Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-12-18, 12:30 PM
All Ohio

firehawk is on a distinguished road
Cincinnati area Girls Basketball 2017-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by taximama24 View Post
Yeah Mason's proven they don't lose if they can get to the foul line significantly more, and Tucker (the 5'2" Walnut Hills transfer) was given a clinic on how to get there between last year and this year, to the tune of over twice as much (haven't heard the story on how she landed in Comet country this season, but without her their road to state definitely wasn't this buttoned up). In all their competitive wins, Mason locked it up at the line. Against West this time it was 3x as many FT, last time against West it was 2x as many, against Solon it was 4x as much, Gilmour Academy 2x as much, etc. So yep, to win West 100% needed to deny them the line when it was in their control and they didn't...an incredible game though, nothing at all for West's seniors to hang their head on, and hopefully Mason's streak holds on to keep the title in Cincy!

True. Even in the first game between them which West won early in the season there was a big free throw discrepancy. Great run by the West seniors. This was their best chance to get to State and it didnít happen. I donít see them being nearly as good next year with what they lose. They will certainly be good but likely not as good with 6 seniors departing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-18, 12:48 PM
Freshman

BallisLife1975 is on a distinguished road
The last game was a game of runs! Each team going on runs, but neither team able to deliver the knockout blow. West took Mason's best player out of the game, but at what cost? Mason is a great team and it's hard to focus so much on one player when they have so many weapons. But listen, West is a great program and far be it from me to criticize them when they are constantly in that spot to begin with...obviously they are doing something right Great players, great coaches, and a great rivalry will always equal an instant classic!
Old 03-12-18, 01:25 PM
Junior Varsity

lovesallsports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
True. Even in the first game between them which West won early in the season there was a big free throw discrepancy. Great run by the West seniors. This was their best chance to get to State and it didnít happen. I donít see them being nearly as good next year with what they lose. They will certainly be good but likely not as good with 6 seniors departing.

West has a lot of potential next year in their underclass. They have kids that didnít even get to unleash their potential and role played this year. I wouldnít count them out. Their freshman looked like she could be really good in the coming years. Very athletic.
Old 03-13-18, 07:19 AM
All Ohio

firehawk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesallsports View Post
West has a lot of potential next year in their underclass. They have kids that didnít even get to unleash their potential and role played this year. I wouldnít count them out. Their freshman looked like she could be really good in the coming years. Very athletic.

I am not counting them out by any means. Mason and West are head and shoulders above everyone in the GMC by far. I do think the gap closes some though with all the players West loses. They will I think be fine in the GMC. It will be interesting to see if they can get as far as they did this year. I definitely think it will be more of a challenge to do so.

Old 03-18-18, 02:24 PM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
I would say Mason returns more of their experienced talent- a few of their underclass really stepped up this season. One of Wests freshman with the most minutes Dudevik missed games due to soccer and I doubt Fishman tolerates that for 4 years. Chance Gray will be at the high school next year and she is very talented but not tall.
Old 03-23-18, 09:12 PM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
JN All-Area

2017-18 Journal-News All-Area Girls Basketball Team

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...9s57bT1OtcSAO/

2017-18 Journal-News All-Area Girls Basketball Statistics

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...8eUN299Yxn3cK/
Old 03-24-18, 07:05 AM
Junior Varsity

lovesallsports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
I would say Mason returns more of their experienced talent- a few of their underclass really stepped up this season. One of Wests freshman with the most minutes Dudevik missed games due to soccer and I doubt Fishman tolerates that for 4 years. Chance Gray will be at the high school next year and she is very talented but not tall.

Dudukovich only missed games to go play with the United States U16 Girls National Team. From what I heard he was very supportive of that opportunity. Not something you can really get mad at a kid for doing. Times change and when you have an athlete like her who is willing to work hard and do two sports you make it work.
Old 03-26-18, 11:45 AM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesallsports View Post
Dudukovich only missed games to go play with the United States U16 Girls National Team. From what I heard he was very supportive of that opportunity. Not something you can really get mad at a kid for doing. Times change and when you have an athlete like her who is willing to work hard and do two sports you make it work.
Have respect for that- never said he would be mad, just difficult for a coach to have one of his better players miss games during playoffs. In a program like west where the expectations are to be in the regional finals every year that is a difficult position. Ravin Alexander from Summit also played with the National team and had to be in CA during basketball season- she was POY in both sports so I know it can be done as long as the program is supported. Fishman is not known for his flexibility and expects total devotion year round so it would be very surprising to most that he is supportive for 4 years.
Old 04-07-18, 02:53 AM
All American

Lakota East

Wallace bringing 'fresh set of eyes' to Lakota East's girls hoop program

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...zQMoAwCDo1lVL/
Old 04-07-18, 09:00 AM
All Ohio

Big Ragu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthwestOhioGuy17 View Post
Wallace bringing 'fresh set of eyes' to Lakota East's girls hoop program

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...zQMoAwCDo1lVL/
I am blown away that he would leave Mercy/McAuley. I have zero inside info, but I thought the job was his. Nice article.
Old 04-07-18, 10:35 PM
All American

Butler County All-Stars

Prep girls basketball: Winning a priority for Lakota West's Henderson in Butler County All-Star game

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...BGqNxirLLL6LO/
Old 04-09-18, 12:24 PM
Freshman

BallisLife1975 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ragu View Post
I am blown away that he would leave Mercy/McAuley. I have zero inside info, but I thought the job was his. Nice article.
Heard he was not allowed to bring his staff with him to the new school. I heard they wanted him to hire some of the Mercy staff for "team unity". He also got a teaching job in the district, which is more money the private school he was at. Not sure what the difference in coaching pay is between the two schools
Old 04-09-18, 12:40 PM
All Yappi

JElder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisLife1975 View Post
Heard he was not allowed to bring his staff with him to the new school. I heard they wanted him to hire some of the Mercy staff for "team unity". He also got a teaching job in the district, which is more money the private school he was at. Not sure what the difference in coaching pay is between the two schools
He also wasn't allowed to pick his own team. It was going to be by committee for lack of a better phrase. MM really screwed up trying to be politically correct.
Old 04-09-18, 01:10 PM
All American

cincysports4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisLife1975 View Post
He will be doubling his coaching pay. As well he gets paid more as a public school teacher and now enters the public school retirement system (Very good).