Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-19-18, 06:04 PM
All World

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chs1971 View Post
No one cares what you don't drive. No one cares what you don't buy. I explained what I do, and why.
You're the one who contended the following

Quote:
I try to support my community and neighbors when I can, and try not to be a POS like you.
Yep, seems like you really don't care

Sorry, life isn't a charity. You don't get my business because you happen to live near me. Make a better product
Old 07-19-18, 06:19 PM
All World

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Again, I care what I do.

You are a POS regardless of where you shop. Sorry if I was not clear.
Old 07-19-18, 06:31 PM
All World

Quote:
You are a POS regardless of where you shop.
Pretty obvious my comments in this thread triggered you. To the point you think your priorities in what cars you buy vs mine is a distinction between being a "POS" and not.

Quote:
I try to support my community and neighbors when I can, and try not to be a POS like you.

Getting overly emotional seldom makes your argument look stronger.
Old 07-19-18, 06:40 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Pretty obvious my comments in this thread triggered you. To the point you think your priorities in what cars you buy vs mine is a distinction between being a "POS" and not. .
I cannot be more clear. My youngest brother and his wife won't drive anything but BMW's and SAAB's. They are NICE cars, and what the drive doesn't bother me a bit. I've got another brother that drives Subaru's. Actually I several friends that have Subaru's, several drive Hondas. I don't care, it's their choice. I really like some of their cars, we have two assembled in North America.

You are POS, it has nothing to do with the car you drive.

Sorry you don't get it. I'm sure it's not the only thing.
Old 07-19-18, 06:57 PM
All World

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
That post was one of a guy who is a Chivas and Soda guy drink a beer dude , that was disjointed , stay with sipping beer Old man
Old 07-19-18, 06:58 PM
All World

Quote:
SAAB's. They are NICE cars

Quote:
You are POS.
Old 07-19-18, 07:01 PM
All World

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
CHS is about 84 years old and hasn't worked in decades , I pay my respects
Old 07-19-18, 08:06 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
Most of his neighbors makes parts that go on cars of foreign owned and American owned companies. There have been a couple times when American automakers got fat and lazy but they are gone now..
It wasn't that long ago, the taxpayers bailed out an automaker. We've bailed out one on more than one occasion. Fat and lazy isn't gone and if people come to believe that, it will be worse.

Corporate welfare is a reality. Didn't a local PRIVATE company just get a nearly 1 million dollar grant to buy a tool? A new crane? Isn't buying what is needed to do business the responsibility of that business? What could motivate a Republican like Portman to do this? Could it be we are battle ground? We sway NATIONAL elections? And the grant benefits a highly paid segment of a democratic stronghold, blue collar unionized workforce?

Selfishly, it's a nice position to be in. On one hand, the longest tenured female in Congress buying us stuff and the Pubs doing their best to leave conservative principles behind in order to counter. But it's inefficient tax pork. It's a negative tariff, if you will. Same effect.

If this tarif battle doesn't inhibit companies from manufacturing their products in the country of sales, I think we'll be fine. If it results in companies having to ship their products, we'll lose like we did in the 60s.
Old 07-19-18, 08:19 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
CHS is about 84 years old and hasn't worked in decades , I pay my respects
This is the best you can do?
Old 07-19-18, 08:22 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Maybe it's a Volvo. I don't know, some kind of wagon-type thing. I do remember that they flew him over to Europe so that he could watch them assemble it.

I checked, a Volvo XC90. It is nice. And I was wrong about his wife's BMW, it's a Mercedes now. Some kind of SUV, which to me just seems wrong.
Old 07-19-18, 09:17 PM
All American

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This is the best you can do?
Living large on SS and medicare that he thinks he earned.

Frankly I am jealous b/c the current Debt...we young folks will not have either..
Old 07-19-18, 09:23 PM
All World

irish_buffalo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
It wasn't that long ago, the taxpayers bailed out an automaker. We've bailed out one on more than one occasion. Fat and lazy isn't gone and if people come to believe that, it will be worse.

Corporate welfare is a reality. Didn't a local PRIVATE company just get a nearly 1 million dollar grant to buy a tool? A new crane? Isn't buying what is needed to do business the responsibility of that business? What could motivate a Republican like Portman to do this? Could it be we are battle ground? We sway NATIONAL elections? And the grant benefits a highly paid segment of a democratic stronghold, blue collar unionized workforce?

Selfishly, it's a nice position to be in. On one hand, the longest tenured female in Congress buying us stuff and the Pubs doing their best to leave conservative principles behind in order to counter. But it's inefficient tax pork. It's a negative tariff, if you will. Same effect.

If this tarif battle doesn't inhibit companies from manufacturing their products in the country of sales, I think we'll be fine. If it results in companies having to ship their products, we'll lose like we did in the 60s.
After the last bailout the UAW was forced to renegotiate their contracts. Line workers entering the workforce today do not make nearly what their predecessors made entering the business nor will they have the opportunity to make what they made leaving. Just saying.

Unsure what million dollar investment you speak of unless it is the new crane at the port? If that is the case it is new craneS and the million dollar grant was only a portion of what they really cost. These new cranes are slick, they can move around AND pick the world unlike Big Lucas and Little Lucas which were on tracks. Nonetheless yes, politicians pandering to their constituents is what they do, and in this case I suppose a nice position to be in until one realizes that the County Port Shipyard was handed over entirely to Ironhead and Midwest Terminals solely within the last ten years or so. I always love the "private" company that relies dangerously heavy on "public" dollars.

In my reference to chs1971 we bailed out an industry that has MANY tentacles and serves and relies on many other industries. Was the bailout of Chrysler (twice) and GM right? No one really knows? Another topic I suppose but I can tell you the companies are far leaner than the pre-2008 version of themselves. Could it happen again? Maybe? Without having any hardcore numbers, in NWOhio alone, you can take all the unionized workers at the GM/Chrysler plants who were first line recipients of that bailout, add them up, and I believe the secondary plants (part suppliers) who are overwhelmingly non-union would add up to more people. Trickle down effect in true form.

If we are speaking of tariffs and sending goods overseas you are 100% right, and we will see?

On a side note, and speaking of politicians and who they serve, Governor Kasich made a bold move on Lake Erie the other day when many in his party would only offer up window dressing. A move that would declare several tributaries to the Maumee River Basin as impaired and force change when it comes to farming fertilizer practices. Kudos to him. He immediately had blowback from within his own party and one of the biggest opponents was from Zanesville, OH. Zanesville? Water from Zanesville drains South not North into Erie. Why was he so upset? Because he is paid a lot of money by folks who could give a hoot about Ohio and Lake Erie. The REAL problem? Hamburgers and bacon for $1.00 off any interstate exit across the nation or the health of one of our greatest natural resources? Lake Erie and farms have coexisted for years without this kind of poisoning but these CAFO's need to mass produce Beef/Pork/Chicken on unforeseen levels so every fast food joint on every street corner in the U.S. can have a dollar menu so kids can acquire diabetes for us all to pay for. Shame on the state representative from Zanesville, credit to Kasich.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: