Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-28-18, 08:58 PM
All Region

MooseJaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
Why such baseless attacks on such a good person and coach. Your jealousy is getting the best of you. #Roadtostate2019
How many new recruits coming in next year?
Old 03-28-18, 09:29 PM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan76 View Post
Nope just exposing the hypocrite who can justify anything Moeller does in her mind.
THe only thing you have exposed is your ignorance. You have embarrassed yourself with how inept you are at understanding the basics of how all of this even works. Everyone is laughing at you but you keep swinging- ignorance truly is your special skill.
Old 03-28-18, 09:59 PM
All Ohio

Youknow is on a distinguished road
This is willie Cunningham for those that donít know. Define irony: a guy that goes on the radio 3 hours a day and bashes people for cheating the system ( usually he speaks of African Americans doing so) cheering on and supporting a team full of people who mostly cheated the system. Yes i know he went to deer park. Itís still ironic and still funny so donít at me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4003C1AB-62B0-4CCB-98DE-68DD8F4D816B.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	2222  
Old 03-28-18, 10:53 PM
All Ohio

coltfan76 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
THe only thing you have exposed is your ignorance. You have embarrassed yourself with how inept you are at understanding the basics of how all of this even works. Everyone is laughing at you but you keep swinging- ignorance truly is your special skill.
That's funny that you don't even realize how many people are laughing at you. Hypocrite troll strikes again.
Old 03-28-18, 11:33 PM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That's funny that you don't even realize how many people are laughing at you. Hypocrite troll strikes again.
Who- the mystery QB? I can live with that
Old 03-29-18, 08:47 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
Who- the mystery QB? I can live with that
Every honest person who knows Cincinnati sports and has read your hypocritical lies.
Old 03-29-18, 04:45 PM
Freshman

Static is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseJaw View Post
How many new recruits coming in next year?
Making it to State Iím sure plenty of families of athletes of every event will move into Deer Park. The athletic makeup will completely change in Deer Park. My big complaint Gentry not teaching classes and impact more kids. #OnwardDeerPark2019
Old 03-29-18, 08:54 PM
All Region

I’m really starting to think that Static is just posing as ai Deer Park supporter in an attempt to make them look bad. You say some of the most ridiculous things that you can’t really be serious. If you really are a DP supporter you should do DP a favor and quit posting.
Old 03-29-18, 09:04 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Making it to State Iím sure plenty of families of athletes of every event will move into Deer Park. The athletic makeup will completely change in Deer Park. My big complaint Gentry not teaching classes and impact more kids. #OnwardDeerPark2019
Are you even aware that itís illegal to move into a district to attend a school
For athletics? Gentry doesnít have his teaching liscense he canít teach. This is the same static in another thread basically praised Deer Park for the adís mother who is on the dp school board for lowering the eligibility Gpa from a 2.0 to a 1.3 pretty much simultaneously as all these hoopers arrived.
Old 03-29-18, 09:11 PM
All Ohio

Yeoman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Iím really starting to think that Static is just posing as ai Deer Park supporter in an attempt to make them look bad. You say some of the most ridiculous things that you canít really be serious. If you really are a DP supporter you should do DP a favor and quit posting.
I suppose troll is a possibility.

I was imagining s/he was on the school board. That's more fun.
Old 03-30-18, 10:41 PM
All District

soccerfan63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youknow View Post
I didnt say its ok for anyone to recruit. But i think you would be surprised how little Moeller actually recruits. They have a very small amount of kids that transfer in after freshmen year. Moeller is pretty much self sustaining at this point. Even if they never recruited they would still be what they are. You have a huge amount of catholic families that send their kids to moeller for that reason, they are catholic. My point is you cant compare a closed very small public school that gets their kids from their junior high to a huge private school that has no junior high can gets kids from downtown all the way up to west chester. In my neighborhood if you are catholic you go to moeller or X. Its that easy. Now do kids attend their for all kinds of reasons including sports, yea sure they do but its impossible to prove intent entering into high school as a 8th grader. Hell its obviously impossible to prove intent if you transfer for your senior year because Demani Mcentire said it on the news and nothing happened. So i dont know
That is complete BS. I have been at public school JH football games where the Moeller coaches are there recruiting kids. Scouting, talking to parents, and in some cases talking to kids in the parking lot after the game extolling the advantages of going to Moe. These are NOT catholic families that grew up going to All Saints, SMOY or St. Columban.

Sycamore, Mason and Loveland lose players this way to Moeller on a regular basis. And it is not just for football.
Old 03-31-18, 06:31 AM
All World

AllSports12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfan63 View Post
That is complete BS. I have been at public school JH football games where the Moeller coaches are there recruiting kids. Scouting, talking to parents, and in some cases talking to kids in the parking lot after the game extolling the advantages of going to Moe. These are NOT catholic families that grew up going to All Saints, SMOY or St. Columban.
Not taking up for either side here, but this begs the question......

In this day and age where when people fart in public, it's on the 'net within 5 minutes...... why are there no videos of these encounters included with these type of claims?

Last edited by AllSports12; 03-31-18 at 07:06 AM.
Old 03-31-18, 10:58 AM
Freshman

Static is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
I suppose troll is a possibility.

I was imagining s/he was on the school board. That's more fun.
Troll? School board? Shows how twisted and confused you are about Deer Park. Quit warping admiration for deception. What about the athlete that can only get a 1.3. Does that student never play. Deer Park supports all students. Sorry Deer Park is not a wealthy district. We praise all board member and community involvement.

What do other CHL districts require? Deer Park will not be far off.
Old 03-31-18, 01:39 PM
All Ohio

elks78 is on a distinguished road
Look there is no changing the aau culture that exists today. If you donít like your situation jump to a new one. Just follow the rules, the DP transfers should have had to sit out 11 games. They probably still win state. It is what it is just quit trying to paint as something itís not. Gentry is not some humanitarian or great coach neither is Kerr at Purcell or the guy at Roger bacon or Kramer at Moeller.

DP will continue to get recruits until they get busted for playing inelegable player or parents of real DP kids get pissed that their kids have no chance at playing force the AD to act like one.
Old 03-31-18, 10:52 PM
All Ohio

Big Ragu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What about the athlete that can only get a 1.3. Does that student never play. Deer Park supports all students.

I agree wholeheartedly in keeping kids active in extracurriculars. Better to have them in an activity than roaming the streets. OHSAA requirement of 1.0 is really low, IMO. So, Deer Park at 1.3 is a step up I suppose.

I checked out the CHL schools near my location.
Wyoming: 9th/10th grade, 1.6. 11th/12th grade, 1.8.
Madeira: OHSAA requirements with a warning system if a student carries an F during weekly grade check. Second warning = ineligible.
Indian Hill was the toughest at 2.0. Also, no Fs allowed at all.
Mariemont: 1.5, must pass 75% of classes, must pass 5 classes.
Reading: OHSAA guidelines.
Deer Park: 1.3 in prior quarter. Two Ds/Fs in any two week period gets you a seat at the study table, but no loss of eligibility so long as student attends study table.
Old 04-02-18, 03:25 AM
Varsity

Gators34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digdagdog View Post
I was at that game and the only thing out of bounds was the Reading cheering section bringing life size photos af the Deer Park kids and taunting them. This comes from a Blue Devil athlete and graduate o Yf Reading High School. I don't agree with that kind of nonsense. Uncalled for.
I hope you don't go to any college games for that matter to any D1 highschool games in Cincinnati no wonder your kid plays at Deer Park
Old 04-04-18, 03:26 AM
Varsity

Quote:
For athletics? Gentry doesnít have his teaching liscense he canít teach. This is the same static in another thread basically praised Deer Park for the adís mother who is on the dp school board for lowering the eligibility Gpa from a 2.0 to a 1.3 pretty much simultaneously as all these hoopers arrived.
I really don't understand the infatuation with Gentry how many years has he been coaching and how many kids are playing in college that he's helped
Old 04-04-18, 08:28 AM
All Ohio

Big Ragu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gators34 View Post
I really don't understand the infatuation with Gentry how many years has he been coaching and how many kids are playing in college that he's helped
No matter anyoneís opinion on how the Deer Park team was assembled one thing is for sure. Those boys played hard. I am assuming Gentry coaches AAU. I would like to see one of his teams play. Anybody able to point me in the right direction?
Old 04-04-18, 08:40 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
For athletics?
Illegal? Like the cops will arrest you? Does that come with jail time or just a fine? Community service? Will people like you who help recruit to school like Purcell get arrested for aiding and abetting? So many questions here.
Old 04-04-18, 10:15 AM
All World

Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
The 2018 season is over, it's in the books. Time to move on.
Old 04-04-18, 01:53 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Illegal? Like the cops will arrest you? Does that come with jail time or just a fine? Community service? Will people like you who help recruit to school like Purcell get arrested for aiding and abetting? So many questions here.
Yeah cops arrest you and everything. A fine and community service. All that. yup!
Old 04-04-18, 02:49 PM
All Ohio

CoreyAlbertson513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ragu View Post
No matter anyoneís opinion on how the Deer Park team was assembled one thing is for sure. Those boys played hard. I am assuming Gentry coaches AAU. I would like to see one of his teams play. Anybody able to point me in the right direction?
Steve coaches with his son's team, Cincinnati Lakers 16u (rising juniors). The head coach of that team is Eric Washington, one of Steve's assistants at DP. Very talented group.

Before anyone says anything.... OHSAA passed a rule last summer that, starting this year, high school coaches can coach kids from their school in the spring and summer.
Old 04-04-18, 08:23 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Yeah cops arrest you and everything. A fine and community service. All that. yup!
Edited your post a little, eh?
You said something that was wrong and got called on it. Whose fault is that?

Last edited by coltfan76; 04-05-18 at 02:05 PM.
Old 04-05-18, 08:20 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Edited your pet a little, eh?
You said something that was wrong and got called on it. Whose fault is that?
Here you go buddy I’ll spell it out for you. Based on ohsaa it’s a violation or illegal in ohsaa to transfer for athletics.

Last edited by 111411; 04-05-18 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-16-18, 07:33 PM
All Region

Leon resigns at Mariemont. Any thoughts on his replacement?
Old 04-17-18, 04:52 PM
All American

BusinessEnd
Quote:
Leon resigns at Mariemont. Any thoughts on his replacement?
I didn't see that one coming! I thought they had some talent in the lower levels? Last two coaches have not been in the building so that could open it up a little.
Old 04-17-18, 08:13 PM
All Ohio

Freshman coach is good.
Old 04-24-18, 04:46 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Troll? School board? Shows how twisted and confused you are about Deer Park. Quit warping admiration for deception. What about the athlete that can only get a 1.3. Does that student never play. Deer Park supports all students. Sorry Deer Park is not a wealthy district. We praise all board member and community involvement.

Can you name me the kids that Steve Gentry coached and went to play college ball?
Old 04-24-18, 04:50 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyAlbertson513 View Post
Steve coaches with his son's team, Cincinnati Lakers 16u (rising juniors). The head coach of that team is Eric Washington, one of Steve's assistants at DP. Very talented group.

Before anyone says anything.... OHSAA passed a rule last summer that, starting this year, high school coaches can coach kids from their school in the spring and summer.
Can you name anybody that Gentry has coached and went to play college ball he's been coaching high school how many years?
Old 04-24-18, 05:01 AM
All Ohio

chlnewbie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gators34 View Post
Can you name anybody that Gentry has coached and went to play college ball he's been coaching high school how many years?
I guess you have never heard of Jalen Avery? Only led NCAA D1 in assist to TO ratio, but who am I... I guess the next question will morph into ok can you name anybody else?