Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Volleyball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-27-19, 01:57 PM
Falcon11 Falcon11 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 06-02-08
Posts: 208
Falcon11 is on a distinguished road
State Rankings

With tryouts being next week, does anyone have a top 10 prediction?

We've seen Cincinnati area and Columbus are threads, but nothing to cover the whole state.

Could also give predictions on the 8 teams in D1 that will make state and the 4 in D2!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 02-27-19, 02:01 PM
Brambleberry Brambleberry is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 06-12-07
Posts: 478
Brambleberry is on a distinguished road
My way too early top 10

1. Elder
2. St. Xavier
3. Darby
4. Moeller
5. Lakota East
6. St Charles
7. Alter
8. Beavercreek
9. Lasalle
10. St Ignatius
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-28-19, 01:44 PM
TSU2003 TSU2003 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 06-02-10
Posts: 134
TSU2003 is on a distinguished road
D1
South: Elder and St. X
East: Darby and Jerome
West: Beavercreek and Lakota East
North: St. Ignatius and Jackson

D2

South: Badin
East: St. Charles
West: Alter
North: Hoban
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-01-19, 09:19 AM
Falcon11 Falcon11 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 06-02-08
Posts: 208
Falcon11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSU2003 View Post
D1
South: Elder and St. X
East: Darby and Jerome
West: Beavercreek and Lakota East
North: St. Ignatius and Jackson

D2

South: Badin
East: St. Charles
West: Alter
North: Hoban
I've seen Jerome thrown out there a few times now, but I admittedly don't know anything about the program. Anyone have some info? I'm sure they're not just coming out of nowhere (as it seems to me).

The Badin/LaSalle battle in the South should be good. The other 3 are pretty much locks in D2, I think. Ned Gruber has built a nice program at St. Charles.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-01-19, 01:31 PM
TSU2003 TSU2003 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 06-02-10
Posts: 134
TSU2003 is on a distinguished road
Dublin Jerome went 18-6 last season, and I heard they brought back most of their team.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-04-19, 12:38 PM
ccalum ccalum is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Posts: 275
ccalum
Buckeye, I'm no expert, but will Walnut have more than St.X or Beavercreek?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-04-19, 01:09 PM
Falcon11 Falcon11 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 06-02-08
Posts: 208
Falcon11 is on a distinguished road
St. X should definitely be top 10. Hell, could probably be top 5. That's such a big omission that I'd guess they were accidentally left out.

As for Beavercreek, I'm less familiar with the program, but they did lose Mikesch, obviously. They also lost 2 2nd team west region players (Bell and Abbitt). They return a senior Setter/Libero (Hussain) and junior OH (Ricks) from the west HM team, though. I'd say they deserve to be top 10 until someone knocks them down a peg. Coach Bysak runs a good program there, so I'd expect them to reload fairly well.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-04-19, 02:03 PM
Brambleberry Brambleberry is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 06-12-07
Posts: 478
Brambleberry is on a distinguished road
St X, Elder ,and Darby will be the best teams this year
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-05-19, 10:39 AM
Falcon11 Falcon11 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 06-02-08
Posts: 208
Falcon11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeVolleyball View Post
My way too early Top 10
Division I
1. - Moeller
2. - Hilliard Darby
3. - Elder
4. - St. Ignatius
5. - St. X
6. - Jackson
7. - Mt. Vernon
8. - Lakota East
9. - Bevercreek
10.- Olentangy Orange

Division II
1. - St. Charles
2. - Alter
3. - Hoban
4. - Bishop Fenwick
5. - LaSalle
6. - Bishop Watterson
7. - McNicholas
8. - Walsh Jesuit
9. - Stephen T. Badin
10.- Briggs
Looks like Buckeye edited the rankings, lol.

I see Walnut is gone, but who else got knocked out when you put St X and Beavercreek in? I don't remember the original list.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-07-19, 11:15 AM
BuckeyeVolleyball BuckeyeVolleyball is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 03-05-18
Posts: 27
BuckeyeVolleyball is on a distinguished road
Faclon11 I had to redo mine again after looking and forgot to add a team

My way too early Top 10
Division I
1. - Moeller
2. - Hilliard Darby
3. - Elder
4. - St. Ignatius
5. - St. X
6. - Jackson
7. - Dublin Jerome
8. - Mt. Vernon
9. - Bevercreek
10.- Lakota East / Olentangy Orange

