Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-04-18, 09:22 PM
All American

SMARTY22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar View Post
Part of me thinks that’s reading into something not there, but it was a fairly ugly game w/ a lot of personal fouls. I believe one player from LS was hit with 3 or 4 PFs for taunting, yet was not ejected.
Per League website LaSalle had 4 Penalties for 50 yds. Moeller had 6 for 39 yds
Old 10-04-18, 09:28 PM
All American

CincyHSFootballFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMARTY22 View Post
Do you expect any less from LaSalle?? They run a lrogram based off who cares??
Old 10-04-18, 09:50 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHSFootballFan View Post
The only thing I expect from LaSalle is that they will keep running the place into the ground!
Old 10-04-18, 09:52 PM
All Ohio

Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Then it was 3 PFs... all on the same kid. Unacceptable that he wasnít tossed from the game. He needs to be benched for at least the first half of the X game.
Old 10-04-18, 09:53 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHSFootballFan View Post
Youíre making a big deal out of nothing. Last yearís game wasnít the boondoggle youíre making it sound like.
Old 10-04-18, 09:56 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar View Post
Then it was 3 PFs... all on the same kid. Unacceptable that he wasnít tossed from the game. He needs to be benched for at least the first half of the X game.
As I have said before, if it was 3 PFs on same kid and he wasnít Ejected then the Coaching Staff and School Leaders need serious help themselves!
Old 10-04-18, 09:58 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
As I have said before, if it was 3 PFs on same kid and he wasn’t Ejected then the Coaching Staff and School Leaders need serious help themselves!
I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt and say maybe they lost track of tally? Clearly, the officials did. If he isn’t sitting for at least part of the X game, that’s an issue.
Old 10-04-18, 10:14 PM
All American

I don’t blame Officials because I don’t know OHSAA Football Rules pertaining to certain # or type of penalties and Ejections. I blame LaSalle, the Coaching Staff should handle it after first PF or Taunting penalty. If same kid on any team makes it to 3 PFs in 1 game and doesn’t have consequences then someone from Athletic Dept or School Admin should address the player and Coach.
Old 10-04-18, 10:16 PM
All Ohio

epanther is on a distinguished road
How many games should a fan be benched when he gets ejected?

Last edited by epanther; 10-05-18 at 09:12 AM.
Old 10-04-18, 10:22 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I donít blame Officials because I donít know OHSAA Football Rules pertaining to certain # or type of penalties and Ejections. I blame LaSalle, the Coaching Staff should handle it after first PF or Taunting penalty. If same kid on any team makes it to 3 PFs in 1 game and doesnít have consequences then someone from Athletic Dept or School Admin should address the player and Coach.
I think they have discretion on whether or not they can elect someone. Itís not like college or the NFL where itís a hard 2 PFs and youíre gone.

Again, Iím giving McLaughlin the benefit of the doubt, bc thatís something you can easily miss. If they donít discipline him for the X game, then they deserve to be called out.
Old 10-05-18, 07:56 AM
All American

ElderHSfan02 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ElderHSfan02
Elder (4-2, 1-0 GCL-S) vs. Moeller (5-1, 2-0 GCL-S)

Kickoff: 7 p.m at Nippert Stadium

A Moeller victory Friday night at Nippert Stadium would give the Crusaders their first outright Greater Catholic League-South football championship since 2013. A win for the Panthers would guarantee Elder at least a share of the league title. Add in the postseason implications this game will have on Region 4 and there's no way to understate how important this game is for both teams. The Panthers enter the game with the league's top offense and are coming off a 51-26 blowout win against St. Xavier. Moeller has won three straight including a pair of close wins against St. X and La Salle. The Crusaders downed the Bombers 19-14 in Week 5 and beat the Lancers 21-14 in overtime this past week. Moeller's Chrystopher Watkins is the GCL-South's leading rusher while Elder's Michael Bittner is the league's leading passer. Expect a good-sized crowd and a playoff atmosphere at Nippert for this Skyline Crosstown Showdown game.

Picks: Elder (Weber, Hatch, Snodgrass, Dermer), Moeller (Springer, Richardson).
Old 10-05-18, 08:13 AM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know what the PFs were for? Not all personal foul penalties are unsportsmanlike conduct.

https://www.nfhs.org/sports-resource...emphasis-2018/

Quote:
Unsportsmanlike conduct fouls accumulate and any player or non-player who receives two such fouls is automatically disqualified from the contest. However, any single foul judged by the game official to be flagrant is disqualification. Unsportsmanlike conduct penalties are always enforced from the succeeding spot.
Old 10-05-18, 08:29 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post
Does anyone know what the PFs were for? Not all personal foul penalties are unsportsmanlike conduct.

https://www.nfhs.org/sports-resource...emphasis-2018/
I could be wrong, didnít see the game, but I talked to someone who watched the replay, and I was told they were all for taunting/Trash Talk. If thatís true, then he shouldíve been ejected and the officials missed it.
Old 10-05-18, 10:23 AM
All Ohio

Anyway, as far as tonight, Elder has the advantage on paper, based on common opponents. However, matchups are critical in football and Moe might be able to exploit Elder’s DL. My concern is they hammer the ball, and unlike X, they’ve got a true run game. They’ll want to bleed clock and keep Elder’s Offense off the field.

