Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-02-16, 11:26 AM
All District

Weflyhigh513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG ED View Post
Congrats to LaSalle. You have a great talented team. In the end the better team won. Perry had a couple great opportunities in the red zone that they didn't take advantage of them and the Lancers defense was a big part of it. Enough about the officials! They didn't win or lose the game and since Harbaugh ran his mouth, I've heard enough.
I've been following the Panthers since my playing days in 71 and I knew deep down after seeing this team play the last 14 weeks, they wouldn't get blown out like many thought. I'm proud of their effort and getting to the Shoe two years in a row for those seniors who went 0-10 and 1-9 as freshmen was quite an accomplishment. Hats off to them, Coach Wakefield and his staff.
Congrats Lancers and as always...GO PERRY!!
The officials didnt win or lose the game. But they sure as heck tried to effect the outcome. Like a couple others have posted, LaSalle scores on the drive that is 1st and goal from the 10 and the momentum completely shifts. Unfortunately a couple windbags want to make it about them. I am not sorry at all that the line judge on the LS side got hurt. Karma is a beotch. The game teturned somewhat to normal after that. You obviously have lost touch with reality old man if you think.that was impartial officiating.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-16, 11:30 AM
All District

CJSS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrox View Post
And to think all it took for LaSalle to win championships was dropping to division 2. Way to go Lancers, bet you're proud. Let's see how you do next year in division 1. Something tells me they won't even see the playoffs
You crying bud?? You could only hope they get moved back up. According to OHSAA Perry has more boys than LaSalle, something tells me Perry would have to go as well! Now you can really cry!! Go ahead let it out!!
Old 12-02-16, 11:35 AM
All Yappi

perry1480 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weflyhigh513 View Post
The officials didnt win or lose the game. But they sure as heck tried to effect the outcome. Like a couple others have posted, LaSalle scores on the drive that is 1st and goal from the 10 and the momentum completely shifts. Unfortunately a couple windbags want to make it about them. I am not sorry at all that the line judge on the LS side got hurt. Karma is a beotch. The game teturned somewhat to normal after that. You obviously have lost touch with reality old man if you think.that was impartial officiating.

Karma isn't a part of catholic doctrine. Man, what do they teach at Lasalle?

Tried to affect the outcome? Spoken like a true millennial. Everyone's out to put the man down. Go learn how to be a ref so we can all see how easy it is, hero.
Old 12-02-16, 11:45 AM
All World

BIG ED is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weflyhigh513 View Post

Just another wind bag who thinks they know it all....smh. They come and they go....lol.
Old 12-02-16, 11:49 AM
All Region

boater is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry1480 View Post
Karma isn't a part of catholic doctrine. Man, what do they teach at Lasalle?

Tried to affect the outcome? Spoken like a true millennial. Everyone's out to put the man down. Go learn how to be a ref so we can all see how easy it is, hero.
Still trying to control the laughter... yeah NICELY DONE ..and soo deserved ! They all grow up SOMEDAY !! ?? WE HOPE !!
Old 12-02-16, 11:49 AM
All Yappi

MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
Therein lies the punitive nature of CBP. You only get to designate one feeder. The rest get a multiplier, even if they've gone to Catholic school since kindergarten.
I missed this detail somehow. That's atrocious. If there is one feeder school, it's no feeder school at all. It's ... the same school.
Old 12-02-16, 11:51 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
He hadn't played the position for over a dozen weeks, right ?
Actually, he was a regular situational QB, so it's pretty amazing that Perry was so unprepared for him considering how well they were prepared for the rest of the offense, specifically those swing passes.
Old 12-02-16, 11:52 AM
All American

FootsWalker is on a distinguished road
Missed 39 yd FG right before half ended up being a huge play in this one. Looked like he pulled it, possibly because he was at his limit going that direction on the field. Too bad Perry couldn't have picked up 3-4 more yds on 3rd down, as maybe he makes it from 35. Point is, if Perry is up 10-7 with 5-6 minutes left, I seriously doubt they go for the 4th and 7 from the LS 35. Probably try to pooch punt it down to the 10-15 and make LS go 85-90 yds. Maybe they score anyway, but it woulda been interesting.
Old 12-02-16, 11:55 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMantle View Post
I missed this detail somehow. That's atrocious. If there is one feeder school, it's no feeder school at all. It's ... the same school.
Yup. Even if a kid has been in Catholic school his whole life, if he didn't go to the single designated feeder, he gets a +1.

Add all the multipliers you want to kids who go to public school until 9th grade...but to ding kids who have been in the system their whole lives is BS, and shows the true colors of the proposal.
Old 12-02-16, 12:01 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
Yup. Even if a kid has been in Catholic school his whole life, if he didn't go to the single designated feeder, he gets a +1.

Add all the multipliers you want to kids who go to public school until 9th grade...but to ding kids who have been in the system their whole lives is BS, and shows the true colors of the proposal.
Unreal. I try to stay away from the public/private debate because it's hard to change peoples' opinions. But public school disadvantage crowd is among the whiniest, most competition-averse people I know of.
Old 12-02-16, 12:25 PM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancers View Post
The vast majority of La Salle's students and athletes still come from one of their designated feeder schools.
You are at least the second person to mention this and many do not believe it. If it is true, this would go a long way towards eliminating the negative talk about LaSalle cherry picking public school talent for athletic purposes. Which grade schools did these kids who played in the offensive backfield during the 2nd half attend?

Jarell White
Tresean Smith
Christian Turner
Cam Porter
Old 12-02-16, 12:46 PM
All Yappi

Perry 67 is on a distinguished road
Cool Mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup pounder View Post
LaSalle wins.Better team.Look at the athletes they had.Another example of why they need to seperate the playoffs.Perry was clearly the best D2 public team in Ohio.allow them to "legally recruit" as lasalle does,a few more players and they beat LaSalle.Very proud of the effort that Perry put forth against overwhelming odds.How long are we going to let this continue???????
Either way BOTH teams made mistakes. I never saw so many flags. Not a poor sport. Lasalle is tough. Congrats to them. Remember you do not have to be Catholic to go to these schools. BUT you need to play football if you are NOT Catholic. Think about it. Thanks pup pounder for the nice comment.
Old 12-02-16, 12:56 PM
All District

78panther is on a distinguished road
Who cares what schools these kid are from they play for LaSalle. We gave them are best came up short to a great team. Now we get ready for round 3 in 2017. Perry football is in it for the long haul. Time to start 2017 and hope we can play 15 games again!
Old 12-02-16, 12:57 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry 67 View Post
Either way BOTH teams made mistakes. I never saw so many flags. Not a poor sport. Lasalle is tough. Congrats to them. Remember you do not have to be Catholic to go to these schools. BUT you need to play football if you are NOT Catholic. Think about it. Thanks pup pounder for the nice comment.
Both my kids went to Catholic high school. We aren't Catholic. Neither played a sport.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-02-16, 01:02 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
BUT you need to play football if you are NOT Catholic. Think about it.
Untrue.
Old 12-02-16, 01:19 PM
All Yappi

BigBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Congradulations on a great season Perry Panthers!!
Old 12-02-16, 01:23 PM
All District

CinOhio10 is on a distinguished road
Having read through all of these posts, I thought I might add a bit of information about LaSalle, an all male parochial high school. LaSalle started this school year with 670 students, grades 9-12. 15% of this number (or 101 students) are African American. Their incoming freshman class this year totaled 150, meaning there are approximately 520 students to count against the OHSAA Div 2 requirements if counted this year. I believe LaSalle is a smaller Div 2 team than Perry.

LaSalle's varsity and JV football teams have approximately 90-95 athletes. 22- 23 of these athletes are African American. I put this point in here to show that not all of the African Americans are playing football.

Also, 78% of all students come from catholic grade schools. The info I am looking at does not break down which catholic grade schools. I believe this percentage is likely close to what Elder, Moeller and St X see in their schools.
Old 12-02-16, 01:25 PM
All District

FootballCrazy1 is on a distinguished road
Stop Complaining

I for one can't stand fans on either side that make excuses after a game, sound like a bunch of whiny *ichigan fans. The refs didn't cost either team the game, the lack of a passing game for Perry and the switch at Qb for Lasalle was the biggest difference last night. Perry has open enrollment and can get kids that don't pay a dime to go to school there, their best lineman drives 45/50min each way to go there. Tired of hearing the catholic schools get who they want. We get who WANTS to attend Perry if they choose to come here. Perry boys played great we didn't get it done, we will be back.
Old 12-02-16, 01:36 PM
All American

Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
I believe Perry 67 is bitterly disappointed, same as Jim "crybaby" Harbaugh.

So here's my suggestion....

You gotta turn that frown upside down
And you can make it a smile!

Of course, if I lived in Cleveland I suppose I'd be miserable also!
Old 12-02-16, 01:40 PM
All Yappi

Cool I am not disappointed...PROUD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Francis 1 View Post

Of course, if I lived in Cleveland I suppose I'd be miserable also!
I live in Perry Township. You know St. Perry. I am proud of our Panthers. Look. If you are a Lancer fan thanks for giving us the BEST GAME EVER. However, many of these posts are not from Lancer people or fans. We respect the game and the other team and your school. 3 peat is something special. Is the Pope Catholic? Get it? Later. Merry Christmas.
Old 12-02-16, 01:41 PM
All District

