Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-13-17, 11:03 PM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
How is this thread still going and the Fiona the hippo one got closed down?!
Old 11-13-17, 11:35 PM
All American

aged jock is on a distinguished road
I wonder how many volunteer coaches most public schools have on their staffs. Most private schools have many volunteers or near volunteers. Teams can't handle large rosters with only a few coaches. Most public schools pay coaches a lot more than private school coaches get. With fewer coaches you need to restrict the roster.

Being familiar with Alter, I believe every student that goes out has always been on the team. IOW, no one has ever been cut to reduce the roster. Don't know whether public schools cut or not.

As for cost of helmets, etc., Alter raises almost $100,000 annually in the liftathon. That buys a lot of equipment. Still has many volunteer or near volunteer coaches.
Old 11-14-17, 12:47 AM
All District

Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
I'm just trying to figure out how Sycamore dressed 48? There are D6 teams with more than 48 kids on the team...
My kids are on a D7 team that has 43 on the roster, but then again we are a private so............................
Old 11-14-17, 10:16 AM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
How is this thread still going and the Fiona the hippo one got closed down?!
Fake news!
Old 11-14-17, 11:46 AM
All District

superduper is on a distinguished road
GoGreenGonads threw a grenade over the wall and just left.........crickets......
Old 11-14-17, 12:03 PM
All Region

Buck_98 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by superduper View Post
GoGreenGonads threw a grenade over the wall and just left.........crickets......
Because he realized this is one of the all time dumbest threads.
Old 11-14-17, 10:52 PM
All Region

GoGreenGo is on a distinguished road
Thank you everyone on the feedback, I think it is clear that capping the rosters is a bad idea, which flushed out the real solution. There should be a separation of Church and State. While I am a Catholic, there ought to be a Catholic High School Association and a Public High School Association. So that way, the Catholic League can recruit at will and go off and do whatever they do.

By superduper's comments, clearly he is a high school child, perhaps the real purpose for the existence of a school like St.X to exist is to have a perennially good football team, continue to form their thin blue line and to have their yearly dick measuring contests.

So, that is my solution, start a solely public Ohio High School Athletic Association.
Old 11-15-17, 12:43 AM
All World

tom 48 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGreenGo View Post
Thank you everyone on the feedback, I think it is clear that capping the rosters is a bad idea, which flushed out the real solution. There should be a separation of Church and State. While I am a Catholic, there ought to be a Catholic High School Association and a Public High School Association. So that way, the Catholic League can recruit at will and go off and do whatever they do.

By superduper's comments, clearly he is a high school child, perhaps the real purpose for the existence of a school like St.X to exist is to have a perennially good football team, continue to form their thin blue line and to have their yearly dick measuring contests.

So, that is my solution, start a solely public Ohio High School Athletic Association.
Well, it is certainly clear that you are lacking in the maturity department. Now, like any child, you are free to go in the corner and sulk.
Old 11-15-17, 06:54 AM
All World

1disciple is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGreenGo View Post

Poor little snowflake.
Old 11-15-17, 08:02 AM
All American

sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Having 1116, 727, 1178, 664, or 648 boys in the building does give an unfair advantage. Not because they come from multiple counties, but because they tend not to have the kinds of problems that create challenges for the public school kids. The kids at the privates generally come from solid, involved families who push their kids to excel in all things. They have high participation rates in extracurriculars. Few if any of the team members are ever going to sweat academic eligibility. They don't have the substance abuse problems to the same degree. They aren't working jobs after school to help the family. They know that lifting starts in January, and they don't miss it because they've been reared to work hard from birth. They mostly have a solid foundation of faith that underpins their behavior which minimizes those kinds of problems. If film is ready at 10 AM on Saturday, then they're going to be there. They just have a much higher percentage of eligible kids to draw from than the publics do - even the affluent ones. Their entire community does what is necessary for success. They expect it; they demand it. They don't settle for mediocrity. They're just wired for success. For the most part (and not counting Moeller during this temporary downswing), they do everything they can to support the coaches and staff. Oddly, the same exact things are what makes the MAC successful as well. CBP ignores this reality due to political correctness and uses a hokey formula gimmick to try to balance things. So yeah - the schools who aren't plagued by structural, societal problems and are located in communities with a higher than usual work ethic do have an unfair advantage and maybe ought to be competing in their own tournament so that the top tier of public school teams from Mentor, Wayne, Colerain, Centerville, Pickerington, etc can battle it out every year for the consolation prize so that second tier teams like Sycamore can at least hoist a regional runner up trophy every couple of seasons.
Old 11-15-17, 04:43 PM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Am I the only one that thinks the publics are going to do really well this year?

I don't care that the private schools have structural advantages. Beat them anyway. It makes their loss worse and the public school's win better. Separating the two would absolutely water down the trophy. If anything, we already have too many divisions.