Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-12-18, 05:41 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
I think it's a bad hire.

These Packers guys have surrounded Aaron Rodgers with pretty weak talent for years
Hmmm. Well, everyone has one.

Here's some detail of the KC scouts Dorsey has brought in to support Wolf and Highsmith in Cleveland- https://www.ohio.com/akron/sports/br...eneral-manager
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-18, 08:00 AM
All World

joesports is on a distinguished road
I find it interesting that the Browns are hiring offensive assistant coaches before an OC ... to me this just proves the OC position is going to be a sham... HUEbris is still going to run the offense.
Old 01-13-18, 10:02 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
I find it interesting that the Browns are hiring offensive assistant coaches before an OC ... to me this just proves the OC position is going to be a sham... HUEbris is still going to run the offense.
Zampese hired as QB coach was likely Hue's choice as OC, and I'm guessing Dorsey knocked him down to QB coach.

Dorsey appears to be making his influence on these hires. There may be a struggle being mediated by daddy-Haslam. If Hue does not perform, his time to struggle is probably going to be short and the transition will likely be swift - probably to the new OC.

Sean Ryan as OC came up awhile ago, and looks like it's Dorsey-led. Hue probably realizes that this accomplished 45-yr old will step in as interim HC if he screws up. Hue is going to be left to succeed as a figurehead HC in '18 with less influence than he had and misused in '17. He can't be happy.

I believe Haslam would have put Sashi in a similar position by bringing in Dorsey as GM to have the last word in personnel, and Sashi forced his own termination because he didn't get the dual title. Hue is hanging on because at his age, he won't get another crack at the top job. He's in an unenviable position, created in large part by Sashi's poor roster choices and untimely injuries.

Once the stupid Cleveland sports media abandoned the "HC must have 3 years to prove himself after a total tear-down" narrative that this post-Farmer era started with and began beating the drum for "Hue HAS to be coaching for his life NOW, right?!?" BS, Hue's play-calling became more and more desperate and game decisions more foolish. The pressure of having his replacement in the fold is going to cause him to self-destruct if he doesn't engage in some self-reassessment and acceptance of a new paradigm very soon.

Much conjecture on my part, though. Sure looks like more potential dysfunction.....
Old 01-13-18, 10:24 AM
All World

tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Fedor's mock draft:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde..._most-comments
Old 01-13-18, 10:26 AM
All World

If you are going to hire a real OC ... wouldn't you give him some input on the offensive coaches? ... much like they did with Williams & the defense.

If they were going to hire Ryan ... they would have done it by now ... they must be waiting for someone still in the playoffs ... DeFilippo? ... and Ryan is the backup plan.

Third, I don't disagree with what you said ... about clHUEless being on the hot seat ... I just hope it is DeFlippo as the heir replacement.

Finally, I hope are you starting to understand how this whole thing works? ... you give your opinion ... you don't have to have proof ... asking for proof is pointless.
Old 01-13-18, 12:08 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
Haven't looked yet, but Fedor is typically plain awful about anything but the NBA.

I'll never forget his wailing and moaning about the Browns not outbidding Dan Snyder for the rights to draft RGIII. He bemoaned this "FAILURE!!!!!" for weeks on the radio. I don't think he's improved his credibility on things NFL in the least since then.

Aside from the NBA stuff, his greatest value appears to be as a whipping boy for other sports radio personalities and as a click-whore/Twitter-twit.
Old 01-13-18, 12:10 PM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
I agree that Dorsey is pushing for an OC that he believes would be an ideal HC in the event the plug must be pulled on Hue.
Old 01-13-18, 01:17 PM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Zampese hired as QB coach was likely Hue's choice as OC, and I'm guessing Dorsey knocked him down to QB coach.
Hue's not that dumb.
Old 01-13-18, 01:33 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
Hue's not that dumb.
You don't think Hue believes he could "run" him, and also would desire to do so ? I sure do.

Last edited by cabezadecaballo; 01-13-18 at 01:44 PM..
Old 01-13-18, 01:43 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
I agree that Dorsey is pushing for an OC that he believes would be an ideal HC in the event the plug must be pulled on Hue.
Wouldn't you ? I would. Haslam should be thinking that way as well.

I think that, unofficially, Hue has been demoted to "Interim Head Coach" for the beginning of his 3rd year as Head Coach.

Haslam is trying to have his cake and eat it, too. He wants to kill the "He blows it up at least every 2 years" narrative, he wants to have been right about the hire (his first HC that was his first choice), and he sees the need for continuity. All the same media a-holes that started the "Hue must win NOW" garbage this year would be the first to keep it going if he had canned Hue.

No one wants to keep losing, though.

