Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-13-18, 10:15 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 111411 View Post
I wasn't able to attend.

Kingpin, you've always seemed like a level headed poster. Your reflection of the fourth quarter...........

Average Joe?
Left the game late 3rd quarter as I worked late and was in need of a late dinner and the game was no longer in balance, so I can't comment. There was some back and forth at times between some Sebring fans and McDonald coaches, which I wasn't a fan of (Just ignore the fans) before hand so tensions were rising. Unfortunate if what was said happened, no need for that.
Old 02-13-18, 10:24 PM
All World

Anyways back to basketball, the league did very well tonight against out of conference opponents. Reserve got a good win against a tough Rootstown squad. Lowellville continued to win with a W over EP, Springfield and Jackson-Milton both had double digit wins as well.

1. McDonald 18-1 (13-0)
2. Lowellville 17-3 (11-2)
3. Western Reserve 13-6 (9-4)
4. Springfield 12-7 (9-5)
5. Waterloo 6-11 (5-8)
6. Mineral Ridge 6-15 (4-10)
7. Sebring 7-13 (3-11)
8. Jackson-Milton 1-18 (0-14)
Old 02-14-18, 04:43 PM
All Yappi

111411 is on a distinguished road
I was not able to attend the game because of a medical issue, but after watching high school basketball since the late 60's and knowing the histories, here's my take.

I've known Brookgym for a long time. He's one of the most level-headed, well-spoken, easy going guys you'll ever want to meet. If he says it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, then it's probably a duck.

Does Sebring have a few rude, obnoxious fans that don't have a clue? Unfortunately, yes, and they can be embarrassing.

Do other schools have a few rude, obnoxious fans that don't have a clue? Unfortunately, yes, and they can be embarrassing.

Should a coach ignore fans, especially ones that sit across the court? Yes. Coach your team and focus on the game. I've witnessed two classy coaches in Rick Brook and Brian Clark, and I've never seen them engage a fan. I heard one coach say that he'll never score 100 on an opponent. I've also witnessed that coach instruct his starters NOT TO SHOOT in the fourth quarter and to set up the younger players.

I'm sure not all of the people in McDonald enjoyed watching what was going on, but until it's addressed, it will continue to happen.

That being said, I've met many very nice people from McDonald and I think very highly of them. Good luck to those very nice people in McDonald.
Old 02-14-18, 04:48 PM
Varsity

TheBlueMan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I was not able to attend the game because of a medical issue, but after watching high school basketball since the late 60's and knowing the histories, here's my take.

I've known Brookgym for a long time. He's one of the most level-headed, well-spoken, easy going guys you'll ever want to meet. If he says it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, then it's probably a duck.

Does Sebring have a few rude, obnoxious fans that don't have a clue? Unfortunately, yes, and they can be embarrassing.

Do other schools have a few rude, obnoxious fans that don't have a clue? Unfortunately, yes, and they can be embarrassing.

Should a coach ignore fans, especially ones that sit across the court? Yes. Coach your team and focus on the game. I've witnessed two classy coaches in Rick Brook and Brian Clark, and I've never seen them engage a fan.

I'm sure not all of the people in McDonald enjoyed watching what was going on, but until it's addressed, it will continue to happen.

That being said, I've met many very nice people from McDonald and I think very highly of them. Good luck to those very nice people in McDonald.
I agree, yesterdays game was interesting from start to finish. It got a little rough to sit there watching the mocking that went on but it is what it is. McDonald has always played starters late into games since he has been there but I give credit to Sebrings players though. Despite the constant bickering from the fans on both sides they hung in there and never gave up. #24 is a heck of a ball player
Old 02-15-18, 04:32 PM
All Ohio

