meeting was constantly being derailed by democrats trying to protect SPECIAL programs to give folks from Haiti, El Salvador and other places priority admission to the US. How come NO ONE asks the simple question of WHY do people from these places deserve privileged admission to the US?
also lets not forget Sen. Flake( REP/DEMOCRAT) Graham(REP) and the other republican......not sure what side of the aisle these boys are on....my understanding is that they were upset when Cotton and the other Republicans were also involved in the meeting......
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 01-12-18, 12:02 PM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 8,995
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chs1971 View Post
What's your point?
Isn't it obvious? This means Trump is a racist! Duh!

At least in Happy's world.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 01-12-18, 12:20 PM
Buck_98 Buck_98 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-09-16
Location: Tir Na Nog
Posts: 717
Buck_98 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chs1971 View Post
What's your point?
He has no point. He was dodging the racism question.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 01-12-18, 12:28 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,520
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
Hence the reason people want to migrate here. Most places where our immigrants come from pretty rough? Famine era Ireland?

Tzarist Russia?

Italy before unification?

The China that the railroad workers came from, with all the opium wars and occupations?

Post Vietnam War Vietnam?
Nice list.

All of those people went through the proper immigration channels. Many were denied entry.

Only an idiot 21st century Dem would would want to just empty s***hole countries en masse unvetted for employability to recreate Tammany Hall rubber-stamp voting.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 01-12-18, 12:31 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,520
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapientia et veritas View Post
Translation: I Got Mine.
Timing is everything. It's always been that way.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 01-12-18, 12:33 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,520
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
Speaking of Sociologists:



A somewhat interesting take.
He's right.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 01-12-18, 12:37 PM
Yappi Yappi is offline
Go Buckeyes
 
Join Date: 04-15-01
Location: Ohio
Posts: 51,933
Yappi will become famous soon enough
Unfortunately, this is a firestorm created by the words that he used and the enormous amount of hatred that his political opponents have towards him. They are looking for anything to attack him with. In our politically correct environment, this is one of those easy topics to attack the President with while a large majority will quietly agree with him.

If he had used the same terminology for Russia or North Korea, most would have accepted it. If he had used it for the Middle East, this would be a discussion about religion.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 01-12-18, 12:43 PM
chs1971 chs1971 is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 07-30-16
Posts: 3,287
chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
Hence the reason people want to migrate here. Most places where our immigrants come from pretty rough? Famine era Ireland?

Tzarist Russia?

Italy before unification?

The China that the railroad workers came from, with all the opium wars and occupations?

Post Vietnam War Vietnam?
Your examples only illustrate how little you know.

Some people came from these countries to work and then returned home.

Some people left these countries because of specific religious or political oppression, not because the country as a whole could be compared to a failed state.

In any case, none of this means that we have to provide a safe haven for every poor person in the world that want to move here.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 01-12-18, 12:45 PM
SWMCinci SWMCinci is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-20-07
Location: Outside of Ohio..... Now
Posts: 17,936
SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
I am pointing out that Donald Trump is a racist!!!
What has he said that illustrates this?
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 01-12-18, 12:45 PM
BlueJayFan BlueJayFan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-23-14
Posts: 5,169
BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeDude View Post
Ever since Obama freed blacks from their closet, anytime something is said that can be construed as a negative toward people of color then you are a racist. God forbid it may be a remark due to economic conditions or a countries' lack of development.

Trump is right, why are we taking in so many immigrants from these 'sh**hole" countries while making it difficult for people with an education and ability to support themselves. I work with a gentleman from India who has been having a very difficult time getting his citizenship. He's been working on it for over 6 years and deserves to be a citizen. But then we open the door wide for low qualified barely educated people from the "sh**hole" countries. It's not being a racist. It's using common sense to see the stupidity in our immigration policies.
Jesus ****ing Christ you aren't even trying to hide it anymore
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 01-12-18, 12:47 PM
SWMCinci SWMCinci is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-20-07
Location: Outside of Ohio..... Now
Posts: 17,936
SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
There is a pattern....WHITE good...BROWN bad.
He's said Russians are bad actors...... they're white. He's said NK and Chinese are bad actors, they're Asian. He has said Saudi's are okay, they're brown. Fundamentally, you are wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 01-12-18, 12:49 PM
SWMCinci SWMCinci is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-20-07
Location: Outside of Ohio..... Now
Posts: 17,936
SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
Dumb. Ignorant. Straight up racist.
Yes, you are all of those things. But we let you post anyway......
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 01-12-18, 12:52 PM
SWMCinci SWMCinci is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-20-07
Location: Outside of Ohio..... Now
Posts: 17,936
SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me.
I lift my lamp beside the golden door."
When we were a few million people with huge tracts of unsettled and uncivilized wilderness, a growing and limitless industrial engine (through the early part of the 20th century), that was correct. We've got 50 million people taking from other citizens. Why not put them to work and living on their own before we open the borders wide?

