Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who You Got?
Steubenville by 1-7 8 8.99%
Steubenville by 10-14 41 46.07%
Steubenville by 21+ 14 15.73%
Perry by 1-7 16 17.98%
Perry by 10-14 5 5.62%
Perry by 21+ 5 5.62%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-17, 08:52 PM
Freshman

endZone is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Martin View Post
BigRedFan seems to be stirring the pot looking for suckers to respond. Really, I doubt he is a Steubenville Fan, This fool hides behind a keyboard and trying to provoke others, at least the Perry coach runs his mouth in public
Correct. he is not a Big Red fan. just stirring the pot
Old 11-13-17, 08:58 PM
All American

Old Stubber
Big Red is not in a conference, when we were in the All American Conference with Massillon, Canton McKinley, Warren Harding, Alliance and Niles McKinley we did home and away games, but we haven't been in a conference for years and years and many teams make more money playing at Steubenville than playing a home game so we can schedule more home games and both teams come out ahead.

Old 11-13-17, 09:08 PM
All Region

valuska is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buno67 View Post
When was the last time they ever had a split of home and away games (5-5)?
So what. They have made the playoffs 17 straight years and have 4 straight regional championships which means they win games on the road. They have won 71% of all playoff games and rank #6 in the state over all divisions with playoff victories. Now it's your turn to give us Perry's playoff record.
Old 11-13-17, 09:08 PM
Junior Varsity

buno67 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Stubber View Post
Big Red is not in a conference, when we were in the All American Conference with Massillon, Canton McKinley, Warren Harding, Alliance and Niles McKinley we did home and away games, but we haven't been in a conference for years and years and many teams make more money playing at Steubenville than playing a home game so we can schedule more home games and both teams come out ahead.

Ok that makes sense
Old 11-13-17, 09:22 PM
Freshman

Foster is on a distinguished road
In 2013 Big Red played 6 home and 4 away games. They then played 4 more road games in playoffs.
Old 11-13-17, 09:35 PM
All District

RollRed is on a distinguished road
Nobody pay any attention to ďBigRedFanĒ. A troll at his finest. Actually starting to believe it is 14svtís new username
Old 11-13-17, 10:05 PM
All Ohio

Reddengineer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Why? Is that some kind of law I am unfamiliar with? Have you seen Harding Stadium? Who would want to leave?

More to the point, teams sign the contract. We've played home/home series with every suitable (at least in size) local team. A variety of other teams as far as Akron, Youngstown, and even a shot with Columbus Watterson. The Morgantown trip this year was the 2nd visit in recent years. But 3 is about the top. Looking forward to visiting New Philadelphia next year.
Old 11-13-17, 11:39 PM
All District

TBone 22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedFan View Post
Look, Big Red is probably the best team in the State of Ohio. We are ready and we are going to raise the D4 gold crown. Plus we beat a real good Mooney team. We them boyz RRR. big red 66 Perry 0
You are delusional! First you play the weakest schedule in high school football. Secondly you play 1 game on the road. ONE. Next year if you want to be the best team in the state your schedule needs to be:
Hoban
Iggy
Ed's
Mentor
Glenville
Olentangy(pick any of the 4)
Toledo Central Catholic
Euclid
Bedford
Benedictine
Play any of these teams next season. Play half of these games on the road. Come away with a winning record and we will talk about Best In State.
Until then you are just another good D-4 team.
Old 11-14-17, 01:04 AM
All Region

Bluestreak1980 is on a distinguished road
Here’s my take. I believe Perry is tough and can hang with the Steubenville. This coming from a Madison graduate. Perry didn’t have a great a schedule this year. Madison had a really bad down year. 2-8 is Madison’s worst record in probably over 30 years. Perry for being a small school has always given us a challenge and has 3 wins in a row over us now. And we’re usually a playoff contender every year. Riverside hasn’t rebounded since coach Andersen left in the 90’s but seem to be on the rise. Point is even though I hate Perry (lol) I think they’ll make a game of this and surprise some folks. Perry 41 Big Red 38
Old 11-14-17, 01:16 AM
All District

war_admiral is on a distinguished road
Reno has explained the reason for our scheduling on his radio show. We do whats in OUR best interest to make the program successful and make the playoffs. We had the most harbin pts then just a handful of schools (ANY DIVIONS).

In doing so, many benefit from this...The school, the program and the city. When so many school systems have trouble fielding, funding and doing upgrades to facilities, the Red keeps on rolling. It really is remarkable how the SCS have set up for the future.

