Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
La Salle by 17+ 2 2.30%
La Salle by 8-16 3 3.45%
La Salle by 1-7 31 35.63%
Winton Woods by 1-7 17 19.54%
Winton Woods by 8-16 26 29.89%
Winton Woods by 17+ 8 9.20%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-17, 07:02 PM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WX Dude View Post
The game isn't moving anywhere. WLSN radio was the one trying to get the game moved. I am okay with it wherever it goes as long as there is room for the Waycross truck and crew.
Say what you want
Old 11-13-17, 07:06 PM
All District

wrestlingdad3 is on a distinguished road
Yeah the refs will do all they can to keep the Lancers from a 4 peat so you are right it won't be a blow out. We are used to not getting any calls so the Lancers will be fine. Adapt and over come. Speed kills and we have more of it.
Old 11-13-17, 07:12 PM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingdad3 View Post
Yeah the refs will do all they can to keep the Lancers from a 4 peat so you are right it won't be a blow out. We are used to not getting any calls so the Lancers will be fine. Adapt and over come. Speed kills and we have more of it.
More what???
Old 11-13-17, 07:26 PM
All World

HTFF is on a distinguished road
Playoff experience=LaSalle
Athleticism =WW
Coaching=LaSalle
Tough to beat a team 2X in one year
Psychological advantage, game, set match = LaSalle
Old 11-13-17, 07:37 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTFF View Post
Playoff experience=LaSalle
Athleticism =WW
Coaching=LaSalle
Tough to beat a team 2X in one year
Psychological advantage, game, set match = LaSalle
We will see
Old 11-13-17, 08:54 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WX Dude View Post
The game isn't moving anywhere. WLSN radio was the one trying to get the game moved. I am okay with it wherever it goes as long as there is room for the Waycross truck and crew.
I don't think the stadium has an actual press box. I think coaches might use classrooms that overlook the field. I'm dead serious. Can anyone verify this because I'm not sure. I was there for the Winton Woods/Withrow scrimmage and WW was attempting to video the action and I overheard a Withrow official tell the young man he can tape from a classroom and took him in.
Old 11-13-17, 09:12 PM
All Ohio

TWILLKE is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Anderson didn't have a good strategy when it came to kicking the ball to us. The WW return game (punt and kickoff) is causing major problems for opponents. I wander what the LaSalle strategy will be? I think the Lancer placekicker can put it in the endzone but punting is going to be a problem.
placekicker just missed from 51 last Friday wide right

punting may be a different story, but still should ave about 35-40 yds.....and they know how to block the rush (anderson could use some learning on that one)
Old 11-13-17, 09:17 PM
All Ohio

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by donmagicron View Post
it's frustrating because we feel that this winton woods team is not too much more talented than some of our others, definitely including last season. While lasalle was handling their business i thought wth we are really the only team that can compete in this region. We didn't handle business and missed opportunity to compete. Thats all we want is the chance to compete. Thats what makes us so dangerous is because we got a huge chip on our shoulder because of missed opportunities and it's no one's fault but winton woods.
huh??? You got a chip on your shoulder because you screwed up in the past. You get a few bad calls friday and your anger just might beget more, something you are known for.....

You are one of the two best in d2 in this area and maybe the state and you'll play to find out who is #1.
Old 11-13-17, 09:20 PM
All Ohio

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by donmagicron View Post
that's something else i wanted to bring up. Lasalle gets a ton of penalties. And this is coming from a winton woods supporter, so it's must be a lot. Lasalle vs harrison 11 penalties 105 yards, lasalle vs sidney 8 penalties 100 yards. Now i understand that the officials will do whatever they can to keep it from being a warriors blowout but don't think it will be enough of a penalty difference to affect the final outcome of this game.
so now it's blame the refs if ww loses?????
Old 11-13-17, 09:34 PM
All American

mrsimp06 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
The powers that be at LaSalle are trying to get the venue changed.
they know they will not be comfortable in this setting, as I said previously Warrior faithful are sitting at the 50 yard line regardless of being designated the away team.
Old 11-13-17, 09:35 PM
All Ohio

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by htff View Post
playoff experience=lasalle
athleticism = ww
coaching=lasalle a chance to see if ww coaches can adapt to this level and keep kids focused
tough to beat a team 2x in one year boy i'd like to see the stats on that one in any sport
psychological advantage, game, set match = lasalle
ww riding high right now on youthful exuberance.....

Ww is a very good team with many offensive weapons. Pretty good d also. They are a formidable opponent. Will rain make a difference? Who knows. Will be a good game first team down by 10+ may have a hard time catching up.
Old 11-13-17, 09:39 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimp06 View Post
they know they will not be comfortable in this setting, as I said previously Warrior faithful are sitting at the 50 yard line regardless of being designated the away team.
why ARE U BEING SUCH an azzzz about this. can't u just go where the powers that be assign both schools. why be such a scheeet
Old 11-13-17, 09:40 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWILLKE View Post
placekicker just missed from 51 last Friday wide right

punting may be a different story, but still should ave about 35-40 yds.....and they know how to block the rush (anderson could use some learning on that one)
Oh. Winton Woods has blocked alot of punts this season. I think one in each of our last 4 games. I thought we blocked one against LaSalle too. Maybe not.
Old 11-13-17, 09:44 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
huh??? You got a chip on your shoulder because you screwed up in the past. You get a few bad calls friday and your anger just might beget more, something you are known for.....

