Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-19-18, 04:53 PM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 2,722
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
Beachwood Job Open: Jon Mannarino resigns.

It's being reported that the Beachwood head basketball job is open as Jon Mannarino's leave of absence is now a resignation. It's being reported he was an administration leave of absence which is why he did not coach in the postseason. The reason is the blanket statement you always hear "wants to spend more time with the family". Im sure IF there is more to the story and why he was on leave will come out. Not a bad job. They have had some pretty good squads the last few years. I'm sure there will be plenty of quality candidates.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 03-19-18, 09:28 PM
brusharc1986 brusharc1986 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-06-17
Posts: 124
brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
It's being reported that the Beachwood head basketball job is open as Jon Mannarino's leave of absence is now a resignation. It's being reported he was an administration leave of absence which is why he did not coach in the postseason. The reason is the blanket statement you always hear "wants to spend more time with the family". Im sure IF there is more to the story and why he was on leave will come out. Not a bad job. They have had some pretty good squads the last few years. I'm sure there will be plenty of quality candidates.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Just a minute now, Mannarinoís semi-retired and now you want more of the story to come out? Because I know you are a serious man, Iíll see what I can find out. If it is important to you that the truth be put out here on Yappi I will see if any of my contacts can clue me in.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-20-18, 06:55 AM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 2,722
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
It always seems like when a coach leaves before the season is over or coaches all year and all of a sudden needs to spend more time with the family - something is up. Why would you coach all year and be away from home and then leave before the playoffs ? That happened a few years ago at CCC as well and the same line was given - yet that was nowhere near the real reason. Just seems odd that a coach would bail like that for no reason. If a coach leaves by his own choice it's normally done at seasons end.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-20-18, 10:21 AM
brusharc1986 brusharc1986 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-06-17
Posts: 124
brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
It always seems like when a coach leaves before the season is over or coaches all year and all of a sudden needs to spend more time with the family - something is up. Why would you coach all year and be away from home and then leave before the playoffs ? That happened a few years ago at CCC as well and the same line was given - yet that was nowhere near the real reason. Just seems odd that a coach would bail like that for no reason. If a coach leaves by his own choice it's normally done at seasons end.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
What if a coach is forbidden from starting a season? Why would you prepare all off-season and then not start the season as the head coach? That happened a few years ago and I'm not sure what line was given there, yet we know that was nowhere near the real reason. It just seems odd that a coach would bail on his team at the start of a season. If a coach doesn't start a season by his own choice it it's normally done at season's end too.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-20-18, 11:28 AM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 2,722
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm pretty sure the coach in question returned to reach a state final that season and is still there. He returned to his team.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-20-18, 11:53 AM
brusharc1986 brusharc1986 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-06-17
Posts: 124
brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
I'm pretty sure the coach in question returned to reach a state final that season and is still there. He returned to his team.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
I'm not sure what coach it was, but would you be so adamant that details be made public on this forum the way you are here? If so, we can unearth some information there as well. I mean, it seems kind of disingenuous to request information in one occurrence while not holding yourself to those same lofty standards. I know...I know....let's just move on.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-20-18, 08:19 PM
MugnMaul78 MugnMaul78 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-25-10
Posts: 776
MugnMaul78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by brusharc1986 View Post
I'm not sure what coach it was, but would you be so adamant that details be made public on this forum the way you are here? If so, we can unearth some information there as well. I mean, it seems kind of disingenuous to request information in one occurrence while not holding yourself to those same lofty standards. I know...I know....let's just move on.
For once I agree with Brusharc. Whatever it is, it is, not good to speculate. If we go down this road, where does it stop? Next thing people will be questioning why other people leave their positions mid season, you know, janitors, teachers, administrators, AD's, and so on. It never stops. So let's just move on. Good luck to Mannarino in his retirement. He's a good coach and I know our team enjoyed the rivalry.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-20-18, 09:48 PM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 2,722
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
Any idea of who the replacement might be ? Any candidates you think will be a good fit ?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-22-18, 07:36 AM
brusharc1986 brusharc1986 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-06-17
Posts: 124
brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
It's obvious my prior post may have struck a nerve. It just sheds some light on who you really are Bball216 and Mug. You throw out some garbage and the rats come out. Your panties get in a bunch. Again actions speak louder than words. Your actions show that trying to erase the post I made was BS. Would you like me to post the questions again?


All that was done was lay out the ground rules for someone to be fired instead of taking a leave of absence and you two guys think it is all about you. C’mon buddies, any rational person knows that Mannarino was railroaded by parents and the influential people in Beachwood don’t have the backbone to act with character. Is this a news flash about Beachwood? The same thing has been going on there for 20 or more years.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-22-18, 09:10 AM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 2,722
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
You can post whatever you would like. It's more of a reflection on you then it is anybody else. You and the rest of the Benedict Arnold's always do. I'm not sure how much if any of what you posted and removed was true or false because it's only your side of the story. Everybody in Viking Village knows you guys had and have an agenda. If some of those things were true and it caused the people to leave that did and the AD to resign - it was well worth it. We have a new caring AD, the incoming class has nice numbers and 130+ 7th graders shadowed last week including my daughter and several of her friends. Things are good. We miss none of the people that are gone. In fact many are happy. Even people who still communicate with the former AD are not unhappy he is gone. They were nervous at first but now that they see how smooth everything is going even they realize that the job was to big for the former AD. Might have been a good husband, father and friend to some - just not a good AD. That is ok.

As for Beachwood why wait until the season is reaching the end to put him on leave. How is that conducive to the kids having any success. Why rock the boat before the playoffs. That was really the only point I was trying make. The coach has been away from his family all season and pre season - what is a few more weeks at this point. I don't think parents are a problem just at Beachwood. Iggy had an issue a few years ago as did Richmond Heights. It's happening everywhere. The McKinley coach just left because of parents - shocking. This problem is unfortunately getting worse nationwide.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-22-18, 10:46 AM
MugnMaul78 MugnMaul78 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-25-10
Posts: 776
MugnMaul78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by brusharc1986 View Post
It's obvious my prior post may have struck a nerve. It just sheds some light on who you really are Bball216 and Mug. You throw out some garbage and the rats come out. Your panties get in a bunch. Again actions speak louder than words. Your actions show that trying to erase the post I made was BS. Would you like me to post the questions again?


All that was done was lay out the ground rules for someone to be fired instead of taking a leave of absence and you two guys think it is all about you. Címon buddies, any rational person knows that Mannarino was railroaded by parents and the influential people in Beachwood donít have the backbone to act with character. Is this a news flash about Beachwood? The same thing has been going on there for 20 or more years.
Actually, I was disappointed it was taken down because my response on your shortcomings was going to be epic. Apparently someone else found it inappropriate.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-22-18, 10:52 AM
brusharc1986 brusharc1986 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-06-17
Posts: 124
brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MugnMaul78 View Post
Actually, I was disappointed it was taken down because my response on your shortcomings was going to be epic. Apparently someone else found it inappropriate.
Oh yeah? Have at it...

In the spirit of fair play we can proceed a bit.

Here are some questions to ask:
1. Did he put on a Hall of Fame dinner and blame everyone else when it produced no funds to support the school?
2. Did he berate his administration in a public and humiliating fashion leading to an ultimatum as to whether he should be fired or take that leave of absence?
3. Did he threaten to fire his father if he worked in the bookstore?
4. Did he ostracize his own brother and falsify rumors of him wanting to steal his head coaching job in order to fabricate lies about his own self-worth and value?
5. Did he threaten to take a job offer from University School that never actually existed?
6. Did he admonish a valued member of the maintenance department that is also an alumni?
7. Did he blame the athletic director for sabotaging the program, when in fact, he was actually trying to mask his own indiscretions?
8. Did he attempt to besmirch his former laywer and friend that saved his job in the community by alleging that he was attempting a hair-brained coup?
9. Did he slander the current/former/and past football coaches accusing them of working against the basketball program in a variety of capacities?
10. Did he attempt to cancel a game with his rival school out of fear for his family safety?

If the answer is yes to any one of these questions then he absolutely deserves to be removed from a leadership position in Beachwood. If the answer is No to all 10 of these evaluative measures then I fail to see how Coach Mannarino could no longer be the Head Coach at Beachwood given his track record of success and passion for the game. Just my two centsÖ
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-22-18, 11:05 AM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 2,722
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtsfan247 View Post
So BBall, is this a good job in your opinion? Also, when will they post this job?