Also, does anyone know if Ammon is playing tonight? Special Teams will be a much bigger factor than last week. I’m actually a little bit more concerned about the Punt game than Kicking. E only punted a few times last week, and if I recall correctly, both were at or near midfield. If E gets backed up and has to punt, it’s going to give Moe great FP
Old 10-05-18, 10:29 AM
All Ohio

Fatman is on a distinguished road
I don't care what Elder wins by. I only care that they stomp the snot out of Moe!!!!!!
Old 10-05-18, 10:55 AM
All American

Jerry Maguire is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
I don't care what Elder wins by. I only care that they stomp the snot out of Moe!!!!!!
All of us here would like to see that. However, it seems Moe's defense is stout. Elder DL needs to show up because Moe has a good, powerful RB. I expect Elder to win, but a close a game is likely, especially given that the GCL title is on the line.
Old 10-05-18, 12:29 PM
All Ohio

Elder’s not going to put up the kind of Offense they did last week. It wasn’t necessarily a “fluke”, but they were damn near perfect and you can’t expect that every week.
Old 10-05-18, 04:24 PM
All American

If the O Line can repeat last week and the D stop the Run, should be be a good night for the Panthers
Old 10-05-18, 05:27 PM
All Region

ELDERfbfan is on a distinguished road
Looks like some rain may be moving into the area, who does the rain hurt more in this game?
Old 10-05-18, 07:25 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Not sure if any rain has moved in or not but definitely favors Moe. They're running their offense out of something called the Power I? Elder is having a tough time getting the running game going. Defense is playing tough though, Moeller's 2 scores came on short fields. Elder's had a couple 3 and outs but they've also been able to move the ball.
Old 10-05-18, 08:14 PM
Varsity

zbonski is on a distinguished road
Elder is shooting themselves in the foot. Why in the world would Ramsey call 2 running plays by the QB when Elder has 6 or so receivers to throw to. I hate to say it again, Ramsey is going to throw this game away. Again.
Old 10-05-18, 08:36 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Elder took some costly sacks tonight and the turnover in the red zone was absolutely killer. Reminded me a lot of last season's St Ignatius game - kicking game absolutely killed Elder. Between the field goals and the punter Elder was always looking at a long field.
Old 10-05-18, 08:38 PM
Junior Varsity

Mercurymorris22 is on a distinguished road
Not sure the most talented team won tonight, but the better prepared team did. Tell your coach to make some halftime adjustments. Look like a plain vanilla cake in the 2nd half.
Old 10-05-18, 08:49 PM
All World

Mr. Bojengo
Wow. Not sure where to even start on this one so I won't. Well coached/prepared teams will continue to give Elder fits, as always.
Old 10-05-18, 09:00 PM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Anyone coach can look smart when you blitz every play after your opponent loses a starting offensive lineman. The entire game changed after Finley went out.
Old 10-05-18, 09:10 PM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post
Anyone coach can look smart when you blitz every play after your opponent loses a starting offensive lineman. The entire game changed after Finley went out.
So dont you have to adjust? Keep a back in? Run a screen? Find where the blitzer is coming from and take advantage?
Old 10-05-18, 09:15 PM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN is on a distinguished road
I dont have as much an issue with the coaching as a few others seemingly do. I dont like how often we call the QB draw but it works every 3rd time for a 5-7 yard gain.

Elder had the better QB and the better WR (Trischler).

Moe had the better defense, running game, punter, kicker, offensive line etc. They took advantage of Elder playing single coverage, leaving the middle of the field wide open with no safety help. Special teams were huge for Moe.

All that being said, if you give Bittner time, he will find the open man and move the ball down the field. Elder just didnt give him time. Credit to Moeller, their defense is good.
Old 10-05-18, 09:17 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Elder took some costly sacks tonight and the turnover in the red zone was absolutely killer. Reminded me a lot of last season's St Ignatius game - kicking game absolutely killed Elder. Between the field goals and the punter Elder was always looking at a long field.
Moeller definitely won the FP battle. Elder had their chances to close out the game and they just couldn't finish. That 2nd Int was killer.

Except for the 2 big pass plays, the Defense played very well. The Run Defense was especially strong vs a very big and physical Moeller OL.

Last edited by Omar; 10-05-18 at 09:34 PM.
Old 10-05-18, 09:21 PM
All Yappi

Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
I feel sick after watching that game.
Old 10-05-18, 09:23 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig Hansen View Post
I feel sick after watching that game.
It definitely feels like Elder let this slip through their fingers. Especially difficult to have this team not win GCL in a year where they're probably the most talented team in the League.

Whatever direction the season goes from here is dependent on how mentally strong this team is. If they let go of this and regroup, there's no reason to think they can't win out. However, if they hang on to this, they'll struggle to get to 5-5.

Last edited by Omar; 10-05-18 at 09:37 PM.