We are a sovereign nation, WE get to decide who we let in and how many to let in, not other countries, and not pundits.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 01-12-18, 01:00 PM
SWMCinci SWMCinci is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-20-07
Location: Outside of Ohio..... Now
Posts: 17,936
SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
The body of evidence is huge. Judges, military parents, protesters, professional athletes, immigration, a wall on one border and not the other, Puero Rican response living in huts, aids, and now we want people from Norway and not holes like africa and Haiti, throw in the nice nazis, support for a pedofile with a history of racist views...it is a large body of racist evidence. He is moving away from a merit based immigration policy to one based on color/nationality.

Maybe his mental sharpness and age is a factor in his judgement (lots of us have seen our grand parents make off color comments) There is not really any way to sugar coat it...he is racist. PERIOD.
Not every judge is worthy, not every military parent measures up, most protestors are idiots, most professional athletes aren't worthy enough to carry Tim Tebow's jockstrap (that's why Jalen Hurts is particularly notable), our immigration laws are idiotic and were written for a time long past - we should NOT allow someone born here illegally to claim birthright citizenship, we SHOULD arrest and prosecute the illegals, their employers, and people that offer them sanctuary. Your own ignorance is you think that a merit-based immigration system is actually based on race is laughable.

I do think he has an unfiltered view of what's right and wrong and how things work and that's refreshing. It would be great if we elected more people that aren't afraid to speak out and offer real opinions.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 01-12-18, 01:03 PM
SWMCinci SWMCinci is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-20-07
Location: Outside of Ohio..... Now
Posts: 17,936
SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapientia et veritas View Post
Translation: I Got Mine.
No, I think most people would say, time to end welfare. Shut it off, if you work you get to eat, if not, go find someplace that wants you or find private individuals that will take care of you. If you want to come to this country, learn english, work your off, welcome. If you think you are going to come here and make America into the hole you came from, go look elsewhere.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 01-12-18, 01:14 PM
beeman beeman is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 06-29-11
Posts: 454
beeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
Unfortunately, this is a firestorm created by the words that he used and the enormous amount of hatred that his political opponents have towards him. They are looking for anything to attack him with. In our politically correct environment, this is one of those easy topics to attack the President with while a large majority will quietly agree with him.

If he had used the same terminology for Russia or North Korea, most would have accepted it. If he had used it for the Middle East, this would be a discussion about religion.
Or we can say, If Obama or any one of the Clintons used this terminology those on here backing Trump would be freaking out right now.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 01-12-18, 01:18 PM
Username1 Username1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-13-17
Posts: 2,431
Username1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeman View Post
Or we can say, If Obama or any one of the Clintons used this terminology those on here backing Trump would be freaking out right now.
No. Conservatives aren't like liberals.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 01-12-18, 01:26 PM
Gulliotine Gulliotine is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 02-26-08
Posts: 2,646
Gulliotine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeman View Post
Or we can say, If Obama or any one of the Clintons used this terminology those on here backing Trump would be freaking out right now.
I would be freaking out.

That would mark the first time either of them actually made sense.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 01-12-18, 01:29 PM
Paladin1aa Paladin1aa is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-16-06
Location: Mahoning Valley
Posts: 1,126
Paladin1aa is on a distinguished road
Jesus H. Christ. I wandered into a KKK meeting. Pardon me, I'll leave so the Grand Wizzard can continue ...........
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 01-12-18, 01:32 PM
BlueJayFan BlueJayFan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-23-14
Posts: 5,169
BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1aa View Post
Jesus H. Christ. I wandered into a KKK meeting. Pardon me, I'll leave so the Grand Wizzard can continue ...........
Welcome to the Debate Forum!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FBI investigating ties between Russia and Trump Campaign BlueJayFan Debate Forum 4767 10-23-18 04:21 PM
What's going on in the world ronnie mund Debate Forum 9081 10-23-18 01:05 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz