Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #271  
Old 12-02-16, 03:11 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,080
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingdad3 View Post
And where did Chris Oats and Maurice Chapman come from? I know where and it isn't Forest Park.
I don't care where any kids go to school or where they came from. It's the family choice. My comment was in reference to why everyone is up in arms and what is truely bothering the haters. For every kid that decides to attend Winton Woods is another kid that lives in the district (Forest Park, Greenhills and Springfield Township) that decides to go somewhere else. It makes me no difference and the people complaining about LaSalle's best players being plucked out of publics sound like haters.
Reply With Quote
  #272  
Old 12-02-16, 03:13 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,080
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMantle View Post
Who cares? His parents made the decision to send him somewhere else. I'm not sure why that's anybody's business aside from his and his family's.

So why does that qualify as an elephant in the room?
I agree. I don't know why anybody cares but obviously they do. It just sounds like a reason to attempt to make LaSalle look bad.
Reply With Quote
  #273  
Old 12-02-16, 03:39 PM
CJSS CJSS is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-11-14
Posts: 180
CJSS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
I do not want to speak for Don, but believe it is because we are told "nearly all" and "the vast majority" of players on the team are from LaSalle feeder schools. If so, it is great and would go a long way towards eliminating the negative stereotyping that LaSalle cherry picks public school talent for athletic purposes. This is why I asked the grade schools of...

Jarell White
Tresean Smith- Winton Woods
Christian Turner
Cam Porter
Cam Porter's father is a coach at LaSalle, kinda like Peyton Ramsey's father. Now if he attended a feeder school I'm honestly not sure.
Reply With Quote
  #274  
Old 12-02-16, 03:42 PM
Pope Francis 1 Pope Francis 1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-30-16
Location: Vatican City
Posts: 1,298
Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Veer View Post
Maybe you should take your own advice when you make a bad predictions instead of editing them Pope

Pretty hard to call out someone's own disappointment with a game regarding their own school, especially when you canNOT even man up with your predictions. LOL WAF joke. Weak and cowardly are the men that cannot admit when they are wrong.

Good season to Perry. Solid game. Perry67 is giving credit where its due. hats off to him for his support of the game. His team. Congrats to LaSalle on the 3 Peat.
First off, my picks are infallible, so I don't need to edit my picks... unless they're wrong.

Next, we've got a basket of deplorables crying after the game about the refs, LaSalle recruiting, LaSalle couldn't win D1, etc.... Nothing but crybabies! Just shut up, take your @$$ whipping, and go home. Again, I fully understand most of these deplorable crybabies come from Cleveland, which may explain things.
However, in the future, just suck on your pacifiers and cry yourselves to sleep. No need to bother the rest of us who are laughing so hard it hurts!
Reply With Quote
  #275  
Old 12-02-16, 03:55 PM
Pope Francis 1 Pope Francis 1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-30-16
Location: Vatican City
Posts: 1,298
Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
And one more thing, having watched LaSalle play Perry and X play Iggys, I've concluded that it's against the law for women in Northeast Ohio to use a treadmill. In fact I overheard a group of X moms planning to sit next to the Iggy moms tonight....just to look thinner!
Reply With Quote
  #276  
Old 12-02-16, 04:12 PM
The Veer The Veer is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-18-15
Location: Stark County
Posts: 675
The Veer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Francis 1 View Post
And one more thing, having watched LaSalle play Perry and X play Iggys, I've concluded that it's against the law for women in Northeast Ohio to use a treadmill. In fact I overheard a group of X moms planning to sit next to the Iggy moms tonight....just to look thinner!
I didnt know your husband was an St X Mom? (ohhh wait that was a women you were with) Damn sorry

The most self-conscious handicapper is always right LMAO Hahahaha
Reply With Quote
  #277  
Old 12-02-16, 04:19 PM
Pope Francis 1 Pope Francis 1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-30-16
Location: Vatican City
Posts: 1,298
Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=The Veer;6642854]I didnt know your husband was an St X....

*correction, should be......was a St X.....it's not that difficult!

Last edited by Pope Francis 1; 12-02-16 at 06:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #278  
Old 12-02-16, 04:34 PM
CJSS CJSS is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-11-14
Posts: 180
CJSS is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Pope Francis 1;6642870]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Veer View Post
I didnt know your husband was an St X....

*correction, should be......was a St X.....
Poor guy has never seen a real woman before I take it? What the heck do they have on stage Thursday nights at the Moose Lodge in Stark County? Next time Veer slides through Cincy, you can treat him to a night on the town. Get him set up real nice, we got them Price Hill girls! Even have a YouTube video to prove it! Make him feel right at home!
Reply With Quote
  #279  
Old 12-02-16, 04:41 PM
78panther 78panther is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-24-11
Posts: 167
78panther is on a distinguished road
i would figure Newport or Covington, as per Jerry pay by check

Poor guy has never seen a real woman before I take it? What the heck do they have on stage Thursday nights at the Moose Lodge in Stark County? Next time Veer slides through Cincy, you can treat him to a night on the town. Get him set up real nice, we got them Price Hill girls! Even have a YouTube video to prove it! Make him feel right at home!
Reply With Quote
  #280  
Old 12-02-16, 04:41 PM
wrestlingdad3 wrestlingdad3 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 01-07-15
Posts: 222
wrestlingdad3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
I do not want to speak for Don, but believe it is because we are told "nearly all" and "the vast majority" of players on the team are from LaSalle feeder schools. If so, it is great and would go a long way towards eliminating the negative stereotyping that LaSalle cherry picks public school talent for athletic purposes. This is why I asked the grade schools of...

Jarell White
Tresean Smith- Winton Woods
Christian Turner
Cam Porter
Here comes Elder jealousy. How we forget the Reading pipeline in football and wrestling. Give it a rest, both schools get plenty of good athletes that are not from a feeder parish. If you would like me to give names I can but who the heck cares where they are from. The kids chose the school end of story. Don't act butt hurt because Lasalle is currently having some success. All GCL South schools being competitive is a good thing. Heck I never thought I would say it but........Go St. X!
Reply With Quote
  #281  
Old 12-02-16, 04:51 PM
PURPLE REIGN PURPLE REIGN is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-17-01
Posts: 5,337
PURPLE REIGN
Several posters indicated LaSalle was getting "nearly all" its players from LaSalle feeder schools. I told them if this was true, what a great opportunity to dispel the myth that LaSalle is recruiting public school talent. When asked where the best players went to grade school, I was told Winton Woods and Princeton
Reply With Quote
  #282  
Old 12-02-16, 04:52 PM
CJSS CJSS is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-11-14
Posts: 180
CJSS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78panther View Post
i would figure Newport or Covington, as per Jerry pay by check

