Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 03-27-18, 09:41 AM
Irish60 Irish60 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-17-14
Posts: 1,895
Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer89 View Post
That actually is what happens. The appeals panel is selected from a pool of member superintendents. It's not 100% independent, but it's pretty independent.
Well, the Appeals Panel's "independence" has always been a bone of contention. I heard there were some amendments to the process last May and hopefully this has become even less of an issue. I just haven't had the time or inclination to look into it.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 03-27-18, 10:19 AM
Vox Crusada Vox Crusada is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-19-02
Location: Not Stark county-it sucks
Posts: 3,265
Vox Crusada is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
It'd be nice to think that full exploitation of the loophole--arranging a child's "homelessness" for athletic purposes--is an act so shameless that no school or administrator or coach would ever be a willing part of it.

It'd be nice to think that.
Iím curious if the NCAA will consider these ďhomelessĒ students ineligible for athletic grant-in-aid since theyíve received inducements in the form of free lodging from non-family members that commenced AFTER the sixth grade. This might violate their certification of amateur status.

I wonder if any third party might make the NCAA aware of this.

But even if they canít get an NCAA scholly, theyíll have that state trophy!
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 03-27-18, 10:35 AM
Vike16 Vike16 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-08-15
Posts: 660
Vike16 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
This has all been addressed on the Facebook page Deer Park Schools Concerned Citizens last year. There is nothing here. Move along stop the hate. OSHAA FOUND NOTHING! Deer Park won State. Get used to it.
All these Butthurt people lmao. Congrats to Deer Park on the title
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 03-27-18, 10:40 AM
Kballer Kballer is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-03-12
Posts: 2,040
Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan76 View Post
I am not defending them as legitimate. I'm pointing out your hypocrisy.
And I do apologize. I was about the QB. He also played basketball at his old school. He was put on the basketball roster so that he didn't have to sit out the following year. I talked to his parents and misunderstood the loophole they used. However, this does not change the fact that Moeller recruits kids from all the tri-state and you are okay with it.
So his PARENTS used a "loophole", not the school? So he had to sit out for games the first year he transferred? That's not a "loophole" that is following the rules!!! That is your "proof"? I can't stop laughing- after all the grief you gave me this is priceless.

That's the issue with all of this- the parents have chosen to file paperwork saying one thing but then their kid goes on TV saying the real reason he is at the school which should make him ineligible. . Then the PARENTS bombarded these threads trying to tell us they did nothing wrong. Then they say when pointed out the fact that they did do something wrong as proven by the tv interview, that they have every right to do so without question which is wrong. It's not being a hypocrite because I have never and will never do something so unethical with my kids- especially for a game.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 03-27-18, 10:47 AM
Kballer Kballer is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-03-12
Posts: 2,040
Kballer is on a distinguished road
And yes I am fine with kids choosing to come to Moeller or any other private school from however far they are willing to travel. I have been very vocal on here (see the 1,000 page CB thread) as to how they are able to fill their enrollment when each feeder school typically only has a few boys go to Moeller and there around 230 kids per grade there. For us, my husband attended an all boys Catholic high school and wanted his boys to have the same experience so the half hour each way is totally worth it. Even if their sports sucked-they would be going there as it is the closest all male school to our home. GBM
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 03-27-18, 10:49 AM
Tarheel2336 Tarheel2336 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-20-17
Posts: 17
Tarheel2336 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Crusada View Post
Iím curious if the NCAA will consider these ďhomelessĒ students ineligible for athletic grant-in-aid since theyíve received inducements in the form of free lodging from non-family members that commenced AFTER the sixth grade. This might violate their certification of amateur status.

I wonder if any third party might make the NCAA aware of this.

