Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-20-18, 11:40 AM
All Region

dadXgtm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtsfan247 View Post
Again, the district I work in may be different. However, discipline in schools is usually set. If a kid fights there is a set discipline. If a kid is written up a first time there is a set discipline. ETC.

The DOS does not come up with punishments. The DOS of students follows the district discipline management plan. While dealing with adolescents, I think a coach is very well equipped to deal with adolescents especially with discipline. In fact, some could make the argument a coach is better equipped to handle discipline than some teachers.
Yappi is just brimming with adolescents, most of them are well over 18.
Old 03-20-18, 01:59 PM
All Ohio

Look Ma No Hands is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by foul ball View Post
Blackledge should have never gotten the job in the first place. It was a joke right from the start. The whole thing had failure written all over it. The BOE and administration must be weak for letting this happen. Not only is he a football guy but his other lines of work don't allow him to spend the time needed to run a sound program. Am I also correct in saying that he had been upset about a previous coach who his son played under? Guess he showed everyone how it's done. Another sad story in high school sports and parental involvement.
I was always puzzled with this hire, especially when they fired a hall of fame coach to do it...

Do you think they hired him because ...
1) Name recognition?
2) To keep his sons in district?
3) Afraid that he was too influential in the community to not hire him?
Old 03-20-18, 02:10 PM
Varsity

farnsworth420 is on a distinguished road
4) all of the above
Old 03-20-18, 02:17 PM
Junior Varsity

buchtalgriffs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Look Ma No Hands View Post
I was always puzzled with this hire, especially when they fired a hall of fame coach to do it...

Do you think they hired him because ...
1) Name recognition?
2) To keep his sons in district?
3) Afraid that he was too influential in the community to not hire him?
There were complaints against Montgomery because he was "too harsh". So they wanted to bring in the kinder and gentler coach. And you see where that has gotten them.
Old 03-20-18, 02:26 PM
All World

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Monty ran a GREAT program from the bottom up,all you had to see was the little people ball program.Cry baby parents with their sweetie pie precious spoiled future stars.
Old 03-20-18, 04:53 PM
All District

ejc1998
Send a message via AIM to ejc1998
Quote:
Originally Posted by buchtalgriffs View Post
There were complaints against Montgomery because he was "too harsh". So they wanted to bring in the kinder and gentler coach. And you see where that has gotten them.
It’s amazing how much damage the idiot previous superintendent did and the nutso parents that were chirping in the BOEs’ ears. When I was in school in the late 90’s we were proud of our tough coaches and winning in every sport! It’s just amazing to me how quickly things fell apart.
Old 03-20-18, 05:22 PM
All Yappi

ohiopup is on a distinguished road
Parents

:>---
Old 03-20-18, 08:24 PM
All World

ccrunner4815 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymo View Post
monty ran a great program from the bottom up,all you had to see was the little people ball program.cry baby parents with their sweetie pie precious spoiled future stars.
bam !!
Old 03-20-18, 08:29 PM
Varsity

foul ball is on a distinguished road
In regard to Montgomery being too harsh. Kids need more harsh because they don't get it at home . Plain and simple.
Old 03-21-18, 10:12 AM
All American

my2sense is on a distinguished road
I know its not in Yappi's culture, but you may want to wait on some more details coming out (if the family chooses to release them) before you slam the Blackledges. Or if you just need to be the a hole, carry on as you have been.
Old 03-23-18, 11:06 AM
All District

summit county player is on a distinguished road
Didn't blackledge lead hoover to like a 19-4 record last yr including a win over the state champs?? Give the guy a break! No one would win in the federal league losing their top 2 players!
Old 03-23-18, 12:39 PM
Moderated User

Rusty Anchor is an unknown quantity at this point
I heard Lee Corso was the favorite for the job with Colin Cowherd close behind...
Old 03-23-18, 02:34 PM
All American

The name I have heard (just talk for now) would be a shocker. Former successful Stark player and coach but no Hoover ties.
Old 03-23-18, 05:27 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Anchor View Post
I heard Lee Corso was the favorite for the job with Colin Cowherd close behind...
If Corso agrees to wear the Viking mascot head during warmups he's hired.
Old 03-23-18, 07:41 PM
All American

Hayden Fox is an unknown quantity at this point
Top names Iím hearing

1.) Kevin McBride
2.) Matt Hackenberg
3.) Tim Walker (may take the job himself)
4.) Scott Giamarco
5.) Adam Hall
Old 03-23-18, 09:21 PM
All District

doublestack is on a distinguished road
A couple questions here:
Why would Hackenberg risk applying for the job knowing GO was very generous in creating a very nice job for him. Hypothetically, if he were to apply, what would happen if he didn’t get it? Would GO powers to be be OK with that? I think we have to be careful here in throwing his name out there. It is a little unfair to Hackenberg and GO, especially since we don’t even know who has applied. With Hoover in financial crisis, how could they justify
creating a job for a non-educator? I could see a teaching job, but not a non- educator.

Why not hire Stengle? He has been on bench for over 10 years. He knows the league, coaches, and what it takes commitment wise to win in this league. The kids really like him- give the guy a shot.