Poor guy has never seen a real woman before I take it? What the heck do they have on stage Thursday nights at the Moose Lodge in Stark County? Next time Veer slides through Cincy, you can treat him to a night on the town. Get him set up real nice, we got them Price Hill girls! Even have a YouTube video to prove it! Make him feel right at home!
You make a darn good point, if it's good enough for Springer by hell its good enough for the Veer! Just have to save some time after so the Pope can forgive those sins and check him for the gift that keeps on giving!!
Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old 12-02-16, 04:59 PM
Lancers Lancers is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 07-02-16
Posts: 18
Lancers is on a distinguished road
Honestly, my original post that stated the vast majority of La Salle's athletes are from designated feeder schools was to dispel the notion that the Lancers are inevitably slated for Division 1 next year. If most of their athletes are not subject to a multiplier, they will not be bumped up. I don't claim to know the intricacies of the competitive balance formula, but from what I have read about it on the OHSAA website, I am not certain it will impact La Salle to the extent others are claiming. To answer your question, I do not know what grade school the players you asked about came from. I am basing my assessment strictly on anecdotal evidence, I have several nephews that attend La Salle and participate in a variety of sports. Most of the kids on their teams are the same ones they played with and against in CYO. I believe someone provided you with "hard" statistics about the percentage of La Salle's student body that is from parochial schools.
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old 12-02-16, 05:08 PM
Lancers Lancers is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 07-02-16
Posts: 18
Lancers is on a distinguished road
I will also add that when I attended La Salle in the mid-90s, I played with a fellow by the name of Wiz White. Anyone guess where he went to Junior High?
Princeton. Is it possible that Jarell is also a Lancer legacy?
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old 12-02-16, 08:31 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,080
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancers View Post
I will also add that when I attended La Salle in the mid-90s, I played with a fellow by the name of Wiz White. Anyone guess where he went to Junior High?
Princeton. Is it possible that Jarell is also a Lancer legacy?
Wiz White left LaSalle for Winton Woods back in the day.
Reply With Quote
  #286  
Old 12-02-16, 08:40 PM
Termite2 Termite2 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-11-03
Location: North Sycamore Twp
Posts: 14,385
Termite2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancers View Post
Honestly, my original post that stated the vast majority of La Salle's athletes are from designated feeder schools was to dispel the notion that the Lancers are inevitably slated for Division 1 next year. If most of their athletes are not subject to a multiplier, they will not be bumped up. I don't claim to know the intricacies of the competitive balance formula, but from what I have read about it on the OHSAA website, I am not certain it will impact La Salle to the extent others are claiming. To answer your question, I do not know what grade school the players you asked about came from. I am basing my assessment strictly on anecdotal evidence, I have several nephews that attend La Salle and participate in a variety of sports. Most of the kids on their teams are the same ones they played with and against in CYO. I believe someone provided you with "hard" statistics about the percentage of La Salle's student body that is from parochial schools.
Which school has LaSalle picked as their feeder, any other players will be subject to a modifier.
I would be surprised if LaSalle is not D1 under the new rules.
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Old 12-02-16, 09:36 PM
Lancers Lancers is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 07-02-16
Posts: 18
Lancers is on a distinguished road
Wiz did transfer to Winton Woods for his senior year (I was in college by then.) Good player. I looked at the information provided on the OHSAA website about competitive balance. I tried to copy and paste it, but for some reason it would't work. It says that non-publics can designate more than one school as a feeder as long as they are within the same public school district. If this is accurate I would venture to guess that La Salle will not be bumped up based on competitive balance as St. James, St. I's, St. John's etc. are all within Northwest Local School District. If this is not accurate, they either have not updated it on OHSAA's website, or I am seriously misreading what they have. In reality, that is the only thing that would make any sense. If a Private high school has to pick one Catholic Elementary as a feeder, you're talking like 50-100 boys max.
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old 12-02-16, 10:29 PM
Lancers Lancers is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 07-02-16
Posts: 18
Lancers is on a distinguished road
Feeder Schools, for the purposes of Competitive Balance, are the non-public school or schools (parishes
for parochial schools; schools from the same system of education for other private schools) located
within a designated or chosen public school district attendance zone. A high school can have multiple
feeder schools so long as they are located within the same public school district attendance zone, and a
school(s) can serve as feeder schools for more than one high school simultaneously. If a non-public
member high school fails to choose a school district/attendance zone for its feeder school(s), the public
school attendance zone in which the non-public school is physically located will be assigned as that
school’s selected attendance zone.
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old 12-02-16, 10:30 PM
Lancers Lancers is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 07-02-16
Posts: 18
Lancers is on a distinguished road
That is the exact language from the OHSAA website. Looks to me like any Catholic Elementary within Northwest Local School District will be considered a La Salle feeder.
Reply With Quote
  #290  
Old 12-02-16, 11:36 PM
MickeyMantle MickeyMantle is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-13-09
Location: Cushy state job
Posts: 16,013
MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
I do not want to speak for Don, but believe it is because we are told "nearly all" and "the vast majority" of players on the team are from LaSalle feeder schools. If so, it is great and would go a long way towards eliminating the negative stereotyping that LaSalle cherry picks public school talent for athletic purposes. This is why I asked the grade schools of...