brookgymdaze
You'll see some of this thread doesn't tie together anymore and I just want to go on record and say that is my fault. I posted about the McDonald/Sebring game and an event that happened during that game and it was pretty one sided and peoples names got drug through the mud that shouldn't have. I apologize to Coach Rasile and his son for not getting both sides of the story before making any assumptions and I am certain now after all I have heard that there is nothing even in the realm of abuse or bullying happening within the McDonald basketball program I overreacted to what I saw and shouldn't have posted that online. Things online tend to turn into more than you intend and often hurt people and cause problems you don't intend and it was wrong of me to bring it out in public. I should have asked around to see what others takes were who were closer to the program and I failed to do the right thing by Coach and his son. Seeing the articles and stats his son only scored 3 points after he was injured and several other starters scored points as well. I never intended to indict Zach or single him out like he is a bad kid or something. In fact let me go on record as saying, as I did in one of my other posts, everything I have seen from him leads me to believe not only is he an outstanding basketball player but he is an even better kid. He puts up with a lot, especially from some Sebring fans who have been doing it to him since 6th grade and he never once got visibly upset or shaken. He just goes about his business, scores his 30 points though double and triple teams, and shakes hands at the end of the game. I truly do wish the best for him and all the kids on both teams. He doesn't deserve that kind of treatment from any fan base or coaching staff let alone the one I represent so for all I have heard and seen and all that I didn't hear but I'm sure happened let me be the first to say We(the Sebring fans) are wrong. A student athlete should never be treated with disrespect from fans or coaches. That is why my emotions got the best of me, I was thinking not just of Zach but of the Sebring kids as well and I got more angry than I should have and anger never leads to anything positive. In conclusion, I hope we can all agree that the game is about the kids and that regardless of who you root for and what color they have on at the end of the day we need to be building great young men as well as great basketball players and from what I can see both of these programs do just that.
Old 02-15-18, 05:00 PM
All World

Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Struthers welcomes McDonald next Tuesday for our final tuneup before sectionals.
Hopefully we can give them a decent game.
Definitely a nice challenge for both teams.
McDonald does tend to get comfortable at the Fieldhouse. Shouldn't intimidate them.

FWIW:
The Wildcats open next season with a home game against Sebring.
Trojans used to come to the Fieldhouse regularly for many seasons, usually the last game of the season.
I like the Cats playing more of the local teams who would bring more fans than Edgewood, Jefferson, Lakeside, etc.

Looking forward to the tournaments this year.
Good luck to McDonald in Div IV.
Old 02-15-18, 05:13 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Struthersfan View Post
Struthers welcomes McDonald next Tuesday for our final tuneup before sectionals.
Hopefully we can give them a decent game.
Definitely a nice challenge for both teams.
McDonald does tend to get comfortable at the Fieldhouse. Shouldn't intimidate them.

FWIW:
The Wildcats open next season with a home game against Sebring.
Trojans used to come to the Fieldhouse regularly for many seasons, usually the last game of the season.
I like the Cats playing more of the local teams who would bring more fans than Edgewood, Jefferson, Lakeside, etc.

Looking forward to the tournaments this year.
Good luck to McDonald in Div IV.
Looking forward to seeing how the devils handle Ryan, who is a budding sophomore star for the wildcats and looking like a legit D1 recruit. This game will be a great test heading into tournament play for both schools. The key as usual for McDonald will be Poole to stay out of foul trouble, especially since it looks like Struthers got some decent height. If Poole has to sit Struthers will dominate the paint and the boards.

There is 2 common opponents (which ultimately means nothing): Struthers beat Lowellville by 13 and McDonald beat the rockets by 9. Struthers beat Reserve by 6, McDonald beat Reserve by 30 and 17. Should be a fun night to finally play Struthers at the field house after playing so many big and important tournament games on that floor.
Old 02-15-18, 11:29 PM
Freshman

ksugrad is on a distinguished road
Lopsided

My previous post was pulled, I will try to rephrase. 111411 says brookgymdaze is level-headed; clearly he did not have all his info and facts and went way over the line. I give him credit for owning it and apologizing. Obviously it was a heated game. Criticize Rasile for running up the score, but not allow the other side to be told is hypocritical. The Sebring assistant coach did high five his player after Rasile kid was cut. Those who saw the game have their own opinion. Regardless of which team you are rooting for, celebrating when a player is hurt - either team - is shameful. I realize this isn't a news network site but credibility is lost if you can't keep the posts balanced. If one can be criticized but not another, it looks biased and not an open forum. Suggestion would be to remove any negative references.

Last edited by ksugrad; 02-15-18 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 02-16-18, 01:06 PM
All World

Some very nice OOC games tonight for the top of the league as they tune up for tournament play. Lowellville will get their crack at 17-1 South Range in a big battle. McDonald hosts a pretty good Champion team that has come on as of late and is the 2 seed in their D3 district (also almost beat unbeaten Labrae recently). Western Reserve travels to united who has had a nice year. Springfield hosts Lisbon in another games of solid teams.

