Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 11-14-17, 12:48 AM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
I think you're a hypocritical piece of crap. You constantly post high and mighty about how Christian/Catholic values are important to you and then come in here with this type of post, another talking down to Pboy for not fully understanding tax exempt status and charitable donations in the form of tuition. You insult anyone who doesn't agree with you, but the second someone wants to bring up religion, God or Jesus you act like you're an alter boy. You immediately insult anyone on Yappi that doesn't agree with you.

Matthew 6:1-34. You're the type of person Matthew is talking about, not talking to.
Nice. Well, consider this. He has the perception that Elder is "unsafe" while entertaining the possibility of sending his kids to Campbell Co which he perceives as "safe". He could send his kids to Elder where they will never attend school with a single adjudicated felon, or even a serious misdemeanor or Campbell County were they would be attending class with at least a dozen of them.

Perhaps I was too harsh on V&R, but the facts are that the areas around Elder and Seton are safe and getting safer, but I guess I would not expect anyone who lives in Ft. Thomas to know that. V&R apparently loves Elder so much that he moved across the river and will be sending his kids to a public school over there rather than Elder. OK?

I do have a problem with over protective parents, especially when I know they see danger around every corner.

As far as P-Boy is concerned, I was not particularly harsh. I guess he has never donated to a church and received his donation summary for tax purposes. I figured at some time he would have made a donation to a church. I guess I should be sorry I had made that assumption.

Thank you for what you must believe is your Christian (yet vile and insulting) response to my evil postings.
Old 11-14-17, 01:03 AM
All American

Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
Every year there are kids who walk the halls of Elder with serious misdemeanors. Often times there are kids who walk Elder’s halls who don’t have misdemeanors or felonies, but are worse than those that do. They are just better connected or don’t get caught. There were multiple drug dealers at Elder when I was there. But since they weren’t caught and arrested, they’re better people than the kids at Campbell County? That makes them safer than the kids at Campbell County? No, just more of your fake Christian bull crap.

There’s a million other factors, besides proximity to ones preferred high school, that go into where someone chooses to live. But i guess I would not expect the resident nut job to know that.

You don’t know V&R is an overprotective parent. You made a snap judgement based on one post and insulted him. You don’t know he sees danger in every corner.

Maybe he has, maybe he hasn’t. Maybe, as someone who is 30ish, he hasn’t had the resources to donation to the Church big enough to make note of It on taxes. That doesn’t change the fact you attacked him again for something he didn’t even originally bring up! Fair and Balanced brought up the rumor that LaSalle takes loans against Elder’s money. PBoy simply voiced his opinion that, if true, it’s wrong. But you’re a fake Christian and attacked him.

It isn’t my Christian response. I’m not a pathetic, insecure man who hides behind the name of God. I don’t pretend to be a Christian when I give my vile and insulting responses to others. The same cannot be said for you. Don’t know why I keep reading your posts, you’re just a bitter man. It’ll be a joy to no longer read your posts after this.

Last edited by Taco MacArthur; 11-14-17 at 01:37 AM.
Old 11-14-17, 02:20 AM
All World

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair&Balanced View Post
The loans are happening. LaSalle isn't an archdiocesan school either. I was told the Archdiocese can and does influence X to do for the "greater good". I wouldn't think this is a problem for X. The problem is: Elder's endowment is lending money to LaSalle without them having a way to pay it back. LaSalle continues to do the same things they have done for years as if they have a limitless budget. Their promises, the nonsense from their blowhards and marketing in traditional Elder areas. Ironic isn't it?
Exactly, why if true, we need to pushback on the Diocese. Elder can't do it, the Diocese basically has a gun to their head, but we can cause a stir and make things unpleasant for them. If true, this is theft. Perhaps not legally, but spiritually (ironic), the AB is leading a Ponzi Scheme.

Last edited by Descartes; 11-14-17 at 02:44 AM.
Old 11-14-17, 02:42 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post

Perhaps I was too harsh on V&R, but the facts are that the areas around Elder and Seton are safe and getting safer, but I guess I would not expect anyone who lives in Ft. Thomas to know that. V&R apparently loves Elder so much that he moved across the river and will be sending his kids to a public school over there rather than Elder. OK?