Jarell White
Tresean Smith- Winton Woods
Christian Turner
Cam Porter
I have no idea where those lads went to grade school. Each of them could have gone to eighth grade on Mars and the four of them wouldn't alter the fact that the vast majority of La salle's players come from traditional feeder schools. Speaking of cherry-picking, you're cherry-picking between two different arguments.
Reply With Quote
  #291  
Old 12-03-16, 12:20 AM
Thomas Paine Thomas Paine is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-13-14
Posts: 275
Thomas Paine is an unknown quantity at this point
Pretty sure the other 3 went to Massillon middle schools. Long commute but worth the drive for a better education and football program.
Reply With Quote
  #292  
Old 12-03-16, 12:22 AM
St.X fan2 St.X fan2 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-09-01
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 3,656
St.X fan2
Congratulations to LaSalle on the win! Two state title teams on the same road.
Reply With Quote
  #293  
Old 12-03-16, 09:20 AM
falguin falguin is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Posts: 937
falguin is on a distinguished road
I got to hand it to Perry. Keeping that team in check was really great. Wakefield needed to open this up. If he had a better passing game and more of a wrinkle in that wing-t, Perry would have won. The rest of this stuff about LaSalle is stupid. Kids go to schools like LaSalle to get an education and to play on good teams, but they go there mostly for the education. They have good talent at these schools, but they mostly have really good hard working kids and that equals success.
Reply With Quote
  #294  
Old 12-03-16, 11:30 AM
CinOhio10 CinOhio10 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 03-28-10
Posts: 176
CinOhio10 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancers View Post
Feeder Schools, for the purposes of Competitive Balance, are the non-public school or schools (parishes
for parochial schools; schools from the same system of education for other private schools) located
within a designated or chosen public school district attendance zone. A high school can have multiple
feeder schools so long as they are located within the same public school district attendance zone, and a
school(s) can serve as feeder schools for more than one high school simultaneously. If a non-public
member high school fails to choose a school district/attendance zone for its feeder school(s), the public
school attendance zone in which the non-public school is physically located will be assigned as that
school’s selected attendance zone.
We'll see how this impacts LaSalle, Elder and Moeller who have had, in the past, designated feeder schools in the school district(s) around them. However, I am curious how this might impact ST. X who has no past designated feeder schools and who draw from a tremendously large area with many school districts involved. Can someone help with that questions about St. X?
Reply With Quote
  #295  
Old 12-03-16, 11:35 AM
Lancers Lancers is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 07-02-16
Posts: 18
Lancers is on a distinguished road
X will also have to designate a public school district as the attendance zone as well. I imagine they would select Northwest Local. However, for X it is much less of an issue as they are going to be Division 1 regardless of any multipliers.
Reply With Quote
  #296  
Old 12-03-16, 11:40 AM
St John Baptist St John Baptist is online now
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-02-04
Location: West Side
Posts: 812
St John Baptist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinOhio10 View Post
We'll see how this impacts LaSalle, Elder and Moeller who have had, in the past, designated feeder schools in the school district(s) around them. However, I am curious how this might impact ST. X who has no past designated feeder schools and who draw from a tremendously large area with many school districts involved. Can someone help with that questions about St. X?
X will probably drop to D3.
Reply With Quote
  #297  
Old 12-03-16, 12:45 PM
MickeyMantle MickeyMantle is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-13-09
Location: Cushy state job
Posts: 16,013
MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.X fan2 View Post
Congratulations to LaSalle on the win! Two state title teams on the same road.
Congrats to X as well! After attending the game Thursday, my son and I road around town listening to the fourth quarter an OT last night. What a game!
Reply With Quote
  #298  
Old 12-03-16, 12:47 PM
MickeyMantle MickeyMantle is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-13-09
Location: Cushy state job
Posts: 16,013
MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinOhio10 View Post
We'll see how this impacts LaSalle, Elder and Moeller who have had, in the past, designated feeder schools in the school district(s) around them. However, I am curious how this might impact ST. X who has no past designated feeder schools and who draw from a tremendously large area with many school districts involved. Can someone help with that questions about St. X?
Won't impact X at all. The Bombers would always be DI in everything anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #299  
Old 12-03-16, 09:55 PM
IRISH_11 IRISH_11 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 12-22-14
Posts: 410
IRISH_11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
Several posters indicated LaSalle was getting "nearly all" its players from LaSalle feeder schools. I told them if this was true, what a great opportunity to dispel the myth that LaSalle is recruiting public school talent. When asked where the best players went to grade school, I was told Winton Woods and Princeton

The parents decided to send their kids to La Salle because they wanted the best for their children. They told me it came down to La Salle and Elder and they chose La Salle because of logistics.

Cam Porter attended St. Vivian which is a St. X and La Salle feeder school as well as Roger Bacon.
Reply With Quote
  #300  
Old 12-03-16, 10:05 PM
IRISH_11 IRISH_11 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 12-22-14
Posts: 410
IRISH_11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite2 View Post
Which school has LaSalle picked as their feeder, any other players will be subject to a modifier.
I would be surprised if LaSalle is not D1 under the new rules.

La Salle is D1 in every sport except football because the OHSAA are a bunch of window licking morons who tried to add a division in the hopes of leveling the playing field for small schools and it blew up in their face. #3PEAT BABY

La Salle predominantly plays a D1 football schedule until the playoffs with the exception of St. Charles I believe.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Barberton: A Coaching Legacy frecriss Barberton Magics 16 06-18-17 07:07 PM
Competitive Balance Referendum Passes Yappi Football 441 09-16-16 02:16 PM
2015 Football Updates Yappi Football 0 08-26-15 04:14 PM
One Weekend Football Referee Class Refman Football 0 07-14-15 01:48 PM
One Weekend FB official class approved! Refman Football 1 08-21-14 08:25 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz