Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-02-16, 03:11 PM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingdad3 View Post
And where did Chris Oats and Maurice Chapman come from? I know where and it isn't Forest Park.
I don't care where any kids go to school or where they came from. It's the family choice. My comment was in reference to why everyone is up in arms and what is truely bothering the haters. For every kid that decides to attend Winton Woods is another kid that lives in the district (Forest Park, Greenhills and Springfield Township) that decides to go somewhere else. It makes me no difference and the people complaining about LaSalle's best players being plucked out of publics sound like haters.
Old 12-02-16, 03:13 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMantle View Post
Who cares? His parents made the decision to send him somewhere else. I'm not sure why that's anybody's business aside from his and his family's.

So why does that qualify as an elephant in the room?
I agree. I don't know why anybody cares but obviously they do. It just sounds like a reason to attempt to make LaSalle look bad.
Old 12-02-16, 03:39 PM
All District

CJSS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
I do not want to speak for Don, but believe it is because we are told "nearly all" and "the vast majority" of players on the team are from LaSalle feeder schools. If so, it is great and would go a long way towards eliminating the negative stereotyping that LaSalle cherry picks public school talent for athletic purposes. This is why I asked the grade schools of...

Jarell White
Tresean Smith- Winton Woods
Christian Turner
Cam Porter
Cam Porter's father is a coach at LaSalle, kinda like Peyton Ramsey's father. Now if he attended a feeder school I'm honestly not sure.
Old 12-02-16, 03:42 PM
All American

Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Veer View Post
Maybe you should take your own advice when you make a bad predictions instead of editing them Pope

Pretty hard to call out someone's own disappointment with a game regarding their own school, especially when you canNOT even man up with your predictions. LOL WAF joke. Weak and cowardly are the men that cannot admit when they are wrong.

Good season to Perry. Solid game. Perry67 is giving credit where its due. hats off to him for his support of the game. His team. Congrats to LaSalle on the 3 Peat.
First off, my picks are infallible, so I don't need to edit my picks... unless they're wrong.

Next, we've got a basket of deplorables crying after the game about the refs, LaSalle recruiting, LaSalle couldn't win D1, etc.... Nothing but crybabies! Just shut up, take your @$$ whipping, and go home. Again, I fully understand most of these deplorable crybabies come from Cleveland, which may explain things.
However, in the future, just suck on your pacifiers and cry yourselves to sleep. No need to bother the rest of us who are laughing so hard it hurts!
Old 12-02-16, 03:55 PM
All American

And one more thing, having watched LaSalle play Perry and X play Iggys, I've concluded that it's against the law for women in Northeast Ohio to use a treadmill. In fact I overheard a group of X moms planning to sit next to the Iggy moms tonight....just to look thinner!
Old 12-02-16, 04:12 PM
All Ohio

The Veer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Francis 1 View Post
And one more thing, having watched LaSalle play Perry and X play Iggys, I've concluded that it's against the law for women in Northeast Ohio to use a treadmill. In fact I overheard a group of X moms planning to sit next to the Iggy moms tonight....just to look thinner!
I didnt know your husband was an St X Mom? (ohhh wait that was a women you were with) Damn sorry

The most self-conscious handicapper is always right LMAO Hahahaha
Old 12-02-16, 04:19 PM
All American

[QUOTE=The Veer;6642854]I didnt know your husband was an St X....

*correction, should be......was a St X.....it's not that difficult!

Last edited by Pope Francis 1; 12-02-16 at 06:00 PM.
Old 12-02-16, 04:34 PM
All District

[QUOTE=Pope Francis 1;6642870]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Veer View Post
I didnt know your husband was an St X....

*correction, should be......was a St X.....
Poor guy has never seen a real woman before I take it? What the heck do they have on stage Thursday nights at the Moose Lodge in Stark County? Next time Veer slides through Cincy, you can treat him to a night on the town. Get him set up real nice, we got them Price Hill girls! Even have a YouTube video to prove it! Make him feel right at home!
Old 12-02-16, 04:41 PM
All District

78panther is on a distinguished road
i would figure Newport or Covington, as per Jerry pay by check

Poor guy has never seen a real woman before I take it? What the heck do they have on stage Thursday nights at the Moose Lodge in Stark County? Next time Veer slides through Cincy, you can treat him to a night on the town. Get him set up real nice, we got them Price Hill girls! Even have a YouTube video to prove it! Make him feel right at home!
Old 12-02-16, 04:41 PM
All District

wrestlingdad3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I do not want to speak for Don, but believe it is because we are told "nearly all" and "the vast majority" of players on the team are from LaSalle feeder schools. If so, it is great and would go a long way towards eliminating the negative stereotyping that LaSalle cherry picks public school talent for athletic purposes. This is why I asked the grade schools of...

Jarell White
Christian Turner
Cam Porter
Here comes Elder jealousy. How we forget the Reading pipeline in football and wrestling. Give it a rest, both schools get plenty of good athletes that are not from a feeder parish. If you would like me to give names I can but who the heck cares where they are from. The kids chose the school end of story. Don't act butt hurt because Lasalle is currently having some success. All GCL South schools being competitive is a good thing. Heck I never thought I would say it but........Go St. X!
Old 12-02-16, 04:51 PM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN
Several posters indicated LaSalle was getting "nearly all" its players from LaSalle feeder schools. I told them if this was true, what a great opportunity to dispel the myth that LaSalle is recruiting public school talent. When asked where the best players went to grade school, I was told Winton Woods and Princeton
Old 12-02-16, 04:52 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78panther View Post
i would figure Newport or Covington, as per Jerry pay by check

You make a darn good point, if it's good enough for Springer by hell its good enough for the Veer! Just have to save some time after so the Pope can forgive those sins and check him for the gift that keeps on giving!!
Old 12-02-16, 04:59 PM
Freshman

Lancers is on a distinguished road
Honestly, my original post that stated the vast majority of La Salle's athletes are from designated feeder schools was to dispel the notion that the Lancers are inevitably slated for Division 1 next year. If most of their athletes are not subject to a multiplier, they will not be bumped up. I don't claim to know the intricacies of the competitive balance formula, but from what I have read about it on the OHSAA website, I am not certain it will impact La Salle to the extent others are claiming. To answer your question, I do not know what grade school the players you asked about came from. I am basing my assessment strictly on anecdotal evidence, I have several nephews that attend La Salle and participate in a variety of sports. Most of the kids on their teams are the same ones they played with and against in CYO. I believe someone provided you with "hard" statistics about the percentage of La Salle's student body that is from parochial schools.
Old 12-02-16, 05:08 PM
Freshman

I will also add that when I attended La Salle in the mid-90s, I played with a fellow by the name of Wiz White. Anyone guess where he went to Junior High?
Princeton. Is it possible that Jarell is also a Lancer legacy?
Old 12-02-16, 08:31 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancers View Post
I will also add that when I attended La Salle in the mid-90s, I played with a fellow by the name of Wiz White. Anyone guess where he went to Junior High?
Princeton. Is it possible that Jarell is also a Lancer legacy?
Wiz White left LaSalle for Winton Woods back in the day.
Old 12-02-16, 08:40 PM
All Yappi

Termite2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Honestly, my original post that stated the vast majority of La Salle's athletes are from designated feeder schools was to dispel the notion that the Lancers are inevitably slated for Division 1 next year. If most of their athletes are not subject to a multiplier, they will not be bumped up. I don't claim to know the intricacies of the competitive balance formula, but from what I have read about it on the OHSAA website, I am not certain it will impact La Salle to the extent others are claiming. To answer your question, I do not know what grade school the players you asked about came from. I am basing my assessment strictly on anecdotal evidence, I have several nephews that attend La Salle and participate in a variety of sports. Most of the kids on their teams are the same ones they played with and against in CYO. I believe someone provided you with "hard" statistics about the percentage of La Salle's student body that is from parochial schools.
Which school has LaSalle picked as their feeder, any other players will be subject to a modifier.
I would be surprised if LaSalle is not D1 under the new rules.
Old 12-02-16, 09:36 PM
Freshman

Wiz did transfer to Winton Woods for his senior year (I was in college by then.) Good player. I looked at the information provided on the OHSAA website about competitive balance. I tried to copy and paste it, but for some reason it would't work. It says that non-publics can designate more than one school as a feeder as long as they are within the same public school district. If this is accurate I would venture to guess that La Salle will not be bumped up based on competitive balance as St. James, St. I's, St. John's etc. are all within Northwest Local School District. If this is not accurate, they either have not updated it on OHSAA's website, or I am seriously misreading what they have. In reality, that is the only thing that would make any sense. If a Private high school has to pick one Catholic Elementary as a feeder, you're talking like 50-100 boys max.
Old 12-02-16, 10:29 PM
Freshman

