Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-08-18, 08:47 AM
All Region

Fair&Balanced is on a distinguished road
That team will win some games. While they have flaws, they're huge and have talent on both sides of the ball. They play tough schedule, but even 4 wins will provide a good amount of harbin points. Injuries happen, it's part of the game. X's QB didn't play last night because of injury.
Old 09-08-18, 08:53 AM
All Ohio

Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair&Balanced View Post
That team will win some games. While they have flaws, they're huge and have talent on both sides of the ball. They play tough schedule, but even 4 wins will provide a good amount of harbin points.
Whatís their Division equivalent for Ohio? And that team is very talented, but so very poorly coached. Iíd still take a bye if it means keeping players healthy for a ridiculously brutal final 7 games. Thereís no let up at all the rest of the Yr, every week a big time team is on the schedule. You donít think itís better to have all hands on deck than play a game where the risks of injury outweigh the benefits of a win?
Old 09-08-18, 09:12 AM
All Ohio

I’d also like to see Elder either get more reps for Tolbert at NT or go to a 4-3. They haven’t been good vs the run bc you can’t have Klingenbeck be the NT in a 3-4 at 240 lbs, he’s not big enough to plug the inside gaps. He needs to be at DE, period. It’s stupid thinking he can take on the blocks that Slocum did at 300 lbs. Also, start playing Massminster more at LB. He’s not as effective running the ball as Luebbe. Still, you need his speed and athleticism on the field.
Old 09-08-18, 09:32 AM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar View Post
Whatís their Division equivalent for Ohio? And that team is very talented, but so very poorly coached. Iíd still take a bye if it means keeping players healthy for a ridiculously brutal final 7 games. Thereís no let up at all the rest of the Yr, every week a big time team is on the schedule. You donít think itís better to have all hands on deck than play a game where the risks of injury outweigh the benefits of a win?
They're Division 2 equivalent for Harbin purposes according to Joe Eitel's site. An injury like last night can happen in practice, you're such a baby.
Old 09-08-18, 09:52 AM
All World

Mr. Bojengo
When will you all learn to ignore pboy? It's been obvious for years now he is an irrational whiner who makes misguided and illogical assertions. When you see his name, skip the post; it's really that simple. Even better is the more you do that, the less posts he will make. Everyone wins!
Old 09-08-18, 10:12 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
They're Division 2 equivalent for Harbin purposes according to Joe Eitel's site. An injury like last night can happen in practice, you're such a baby.
Yeah, but itís far less likely. Thatís 3 times in 5 seasons theyíve lost a key player in a useless game that didnít need to be scheduled.
Old 09-08-18, 02:04 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bojengo View Post
When will you all learn to ignore pboy? It's been obvious for years now he is an irrational whiner who makes misguided and illogical assertions. When you see his name, skip the post; it's really that simple. Even better is the more you do that, the less posts he will make. Everyone wins!
Do you think I get some type of masochistic enjoyment from this? I hate it, but I care too much to just let them piss away opportunities to be a successful program.

Last edited by Omar; 09-08-18 at 02:36 PM.
Old 09-08-18, 05:12 PM
All World

HTFF is on a distinguished road
Why even bother trying to reason or debate him. Heís a total joke. Really kind of pitiful
Old 09-08-18, 05:25 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTFF View Post
Why even bother trying to reason or debate him. He’s a total joke. Really kind of pitiful
What have said that’s wrong? I’m serious, please tell me. You think it’s easy being ostracized by the school? It’s not. However, I wouldn’t be much of a fan if I didn’t speak out. Things haven’t been great for a Decade, and outside of the extremely generous gift from Rudolph, they’re not doing a damn thing to get better. Every Yr it’s sit by and just hope you get athletes to come in to Elder. Good programs don’t run on hope. I’m not advocating discounting tuition for athletes, but at least make an effort to get them interested in the school.
Old 09-08-18, 06:02 PM
All World

Thatís the sad/pitiful part. You donít even know
Old 09-08-18, 07:48 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
That’s the sad/pitiful part. You don’t even know
I guess not, bc I expect better than what Elder’s put out the last 10 yrs. There’s something very wrong if you’re ok with zero outright GCL titles since ‘08. Save all the sanctimonious crap for the fans who are dumb enough to buy into that stuff. Until I see at least an attempt to get better talent into the school, I’m not going to drop it. The WAC schools are done, the talent is dried up and if you’re ok with just sitting back and letting Elder mire in mediocrity, you’re part of the problem. Wins are more important than your feelings.

Last edited by Omar; 09-08-18 at 08:23 PM.
Old 09-08-18, 08:31 PM
All Ohio

epanther is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I guess not, bc I expect better than what Elderís put out the last 10 yrs. Thereís something very wrong if youíre ok with zero outright GCL titles since Ď08. Save all the sanctimonious crap for the fans who are dumb enough to buy into that stuff. Until I see at least an attempt to get better talent into the school, Iím not going to drop it. The WAC schools are done, the talent is dried up and if youíre ok with just sitting back and letting Elder mire in mediocrity, youíre part of the problem. Wins are more important than your feelings.
Wow you sound just like the last 20 guys on here. You should get together with them and start a support group.
Old 09-08-18, 08:43 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I guess not, bc I expect better than what Elderís put out the last 10 yrs. Thereís something very wrong if youíre ok with zero outright GCL titles since Ď08. Save all the sanctimonious crap for the fans who are dumb enough to buy into that stuff. Until I see at least an attempt to get better talent into the school, Iím not going to drop it. The WAC schools are done, the talent is dried up and if youíre ok with just sitting back and letting Elder mire in mediocrity, youíre part of the problem. Wins are more important than your feelings.
Elder is about much more than wins and losses. That's what you fail to grasp.
Old 09-08-18, 08:56 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Elder is about much more than wins and losses. That's what you fail to grasp.
Spare me the sanctimonious routine. Winning still matters and when you don't have a Conference Title in a Decade, that should have fans raising hell. That hoity toity crap might work on stupid or insecure fans, but not me.
Old 09-08-18, 09:10 PM
All World

Quote:
Thanks for proving my point

Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.
Old 09-08-18, 09:32 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Thanks for proving my point

Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.
No, thanks for proving my point. If you think no GCL in 10 yrs is acceptable, your opinion doesn’t mean anything. All of this sanctimonious garbage is sickening, and you guys just keep falling for the same crap. Losing doesn’t make you special.
Old 09-08-18, 09:36 PM
All World

Your exaggerated importance of high school football speaks volumes about you. #joy(joke of yappi)
# sad
Old 09-08-18, 09:39 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Your exaggerated importance of high school football speaks volumes about you. #joy(joke of yappi)
# sad
Remind me of the type of forum we’re currently on. The bottom line is if the program doesn’t step up efforts to get better players in, they’re not worth supporting bc they’ll never get out of the mediocre scrum they’re in now. Why should we waste time and $ in the program when they don’t care enough to put their best foot forward. Let the legacy parents who only care about their kid’s PT foot the bill.
Old 09-08-18, 09:46 PM
All World

You are in the leader of the hypocrite forum
You chastise Elder for placating fans with an unnecessary 10th game then cry because as a fan you havenít been rewarded with a GCL title
#JOY
# hypocrite
Old 09-08-18, 09:47 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
You are in the leader of the hypocrite forum
You chastise Elder for placating fans with an unnecessary 10th game then cry because as a fan you haven’t been rewarded with a GCL title
#JOY
# hypocrite
That makes zero sense, literally not one bit of logic in that statement.
Old 09-08-18, 09:52 PM
All Ohio

The bottom line is Elder needs the get better. And it’s a problem when the ppl at the top don’t care about doing the necessary LEGAL things to get better. The Fitness Center is great, but that’s based on Rudolph’s generosity, not the Admin. And two, it still won’t help if they don’t get better talent. A sculptor is only as good as the clay he uses.
Old 09-08-18, 10:58 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Remind me of the type of forum weíre currently on. The bottom line is if the program doesnít step up efforts to get better players in, theyíre not worth supporting bc theyíll never get out of the mediocre scrum theyíre in now. Why should we waste time and $ in the program when they donít care enough to put their best foot forward. Let the legacy parents who only care about their kidís PT foot the bill.
Then once again, please leave. And make sure to let the door kick you in the azs on the way out.
Old 09-09-18, 05:04 AM
All American

SMARTY22 is on a distinguished road
Sans, Omar is crying again about not getting his way! Seems another meltdown and screen name coming. Will this occur before or after Ed’s game?
Old 09-09-18, 08:40 AM
All District

ElderHockeyDad
A ten game schedule shows toughness, a nine game schedule is participation trophy mentality.
Old 09-09-18, 10:23 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderHockeyDad View Post
A ten game schedule shows toughness, a nine game schedule is participation trophy mentality.
Preaching about toughness being more important than wins is the ultimate participation trophy mentality. Nobody keeps scores on toughness, so it’s an easy way to CYA. Never mind, you’re now the head of an athletic program that hasn’t won a big 3 GCL Title outright since Baseball in 2014.

Last edited by Omar; 09-09-18 at 11:32 AM.
Old 09-09-18, 11:30 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Then once again, please leave. And make sure to let the door kick you in the azs on the way out.
Why should I leave? Iím the only one who seems to care about restoring the prestige to the program. The rest of you are the selfish ones. You only care about YOUR son/grandson/Brother, you donít care about the team as a whole.

Itís a new era, the best players in the GCL donít come from the Catholic Feeders, itís just the reality. If your not willing to adapt to get better, then thereís no point in even having a Football team. Get rid of it and have intramurals so all of the kids can play and keep you selfish, ego absorbed ppl happy.
Old 09-09-18, 11:55 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair&Balanced View Post
X's QB didn't play last night because of injury.
Is he actually going to miss extended time or did X choose to rest him bc they knew Walnut wasnít a threat?
Old 09-09-18, 06:30 PM
All American

SMARTY22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderHockeyDad View Post
Bingo! The objective is to give the kids opportunities to compete!
Old 09-09-18, 06:35 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMARTY22 View Post
Bingo! The objective is to give the kids opportunities to compete!
Ask any of the players if they'd rather be competing in week 3 or week 11. Playing these horrible or undisciplined teams like Pitt Prep, Tunica, and FNB cost Elder two starting RBs for the year and the LT was dinged up enough he couldn't play in the 2nd half. If you weren't aware, there's some pretty important games coming up, and Elder needs all hands on deck. It's stupid risking the rest of the season to play these kinds of teams.
Old 09-09-18, 06:44 PM
All American

Vincent and Regina is on a distinguished road

I wonder what they will say about us.