CJSS is on a distinguished road
Several years ago a few of the westside catholic grade schools closed causing a merge into LaSalle feeder schools such as St. James and St. Ann's which is now Our Lady of Grace (OLG). Over the last few years, schools like St. Bart's, OLG and St. Vivians have been forced to join St. James if they wish to play football due to the low turnout of kids at their respective school. Many of the St. Vivian/St. Bart's kids back in the day would have been St. X or Roger Bacon students once they reached high school. Things have changed and these kids are now playing for a LaSalle feeder school. This has certainly changed the minds of many of these kids being they are making friends with kids from schools that feed LaSalle. This isn't recruiting, it's simply young student athletes and parents finding a way to stay in catholic schools which is declining in our area. That being said, LaSalle has a small percentage of kids not from feeder schools enrolled, and no they aren't only football and basketball players. Elder's running back last year who transferred out his senior year lives in Indiana and did Not attend Catholic grade school. Southeast Indiana to my knowledge has no Catholic high schools so what should kids from there do? This doesn't only happen with the private schools. Colerain for years has pulled kids from well outside of the district such as BJ Askew, Mister Simpson who lived on the Mt. Healthy side of Skyline Acres and many others who ride the #18 metro coming out of the city. St. James grade school each year sends at least 10 kids to Colerain for high school. Are they recruiting? Or are parents making a financial decision.? And the notion of free tuition is absurd.
Old 12-02-16, 01:46 PM
All Yappi

Cool Ok Mickey. I'm a sore loser.

Quote:
Untrue.
Look Lasalle has a great team. I am not bashing them. We respect them. It is the system. Hard to fix. We have open enrollment like someone stated. We have kids coming to our school for other activities. Good Luck next year. Hard to argue 3 peat is something special.
Old 12-02-16, 01:53 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Look Lasalle has a great team. I am not bashing them. We respect them. It is the system. Hard to fix. We have open enrollment like someone stated. We have kids coming to our school for other activities. Good Luck next year. Hard to argue 3 peat is something special.
I certainly wasn't calling you a sore loser. You know how people run with things here. I just wanted to clear up that you don't have to be an athlete to attend as a non-Catholic.
Old 12-02-16, 01:59 PM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinOhio10 View Post
Also, 78% of all students come from catholic grade schools. I believe this percentage is likely close to what Elder, Moeller and St X see in their schools.
Thanks for the information. This is not about Elder, but since you mentioned them by name, I have data on Elder's 2015 freshman class as the names/schools are in a newsletter sent to the home of all alums.

For comparison, Elder's freshman class had 213 students of which just 28 came to Elder from a public school. Thus 87% of Elder freshman students came to Elder from a catholic grade school. Of those 28 who did not, 20 went to the local public's Oak Hills (18) & Three Rivers (2). Often these parents cant afford catholic grade school and wait until 9th grade before sending.

Said another way, less than 10 students, or 4% of the entire class, came to Elder from a non-traditional school. I can provide the link if anyone requests it.

Last edited by PURPLE REIGN; 12-02-16 at 03:05 PM.
Old 12-02-16, 02:08 PM
All Ohio

The Veer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Francis 1 View Post

Maybe you should take your own advice when you make a bad predictions instead of editing them Pope

Pretty hard to call out someone's own disappointment with a game regarding their own school, especially when you canNOT even man up with your predictions. LOL WAF joke. Weak and cowardly are the men that cannot admit when they are wrong.

Good season to Perry. Solid game. Perry67 is giving credit where its due. hats off to him for his support of the game. His team. Congrats to LaSalle on the 3 Peat.
Old 12-02-16, 02:27 PM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
You are at least the second person to mention this and many do not believe it. If it is true, this would go a long way towards eliminating the negative talk about LaSalle cherry picking public school talent for athletic purposes. Which grade schools did these kids who played in the offensive backfield during the 2nd half attend?

Jarell White
Tresean Smith
Christian Turner
Cam Porter
This is the elephant in the room. Its not about where the majority of the Lancers players come from but where did the BEST players on the team come from? Tre'Sean Smith went to Winton Woods.
Old 12-02-16, 02:31 PM
All District

wrestlingdad3 is on a distinguished road
And where did Chris Oats and Maurice Chapman come from? I know where and it isn't Forest Park.
Old 12-02-16, 02:46 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
This is the elephant in the room. Its not about where the majority of the Lancers players come from but where did the BEST players on the team come from? Tre'Sean Smith went to Winton Woods.
Who cares? His parents made the decision to send him somewhere else. I'm not sure why that's anybody's business aside from his and his family's.

So why does that qualify as an elephant in the room?
Old 12-02-16, 03:03 PM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN
Quote:

So why does that qualify as an elephant in the room?
I do not want to speak for Don, but believe it is because we are told "nearly all" and "the vast majority" of players on the team are from LaSalle feeder schools. If so, it is great and would go a long way towards eliminating the negative stereotyping that LaSalle cherry picks public school talent for athletic purposes. This is why I asked the grade schools of...

Jarell White
Tresean Smith- Winton Woods
Christian Turner
Cam Porter
Old 12-02-16, 03:10 PM
All Yappi

Termite2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
I do not want to speak for Don, but believe it is because we are told "nearly all" and "the vast majority" of players on the team are from LaSalle feeder schools. If so, it is great and would go a long way towards eliminating the negative stereotyping that LaSalle cherry picks public school talent for athletic purposes. This is why I asked the grade schools of...

Jarell White
Tresean Smith- Winton Woods
Christian Turner
Cam Porter

Jarell White - Princeton