With Tim Walker, why even open the job, then, if he was going to be appointed head coach. Seems a bit counterproductive to hold interviews if you know he is getting the job. Not sure how an administrator can also be a head coach. Wouldn’t the program be going back to the same problem with the HC not having enough time to give the program 100%?

Last question: Who the He!! Is Adam Hall?
Old 03-23-18, 09:25 PM
All American

Hayden Fox is an unknown quantity at this point
Adam Hall is the coach at Strasburg
Old 03-24-18, 07:47 AM
All American

Hayden!! You're back. Haven't heard from you since the Copley blowout.

The culture at NC right now makes coaching hires a difficult endeavor.
Old 03-24-18, 07:56 AM
All Region

jacmckvik
Hall would be a great hire.
Old 03-25-18, 01:53 PM
All Ohio

WhatsupDoc
It sounds like Hoover my have to settle for hiring one of the people in the program. Doesn't sound like there will any teaching openings. So it will probably be Stangle, sounds like he's been with the program for a while.
It could be the the guy who runs the Youth program, I think the name is Marshall??? Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. Or Walker may end up having to take over. It would be nice to get someone who has head coaching experience. Good Luck to ever gets it.
Old 03-25-18, 02:35 PM
All American

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Hayden!! You're back. Haven't heard from you since the Copley blowout.

The culture at NC right now makes coaching hires a difficult endeavor.
What exactly is that culture ?
Old 03-28-18, 11:17 AM
All District

AllBoutHoops is on a distinguished road
With all due respect, winning a district championship in a weak D4 district with what many considered to be an all-time great class after most people would say the team underachieved most of the regular season would not point to someone ready to rebuild a program in the Fed. And the Glenoak coach hasn't exactly set the world on fire at Glenoak, has he? To me, that program shows no development in the two years he's been there. If those are Walkers options, he would be wise to take the job himself. That program needs someone who has shown an ability to build a public school program from the bottom up. None of the names on this list has done that. Of course the next coach also will need the district to give him time, clearly not a strong suit for the Hoover administration. This is a dangerous job for whoever gets it.
Old 03-29-18, 11:59 PM
All District

Red Right 88 is on a distinguished road
Blackledge did his job. He provided stability and calmness to a program that needed it. A North Canton guy was needed to follow Montgomery. It's easier to get a coach to follow the coach who followed Montgomery versus to get a coach to follow Montgomery.

Monty was an eh hole who won 500+ games. He was able to leverage that success into getting the head gig at West Branch. Lol!! Who goes to West Branch on purpose? He'll continue to win home & away games against Little House on the Prairie while living in scenic Beloit and North Canton will do just fine in finding a new coach.
Old 03-30-18, 02:15 PM
All District

tndog is on a distinguished road
Hall is a heck of a coach
Old 03-30-18, 03:45 PM
All Region

Curious One is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Right 88 View Post
Blackledge did his job. He provided stability and calmness to a program that needed it. A North Canton guy was needed to follow Montgomery. It's easier to get a coach to follow the coach who followed Montgomery versus to get a coach to follow Montgomery.

Monty was an eh hole who won 500+ games. He was able to leverage that success into getting the head gig at West Branch. Lol!! Who goes to West Branch on purpose? He'll continue to win home & away games against Little House on the Prairie while living in scenic Beloit and North Canton will do just fine in finding a new coach.
Agree 100%! Watched Monty during a couple of shoot-outs, not good for kids!
Old 03-30-18, 06:38 PM
All District

ejc1998
Send a message via AIM to ejc1998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious One View Post
Agree 100%! Watched Monty during a couple of shoot-outs, not good for kids!

Can you give specific examples of things he did that you would consider not good for kids? Also, have you spoken with his former players to understand if they agree with you?
Old 03-30-18, 10:47 PM
All Ohio

Look Ma No Hands is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejc1998 View Post
Can you give specific examples of things he did that you would consider not good for kids? Also, have you spoken with his former players to understand if they agree with you?
Only the ones who didn't care about really being good. Only the ones who didn't like being held accountable. Only the ones who diddn't really want to work on their game... or who were "already good enough" and didn't need to get better. Or the ones who weren't even good enough to play, but thought they should play. It's amazing what those guys will say.

And misery loves company, so those guys (and their parents) rally together because it HAS to be the coach's fault.
Old 03-31-18, 12:33 AM
All District

1 time is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the milliniums and the helicopter parents ! Liberals are still in control in most of the little and big burgs of this country athletically. God bless most coaches ! Most coaching life is very short.
Old 03-31-18, 10:39 AM
All District

tndog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Look Ma No Hands View Post
Only the ones who didn't care about really being good. Only the ones who didn't like being held accountable. Only the ones who diddn't really want to work on their game... or who were "already good enough" and didn't need to get better. Or the ones who weren't even good enough to play, but thought they should play. It's amazing what those guys will say.

And misery loves company, so those guys (and their parents) rally together because it HAS to be the coach's fault.
Nailed it!!
Old 03-31-18, 05:14 PM
Varsity

sheldoncooper is on a distinguished road
How dare a coach raise his voice, be demanding, correct what needs corrected, instill discipline and accountability ... wouldn't want my kid playing for someone that does those things .....