Full list of games:
Champion at McDonald
South Range at Lowellville
Western Reserve at United
Lisbon at Springfield
Newton Falls at Waterloo
Heartland Christian at Sebring
Jackson-Milton at Crestview
Old 02-16-18, 05:43 PM
All Region

BLUE DEVIL 81 is on a distinguished road
That McDonald-Champion is going to be interesting for several reasons. Coach Rasile teaches there so he knows all the kids. And didn't Nathan Kish, Champion's head coach, play for McDonald or did he play for Rasile when he coached at Champion? I know there is some connection. Champion will be a good test.
Old 02-16-18, 09:06 PM
All World

McDonald wins 95-74 in what was one of the worst, pathetically officiated game I've ever seen. Champions coach given an official warning 30 seconds into the game for practically nothing was a tell tale sign of what was to come. A shame a competitive first half was marred by zebras. Anyway a very fun shootout with McDonald's Rasile and Poole and champions Batcho all going for over 30.
Old 02-16-18, 09:32 PM
All World

South Range was able to suffocate Lowellville to the tune of 43-32. Western Reserve got a 9 point win over united and Springfield dominated Lisbon by 23. Crestview handled JM by 28

1. McDonald 19-1 (13-0)
2. Lowellville 17-4 (11-2)
3. Western Reserve 14-6 (9-4)
4. Springfield 13-7 (9-5)
5. Waterloo 6-12 (5-8) almost certain there's missing games here
6. Mineral Ridge 6-15 (4-10)
7. Sebring 8-13 (3-11)
8. Jackson-Milton 1-19 (0-14)

Last edited by kingpin2010; 02-17-18 at 12:43 AM.
Old 02-16-18, 09:51 PM
Varsity

TheBlueMan is on a distinguished road
One official gets an F- grade, another D+ and the third official gets a B+...yikes is all I got to say, Rasile(37) and Poole(35) just ended up being too much for Champion to handle. #24 for Champion played a great game finishing with 30+ as well
Old 02-17-18, 06:44 PM
Freshman

111411 you haven't coomented on Brookgym's apology? Interesting considering how quickly you judged coach Rasile even though you weren't at the game. I assume since you said you have known Brookgym for 30 years, and he is level-headed, that based on Brook's apology that you believe Sebring fans and assistant coach must have been completely out of line?! You said "if Brook walks like a duck and talks like a duck, then it must be a duck." Just curious to hear your thoughts 111411. Also, not sure if you were at Sebring's game last night? Sebring was up 79-29 after 3 quarters and Clarke left his son in to break 3 point record in the 4th. Congrats to the kid, not taking anything away from him -- but were Sebring fans yelling at their coach for running up the score on Heartland? Must be ok if it's Sebring or Clarke, or any other team, but if McDonald has a big lead it's not ok? Looking forward to your response.
Old 02-17-18, 09:05 PM
All American

Scrapper56 is on a distinguished road
11s hope all is well. Haven't seen many games this year but lookinf forward to the tournament.
Old 02-17-18, 09:26 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksugrad View Post
111411 you haven't coomented on Brookgym's apology? Interesting considering how quickly you judged coach Rasile even though you weren't at the game. I assume since you said you have known Brookgym for 30 years, and he is level-headed, that based on Brook's apology that you believe Sebring fans and assistant coach must have been completely out of line?! You said "if Brook walks like a duck and talks like a duck, then it must be a duck." Just curious to hear your thoughts 111411. Also, not sure if you were at Sebring's game last night? Sebring was up 79-29 after 3 quarters and Clarke left his son in to break 3 point record in the 4th. Congrats to the kid, not taking anything away from him -- but were Sebring fans yelling at their coach for running up the score on Heartland? Must be ok if it's Sebring or Clarke, or any other team, but if McDonald has a big lead it's not ok? Looking forward to your response.
Let's see here, since you want to troll.

- I see you didn't read in the sarcasm in Brookgym's post. It was dripping.

- I spoke to the assistant coach, and he WAS NOT clapping about the injury. He's above that.

- Yes, I was at the game and if you'll notice Sebring scored 11 points in the fourth quarter, substituted liberally, and took the press off after the first quarter was over.

-Young Clark took ONE shot early in the fourth quarter and never shot again. Brian Clark has never called timeouts, let alone one timeout to patch up his son so he could go back into the game and hit more three pointers, while up 35.

-Brian Clark actually took the air out of the ball and ran a patient offense in the second half. He didn't even know it was a record until well after the game. Additionally, he has never run up the score, on anyone.

-Sebring coaches don't pay attention to the fans, any fans. They aren't out for revenge, nor are they trying to settle a perceived slight.

-I think it's called stalking when a poster or coach calls another poster at their place of employment.

Now, take off those blinders, and try to be a good poster like the other Mcdonald fans on the site. There are some very nice people in the Mcdonald community, join them. Kingpin, Blueman, Scrapper, and Blue Devil all seem like pretty good guys.

Last edited by 111411; 02-17-18 at 09:48 PM.
Old 02-17-18, 09:27 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper56 View Post
11s hope all is well. Haven't seen many games this year but lookinf forward to the tournament.
All is well, Scrapper. Good to hear from you. All is well, as I hope all is well at the Scrapper household.
Old 02-17-18, 10:25 PM
Freshman

Cool

Thanks for the great laughs, 111411. You took the duck bait, or maybe the troll bait. I had a hard time finding sarcasm in the apology but just wanted to confirm eveything is perfect in Sebring. One point you made was correct - your assistant coach was NOT clapping after the injury -- the fans were-- while the assitant coach HIGH FIVED your player. Blinders could not stop everyone in gym from seeing it unless you looked the other way. Your response was better than expected. Hilarious! There are some nice people in Sebring. Try joining your good guys. I'm done with this. Best of luck to Sebring in the tournament.
Old 02-17-18, 10:33 PM
All Ohio

brookgymdaze
Wow I'm a celebrity! Thanks everyone for all you have done for me. I don't deserve all the attention.
Old 02-17-18, 10:34 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Thanks for the great laughs, 111411. You took the duck bait, or maybe the troll bait. I had a hard time finding sarcasm in the apology but just wanted to confirm eveything is perfect in Sebring. One point you made was correct - your assistant coach was NOT clapping after the injury -- the fans were-- while the assitant coach HIGH FIVED your player. Blinders could not stop everyone in gym from seeing it unless you looked the other way. Your response was better than expected. Hilarious! There are some nice people in Sebring. Try joining your good guys. I'm done with this. Best of luck to Sebring in the tournament.
I'm glad you enjoyed my response. Your response was typical of someone that knows they were wrong, by deflecting blame. Enjoy the balance of your season, Coach.

Onto Little League baseball and golf season.
Old 02-17-18, 10:36 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookgymdaze View Post
Wow I'm a celebrity! Thanks everyone for all you have done for me. I don't deserve all the attention.
Nothing like a good discussion on Yappi.

Hey, as a mod, I've been threatened and have had racial slurs thrown my way.
Old 02-17-18, 10:49 PM
All Ohio

brookgymdaze
Quote:
Nothing like a good discussion on Yappi.

Hey, as a mod, I've been threatened and have had racial slurs thrown my way.
Keepin it classy!
Old 02-17-18, 11:27 PM
Freshman

No deflection needed when the truth is on your side. Might be better ways to reach celebrity status, Brook, but if that floats your duck -- I meant boat -- enjoy your 10 minutes of Yappi fame. Bad unmasking if you call me coach. No desire, they deal with too much garbage. If I were a coach I would steer clear of this site for that reason. Good stuff for research on social media sites, though. Been picking up new lingo. Good luck with little league and golf, coach. Inspire some young athletes.
Old 02-17-18, 11:36 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
No deflection needed when the truth is on your side.
You go ahead and believe that.

Quote:
Good luck with little league and golf, coach. Inspire some young athletes.
My days have coaching older kids have passed, but that's what the little guys call me, though one calls me Papa. I do my best.
Old 02-18-18, 10:33 AM
Freshman

Social media is the ungoverned home of criticism from the unseen and the site of snark for the sarcastic. It can be a platform for good when used appropriately. The false statements, removal of comments, apology and back and forth "trolling" gives credence to both. Enjoy your grandkids.
Old 02-18-18, 12:00 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Social media is the ungoverned home of criticism from the unseen and the site of snark for the sarcastic. It can be a platform for good when used appropriately. The false statements, removal of comments, apology and back and forth "trolling" gives credence to both. Enjoy your grandkids.
Since you're accusing me of providing criticism and snark, and being unseen, aren't you doing that?

You can call them false statements all you want, but everything is true..

- I see you didn't read in the sarcasm in Brookgym's post. It was dripping.

- I spoke to the assistant coach, and he WAS NOT clapping about the injury. He's above that.

- Yes, I was at the game and if you'll notice Sebring scored 11 points in the fourth quarter, substituted liberally, and took the press off after the first quarter was over.

-Young Clark took ONE shot early in the fourth quarter and never shot again. Brian Clark has never called timeouts, let alone one timeout to patch up his son so he could go back into the game and hit more three pointers, while up 35.