Division II
1. - St. Charles
2. - Alter
3. - Hoban
4. - Bishop Fenwick
5. - LaSalle
6. - Bishop Watterson
7. - McNicholas
8. - Walsh Jesuit
9. - Stephen T. Badin
10.- Briggs
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-07-19, 01:19 PM
Brambleberry Brambleberry is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 06-12-07
Posts: 478
Brambleberry is on a distinguished road
Can I ask why St X is at number 5 in your rankings? They have a lot of experienced talent at key positions. In my opinion, more than Moeller or Ignatius and on par with Elder and Darby
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-08-19, 09:12 AM
BuckeyeVolleyball BuckeyeVolleyball is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 03-05-18
Posts: 27
BuckeyeVolleyball is on a distinguished road
Since it is a way too early Top 10 because nobody has even played a match this season.

I had X at 5 because the lost some talented player from last years team for example Pung and Huber.
Moeller is the Defending State Champs so they got the 1st spot based on that.
Ignatius because they got some good players returning in Boeckman and Catanzaro.

I think things will change in a couple of weeks.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-08-19, 10:05 AM
Falcon11 Falcon11 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 06-02-08
Posts: 208
Falcon11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeVolleyball View Post
Since it is a way too early Top 10 because nobody has even played a match this season.

I had X at 5 because the lost some talented player from last years team for example Pung and Huber.
Moeller is the Defending State Champs so they got the 1st spot based on that.
Ignatius because they got some good players returning in Boeckman and Catanzaro.

I think things will change in a couple of weeks.
Huber was a very good player, but to say Pung was important to X last year is a stretch. He rarely played and St. X had a great season and beat Moeller without him at the end of the season.

I get the whole "You're #1 until someone beats you" thing, but that doesn't really apply to HS and College sports, for me. Especially not when Moeller lost a lot of their important pieces to graduation.

I think it's fairly clear Elder and St. X will at least start the year with more solid lineups. Moeller could get there with some in-season development.

Ignatius definitely deserves some respect, I agree.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-22-19, 11:33 AM
BuckeyeVolleyball BuckeyeVolleyball is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 03-05-18
Posts: 27
BuckeyeVolleyball is on a distinguished road
The 2019 Pre-Season Polls just came out on Ohio High School Boys Volleyball

State Poll
Division 1
1. - Archbishop Moeller (13) - 188
2. - Hilliard Darby (3) - 169
3. - Elder (4) - 160
4. - St. Xavier - 160
5. - Beavercreek (1) - 101
6. - St. Ignatius - 101
7. - Lakota East - 54
8. - Jackson - 40
9. - Olentangy - 31
10- Mt. Vernon - 30
11.-Dublin Jerome - 19
12. -Gahanna Lincoln - 19
13. -Northmont - 19
14.- Centerville - 15

Division 2
1. - St. Charles (16) - 198
2. - Archbishop Alter (3) - 189
3. - Bishop Fenwick (1) - 133
4. - Archbishop Hoban (1) - 130
5. - LaSalle - 91
6. - Walsh Jesuit - 79
7. - Bishop Watterson - 64
8. - Carroll - 53
9. - Worthington Kilbourne - 43
10- Chaminade-Julienne - 39
11. -Archbishop McNicholas - 37
12. -Stephen T. Badin - 30
13. -Briggs - 19
14. -Kent Roosevelt - 16

Region Polls
East Region
1. - Hilliard Darby - 59
2. - St. Charles - 55
3. - Mt. Vernon - 44
4. - Dublin Jerome - 32
5. - Gahanna Lincoln - 30
6. - Olentangy Liberty - 26
7. - Bishop Watterson - 24
8. - Hilliard Davidson - 17
9. - Olentangy - 17
10- Olentangy Orange - 14

North Region
1. - Jackson - 62
2. - St. Ignatius - 59
3. - Archbishop Hoban - 53
4. - Walsh Jesuit - 53
5. - Hudson - 39
6. - Kent Roosevelt - 33
7. - Brecksville-Broadview Hts. - 25
8. - Villa Angela - St. Joseph - 22
9. - St. Edward - 16
10- Stow - Munroe Falls - 13

South Region
1. - Archbishop Moeller - 28
2. - St. Xavier - 28
3. - Elder - 25
4. - Loveland - 18
5. - Oak Hills - 16
6. - LaSalle - 15
7. - Mason - 13
8. - Fairfield - 3
9. - Milford - 3
10- Stephen T. Badin - 3