I personally think his best chance for survival is as figurehead/spokesman HC. If his ego makes him squeeze too hard in trying to maintain full control or continue pushing a panic-driven desperate offensive agenda, his remaining time is short.
Old 01-13-18, 03:13 PM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
He just has to coach up the players they get him,same as the last two years but hopefully more talent.Plus he has to Win soon or BAM!...he is history.
Old 01-13-18, 03:46 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
If you are going to hire a real OC ... wouldn't you give him some input on the offensive coaches? ... much like they did with Williams & the defense.

If they were going to hire Ryan ... they would have done it by now ... they must be waiting for someone still in the playoffs ... DeFilippo? ... and Ryan is the backup plan.

Third, I don't disagree with what you said ... about clHUEless being on the hot seat ... I just hope it is DeFlippo as the heir replacement.

Finally, I hope are you starting to understand how this whole thing works? ... you give your opinion ...
you don't have to have proof ... asking for proof is pointless.
Myself, I qualify such statements with words and phrases that clearly identify opinions as such. Always have in here.

If I have an opinion about what could be suspected as personal short-comings or personality flaws of a college kid, and I can't cite a credible source of a respected talent evaluator, I would not be so pompous, inflated, and self-important as to phrase such opinions as if they were gospel. Only a fool would do that.

Please make a note of this.

Last edited by cabezadecaballo; 01-13-18 at 04:52 PM..
Old 01-13-18, 07:29 PM
All World

I was wrong ... you don't get it ... First off it was my opinion ... I formed the opinion by watching him play ... something you might want to try ... just like you didn't need a source to see that Johnny was an A-Hole ... but since you asked:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...las-josh-rosen

thebiglead.com/2017/05/04/nfl-scout-and-executive-on-josh-rosen-tons-of-issues-and-a-mess-off-the-field/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...BHocyO?ffid=gz

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...BHocyO?ffid=gz

you act like I was just making the stuff up (just like the Huey stuff)... it was/is a common perception ... that looked like it had credibility after watching him play. I am sorry that I make up my own mind and don't just trust the Mel Kiper and Todd McShay's of the world ... like you.

Finally, who has be called a clown by numerous people on this board ... that would be you ... I really don't mind your opinions (at least you do have opinions, unlike some of the trolls) ... I just don't understand why you feel the need to put in smart aleck or condescending comments with them ... and yes I know you will come back with some more, because that is who you are ... I believe people would listen to you more if you stopped with the snide remarks.
Old 01-13-18, 10:14 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Wait a minute. The Eagles just won a playoff game, vs the defending NFC champs no less, without their Pro Bowl QB. How could this be? According to my fellow Browns fans QB is the only position which matters. The rest of the roster is irrelevant.
Old 01-14-18, 12:42 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
Wait a minute. The Eagles just won a playoff game, vs the defending NFC champs no less, without their Pro Bowl QB. How could this be? According to my fellow Browns fans QB is the only position which matters. The rest of the roster is irrelevant.
... and just who was the STUD RB that led the 1st seated Eagles to this great 15-10 victory over the 6th seated Falcons ... was it the top pick in the draft ,.. no wait it was a 5th round pick Jay Ajayi ... your right, it sure proves that the Browns should draft Barkley.
Old 01-14-18, 07:04 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
... and just who was the STUD RB that led the 1st seated Eagles to this great 15-10 victory over the 6th seated Falcons ... was it the top pick in the draft ,.. no wait it was a 5th round pick Jay Ajayi ... your right, it sure proves that the Browns should draft Barkley.
I wouldn't minimize the impact of Blount, either. Romo called him a "closer", and he is still effective when used that way. Undrafted originally, I think. Working on an incentivized contract now, picked up off the scrap heap. No draft capital expended, just cap space and not much of it. Barkley's likely draft position is going to command a signing bonus and thus some cap space that limits potential FA signings.

The Eagles picked up Ajayi's contract (his rookie contract through 2019) from Miami for their '18 4th round pick.
Old 01-14-18, 07:36 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I was wrong ... you don't get it ... First off it was my opinion ... I formed the opinion by watching him play ... something you might want to try ... just like you didn't need a source to see that Johnny was an A-Hole ... but since you asked:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...las-josh-rosen
First "proof"^, 16 months old, containing an unsourced and unsubstantiated rumor alluding to your concerns - but also referring to two players that tell the LA Times they aren't true. From your article, that you evidently should have read weeks ago -

Here's a quote from your first link, that you pretend supports the idea of passing on Rosen for character issues -

".....In other words, it's a little early for labels.

By the time Rosen plants himself in the hot seat of an interview with an NFL club, whenever that time comes, his maturity level in his first year of college could be more of an afterthought than a central topic......"

You're off to a great start! Keep putting me in my place, big guy!!

This one compares him to Mahommes before LAST YEAR'S draft. Two for two!

Quote:
Ms. Kristen Pozmanter (who?) wrote this article after I called you out for your original posts about Rosen. Nice try. I'd go 50/50 that she, like yourself, forms opinions by reading headlines only

Quote:
Uh......this link is the same msn sports-chick's article from above. Was there an actual 4th article that made sense to link with your post ? Fourth time's a charm ?

Quote:
you act like I was just making the stuff up (just like the Huey stuff)... it was/is a common perception ... that looked like it had credibility after watching him play. I am sorry that I make up my own mind and don't just trust the Mel Kiper and Todd McShay's of the world ... like you.

Finally, who has be called a clown by numerous people on this board ... that would be you ... I really don't mind your opinions (at least you do have opinions, unlike some of the trolls) ... I just don't understand why you feel the need to put in smart aleck or condescending comments with them ... and yes I know you will come back with some more, because that is who you are ... I believe people would listen to you more if you stopped with the snide remarks.
All sorts of people moan, cry, call people a clown....whatever..... when their feelings get hurt. Boo hoo.

You've posted some profoundly stupid things, you've acted as if your conjecture should be acted upon as if it was fact, I've called BS on you, and you've blubbered and cried about it.

I later respond with respect days later to some other respectable posts that you happen to make, since every day is a new day and that's how I operate, and you make some condescending little quip about how things work.

Just because I don't hold grudges doesn't mean I don't have a memory. And NOW you're going to gloat ? Really ?

You're comical. Really.
Old 01-14-18, 07:47 AM
All Yappi

Read the articles before you cite them in support of an opinion. Please make a note of this.

That's how this message board stuff works..........when it works properly
Old 01-14-18, 11:45 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
uhhhh, well.....

https://247sports.com/Bolt/Nick-Fole...cons-113683060

Go chase yourself!!
Old 01-14-18, 12:06 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
I see that he's actually playing with a predictor program. He does comment a little. I thought the Browns had 2 third-rounders, though.

Can't see Mayfield over Darnold. Can see Darnold over Rosen. I'd play it up like I was taking Rosen or Barkley in hopes NYG would swap the 2 and a bonus for the 1. Or maybe the Dolts want Barkley and will trade up, and we can count on the NYG taking Rosen ? Then we have 3 and 4, still get Darnold and Fitz + a bonus from one of them ?

Don't like the USC RB with the 4th pick of the 2nd round. Hard to believe that Michel, Kerryon, Damien Harris, and LJ Scott will all be gone. Giuce and Barkley - sure.
Old 01-14-18, 01:58 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Weirdo looks stupid re: Fournette right now.
Old 01-14-18, 03:52 PM
All Yappi

Steelers have given up an average of 120 yds/game over the last 3, and one of those was Cleveland. They haven't looked right since Shazier went out, really.

You fail, again
Old 01-14-18, 03:56 PM
All Yappi

Kinda hoping Bortles performance today forces the Jags to keep him. I still like Cousins to the Browns, or Alex Smith, and the less teams that need a new QB, the better.
Old 01-14-18, 03:58 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Steelers have given up an average of 120 yds/game over the last 3, and one of those was Cleveland. They haven't looked right since Shazier went out, really.

You fail, again
Lol. 3 TDs, 100 yds. Jags to the title game after finishing 3-13 the previous year. Okay.
Old 01-14-18, 04:06 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Lol. 3 TDs, 100 yds. Jags to the title game after finishing 3-13 the previous year. Okay.
Fournette has clearly made the Jags a much better offense, but Marrone working with Bortles has helped too. And their D is nasty. It’s all working nicely for them. Their schedule was fairly weak, and they might slip back a little next year against a tougher schedule, but their D will keep them relevant. And Marrone is a good coach. Just rolls with basic schemes and makes it work.

All that said, the Browns need a QB and a RB. Not so sure Barkley can be another Fournette.
Old 01-14-18, 04:10 PM
All Yappi

I’m not advocating drafting Barkley. Don’t really care who the Browns draft. Just pointing out weirdo was wrong about Fournette.
Old 01-14-18, 04:11 PM
All Yappi

Heck, the Steelers might be looking for a new coach after that moronic decision by Tomlin to onside. Maybe the Steelers would take Hue?
Old 01-14-18, 04:13 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Iím not advocating drafting Barkley. Donít really care who the Browns draft. Just pointing out weirdo was wrong about Fournette.
I wouldnít criticize the Browns if they take Barkley, because he has an amazing skill-set, but if they take him he has to be lights out to justify a pick that high, as Fournette has been.
Old 01-14-18, 04:15 PM
All World

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Doesn't every player have to be lights out to justify a #1 overall pick?
Old 01-14-18, 04:18 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Doesn't every player have to be lights out to justify a #1 overall pick?
Yep. Even if he would be the #4 pick. Good RBís can be had later, so taking one so high would come with expectations of domination.