Feeder Schools, for the purposes of Competitive Balance, are the non-public school or schools (parishes
for parochial schools; schools from the same system of education for other private schools) located
within a designated or chosen public school district attendance zone. A high school can have multiple
feeder schools so long as they are located within the same public school district attendance zone, and a
school(s) can serve as feeder schools for more than one high school simultaneously. If a non-public
member high school fails to choose a school district/attendance zone for its feeder school(s), the public
school attendance zone in which the non-public school is physically located will be assigned as that
school’s selected attendance zone.
Old 12-02-16, 10:30 PM
Freshman

That is the exact language from the OHSAA website. Looks to me like any Catholic Elementary within Northwest Local School District will be considered a La Salle feeder.
Old 12-02-16, 11:36 PM
All Yappi

MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Jarell White
Christian Turner
Cam Porter
I have no idea where those lads went to grade school. Each of them could have gone to eighth grade on Mars and the four of them wouldn't alter the fact that the vast majority of La salle's players come from traditional feeder schools. Speaking of cherry-picking, you're cherry-picking between two different arguments.
Old 12-03-16, 12:20 AM
All Region

Thomas Paine is an unknown quantity at this point
Pretty sure the other 3 went to Massillon middle schools. Long commute but worth the drive for a better education and football program.
Old 12-03-16, 12:22 AM
All World

St.X fan2
Congratulations to LaSalle on the win! Two state title teams on the same road.
Old 12-03-16, 09:20 AM
All Ohio

falguin is on a distinguished road
I got to hand it to Perry. Keeping that team in check was really great. Wakefield needed to open this up. If he had a better passing game and more of a wrinkle in that wing-t, Perry would have won. The rest of this stuff about LaSalle is stupid. Kids go to schools like LaSalle to get an education and to play on good teams, but they go there mostly for the education. They have good talent at these schools, but they mostly have really good hard working kids and that equals success.
Old 12-03-16, 11:30 AM
All District

CinOhio10 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Feeder Schools, for the purposes of Competitive Balance, are the non-public school or schools (parishes
for parochial schools; schools from the same system of education for other private schools) located
within a designated or chosen public school district attendance zone. A high school can have multiple
feeder schools so long as they are located within the same public school district attendance zone, and a
school(s) can serve as feeder schools for more than one high school simultaneously. If a non-public
member high school fails to choose a school district/attendance zone for its feeder school(s), the public
school attendance zone in which the non-public school is physically located will be assigned as that
school’s selected attendance zone.
We'll see how this impacts LaSalle, Elder and Moeller who have had, in the past, designated feeder schools in the school district(s) around them. However, I am curious how this might impact ST. X who has no past designated feeder schools and who draw from a tremendously large area with many school districts involved. Can someone help with that questions about St. X?
Old 12-03-16, 11:35 AM
Freshman

X will also have to designate a public school district as the attendance zone as well. I imagine they would select Northwest Local. However, for X it is much less of an issue as they are going to be Division 1 regardless of any multipliers.
Old 12-03-16, 11:40 AM
All Ohio

St John Baptist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinOhio10 View Post
We'll see how this impacts LaSalle, Elder and Moeller who have had, in the past, designated feeder schools in the school district(s) around them. However, I am curious how this might impact ST. X who has no past designated feeder schools and who draw from a tremendously large area with many school districts involved. Can someone help with that questions about St. X?
X will probably drop to D3.
Old 12-03-16, 12:45 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.X fan2 View Post
Congratulations to LaSalle on the win! Two state title teams on the same road.
Congrats to X as well! After attending the game Thursday, my son and I road around town listening to the fourth quarter an OT last night. What a game!
Old 12-03-16, 12:47 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinOhio10 View Post
Won't impact X at all. The Bombers would always be DI in everything anyway.
Old 12-03-16, 09:55 PM
All Region

IRISH_11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Several posters indicated LaSalle was getting "nearly all" its players from LaSalle feeder schools. I told them if this was true, what a great opportunity to dispel the myth that LaSalle is recruiting public school talent. When asked where the best players went to grade school, I was told Winton Woods and Princeton

The parents decided to send their kids to La Salle because they wanted the best for their children. They told me it came down to La Salle and Elder and they chose La Salle because of logistics.

Cam Porter attended St. Vivian which is a St. X and La Salle feeder school as well as Roger Bacon.
Old 12-03-16, 10:05 PM
All Region

IRISH_11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite2 View Post
Which school has LaSalle picked as their feeder, any other players will be subject to a modifier.
I would be surprised if LaSalle is not D1 under the new rules.

La Salle is D1 in every sport except football because the OHSAA are a bunch of window licking morons who tried to add a division in the hopes of leveling the playing field for small schools and it blew up in their face. #3PEAT BABY

La Salle predominantly plays a D1 football schedule until the playoffs with the exception of St. Charles I believe.