NOW MORE THEN EVER.....ROLL RED ROLL!!!
Old 11-14-17, 01:27 AM
All District

erdna is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Played 6 last year...
Old 11-14-17, 01:30 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone 22 View Post
You are delusional! First you play the weakest schedule in high school football. Secondly you play 1 game on the road. ONE. Next year if you want to be the best team in the state your schedule needs to be:
Hoban
Iggy
Ed's
Mentor
Glenville
Toledo Central Catholic
Euclid
Bedford
Benedictine
Play any of these teams next season. Play half of these games on the road. Come away with a winning record and we will talk about Best In State.

Lol not only did you take the bait, you swallowed the hook!!! He has exactly 1 post and you got sucked in! Hahahaha calm down killer
Old 11-14-17, 06:51 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdna View Post
Played 6 last year...
I wasnít trying to attack bigred it was curiosity cause I went back the past couple of seasons and saw the lack of away games and found it curious.

Also neutral site games donít count as away games, címon...
Old 11-14-17, 06:55 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddengineer View Post
Why? Is that some kind of law I am unfamiliar with? Have you seen Harding Stadium? Who would want to leave?

More to the point, teams sign the contract. We've played home/home series with every suitable (at least in size) local team. A variety of other teams as far as Akron, Youngstown, and even a shot with Columbus Watterson. The Morgantown trip this year was the 2nd visit in recent years. But 3 is about the top. Looking forward to visiting New Philadelphia next year.
No I was curious because normally it’s 5-5 wanted to know why.

Last edited by buno67; 11-14-17 at 07:21 AM.
Old 11-14-17, 07:49 AM
Freshman

BigRedFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Some of those were monster teams others were complete duds of teams

Also, how do they get 8 home games and only 2 road games...
That I do not know. I always hear a couple of different rumors. First rumor is teams don't want us to play there (doubt that's true) second reason we get more money that way. I don't know what I can believe.
Old 11-14-17, 08:00 AM
All District

Quote:
I wasnít trying to attack bigred it was curiosity cause I went back the past couple of seasons and saw the lack of away games and found it curious.

Also neutral site games donít count as away games, címon...
Do you consider playing Urusline at Boardman a neutral site game?
Old 11-14-17, 08:16 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone 22 View Post
Hoban
Iggy
Ed's
Mentor
Glenville
Toledo Central Catholic
Euclid
Bedford
Benedictine
I thought the teams we already played we're good despite most of the teams we played ended up 3-7 or 8-2 or even 7-3 but they were tough I thought.
Old 11-14-17, 08:18 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollRed View Post
Nobody pay any attention to ďBigRedFanĒ. A troll at his finest. Actually starting to believe it is 14svtís new username
No? That wasn't me and I am a proud Big Red fan
Old 11-14-17, 08:19 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Martin View Post
BigRedFan seems to be stirring the pot looking for suckers to respond. Really, I doubt he is a Steubenville Fan, This fool hides behind a keyboard and trying to provoke others, at least the Perry coach runs his mouth in public
I went to Steubenville not stirring the pot
Old 11-14-17, 08:48 AM
Varsity

jimmywan22 is on a distinguished road
I saw Perry first hand at the Girard/Perry game this past Friday. This Perry team is one of the more complete, and balanced teams I have seen in a while. They have multiple options to run the ball, multiple options at WR and can give you different looks on the defensive side of the ball.

They are big, fast and physical, and the QB can make every throw. They can put teams in really bad match ups with the size and speed they have on the outside.

I have not seen Big Red this year, so I can't really say how they match up with the Pirates, but I think this one is close. Perry is a really good football team. If Big Red is unable to have balance on the offensive side of the football, Perry will win this game.
Old 11-14-17, 09:25 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmywan22 View Post
I saw Perry first hand at the Girard/Perry game this past Friday. This Perry team is one of the more complete, and balanced teams I have seen in a while. They have multiple options to run the ball, multiple options at WR and can give you different looks on the defensive side of the ball.

They are big, fast and physical, and the QB can make every throw. They can put teams in really bad match ups with the size and speed they have on the outside.