Fair point. IDC if he goes to every game, a true alumni wouldn't even question the idea on where to send his kids. Again, if you live in the TriState and don't send your kids to Elder, it's a b1tch move.
Old 11-14-17, 05:50 AM
All American

Vincent and Regina is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers&Vols View Post
Why should/does the archdiocese have their hands in Elders pocket? That seems odd that they would have the ability to take money from Elder for any reason.
I can't speak for the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, but I can speak for the Diocese of Covington. Anything you drop in the collection plate on Sunday the Diocese takes 13% off the top, no exceptions.

Think about it like this. The Parish is like the city government. The Diocese/Archdiocese is like the State government, and anything that comes from the Pope is the Federal government. It isn't the perfect comparison but it helps.

I love Jesus I believe in Jesus, but some times the people who OPERATE the Catholic Church scares me with the way they do business.

Last edited by Vincent and Regina; 11-14-17 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Added Government section
Old 11-14-17, 06:01 AM
All American

Vincent and Regina is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Every year there are kids who walk the halls of Elder with serious misdemeanors. Often times there are kids who walk Elderís halls who donít have misdemeanors or felonies, but are worse than those that do. They are just better connected or donít get caught. There were multiple drug dealers at Elder when I was there. But since they werenít caught and arrested, theyíre better people than the kids at Campbell County? That makes them safer than the kids at Campbell County? No, just more of your fake Christian bull crap.

Thereís a million other factors, besides proximity to ones preferred high school, that go into where someone chooses to live. But i guess I would not expect the resident nut job to know that.

You donít know V&R is an overprotective parent. You made a snap judgement based on one post and insulted him. You donít know he sees danger in every corner.

Maybe he has, maybe he hasnít. Maybe, as someone who is 30ish, he hasnít had the resources to donation to the Church big enough to make note of It on taxes. That doesnít change the fact you attacked him again for something he didnít even originally bring up! Fair and Balanced brought up the rumor that LaSalle takes loans against Elderís money. PBoy simply voiced his opinion that, if true, itís wrong. But youíre a fake Christian and attacked him.

It isnít my Christian response. Iím not a pathetic, insecure man who hides behind the name of God. I donít pretend to be a Christian when I give my vile and insulting responses to others. The same cannot be said for you. Donít know why I keep reading your posts, youíre just a bitter man. Itíll be a joy to no longer read your posts after this.
Don't worry I won't take PurpleMojo's worthless two cents into consideration when raising my kids. He has a very narrow worthless worldview.

When I was at Elder I knew I went to school with some kids who were not angles. I am sure the kids at Campbell County and Brossart are not angels too. I bet all three schools have some really good kids at them. My job as a parent is to guide my kids into becoming friends with the good kids.

I used the comparison to show that people have choices.
Old 11-14-17, 06:46 AM
Varsity

?????? is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent and Regina View Post
I can't speak for the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, but I can speak for the Diocese of Covington. Anything you drop in the collection plate on Sunday the Diocese takes 13% off the top, no exceptions.

Think about it like this. The Parish is like the city government. The Diocese/Archdiocese is like the State government, and anything that comes from the Pope is the Federal government. It isn't the perfect comparison but it helps.

I love Jesus I believe in Jesus, but some times the people who OPERATE the Catholic Church scares me with the way they do business.
A friggin-men
Old 11-14-17, 07:33 AM
All World

I've been told this is absolutely NOT true.
Old 11-14-17, 08:31 AM
Varsity

?????? is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Every year there are kids who walk the halls of Elder with serious misdemeanors. Often times there are kids who walk Elderís halls who donít have misdemeanors or felonies, but are worse than those that do. They are just better connected or donít get caught. There were multiple drug dealers at Elder when I was there. But since they werenít caught and arrested, theyíre better people than the kids at Campbell County? That makes them safer than the kids at Campbell County? No, just more of your fake Christian bull crap.

Thereís a million other factors, besides proximity to ones preferred high school, that go into where someone chooses to live. But i guess I would not expect the resident nut job to know that.

You donít know V&R is an overprotective parent. You made a snap judgement based on one post and insulted him. You donít know he sees danger in every corner.

Maybe he has, maybe he hasnít. Maybe, as someone who is 30ish, he hasnít had the resources to donation to the Church big enough to make note of It on taxes. That doesnít change the fact you attacked him again for something he didnít even originally bring up! Fair and Balanced brought up the rumor that LaSalle takes loans against Elderís money. PBoy simply voiced his opinion that, if true, itís wrong. But youíre a fake Christian and attacked him.

It isnít my Christian response. Iím not a pathetic, insecure man who hides behind the name of God. I donít pretend to be a Christian when I give my vile and insulting responses to others. The same cannot be said for you. Donít know why I keep reading your posts, youíre just a bitter man. Itíll be a joy to no longer read your posts after this.
Unfortunately guys like Mojo tend to draw attention to themselves, and Elder, and Catholics. Mojo( and others like him) paint a horrible perception of Elder and the westside. We went down this road months ago with him. He fails to realize that there is a world out there that doesn't wear purple and eats meat on Friday's.
Old 11-14-17, 08:58 AM
Varsity

IKS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The loans are happening. LaSalle isn't an archdiocesan school either. I was told the Archdiocese can and does influence X to do for the "greater good". I wouldn't think this is a problem for X. The problem is: Elder's endowment is lending money to LaSalle without them having a way to pay it back. LaSalle continues to do the same things they have done for years as if they have a limitless budget. Their promises, the nonsense from their blowhards and marketing in traditional Elder areas. Ironic isn't it?
LaSalle is an Archdiocesan school. Elder is an Archdiocesan school. X is not. Please know your facts before getting p-boy all excited. Your arguments (maybe warranted) get weakened when using factually incorrect statements.
Old 11-14-17, 09:01 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers&Vols View Post
Why should/does the archdiocese have their hands in Elders pocket? That seems odd that they would have the ability to take money from Elder for any reason.
They OWN the school.
Old 11-14-17, 09:03 AM
Varsity

Quote:

The assessment for Cincinnati is about 10%.
Old 11-14-17, 09:14 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
Unfortunately guys like Mojo tend to draw attention to themselves, and Elder, and Catholics. Mojo( and others like him) paint a horrible perception of Elder and the westside. We went down this road months ago with him. He fails to realize that there is a world out there that doesn't wear purple and eats meat on Friday's.
It's all moot. LS isn't borrowing $ from Elder, unless the Office Manager at the Diocese flat out lied to me.
Old 11-14-17, 09:17 AM
All World

Quote:
Don't worry I won't take PurpleMojo's worthless two cents into consideration when raising my kids. He has a very narrow worthless worldview.

When I was at Elder I knew I went to school with some kids who were not angles. I am sure the kids at Campbell County and Brossart are not angels too. I bet all three schools have some really good kids at them. My job as a parent is to guide my kids into becoming friends with the good kids.

I used the comparison to show that people have choices.
You're so full of crap, you only care about Elder as a football team. Your opinion on the school means nothing.
Old 11-14-17, 09:42 AM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
It's all moot. LS isn't borrowing $ from Elder, unless the Office Manager at the Diocese flat out lied to me.
You think they would come out and just admit to you that's what they were doing? Unless the Office Manager is a close friend or relative,why would they have any reason to tell you if that was true or not?
Old 11-14-17, 09:49 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
You're so full of crap, you only care about Elder as a football team. Your opinion on the school means nothing.
Relax Pboy you were doing so well for the couple weeks after football ended. Care to explain how this guy would get his kid(s) to Elder while living in Ft Thomas and still getting to work? I realize it isn't afar drive but it is if one's work is in the opposite direction.

If you're a Westsider considering X or LS over Elder, while being an Elder Grad, by all means bich and moan over that, but even Anderson or Northern Kentucky is tough. At least Elder is on the way downtown for most Westsiders, though fewer and fewer are actually working downtown anymore.
Old 11-14-17, 09:57 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
You think they would come out and just admit to you that's what they were doing? Unless the Office Manager is a close friend or relative,why would they have any reason to tell you if that was true or not?
I'm a parishioner, they work for us.
Old 11-14-17, 09:58 AM
All World

Quote:
Relax Pboy you were doing so well for the couple weeks after football ended. Care to explain how this guy would get his kid(s) to Elder while living in Ft Thomas and still getting to work? I realize it isn't afar drive but it is if one's work is in the opposite direction.