But even if they canít get an NCAA scholly, theyíll have that state trophy!
It is interesting that you capitalize "AFTER" the sixth grade. If that is some kind of NCAA rule I now know why two families in my community were "recruited" beginning in the fifth grade to play and receive reduced tuition at a private grade school that feeds a private high school.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 03-27-18, 10:49 AM
yj_runfan yj_runfan is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-05-07
Posts: 1,624
yj_runfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer89 View Post
OHSAA actually does pretty well in due process. They have appeals, hearings, etc. No school is sanctioned without the ability to defend itself. Where it would really screw them is constitutional rights like freedom of speech. If you're a government entity, you can't restrict freedom of speech, such as...recruiting. Imagine if OHSAA was ruled a state actor and legally couldn't restrict schools from recruiting! That'd be something.
They are already pretty weak at restricting it.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 03-27-18, 10:50 AM
Yeoman Yeoman is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-25-11
Posts: 564
Yeoman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
If you have a family member teaching at Deer Park and is leaking private information about a high schooler's academic record, then the ethics issues at the school go WAY beyond the basketball court.
Might be a sign of just how deep the frustration with the situation runs with some of the staff there.

Last edited by Yeoman; 03-27-18 at 11:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 03-27-18, 11:00 AM
Yeoman Yeoman is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-25-11
Posts: 564
Yeoman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel2336 View Post
It is interesting that you capitalize "AFTER" the sixth grade. If that is some kind of NCAA rule I now know why two families in my community were "recruited" beginning in the fifth grade to play and receive reduced tuition at a private grade school that feeds a private high school.
A male basketball player becomes a "prospective student athlete" when he starts classes in the seventh grade. In other sports, including women's basketball, it's the ninth grade.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 03-27-18, 11:45 AM
coltfan76 coltfan76 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 07-10-08
Posts: 469
coltfan76 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
So his PARENTS used a "loophole", not the school? So he had to sit out for games the first year he transferred? That's not a "loophole" that is following the rules!!! That is your "proof"? I can't stop laughing- after all the grief you gave me this is priceless.

That's the issue with all of this- the parents have chosen to file paperwork saying one thing but then their kid goes on TV saying the real reason he is at the school which should make him ineligible. . Then the PARENTS bombarded these threads trying to tell us they did nothing wrong. Then they say when pointed out the fact that they did do something wrong as proven by the tv interview, that they have every right to do so without question which is wrong. It's not being a hypocrite because I have never and will never do something so unethical with my kids- especially for a game.
No the school used a loophole. They put him on the basketball roster. The parents can't put their own kid on the basketball roster.
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 03-27-18, 12:05 PM
Raider6309 Raider6309 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-12-15
Location: Athens
Posts: 1,835
Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Who cares, The cheaters beat the cheaters. ohsaa has let basketball become AAU teams. At least the attendance is pretty bad now because there is no sense of community at state
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 03-27-18, 12:24 PM
Kballer Kballer is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-03-12
Posts: 2,040
Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan76 View Post
No the school used a loophole. They put him on the basketball roster. The parents can't put their own kid on the basketball roster.
You called me names and told me you had to type slow for me then you post this- are you serious? Moeller Basketball doesn't just "put someone on the roster" first of all- they have about 70 kids tryout freshman year and make cuts every year. 2nd of all- if the kid transferred in (meaning after the start of 9th grade) he would have to sit half a season in every sport until after a full year has passed unless exemption was granted by OHSAA. "Putting him on the roster" closes no loophole- not sure who this mystery QB is, but your intel and knowledge of the rules is completely wrong. I still can't believe that you tried to play "gotcha" and bash me over this bunch of hooey -thenothers wrre right, total troll job
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 03-27-18, 12:40 PM
Purcell til I die Purcell til I die is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-08-17
Posts: 106
Purcell til I die is on a distinguished road
This thread is sad when adults talk about making someone aware to take away a scholarship for college wow did not know it hurt people this much too see dp win...from what I was told from a few friends at the game was most of those players were cast offs that didn’t play much at their schools they were at an the coaches did not want them from what I hear mark wise is not a transfer an how can you blame the coach for transferring his kid out of a school an coaching him himself..Moeller kids go to Moeller for sports not education let’s be honest an that is true for every highschool exceptional in sports...if Moeller was terrible kids wouldn’t want to go to a all boy school just my opinion....
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 03-27-18, 12:56 PM
MoeDude's Avatar
MoeDude MoeDude is offline
Save water....drink beer!
 
Join Date: 08-06-01
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Posts: 29,382
MoeDude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purcell til I die View Post
....Moeller kids go to Moeller for sports not education let’s be honest an that is true for every highschool exceptional in sports...if Moeller was terrible kids wouldn’t want to go to a all boy school just my opinion....
You are a sad and pathetic person if you truly believe this. You also must not have ever been in the halls of Moeller to see all the good things that go on in that school that aren't sports. Moeller was one of the first schools with a laptop program to prepare students for the technology world.

Even back in my day they offered programming classes in Fortran(yea that long ago ) which were very beneficial when I ended up getting my information processing degree in college taking programming classes.


You also must not be aware of the art program that Bro. Wanda built there that helped many Men of Moeller get college scholarships because of their artistic talents.

It's always interesting to see some of these ridiculous comments on Yappi by people who have no real knowledge about a particular school.

Again, if you truly believe your comment it's obvious you've never been in the school. I would suggest you take the time to visit the school the next time they have an open house and truly educate yourself on What Gold Can Do For You!
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 03-27-18, 12:57 PM
BigBulldog's Avatar
BigBulldog BigBulldog is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-26-02
Posts: 8,186
BigBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Does Afrocentric have a good coach? What is his high school record?

Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 03-27-18, 01:07 PM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 2,779
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purcell til I die View Post
This thread is sad when adults talk about making someone aware to take away a scholarship for college wow did not know it hurt people this much too see dp win...from what I was told from a few friends at the game was most of those players were cast offs that didnít play much at their schools they were at an the coaches did not want them from what I hear mark wise is not a transfer an how can you blame the coach for transferring his kid out of a school an coaching him himself..Moeller kids go to Moeller for sports not education letís be honest an that is true for every highschool exceptional in sports...if Moeller was terrible kids wouldnít want to go to a all boy school just my opinion....
So these " cast offs " all of a sudden developed into good bball players, I hardly doubt that. How many other transfers did DP accept that had no bball talent, do they make it a habit of searching the streets of Cincy bringing in " homeless " kids to their school district if so great. That is why this looks so bad that this coach and DP just used the system and these kids to win a state title, hopefully he and the DP administration follow up and make sure these young men become good contributing adults to society.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 03-27-18, 01:12 PM
playboi12 playboi12 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 06-01-04
Location: cincinati
Posts: 689
playboi12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
So these " cast offs " all of a sudden developed into good bball players, I hardly doubt that. How many other transfers did DP accept that had no bball talent, do they make it a habit of searching the streets of Cincy bringing in " homeless " kids to their school district if so great. That is why this looks so bad that this coach and DP just used the system and these kids to win a state title, hopefully he and the DP administration follow up and make sure these young men become good contributing adults to society.
Well, if you all leave them alone and let them live, they just might become contributing adults to society.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 03-27-18, 01:18 PM
Purcell til I die Purcell til I die is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-08-17
Posts: 106
Purcell til I die is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeDude View Post
You are a sad and pathetic person if you truly believe this. You also must not have ever been in the halls of Moeller to see all the good things that go on in that school that aren't sports. Moeller was one of the first schools with a laptop program to prepare students for the technology world.

Even back in my day they offered programming classes in Fortran(yea that long ago ) which were very beneficial when I ended up getting my information processing degree in college taking programming classes.


You also must not be aware of the art program that Bro. Wanda built there that helped many Men of Moeller get college scholarships because of their artistic talents.

It's always interesting to see some of these ridiculous comments on Yappi by people who have no real knowledge about a particular school.

Again, if you truly believe your comment it's obvious you've never been in the school. I would suggest you take the time to visit the school the next time they have an open house and truly educate yourself on What Gold Can Do For You!

First off you sound like a commercial calm down I know Moeller means the world to you but all of us donít feel that way...I never said anything bad about their education Iím speaking on why kids who play sports go their...like I said if they were horrible in sports this would not be a conversation because the parents could simply choose the same school where they are more centralized if John Doe wasnít good at sports whatís the difference between summit an Moeller if I stay on Madison rd Nothing but if my kid is good at sports I will by pass 5 schools to get to Moeller an know one sees anything wrong with this I wish they let public schools operate on this platform because gcl schools would never win again just like the 80ís an early 90ís before they pandered the rules in favor of catholic schools...
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 03-27-18, 01:19 PM
tndog tndog is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 06-02-10
Location: Ohio/Nevada
Posts: 137
tndog is on a distinguished road
Jason Bates is the coach at Africentric and he is a good coach
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 03-27-18, 01:20 PM
coltfan76 coltfan76 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 07-10-08
Posts: 469
coltfan76 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
You called me names and told me you had to type slow for me then you post this- are you serious? Moeller Basketball doesn't just "put someone on the roster" first of all- they have about 70 kids tryout freshman year and make cuts every year. 2nd of all- if the kid transferred in (meaning after the start of 9th grade) he would have to sit half a season in every sport until after a full year has passed unless exemption was granted by OHSAA. "Putting him on the roster" closes no loophole- not sure who this mystery QB is, but your intel and knowledge of the rules is completely wrong. I still can't believe that you tried to play "gotcha" and bash me over this bunch of hooey -thenothers wrre right, total troll job
I know what was done by the administration of Moeller. I will say no more in order to not reveal the young man's identity.
However, you are using this to distract for the fact that Moeller brings in students for sports. Your children went there for tradition. Lots of kids go to different schools for lot of reasons. You having a problem with Deer Park and not Moeller shows what a hypocrite you are. Calling me names and trying to insult me does not change that.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 03-27-18, 01:23 PM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 2,779
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by playboi12 View Post
Well, if you all leave them alone and let them live, they just might become contributing adults to society.
1st I hardly doubt they read Yappi. 2nd I am not saying the students did anything wrong just questioning the coach and DP's motives. Hopefully their as concerned about the students education as they are about winning state titles.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 03-27-18, 01:25 PM
Purcell til I die Purcell til I die is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-08-17
Posts: 106
Purcell til I die is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
So these " cast offs " all of a sudden developed into good bball players, I hardly doubt that. How many other transfers did DP accept that had no bball talent, do they make it a habit of searching the streets of Cincy bringing in " homeless " kids to their school district if so great. That is why this looks so bad that this coach and DP just used the system and these kids to win a state title, hopefully he and the DP administration follow up and make sure these young men become good contributing adults to society.
You would be hard pressed to have heard of half of those kids that transferred never heard of most of them til they got to do an why did no one say anything the year before when they were awful I just donít understand now that the coach apparently molded those kids itís a problem..I watched them in tournament an itís not like they had overwhelming talent they just play extremely hard an good together I thought...
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 03-27-18, 01:50 PM
humblechicajp humblechicajp is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-02-17
Posts: 110
humblechicajp is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
I don't think you are Ms. Rose. I think you are Gentry's assistant. That skinny little bald dude who was acting like a fool on the sideline. Who are you guys recruiting to replace Rose and Mcentire next year? I know its you Reggie.
This is definitely not Reggie!!! It is Mrs. Rose, I don't need to hide behind usernames. Like I have stated all year there are exceptions to rules and the reason that no kids sat out any games is because they all fell under one of the EXCEPTIONS. I really wish you folks would let it go or understand that you can have the same situation (kids transferring) each case is different. This is the most insensitive world that we live in and I say that to once again say this IF YOU KNEW THE STORY YOU WOULD REALLY SAY WHAT A GREAT GROUP OF YOUNG MEN THEY ARE (only if you knew their stories, it's not for me to tell).

ENJOY LIFE IN A POSITIVE LIGHT....PEACE
SOME ARE FIGHTING BATTLES YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 03-27-18, 02:22 PM
Kballer Kballer is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-03-12
Posts: 2,040
Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan76 View Post
I know what was done by the administration of Moeller. I will say no more in order to not reveal the young man's identity.
However, you are using this to distract for the fact that Moeller brings in students for sports. Your children went there for tradition. Lots of kids go to different schools for lot of reasons. You having a problem with Deer Park and not Moeller shows what a hypocrite you are. Calling me names and trying to insult me does not change that.
Not a hypocrite- everyone with any sense should have a problem with DP lack of ethics. the only name I called you was a troll which you are and now your "proof" is a mystery QB? I needed the laugh today- you are too much! So much for your expertise in the subject- you couldn't even get the basics facts right about your "friend" and know nothing (while claiming to know everything) about the rules of transfers.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 03-27-18, 02:32 PM
Kballer Kballer is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-03-12
Posts: 2,040
Kballer is on a distinguished road
Humble- I am sure they were granted exemptions, but the problem is one of those players went on television and said he came to the school to play for coach. That is completely against the rules and certainly not an exemption- that is and always will be the issue.

I'm off to enjoy my blessed life...
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 03-27-18, 02:36 PM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 2,779
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
The three kids from Marion Local dancing on the end of the bench tells you everything you need to know about why kids changing schools just for sports is a bad thing. If those kids are at Deer Park, 10 kids moved in.....and took their spots on the team (with kids they've been playing with since they were 5 years old) and those kids are watching from the bleachers....not from the floor of the Schott in what's likely going to be the biggest athletic event of their lives.

I copied this from another poster user name ( Charlie Sheen ) from another forum, hope he does not mind. What about the kids from DP school district that never got their chance to play H.S. bball because of a bunch of transfers, oh well life is not fair is it.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 03-27-18, 02:52 PM
MoeDude's Avatar
MoeDude MoeDude is offline
Save water....drink beer!
 
Join Date: 08-06-01
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Posts: 29,382
MoeDude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purcell til I die View Post
First off you sound like a commercial calm down I know Moeller means the world to you but all of us don’t feel that way...I never said anything bad about their education I’m speaking on why kids who play sports go their...like I said if they were horrible in sports this would not be a conversation because the parents could simply choose the same school where they are more centralized if John Doe wasn’t good at sports what’s the difference between summit an Moeller if I stay on Madison rd Nothing but if my kid is good at sports I will by pass 5 schools to get to Moeller an know one sees anything wrong with this I wish they let public schools operate on this platform because gcl schools would never win again just like the 80’s an early 90’s before they pandered the rules in favor of catholic schools...
Re-read your post I original took issue. It's a lot different than what you are posting this time. As far as Moeller focusing on sports I can't say you are wrong but if you look at all private schools now you will see they are focusing a little more on sports because sports sells. With rising tuition costs the private schools had to find a reason to enhance their appeal. Even St. X has worked on improving their athletics(although they've slipped quite a bit in basketball in recent years). But if you go to St. X's campus look at the money they have invested in their ball fields and stadium. But the impression you gave in your other posts made it sound like sports was the only reason kids were going to Moeller. All I was pointing out is that is a wrong assumption. But on the flip side I won't deny that successful sports programs make a school more attractive. Heck it's true about public schools as well. Back in my day it was Pat Mancuso at Princeton. Every year he seemed to find that quality young man that did not start at Princeton but transferred in and it helped the football program. Colerain was similar under Coombs although with Coombs I give him credit for fostering the desire to go to Colerain through the Little Cards program so that he didn't have the same amount of transfers Mancuso used to get. When Colerain was so dominant under him what public school kid in the northwest area of Cincinnati wouldn't want to play for such a good program. It still lingers on that way today.

Winning attracts winners and money, I won't deny that. With public schools if they need more money they go to the taxpayer. With Private schools they need numbers and one way to attract numbers is to have something appealing, like winning sports teams. But that is not the whole picture as your first post tried to project.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 03-27-18, 03:14 PM
coltfan76 coltfan76 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 07-10-08
Posts: 469
coltfan76 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeDude View Post
Re-read your post I original took issue. It's a lot different than what you are posting this time. As far as Moeller focusing on sports I can't say you are wrong but if you look at all private schools now you will see they are focusing a little more on sports because sports sells. With rising tuition costs the private schools had to find a reason to enhance their appeal. Even St. X has worked on improving their athletics(although they've slipped quite a bit in basketball in recent years). But if you go to St. X's campus look at the money they have invested in their ball fields and stadium. But the impression you gave in your other posts made it sound like sports was the only reason kids were going to Moeller. All I was pointing out is that is a wrong assumption. But on the flip side I won't deny that successful sports programs make a school more attractive. Heck it's true about public schools as well. Back in my day it was Pat Mancuso at Princeton. Every year he seemed to find that quality young man that did not start at Princeton but transferred in and it helped the football program. Colerain was similar under Coombs although with Coombs I give him credit for fostering the desire to go to Colerain through the Little Cards program so that he didn't have the same amount of transfers Mancuso used to get. When Colerain was so dominant under him what public school kid in the northwest area of Cincinnati wouldn't want to play for such a good program. It still lingers on that way today.