Could be unless the parents are that big of an issue. Don't know much about them other than they get some good players in there and their academic standards are higher then the OHSAA. They are D3 so it's a bit easier to advance come playoff time. They had a team two years ago as talented as anybody in Ohio. I would say this job is not elite but it is absoultely above average.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-22-18, 01:11 PM
MugnMaul78 MugnMaul78 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-25-10
Posts: 776
MugnMaul78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by brusharc1986 View Post
Oh yeah? Have at it...

In the spirit of fair play we can proceed a bit.

Here are some questions to ask:
1. Did he put on a Hall of Fame dinner and blame everyone else when it produced no funds to support the school?
2. Did he berate his administration in a public and humiliating fashion leading to an ultimatum as to whether he should be fired or take that leave of absence?
3. Did he threaten to fire his father if he worked in the bookstore?
4. Did he ostracize his own brother and falsify rumors of him wanting to steal his head coaching job in order to fabricate lies about his own self-worth and value?
5. Did he threaten to take a job offer from University School that never actually existed?
6. Did he admonish a valued member of the maintenance department that is also an alumni?
7. Did he blame the athletic director for sabotaging the program, when in fact, he was actually trying to mask his own indiscretions?
8. Did he attempt to besmirch his former laywer and friend that saved his job in the community by alleging that he was attempting a hair-brained coup?
9. Did he slander the current/former/and past football coaches accusing them of working against the basketball program in a variety of capacities?
10. Did he attempt to cancel a game with his rival school out of fear for his family safety?

If the answer is yes to any one of these questions then he absolutely deserves to be removed from a leadership position in Beachwood. If the answer is No to all 10 of these evaluative measures then I fail to see how Coach Mannarino could no longer be the Head Coach at Beachwood given his track record of success and passion for the game. Just my two centsÖ
Thanks for the repost because I didn't screen shot before. Thanks for confirming you are incompetent and should have been fired a long time ago. Yes I will enjoy the I told you so.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-22-18, 02:05 PM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 2,722
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
Fired or never hired ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-22-18, 02:07 PM
FlannMann87 FlannMann87 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 01-31-18
Posts: 48
FlannMann87 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MugnMaul78 View Post
Thanks for the repost because I didn't screen shot before. Thanks for confirming you are incompetent and should have been fired a long time ago. Yes I will enjoy the I told you so.
EPIC!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-22-18, 02:23 PM
MugnMaul78 MugnMaul78 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-25-10
Posts: 776
MugnMaul78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlannMann87 View Post
EPIC!
My comments were to have him repost. He's too stupid to know when to shut up.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-22-18, 02:27 PM
MugnMaul78 MugnMaul78 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-25-10
Posts: 776
MugnMaul78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
Fired or never hired ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Coach's first mistake.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-22-18, 06:18 PM
brusharc1986 brusharc1986 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-06-17
Posts: 124
brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MugnMaul78 View Post
Thanks for the repost because I didn't screen shot before. Thanks for confirming you are incompetent and should have been fired a long time ago. Yes I will enjoy the I told you so.

Shucks, you sly old son of a gun Mug. You tricked me again into posting 10 questions that deserve honest answers that sadly you know the answers to and so does everyone else embarrassingly. Epic in nature.

To be clear, what you are doing is screen shotting posts from a Brush1986 grad and taking them to the president and the principal of your school and alleging that it is actually the former AD that is doing the posts? Very rich.

The saddest part of that is you think this kind of information isnít in the mainstream already, henceforth, displaying your rotund ignorance. I mean, when you take that screen shot to them what are they going to say? Are they going to give you a $25 credit to the bookstore for a new polo for unraveling the big surprise? Maybe, just maybe, they are going to nod at you and acknowledge your presence before realizing when you leave how insane your defense of the indefensible has become.

Do me a favor and dispel any of the 10 of those offenses listed, any one of them? Iíll reveal my true identity to you on the Gym entrance steps tomorrow if you can.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-23-18, 11:39 AM
brusharc1986 brusharc1986 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-06-17
Posts: 124
brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
Well, I haven't heard from you guys in response to my 10 questions. I had planned to meet you on the gym steps today but the hour is growing late and the likelihood of an honest response is whittling narrow. The questions seemed pretty simple, but perhaps waiting for a response from Babe on how to respond takes a while.

I'll tell you what, I'll grab a cup of matzoh ball soup and perhaps one of those tasty gyros they fashion at Gus' 185th St. Diner and wait a bit longer. I do have some errands to run today checking in some apartment property I manage so I will be out and about but I can't wait forever.

I do hope we can meet today, I look forward to hearing about how the administration responded to your screen shots and conspiracy theories.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-23-18, 11:41 AM
brusharc1986 brusharc1986 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-06-17
Posts: 124
brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
By the way, Beachwood is a terrible job. The turnover on coaches there is worse than the Cleveland Browns. Parents are ridiculous and they will harpoon a coach as soon as the lynch mob forms. It is a shame because there has been good players there over the last decade+ but they cannot retain a quality coach for more than a few years at a time.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-23-18, 01:06 PM
MugnMaul78 MugnMaul78 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-25-10
Posts: 776
MugnMaul78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by brusharc1986 View Post
Well, I haven't heard from you guys in response to my 10 questions. I had planned to meet you on the gym steps today but the hour is growing late and the likelihood of an honest response is whittling narrow. The questions seemed pretty simple, but perhaps waiting for a response from Babe on how to respond takes a while.

I'll tell you what, I'll grab a cup of matzoh ball soup and perhaps one of those tasty gyros they fashion at Gus' 185th St. Diner and wait a bit longer. I do have some errands to run today checking in some apartment property I manage so I will be out and about but I can't wait forever.

I do hope we can meet today, I look forward to hearing about how the administration responded to your screen shots and conspiracy theories.
Wow, look at you on the ball and being all responsive. You know, if you would have done this when you had a job, you still might have a job. I am sorry for the delay but some of us have jobs and are working so no time to meet or for soup for me.

Sure, what the heck, I'll answer the questions that I am able and give you my opinion on the others.

Here are some questions to ask:
1. Did he put on a Hall of Fame dinner and blame everyone else when it produced no funds to support the school? - Yes he put on an incredible Hall of Fame night, almost single handled, with the exception of one other great alumni who jumped in the last few weeks. The Hall of Fame night was NEVER supposed to raise funds that night. The Hall of Fame night was a long overdue tribute to honor these men and the 69' football team and announce plans for expansion of sports facilities. It was also to reengage the honorees and the many of alums in attendance. By everyone's account the night surpassed all expectations. It wasn't until a couple of weeks before the event that the President tried to add that to the night which at the very least would have been tacky in the eyes of many alums including me. We weren't there to write checks that night and the President was a fool for even attempting to raise money that night. IF Babe objected to turning the Hall of Fame night into a fund raiser, he was the only one who had any sense.

2. Did he berate his administration in a public and humiliating fashion leading to an ultimatum as to whether he should be fired or take that leave of absence? - Since I wasn't there and apparently you were, I will take your word on it, however your disclosure, if accurate, would violate several employment laws. I will say this though, considering his immediate supervisor was incompetent and the former president was impotent (my opinion of both of them), I wouldn't have blamed him. If I was in the room, I would have done the same. What is interesting is that the only people who didn't care for Babe's expectations of excellence were the people who weren't doing their jobs yet all of the significant people and alums who donate and cut the checks did. That tells you the disconnect between people just collecting their check and those writing the checks. It also explains BBall's previously quoted numbers showing a significant reduction in donations since Babe's departure from the advancement department. Thankfully he is still employed as Coach and doing a fantastic job and thankfully you are not.

3. Did he threaten to fire his father if he worked in the bookstore? - I have no idea but I come from the school of thought that family relationships are complex and difficult and whatever happened or didn't happen is not my concern or yours. My hope would be that good people would stay out of their relationship and let them work it out as they have too. Since his dad has been by his side coaching the last 2 years, if there were problems, they worked it out.

4. Did he ostracize his own brother and falsify rumors of him wanting to steal his head coaching job in order to fabricate lies about his own self-worth and value? - See above.

5. Did he threaten to take a job offer from University School that never actually existed? - I have no idea. I will take your word on it, however your disclosure, if accurate, would violate several employment laws.

6. Did he admonish a valued member of the maintenance department that is also an alumni? - Do you mean that big tough guy that heads up the maintenance dept? If so, he's a good man and if he can dish it out, I am sure he can take it. He's not a snowflake like you. This is the same guy who has no problem dishing it out to other personnel in the building and whatever discussion there was, it sounds like he got it back and it was settled and they moved on. I am sure he is just fine. Real men will M F each other and then get over it and go have a beer. Wussy's will get their panties in a bunch and then go on twitter or pretend to be a Jewish Brush alumni on Yappi.

7. Did he blame the athletic director for sabotaging the program, when in fact, he was actually trying to mask his own indiscretions? - Again, I wasn't there but in light of apparently confidential information that appeared on twitter to third parties and the compromised employment legal issues, if what you say is true, it sounds like coach was on target.

8. Did he attempt to besmirch his former laywer and friend that saved his job in the community by alleging that he was attempting a hair-brained coup? - see response to question 7.

9. Did he slander the current/former/and past football coaches accusing them of working against the basketball program in a variety of capacities? - Not to my knowledge. That comment is rich though considering it was the AD who forced out the legendary former football coach, who promised another alumni coach the football position 3 times and then reneged because he couldn't deliver on that promise, and then treated another tremendous alumni and football coach candidate with complete disrespect. Regarding the current coach, he is a great guy and doing a great job, and Babe and him have a great relationship.

10. Did he attempt to cancel a game with his rival school out of fear for his family safety? - Again, I wasn't there. I will take your word on it, however your disclosure, if accurate, would violate several employment laws. If it did happen, it would be understandable considering the conduct of one of the other coaches at a game the prior year.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-23-18, 04:36 PM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 2,722
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
Mug. Spot on. It's a good thing you did not go to meet him. A) he is a liar and would not show and B) he is not driving all the way from NJ to meet you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-24-18, 10:09 AM
brusharc1986 brusharc1986 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-06-17
Posts: 124
brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MugnMaul78 View Post
Wow, look at you on the ball and being all responsive. You know, if you would have done this when you had a job, you still might have a job. I am sorry for the delay but some of us have jobs and are working so no time to meet or for soup for me.

Sure, what the heck, I'll answer the questions that I am able and give you my opinion on the others.

Here are some questions to ask:
1. Did he put on a Hall of Fame dinner and blame everyone else when it produced no funds to support the school? - Yes he put on an incredible Hall of Fame night, almost single handled, with the exception of one other great alumni who jumped in the last few weeks. The Hall of Fame night was NEVER supposed to raise funds that night. The Hall of Fame night was a long overdue tribute to honor these men and the 69' football team and announce plans for expansion of sports facilities. It was also to reengage the honorees and the many of alums in attendance. By everyone's account the night surpassed all expectations. It wasn't until a couple of weeks before the event that the President tried to add that to the night which at the very least would have been tacky in the eyes of many alums including me. We weren't there to write checks that night and the President was a fool for even attempting to raise money that night. IF Babe objected to turning the Hall of Fame night into a fund raiser, he was the only one who had any sense.

2. Did he berate his administration in a public and humiliating fashion leading to an ultimatum as to whether he should be fired or take that leave of absence? - Since I wasn't there and apparently you were, I will take your word on it, however your disclosure, if accurate, would violate several employment laws. I will say this though, considering his immediate supervisor was incompetent and the former president was impotent (my opinion of both of them), I wouldn't have blamed him. If I was in the room, I would have done the same. What is interesting is that the only people who didn't care for Babe's expectations of excellence were the people who weren't doing their jobs yet all of the significant people and alums who donate and cut the checks did. That tells you the disconnect between people just collecting their check and those writing the checks. It also explains BBall's previously quoted numbers showing a significant reduction in donations since Babe's departure from the advancement department. Thankfully he is still employed as Coach and doing a fantastic job and thankfully you are not.

3. Did he threaten to fire his father if he worked in the bookstore? - I have no idea but I come from the school of thought that family relationships are complex and difficult and whatever happened or didn't happen is not my concern or yours. My hope would be that good people would stay out of their relationship and let them work it out as they have too. Since his dad has been by his side coaching the last 2 years, if there were problems, they worked it out.

4. Did he ostracize his own brother and falsify rumors of him wanting to steal his head coaching job in order to fabricate lies about his own self-worth and value? - See above.

5. Did he threaten to take a job offer from University School that never actually existed? - I have no idea. I will take your word on it, however your disclosure, if accurate, would violate several employment laws.

6. Did he admonish a valued member of the maintenance department that is also an alumni? - Do you mean that big tough guy that heads up the maintenance dept? If so, he's a good man and if he can dish it out, I am sure he can take it. He's not a snowflake like you. This is the same guy who has no problem dishing it out to other personnel in the building and whatever discussion there was, it sounds like he got it back and it was settled and they moved on. I am sure he is just fine. Real men will M F each other and then get over it and go have a beer. Wussy's will get their panties in a bunch and then go on twitter or pretend to be a Jewish Brush alumni on Yappi.

7. Did he blame the athletic director for sabotaging the program, when in fact, he was actually trying to mask his own indiscretions? - Again, I wasn't there but in light of apparently confidential information that appeared on twitter to third parties and the compromised employment legal issues, if what you say is true, it sounds like coach was on target.

8. Did he attempt to besmirch his former laywer and friend that saved his job in the community by alleging that he was attempting a hair-brained coup? - see response to question 7.

9. Did he slander the current/former/and past football coaches accusing them of working against the basketball program in a variety of capacities? - Not to my knowledge. That comment is rich though considering it was the AD who forced out the legendary former football coach, who promised another alumni coach the football position 3 times and then reneged because he couldn't deliver on that promise, and then treated another tremendous alumni and football coach candidate with complete disrespect. Regarding the current coach, he is a great guy and doing a great job, and Babe and him have a great relationship.

10. Did he attempt to cancel a game with his rival school out of fear for his family safety? - Again, I wasn't there. I will take your word on it, however your disclosure, if accurate, would violate several employment laws. If it did happen, it would be understandable considering the conduct of one of the other coaches at a game the prior year.
1. So what you are saying is the Advancement Director at the time ran an event that was designed not for the purpose of raising money but for the purpose honoring those great alums who already were enshrined in another school hall of fame? Iíll buy it. Maybe they should just hire him back in as Advancement Director since the only two people that were against him are gone now, the AD and former President?
2. Iíve never worked inside that school, but I do know if there is an expectation of excellence on Babeís part then he should be working inside that building. Screen shot this one also and ask Csank and Cervenik why they wouldnít want that competitive attitude inside those walls?
3. Itís the bookstore. What a farce. Beginning of the end.
4. Ok, Iíll buy it. It was awful that TJ tried to steal Babeís job. The school should support Babe if he doesnít want to play Euclid anymore. The new AD should do more to support him.
5. What employment law am I violating? Are you going to make me pay?
6. Real men MF each other in a workplace environment employed by the Cleveland Catholic Diocese? Ok, Iíll buy that too. Impressive picture of the workplace environment you are painting. Iím sure the admin appreciates you laying that out there. Also, did you just call me a Wussy? Are you bullying me on Yappi? Or is that a false threat like the threats the administration have to fluff off every other week from Babe?
7. I have no idea what confidential information you are talking about. My information comes from no one currently or formerly employed by the school. Sadly, you think the former AD is involved but you couldnít be more wrong.
8. Babe told you that story and you believed him. It is one of many fairy tales you slobber away to at night. While we are getting down to it, I wasnít there, so I canít answer but why was the young man from Hudson thrown off the team? Were you spoon fed a story on that one too?
9. There isnít enough time on this thread to break that amount of crap into pieces so I can flush it. Thatís for another time, but letís not throw stones on that one if you live in a glass house.
10. Agreed, why canít the AD and administration support Babe and get that game cancelled?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-28-18, 08:49 AM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 2,722
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have not heard anything. This is usually the time of the year coaches decide if they want to return, apply for other jobs or are released from their current position. I would imagine most schools will fill their openings in the next few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-10-18, 10:35 AM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 2,722
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks like the former coach Miller is returning. This will make for a seamless transition and the Bisons should not miss a beat. Miller had Beachwood a few seconds from regionals a few seasons ago. This is as good a hire as they could have made.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 Unknown/Open Week EagleFan Football 56 04-18-18 12:39 PM
2018 Unknown/Open Weeks - Updated 2/2 EagleFan Football 109 02-27-18 06:10 PM
Wrestlers- The Beachwood Brawl is Sunday, Feb. 25th! Youth Open, Rookie & MS Div AWC Open Wrestling 0 02-22-18 03:47 PM
Princeton Vikings Job OPEN? Vinegar Boys Basketball 19 07-23-17 09:26 AM
SUMMER WRESTLING MAKES WINTER CHAMPIONS! Open Mats at Beachwood High School BWBisonCoach Wrestling 0 05-18-17 12:01 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz