Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-17-18, 02:21 PM
All Ohio

crudog is on a distinguished road
State Championships

DIV Championship
Minster 63
Ottoville 48
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-18, 02:44 PM
All Ohio

DIII Championship
Final
Columbus Africentric 53
Versailles 47

This is what a state championship game should look like. CA had a large lead and Versailles came back and took a lead that led to back and forth leads. And then the final result. Great game!
Old 03-17-18, 04:50 PM
All Ohio

As we all know the attendance for girls basketball games, in general, is sparse. Unfortunately this carries over to the state championship games as well. DIIís attendance today is dismal with two teams that donít have a decent following to begin with. Wadsworth's cheering section for yesterdayís DI semi-final, alone, was larger than ALL fans (community and students) for both schools COMBINED for todayís DII championship game.
Old 03-17-18, 05:44 PM
All Ohio

Toledo Rogers 51
Gilmour Academy 37

TRís Zia Cooke tore it up with 33 points. Of all the teams entering the weekend I thought GA was the only lock to win a state championship. As I mentioned before, ANOTHER reason why I donít predict games. : ) Even GAís semi-final win was a struggle. They didnít have the confidence in this tournament they exuded during the regular season. Congratulations to the Lady Rams who won in style!
Old 03-17-18, 06:38 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
FINALLY!!!

We'd kind of gotten used to our Toledo area teams stopping at second. Congrats to Rogers.
Old 03-17-18, 09:01 PM
All Ohio

DI Championship
Final
Pickerington Central 49
Solon 45

Down by two with :13 remaining Solonís Valencia Myers received a pass under the basket with no one to contest her and she tried to pass it back out and PC grabbed it for a jump ball and possession. What??!!
Old 03-18-18, 05:20 AM
All Yappi

LICKING COUNTY FAN is an unknown quantity at this point
In watching the D-3 games, it appeared the refs could not stay consistent. One minute they were calling fouls really tight and then at times they were allowing a lot on contact, that favored one team a whole lot.
Old 03-19-18, 12:01 PM
All Ohio

The officiating didnít hurt or help anyone during the girls state tournament. The best teams on these days won. Overall, I would like to see more competitiveness at the state tournament, but the champions are the champions. Congratulations to all the girls making it to Columbus and especially the teams that won their last game of the year!!!!!
Old 03-19-18, 03:44 PM
All District

IVCguy is on a distinguished road
Africentric is an interesting team to watch play. I'm not sure I have ever heard anyone claim that they are amazing at execution. What they are amazing at is pressure and intensity, turning steals into layups, and offensive rebounds leading to points. So, they will not execute and look bad for a stretch, then they will make a steal and score a layup, and then get an offensive rebound and a score or two (or three), and you can't overcome it.

Coach McKinney is a very good coach. I will now say something controversial: he has accomplished a lot with a lot.