-Brian Clark actually took the air out of the ball and ran a patient offense in the second half. He didn't even know it was a record until well after the game. Additionally, he has never run up the score, on anyone.

-Sebring coaches don't pay attention to the fans, any fans. They aren't out for revenge, nor are they trying to settle a perceived slight.

-I think it's called stalking when a poster or coach calls another poster at their place of employment.

Good luck to the kids from McDonald in the tourney. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Last edited by 111411; 02-18-18 at 12:13 PM.
Old 02-18-18, 01:32 PM
Freshman

Statement was about social media in general, 111411 but I guess it struck a nerve. Perhaps we both participated in some sarcasm, but at different levels. I'm not angry, rather amused. Continue to defend your lies but video doesn't lie. Maybe your assistant coach just got caught up in the moment, it happens. You can bold it, capitalize it, underline it, change the font, change the color and repost it over and over but video doesn't lie. I don't think anyone has a problem with a coach leaving his kid -- or any player -- in to make one shot to break a record then take him out. Coaches across the country do it all the time for their players --boys and girls--you never know when they might get another chance. Coaches who say they don't do it aren't being upfront. Go for it and congrats to the kid. It's OK for Sebring to do it when up 50 points after 3 quarters so it should be OK for ANY team, whether they wear purple or blue. No hypocrisy. Best of luck in the tourney as well.
Old 02-18-18, 02:47 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Statement was about social media in general, 111411 but I guess it struck a nerve.
No, it was an attempted shot.

Quote:
Continue to defend your lies but video doesn't lie.
This puts you on a short list. One that either starts with Coach or Mrs.

Quote:
I don't think anyone has a problem with a coach leaving his kid -- or any player -- in to make one shot to break a record then take him out. Coaches across the country do it all the time for their players --boys and girls--you never know when they might get another chance. Coaches who say they don't do it aren't being upfront. Go for it and congrats to the kid.
Some have a history of putting more points on the board after a contest is well in hand, and continue to press. If that's what floats your boat, you can see it doesn't wear well with people. I hear not all of the citizens in McDonald are thrilled with this.

Quote:
It's OK for Sebring to do it when up 50 points after 3 quarters so it should be OK for ANY team, whether they wear purple or blue.
Clark never has, nor never will run up the score. His son took one shot early in the fourth, then didn't shoot again. He had no idea that it was a record until well after the game was over.
Old 02-18-18, 09:20 PM
Freshman

I guess I did stirike a nerve this time. You are correct my name starts with Ms, just not the one you it seems you are thinking of. You know players watch videos, too. And spectators sit with phones and film video and take pictures all the time. You still maintain it never happened but your truths are falling apart; however, it appears you genuinely believe what you are saying so I apologize for calling it a lie since you still belive it to be true. No point in going back and forth and boring the yappi readers on that topic. Last year when McD played Heartland all starters were on the bench mid way through the 3rd quarter. Not sure why the Sebring coach would play any starters in the 4th quarter of 50 point game, but the fact that the player only took one shot in the 4th speaks volumes. Why play or shoot at all other than to break a record? As I've said multiple times with absolutely no sarcasm, good for him and coaches leave players in all the time to break records. Your truths are falling apart. You said "Clarke never has, nor never will, run up the score." Never say never because you never know what someone else might never do or never say -- unless you have discretionary spokesperson authority or can control what another coach says or does. Both seem unlikely scenarios. I am not inclined to speak on behalf of coaches or bash them, but admit I was more than upset about the high five on video and it would not matter who the injured player was. Those types of things bother women. I don't feel obliged to apologize for expressing that. You seem to take delight in bashing McD coach, so have at it. I have no desire to float boats or listen to quacking ducks. This is no longer amusing or funny, because I have flustered you or disturbed your peaceful Sunday. For that I deeply apologize. I am feeling badly that I upset you and don't want to be complicit in instigating any kind of #metoo movement by upsetting you further. For the sake of the yappi readers on this thread I am graciously calling a truce and walking away. I suspect you will want to have the last word. I will graciously give you the last word. If you are a true gentleman you will chivalrously accept the truce with a one word reponse of "truce" or something comparable. Anything else would be viewed as undignified. Peace.
Old 02-18-18, 10:43 PM
All Yappi

Flustered me, or disturbed my peaceful Sunday. Mmmm, there are things that can disturb me, but not a difference of opinion with a poster. Since you are concerned, I had a fine Sunday. I appreciate your interest in my well-being.

You have your view of things, and I never will change it.

I have my view of things, and you will never change it.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree.

That being said, good health to you and yours. Truce.