You are one of the two best in d2 in this area and maybe the state and you'll play to find out who is #1.
Huh? I don't have a chip on my shoulder. I'm known for my anger? I thought I was known for my arrogance and Obama like elitists attitude.
Old 11-13-17, 09:56 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Huh? I don't have a chip on my shoulder. I'm known for my anger? I thought I was known for my arrogance and Obama like elitists attitude.
football threads only please..... politics belong somewhere else
Old 11-13-17, 10:57 PM
All American

Quote:
why ARE U BEING SUCH an azzzz about this. can't u just go where the powers that be assign both schools. why be such a scheeet
No, that will not occur sitting in the end zone or the corner is out of the question, in fact it's not even a option. totally foul to stick a fan base in the endzone.

Last edited by mrsimp06; 11-13-17 at 11:18 PM.
Old 11-13-17, 11:47 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
so now it's blame the refs if ww loses?????
No. That's not what he is saying
Old 11-14-17, 12:34 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
they know they will not be comfortable in this setting, as i said previously warrior faithful are sitting at the 50 yard line regardless of being designated the away team.
Click image for larger version

Name:	181ec249c138159bbdada3ca6100f58a.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	1936
Old 11-14-17, 12:42 AM
All Ohio

W@rrior 11 is on a distinguished road
I like Withrow Stadium but those concrete seats will be cold on Friday. Plenty of seating although and I'm excited to see how full the stadium gets.
Old 11-14-17, 04:48 AM
All Region

PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
It is true that Withrow has no press box.
Old 11-14-17, 05:33 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Okay, Brick. Donít forget your trident.
Old 11-14-17, 07:47 AM
All Region

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
It is true that Withrow has no press box.
I have coached multiple games there against Withrow and other teams that use it as their home field, and press box is not an issue. They don't have a "separate built" press box, but it is integrated into the school. There are 3 completely separated areas, 1 for each team, and 1 for PA & stats. It is not a classroom. I have had more room in there than just about everywhere but Elder's monstrous press box.
Old 11-14-17, 08:12 AM
All Yappi

MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Even if stadium staff direct them otherwise? That would be kind of un-adult-like.
Old 11-14-17, 08:22 AM
All Yappi

BigBallin'4theFuture is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I don't think the stadium has an actual press box. I think coaches might use classrooms that overlook the field. I'm dead serious. Can anyone verify this because I'm not sure. I was there for the Winton Woods/Withrow scrimmage and WW was attempting to video the action and I overheard a Withrow official tell the young man he can tape from a classroom and took him in.
There is no press box, per se. However, there are adjoining mid-size hallways which overlook the 50 at the top of the stadium that serves as good spaces for video, etc. Teams utilize these spaces ALL of the time and have yet to complain.

All of this talk about the facilities at Withrow is funny as hell....play the game and may the best team win. (Go Warriors! )
Old 11-14-17, 08:28 AM
All Yappi

BigBallin'4theFuture is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
The stadium itself does look really cool in the photo.

However, and maybe its just the angle of the pic, the actual playing field looks really really far away from the stands. Like 35+ yards away and I am not exaggerating. First you have a ramp to get into the stands, then a sizable walking area in front, then a track which always sucks, but once the turf starts it still seems the actual field is 15+ yards away. It's so far away the light towers are actually in front of the stands which I am not sure I've ever seen before. Again, maybe just the angle of the photo

Don't get me wrong, I wish Elder was still around and would watch them play at Hilltop Park if necessary. But with all the better options, absolutely no reason to have this game at Withrow.
Definitely camera angles. Take a cushioned seat, blankets, hot drinks and have fun. Angus King Stadium is a great place to watch a game.
Old 11-14-17, 08:39 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBallin'4theFuture View Post
All of this talk about the facilities at Withrow is funny as hell....play the game and may the best team win. (Go Warriors! )
Ordinarily, I'd agree.

And while I assume there will be plenty of room for all fans to get a sideline seat, I'd be irritated if I had to watch a regional final from 35 yards behind the end zone when so many other possible venues could have been available.

Also, what I've heard of the parking situation is concerning. The Google Maps view from above on Withrow looks disappointingly different than that of Miamisburg, where La Salle was last week.
Old 11-14-17, 08:52 AM
All Region

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMantle View Post
Ordinarily, I'd agree.

And while I assume there will be plenty of room for all fans to get a sideline seat, I'd be irritated if I had to watch a regional final from 35 yards behind the end zone when so many other possible venues could have been available.

Also, what I've heard of the parking situation is concerning. The Google Maps view from above on Withrow looks disappointingly different than that of Miamisburg, where La Salle was last week.
Parking does suck, but it does at other places as well. GCL folks should remember the struggle at Elder before the purchase of the building behind the school and before Seton next store built the parking garage. Even with all of that, I still have to park blocks away when I go to an Elder home game. Relax everyone, and enjoy a good ol fashioned hard-nosed football game.
Old 11-14-17, 08:54 AM
All American

Time to turn the page on this topic I'm sure contracts have been signed and it is what it is. How the hell is the Warriors going to run against this 7 man front, rewatched the game and man the Lasalle kids swarm to the ball.
Old 11-14-17, 09:18 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Time to turn the page on this topic I'm sure contracts have been signed and it is what it is. How the hell is the Warriors going to run against this 7 man front, rewatched the game and man the Lasalle kids swarm to the ball.
I suppose WW will mix it up on offense
Old 11-14-17, 09:25 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincifbfan View Post
Parking does suck, but it does at other places as well. GCL folks should remember the struggle at Elder before the purchase of the building behind the school and before Seton next store built the parking garage. Even with all of that, I still have to park blocks away when I go to an Elder home game. Relax everyone, and enjoy a good ol fashioned hard-nosed football game.
Indeed. And as a La Salle fan, I'm well aware of parking issues. But we're not playing a region final at Elder or La Salle.

Still, it is what it is. I'm sure it will all work out logistically. Just hopeful the Lancers prevail. That's all that matters now!