If you're a Westsider considering X or LS over Elder, while being an Elder Grad, by all means bich and moan over that, but even Anderson or Northern Kentucky is tough. At least Elder is on the way downtown for most Westsiders, though fewer and fewer are actually working downtown anymore.
You find a way. End of story. It's a shorter drive than a lot of kids coming from Cleves.
Old 11-14-17, 11:47 AM
All Yappi

Don Flamenco
Quote:
The problem is: Elder's endowment is lending money to LaSalle without them having a way to pay it back. LaSalle continues to do the same things they have done for years as if they have a limitless budget. Their promises, the nonsense from their blowhards and marketing in traditional Elder areas. Ironic isn't it?
I've heard rumors about this as well and it is infuriating if true. Who was responsible for this whole set up in the first place? Did the Archdiocese force Elder and St X to agree to this setup or was it an Elder administrator who agreed to it? Elder will NEVER see that money again.
Old 11-14-17, 11:49 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Flamenco View Post
I was told this as well and it is infuriating. Who was responsible for this whole set up in the first place?
I emailed the Diocese and was told flat out its not true. The Office Manager's name is Pat Ripley, if you want to reach out. He could be lying, but I doubt it.
Old 11-14-17, 11:53 AM
All Yappi

Don Flamenco
Quote:
Do you think they'd honestly tell you the truth if they were doing this? The Archdiocese has a longstanding history of lying, being dishonest with its parishioners and covering things up.
Old 11-14-17, 12:00 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Flamenco View Post
Do you think they'd honestly tell you the truth if they were doing this? The Archdiocese has a longstanding history of lying, being dishonest with its parishioners and covering things up.
What they're being accused of isn't illegal. If it were true, I'm sure they'd try to justify it with some bs response about "helping other schools of faith." However, if they are lying, and I find out, I will personally burn that place to the ground (metaphorically speaking, so as not to be interpreted as a threat).
Old 11-14-17, 12:06 PM
All District

superduper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What they're being accused of isn't illegal. If it were true, I'm sure they'd try to justify it with some bs response about "helping other schools of faith." However, if they are lying, and I find out, I will personally burn that place to the ground (metaphorically speaking, so as not to be interpreted as a threat).
Allah U Akbar!!!!!!!!
Old 11-14-17, 12:13 PM
All Yappi

If any of this true, that the Archdiocese is using Elder or St X money to bail out LaSalle, it needs to be made public. Even if it isn't illegal, which is puzzling as to how it's not, it's an incredibly poor management job by the Archdiocese. Let's continue to piss away money at the expense of two schools who are doing just fine financially. When/how can these schools tell the Archdiocese to get lost?
Old 11-14-17, 12:19 PM
All American

trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Power to the people.

They told them to get lost when it came to the sports fee, and rightfully so. The more their shenanigans are made public, the better, because people will stand up to it if they know about it. Most of it, they don't know about.
Old 11-14-17, 01:03 PM
All World

Quote:
If any of this true, that the Archdiocese is using Elder or St X money to bail out LaSalle, it needs to be made public. Even if it isn't illegal, which is puzzling as to how it's not, it's an incredibly poor management job by the Archdiocese. Let's continue to piss away money at the expense of two schools who are doing just fine financially. When/how can these schools tell the Archdiocese to get lost?
Since the Diocese owns the physical land on which Elder SIt's, there's not much they can do. The reason I do not believe the Diocese lied to me is bc they don't have to. They could be lending from to LS from other school's Endowments and we'd have no legal recourse. They technically work for us (parishioners), but it's kinda like politicians, where the delegates have the power and not their employers.
Old 11-14-17, 01:18 PM
All American

I get that train of thought but even with no legal recourse, there's still the PR aspect of it.
Old 11-14-17, 01:20 PM
All World

Quote:
I get that train of thought but even with no legal recourse, there's still the PR aspect of it.
True, but they could justify it under religious pretenses.
Old 11-14-17, 01:26 PM
All American

They can justify anyway they want but in the court of public opinion that doesn't really matter much. In the PR aspect of it all that matters is Elder money is being taken from Elder and given to LaSalle.
Old 11-14-17, 01:38 PM
All World

Quote:
They can justify anyway they want but in the court of public opinion that doesn't really matter much. In the PR aspect of it all that matters is Elder money is being taken from Elder and given to LaSalle.
They got skewered by public opinion a few yrs ago with the restrictions on employees participating in gay marriage ceremonies and they didn't seem to care. Hell, Roger Rosen broke down in tears and called himself a coward on the news for signing the agreement and it didn't impact them.

My point is they don't live in the real world. They seem to care very little about public opinion.
Closed Thread