West Region
1. - Beavercreek - 47
2. - Lakota East - 45
3. - Archbishop Alter - 38
4. - Bishop Fenwick - 33
5. - Carroll - 32
6. - Centerville - 23
7. - Northmont - 17
8. - Chaminade-Julienne - 15
9. - Kettering Fairmont - 14
10- Hamilton - 3
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-24-19, 09:03 PM
High Line High Line is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 04-28-17
Posts: 21
High Line is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeVolleyball View Post
The 2019 Pre-Season Polls just came out on Ohio High School Boys Volleyball

State Poll
Division 1
1. - Archbishop Moeller (13) - 188
2. - Hilliard Darby (3) - 169
3. - Elder (4) - 160
4. - St. Xavier - 160
5. - Beavercreek (1) - 101
6. - St. Ignatius - 101
7. - Lakota East - 54
8. - Jackson - 40
9. - Olentangy - 31
10- Mt. Vernon - 30
11.-Dublin Jerome - 19
12. -Gahanna Lincoln - 19
13. -Northmont - 19
14.- Centerville - 15

Division 2
1. - St. Charles (16) - 198
2. - Archbishop Alter (3) - 189
3. - Bishop Fenwick (1) - 133
4. - Archbishop Hoban (1) - 130
5. - LaSalle - 91
6. - Walsh Jesuit - 79
7. - Bishop Watterson - 64
8. - Carroll - 53
9. - Worthington Kilbourne - 43
10- Chaminade-Julienne - 39
11. -Archbishop McNicholas - 37
12. -Stephen T. Badin - 30
13. -Briggs - 19
14. -Kent Roosevelt - 16

Region Polls
East Region
1. - Hilliard Darby - 59
2. - St. Charles - 55
3. - Mt. Vernon - 44
4. - Dublin Jerome - 32
5. - Gahanna Lincoln - 30
6. - Olentangy Liberty - 26
7. - Bishop Watterson - 24
8. - Hilliard Davidson - 17
9. - Olentangy - 17
10- Olentangy Orange - 14

North Region
1. - Jackson - 62
2. - St. Ignatius - 59
3. - Archbishop Hoban - 53
4. - Walsh Jesuit - 53
5. - Hudson - 39
6. - Kent Roosevelt - 33
7. - Brecksville-Broadview Hts. - 25
8. - Villa Angela - St. Joseph - 22
9. - St. Edward - 16
10- Stow - Munroe Falls - 13

South Region
1. - Archbishop Moeller - 28
2. - St. Xavier - 28
3. - Elder - 25
4. - Loveland - 18
5. - Oak Hills - 16
6. - LaSalle - 15
7. - Mason - 13
8. - Fairfield - 3
9. - Milford - 3
10- Stephen T. Badin - 3

West Region
1. - Beavercreek - 47
2. - Lakota East - 45
3. - Archbishop Alter - 38
4. - Bishop Fenwick - 33
5. - Carroll - 32
6. - Centerville - 23
7. - Northmont - 17
8. - Chaminade-Julienne - 15
9. - Kettering Fairmont - 14
10- Hamilton - 3


Did something change from Friday or is there another place they are posting polls. This it completely different from what I see on Ohio Boys Volleyball.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-24-19, 09:24 PM
adselder09 adselder09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 14,496
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Line View Post
Did something change from Friday or is there another place they are posting polls. This it completely different from what I see on Ohio Boys Volleyball.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe they received a few ballots late from some coaches and updated them. I noticed Moeller went up to 15 first place votes. Elder jumped Darby from #3 to #2. The Polls are nice to look at but ultimately completely irrelevant since everything will play out on the court. About the only usefulness the polls have is seeding for the Centerville Elite Tournament - think it also was used in a similar tournament for D2 teams but I'm not sure that's still going on.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All-Time Playoff Scores (1972-2018) EagleFan Football 71 01-21-19 07:24 PM
Ohio All-Star Wrestling Team Now Accepting Applications for 2019 & 2020 Teams Ohio TofC Wrestling 3 10-23-18 11:37 AM
Hoover D-1 District Rankings (Off-Season #1) McClearn7 Wrestling 4 06-09-18 08:05 PM
Alliance D-2 District Rankings (Off-Season #1) McClearn7 Wrestling 1 05-23-18 06:52 AM
Heath D-2 District Rankings (Off Season #3) McClearn7 Wrestling 7 09-03-17 05:38 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz