Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-08-19, 05:02 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
NCAA grants waiver allowing QB Justin Fields to play for Buckeyes in 2019

Quote:
Ohio State Buckeyes quarterback Justin Fields has received a waiver from the NCAA and will be eligible to play the 2019 season, the university announced Friday.

The waiver allows Fields to forego the usual one-year waiting period for a transferring student-athlete. He is expected to be the frontrunner to win Ohio State's starting job when spring practice opens in March.
Read more:
http://www.espn.com/college-football...-buckeyes-2019
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-19, 05:23 PM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Well that's a positive note,wish him well at his new home.
Old 02-08-19, 05:53 PM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Just shows the NCAA is in bed with Ohio State. Pretty black and white Fields needs to sit a year.
Old 02-09-19, 12:42 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Why ? Who does that benefit ?

It seems obvious that this young man's release to play was little more than a formality. The little white QB, Tate Martell, took off for greener pastures long ago.

The rules are changing, and the NCAA is under tremendous pressure from every corner to allow top players to have greater freedom.

The NCAA has acquiesced to being the NFL's "farm system", not only because it profits them greatly (to the benefit of every other sport, don't forget), but because the people in the grassroots - former players, parents, rising players themselves - demand it. There is a well-defined strata of talent that doesn't give a fig about education.

I think that this attitude has spun off from AAU basketball in many regards. It's about what these people value and the freedom to pursue it. I personally think it's a bad thing, but my values aren't that common any more. It's the changing tide of a cultural problem that the NCAA can't hold back. At some point, it's pointless to try.

It only makes sense that a top program like tOSU would be at the leading edge of a rule change
Old 02-09-19, 12:45 PM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Why ? Who does that benefit ?

It seems obvious that this young man's release to play was little more than a formality. The little white QB, Tate Martell, took off for greener pastures long ago.

The rules are changing, and the NCAA is under tremendous pressure from every corner to allow top players to have greater freedom.

The NCAA has acquiesced to being the NFL's "farm system", not only because it profits them greatly (to the benefit of every other sport, don't forget), but because the people in the grassroots - former players, parents, rising players themselves - demand it. There is a well-defined strata of talent that doesn't give a fig about education.

I think that the attitudes spin off of AAU basketball in many regards. It's the changing tide of a cultural problem that the NCAA can't hold back. At some point, it's pointless to try.

It only makes sense that a top program like tOSU would be at the leading edge of a rule change
Called corruption. If Tate Martell canít play, Fields canít play. You canít make different rules for different schools.
Old 02-09-19, 01:02 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
I think it just shows the NCAA isn't interested in kicking up a political sh!tstorm
Old 02-09-19, 01:29 PM
All American

Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
I think it just shows the NCAA isn't interested in kicking up a political sh!tstorm
Bingo. My guess is Martell will be eligible to avoid this becoming a bigger issue.
Old 02-09-19, 01:35 PM
All American

Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
Called corruption. If Tate Martell canít play, Fields canít play. You canít make different rules for different schools.
The NCAA has to be very careful about opening Pandoraís Box. Otherwise, any black player transferring could lie to say they felt racially intimidated at a certain school.

I do and I donít blame Fields. For one, if he felt so intimidated at UGA bc of the issue with the baseball player, why didnít he leave right away? Furthermore, why is his Sister still there? However, I appreciate him wanting to get on the field ASAP. Thatís his job, and heís doing everything possible to get out there.

I still think heís ultimately a punk. He thought heíd come in, beat out Fromm with ease and when that didnít happen, he pouted.
Old 02-11-19, 09:08 AM
All District

TheJect is on a distinguished road
Who knows what they will do? I don't think the NCAA knows what it will do!
Old 02-11-19, 11:10 AM
All District

natihsfan is on a distinguished road
And yet Jacob Eason had to sit after transferring the year before from Georgia
Old 02-11-19, 12:08 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Fields knew what he was getting into at UGA - he should have to sit a year. The NCAA needs to make these transfer rules more black and white, it's too gray as is.

If you play a down at all, you have to sit the following season.
If you don't see the field at all, then you're eligible right away.
The grad transfer rule can stay in place but even that has basically become college free agency.
Old 02-11-19, 05:22 PM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
Just shows the NCAA is in bed with Ohio State. Pretty black and white Fields needs to sit a year.
These waivers are granted all the time. How does it benefit the NCAA to deny the waiver and face the racism accusations?
Old 02-11-19, 05:26 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
The question is, does Fields know the baseball player with the big mouth ?
Old 02-11-19, 05:28 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0st View Post
These waivers are granted all the time. How does it benefit the NCAA to deny the waiver and face the racism accusations?
They are becoming more and more commonplace. Just takes some Buckeye-butthurt to make some people take notice.....

...or private/public butthurt if it happens on the HS level.
Old 02-11-19, 05:55 PM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
They are becoming more and more commonplace. Just takes some Buckeye-butthurt to make some people take notice.....

...or private/public butthurt if it happens on the HS level.
The day they allowed the first waiver was the day they opened themselves up to this. Of course it was going to be abused. This is a multi-million dollar industry that can't afford to have an off season.
Old 02-11-19, 07:16 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar View Post
Bingo. My guess is Martell will be eligible to avoid this becoming a bigger issue.
True, one QB is black and one is a midget. Donít want to get the little people riled