I have not seen Big Red this year, so I can't really say how they match up with the Pirates, but I think this one is close. Perry is a really good football team. If Big Red is unable to have balance on the offensive side of the football, Perry will win this game.
Steubenville is the type of team that if you come in as a one dimensional team, they will beat you. If you can do both ways at running and especially passing with with wide receivers that have speed and can catch. It's possible. Hope that makes sense.
Old 11-14-17, 09:31 AM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
This is going well
Old 11-14-17, 09:56 AM
All District

Hawkcaulker9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedFan View Post
Steubenville is the type of team that if you come in as a one dimensional team, they will beat you. If you can do both ways at running and especially passing with with wide receivers that have speed and can catch. It's possible. Hope that makes sense.
A one dimensional team like Bishop Hartley? Iím sorry I canít help myself but to respond to you, people on yappi say we are the arrogant ones but they obviously donít read Steubenville threads much. I give your team all the credit in the world you have a fantastic program that has been traditionally a success but your coaching staff likes to choke when the chips are down and I donít see this changing any time soon. When adversity hits the bungholes tighten up and they crumble. Bigreffan, you should stop making your fan base look like schmucks, most of the people on here actually have knowledge and are respectful.
Good luck to Big Red and Pirates it should be a great game.
Old 11-14-17, 10:06 AM
All District

Jtown5 is on a distinguished road
I have to believe Perry will make a good game of it this week, very well coached and the offense is more than capable. One interesting thing is Perry I believe is still not open enrollment, probably what the Coach was talking about as far as motivation, all Perry kids with a lot of pride.
Old 11-14-17, 10:16 AM
All Region

Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkcaulker9 View Post
A one dimensional team like Bishop Hartley? Iím sorry I canít help myself but to respond to you, people on yappi say we are the arrogant ones but they obviously donít read Steubenville threads much. I give your team all the credit in the world you have a fantastic program that has been traditionally a success but your coaching staff likes to choke when the chips are down and I donít see this changing any time soon. When adversity hits the bungholes tighten up and they crumble. Bigreffan, you should stop making your fan base look like schmucks, most of the people on here actually have knowledge and are respectful.
Hawkcaulker.....give me a for instance when the staff ďchokedĒ as you called it. I donít think either loss to Hartley was a matter of choking. In fact, the Big Red staff is at its best in big games.
Old 11-14-17, 10:18 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkcaulker9 View Post
Yes, Hartley did very well just running the ball but they did make some big plays with passing like the short touchdown pass they did back in the 2015 D4 game before halftime. I do hope Friday will be a good game.
Old 11-14-17, 10:44 AM
All District

Hawkcaulker9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black View Post
Hawkcaulker.....give me a for instance when the staff ďchokedĒ as you called it. I donít think either loss to Hartley was a matter of choking. In fact, the Big Red staff is at its best in big games.
Letís see, calling a fourth down run play that everyone in the stadium knew was coming, or having the kicker come out to attempt a field goal that everyone knew was probably beyond his range? How many attempts had he converted on during the year from that distance? That decision itself lost the game. Why not throw a jump ball to Reeves, worst case scenario is you go to overtime best case TD or PI then you kick from 26 rather than 41. All questionable coaching decisions. Granted execution is paramount but the coaches put the kids in those positions,
Old 11-14-17, 11:29 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black View Post
Hawkcaulker.....give me a for instance when the staff “choked” as you called it. I don’t think either loss to Hartley was a matter of choking. In fact, the Big Red staff is at its best in big games.
I disagree there.

I think Reno has learned a lot of painful lessons in big games in the last 8-10 years.

3 of the most important:

1) Don't try and be too cute or too smart. Several times in losses to Mooney he tried to dial up trick plays or tried crazy defenses when steady and simple would have done the job. This was especially the case when Macon was QB. The whole first half against Mooney in 2007 they tried crazy things and dug a deep hole. Sometimes slow, steady and boring wins the race. Same in 09 when they tried to rely on Macon. Then again, there was nothing Reno could have dialed up to beat that 2009 team.

At times I think Reno was guilty of trying to outsmart the other coach rather than win the game.

2) Just run the damn ball. No matter how great a play caller you may be, and Reno's staff is one of the best, you have to have balance and sometimes you need to run the ball. Not only for balance but to eat the clock. In 2008 against Alter in the finals they completely abandoned a 1500 yard rusher and tried to rely on Macon all game. It burned them. In 2011 they abandoned the run game completely. Even when they needed to kill the clock to stop Mooney from getting the ball back with time outs they were throwing. That blew up in his face. If you notice that since about 2013 and especially last friday against Mooney, he has learned to just run the damn ball.

3) Finally, you need a kicking game. Their kicking game was non existent 10 years ago, both FGs and punting. Now it is much better.
Old 11-14-17, 11:30 AM
All Yappi

Question for Big Red folks... what happened to the big tight end from last year?

Where did he go to school?
Old 11-14-17, 11:59 AM
All District

RollRed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYoungstown View Post
Question for Big Red folks... what happened to the big tight end from last year?

Where did he go to school?
If you mean Charles Reeves, he went to Pitt