Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-05-18, 11:35 AM
All District

NEOballer is on a distinguished road
Tusky Valley coach relieved of duties

Head coach & Dean of student at TVHS & MS on leave pending internal investigation.

http://fridaynightohio.com/news/1436...ved-of-duties/
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-18, 12:02 PM
All Ohio

FootballFan1795 is on a distinguished road
Glad I picked Sandy Valley in the week 3 pick-em.
Old 09-05-18, 01:12 PM
All Region

Rambo1980 is on a distinguished road
Wonder what this entails?
Old 09-05-18, 04:24 PM
All Ohio

Old56 is on a distinguished road
Long overdue from what I have heard.
Old 09-05-18, 06:05 PM
All Region

Stow78alum is on a distinguished road
So he swore at his players and got suspended?
Old 09-05-18, 08:40 PM
All Region

DickShadow is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old56 View Post
Long overdue from what I have heard.
Please enlighten us on exactly what did you hear?
Old 09-06-18, 07:09 AM
All District

shaggy25 is on a distinguished road
It was not just swearing at the players all the time and non stop F word at everyone for the past 3 years. There was a lot more going on. Then what he said to the players after the Fairless game, no parent would ever want someone saying that to their kids and get away with it. I am really shocked that this coach was ever hired in the first place at TV and kept his job for 3 years.
Old 09-06-18, 07:36 AM
Varsity

luvhsfb is on a distinguished road
Hopefully Coach gets his act together as he is a nice enough guy to talk to.His antics,tirades and and lack of class on the football field are not deserved by the TV players and community! They are good people!
Old 09-06-18, 07:36 AM
All American

peanut is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy25 View Post
It was not just swearing at the players all the time and non stop F word at everyone for the past 3 years. There was a lot more going on. Then what he said to the players after the Fairless game, no parent would ever want someone saying that to their kids and get away with it. I am really shocked that this coach was ever hired in the first place at TV and kept his job for 3 years.
Soft World we live in
Old 09-06-18, 08:06 AM
All Yappi

thePITman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy25 View Post
Then what he said to the players after the Fairless game, no parent would ever want someone saying that to their kids and get away with it.
What did he say after the Fairless game?
Old 09-06-18, 08:16 AM
All District

1 time is on a distinguished road
Wow Pitman. Have you not been in a lockeroom or playing field ? They already explained some things that were said. It's not brain surgery. Right or wrong, in a political correct world and this coach is done.
Old 09-06-18, 08:48 AM
All Ohio

chinwhip is on a distinguished road
we have become so soft
Old 09-06-18, 10:22 AM
All District

Old Rider is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 time View Post
Wow Pitman. Have you not been in a lockeroom or playing field ? They already explained some things that were said. It's not brain surgery. Right or wrong, in a political correct world and this coach is done.
Here is the problem....this whole country has become one big pile of pu**ys
Old 09-06-18, 01:15 PM
All Yappi

thePITman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
LoL Sorry, didn't mean to upset you. Coaches should be able to scream and swear; it's just what some of them do. You will get no complaints from me. I was just inquiring about the Fairless incident because the one poster seemed to think whatever was said was above and beyond normal screaming and swearing.
Old 09-06-18, 01:48 PM
All American

The Dock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rider View Post
Here is the problem....this whole country has become one big pile of pu**ys
What a shame that we live in a society where they may be consequences for what you’ve said.
Old 09-06-18, 03:32 PM
All American

Bluestreakoffice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dock View Post
What a shame that we live in a society where they may be consequences for what you’ve said.
Going by what I was told ...he made a heated remark to the team about oral gratification or the lack of and issues including terms of male genitalia . If that is the case why is this even being said by an adult in charge of high school kids to high school kids.
Old 09-06-18, 04:08 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I think it's a shame that some people can't find another more socially acceptable way to say it. The idea that it's not okay at Church but it's okay on the football field, maybe that's dated?

Even if not, a person in charge of kids should be able to handle a simple acting job. Otherwise, all is fair game, right? Drop those drawers. Scream the F and N words. All's fair? Anytime? Anyplace? My ears won't burn.

Either way, he's a public servant. The community and district has a responsibility to set its standards and he had a responsibility to meet them. Perhaps he can find a place where his standards and the district's standards match.
Old 09-06-18, 04:24 PM
All District

He won't in today's world. He may be wrong but when you have many spineless administrators and school boards you get coaches fired for usually "minor stuff"on a regular basis. You are now guilty until proven innocent. The joke of this political correct nation !
Old 09-06-18, 05:13 PM
All American

Quest4Gold
Quote:
Yes and we live in society where my child never does anything wrong!! That's a joke!!
Old 09-06-18, 05:35 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
He won't in today's world. He may be wrong but when you have many spineless administrators and school boards you get coaches fired for usually "minor stuff"on a regular basis. You are now guilty until proven innocent. The joke of this political correct nation !
My family was and is pretty rough around the edges. You tell them it's "politically correct" to object to a teacher speaking that way to their kids, they'll tell you to f-off and might take part of your car home.

People expect higher standards. That's not pc in MY book. If this coach is any good and if he really wanted to do the job, he should have pulled the stick out of his azz and acted "stuck-up" long enough to get off the field.

This is an ego issue. Not a PC issue.
Old 09-06-18, 06:18 PM
All District

I don't have a dog in the fight and apparently there are issues here He may be completely wrong and needs to be fired. I also know there's too many people getting fired for very little except for this new environment today. They're are a shortage of good coaches today because of PC and the spineless people running our schools.
Old 09-07-18, 08:26 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
I still recall our HS coach getting canned after 11 total games (after week 1 of his second season). Nothing like this doing something wrong apparently.

Season started before school that year. At the end of practice Monday a school official came out, talked to the coach at the end of practice, and then told the team that Coach ____was the new HC. Even tho practice and conditioning was over we stayed around, put in a whole new offensive playbook. Think we went into that Friday's game with 5-6 run plays and a handful of passing plays.

It is something that those kids will recall for a long time. I still remember many details about that practice and event

Last edited by thavoice; 09-07-18 at 09:00 AM.
Old 09-07-18, 08:31 AM
All Region

Blockbuster78 is on a distinguished road
Was this an isolated incident or is this his coaching style? I just wonder if he has coached this way his entire time at Tusky? If so has the administration spoken to him in the past about his coaching style? Overall this isn't a good look given the fact that he is a Dean of Students at the middle school. Does anyone have any facts to what lead to this or his history as a coach?
Old 09-07-18, 08:43 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
For what it's worth my high school coach back in the early 1970's was a WW2 vet and no one, I mean no one would call him "soft". But the man never used profanity. His favorite term was "goldarn it" and trust me when he spoke that word to a player that player paid attention.

BTW I have no problem with anger being directed at players. It's part of the harsh life lessons that football teaches. And maybe I'm just old school but IMO anger without control is a problem and when coaches go off and scream out obscenities at kids I see it as an adult throwing a temper tantrum. I just don't see a lot of positive life lessons in this.

Outside of my being an old fart maybe it was the fact that back in the 1970's a lot of football coaches had seen combat. Like I said our head coach was a WW2 vet and the assistant coach was a Korean War vet. These guys were intense but also seemed in control of their emotions. A stare from one of them was far more effective then shouting out cuss words.
Old 09-07-18, 08:55 AM
All World

COLTCOUNTRY is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
My family was and is pretty rough around the edges. You tell them it's "politically correct" to object to a teacher speaking that way to their kids, they'll tell you to f-off and might take part of your car home.

People expect higher standards. That's not pc in MY book. If this coach is any good and if he really wanted to do the job, he should have pulled the stick out of his azz and acted "stuck-up" long enough to get off the field.

This is an ego issue. Not a PC issue.
I agree. People get called out for their ridiculous behavior or speech and want to blame political correctness.

I am no fan of PC run amok. And let's face it, both sides of the aisle have their own form of PC.

From what I have heard, this guy crossed way too many lines that go way beyond political correctness.

Quit blaming everyone and everything else for your lousy behavior. How about some self-reflection?
Old 09-07-18, 09:13 AM
All American

the123kidz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockbuster78 View Post
Was this an isolated incident or is this his coaching style? I just wonder if he has coached this way his entire time at Tusky? If so has the administration spoken to him in the past about his coaching style? Overall this isn't a good look given the fact that he is a Dean of Students at the middle school. Does anyone have any facts to what lead to this or his history as a coach?
He is an intense coach on the field, someone you would have a beer with off the field. His teams, despite a lack of athletes played hard and usually gave teams a good fight.
Old 09-07-18, 11:00 AM
All Region

Blockbuster78 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the123kidz View Post
He is an intense coach on the field, someone you would have a beer with off the field. His teams, despite a lack of athletes played hard and usually gave teams a good fight.
It sounds like you know their coach well, I hope that everything works out for him. This is a tough age to coach and teach in, I wish him the best of luck.
Old 09-07-18, 11:25 AM
All Region

scbuckeye99 is on a distinguished road
As a former player (20 year ago) many of us regarded the coaches who rarely yelled or screamed with more respect than the ones who did. Case in point we had an O-Line coach who had played for Hayes at tOSU back in the early 60s who never cussed, never screamed. When he did yell or scream you instantly knew you had messed up something horrible because he never raised his voice. On the flip side we had a D-Coordinator who I think screamed in his sleep. At some point we all tuned him out.
Old 09-07-18, 03:56 PM
All American

Journey is on a distinguished road
This was not just profanity, it was pointed and vulgar. Coaches shouldn't act like that towards kids. The district did the right thing.