Winning attracts winners and money, I won't deny that. With public schools if they need more money they go to the taxpayer. With Private schools they need numbers and one way to attract numbers is to have something appealing, like winning sports teams. But that is not the whole picture as your first post tried to project.
Thank you for being the one Moeller poster with integrity and the ability to tell the truth.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 03-27-18, 03:16 PM
winbypin winbypin is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 8,956
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purcell til I die View Post
First off you sound like a commercial calm down I know Moeller means the world to you but all of us donít feel that way...I never said anything bad about their education Iím speaking on why kids who play sports go their...like I said if they were horrible in sports this would not be a conversation because the parents could simply choose the same school where they are more centralized if John Doe wasnít good at sports whatís the difference between summit an Moeller if I stay on Madison rd Nothing but if my kid is good at sports I will by pass 5 schools to get to Moeller an know one sees anything wrong with this I wish they let public schools operate on this platform because gcl schools would never win again just like the 80ís an early 90ís before they pandered the rules in favor of catholic schools...
Dude....punctuation and grammar can be your friend. You should try it sometime.

Also, over 80% of public schools have open enrollment of some sort. So most can do the same thing as private schools.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 03-27-18, 03:32 PM
Purcell til I die Purcell til I die is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-08-17
Posts: 106
Purcell til I die is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeDude View Post
Re-read your post I original took issue. It's a lot different than what you are posting this time. As far as Moeller focusing on sports I can't say you are wrong but if you look at all private schools now you will see they are focusing a little more on sports because sports sells. With rising tuition costs the private schools had to find a reason to enhance their appeal. Even St. X has worked on improving their athletics(although they've slipped quite a bit in basketball in recent years). But if you go to St. X's campus look at the money they have invested in their ball fields and stadium. But the impression you gave in your other posts made it sound like sports was the only reason kids were going to Moeller. All I was pointing out is that is a wrong assumption. But on the flip side I won't deny that successful sports programs make a school more attractive. Heck it's true about public schools as well. Back in my day it was Pat Mancuso at Princeton. Every year he seemed to find that quality young man that did not start at Princeton but transferred in and it helped the football program. Colerain was similar under Coombs although with Coombs I give him credit for fostering the desire to go to Colerain through the Little Cards program so that he didn't have the same amount of transfers Mancuso used to get. When Colerain was so dominant under him what public school kid in the northwest area of Cincinnati wouldn't want to play for such a good program. It still lingers on that way today.

Winning attracts winners and money, I won't deny that. With public schools if they need more money they go to the taxpayer. With Private schools they need numbers and one way to attract numbers is to have something appealing, like winning sports teams. But that is not the whole picture as your first post tried to project.
Ok then their is no difference in deer park then because that community was in need of something positive just because you donít like how it was done or the way it feels does not mean itís wrong or you should not be able to question accomplishments of another school but not your own when catholic schools are using dollars an resources that might not be ideal but itís within in their power all Iím saying is all these successful schools bend rules an stretch the truth why is this one school the only being talked about..an itís because itís something new an not the norm..if I was highschool coach I would be recruiting too like they all do that day of neighborhood kids staying in neighborhood school has long passed..then I see people say what about the kids at dp that been waiting too play their whole life at dp...itís called working on your game Iím sure Moeller cuts decent kids every year that dreamed of playin for Moeller their whole lives what about those kids smh...not directed towards you but itís a bunch of foolery on this post mix with hate on dp anybody with 2 eyes can see that ...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIII Semifinal: Cleveland Heights Lutheran East (14-13) vs. Cin. Deer Park (27-0) Yappi Boys Basketball 57 03-24-18 01:39 PM
DIII Kettering Regional Semifinal: Deer Park (25-0) vs Purcell-Marian (20-6) Yappi Boys Basketball 21 03-14-18 06:56 PM
Game Day: Cincinnati Deer Park (Division VI) vs Cincinnatiti Hughes (Division IV) IUDOGS Football 0 08-23-17 09:06 AM
Deer Park Football Eagles123 Football 64 06-28-17 11:34 AM
Any News on a New Head Football Coach at Cincinnati Deer Park???? IUDOGS Football 5 06-13-17 05:46 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz