Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who will win?
Hoban 51 51.52%
Barberton 48 48.48%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-17, 09:45 AM
All Region

bkmk1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by frecriss View Post
If Hoban does win this game by 14+, then they can walk to the championship.

In my opinion, this is the State Championship Game.

Hoban's resume needs no explanation. They are a beast, a powerhouse, a machine. It will take maximum effort for The Magics to win this game.

Barberton's resume isn't shabby either. That Magics have played six playoff teams and have won those games by an average of 29.6 points. Five of those games have had running clocks. The lone exception was a 21 point victory over St. V.

Many may have forgotten that these two senior classes played one heck of a freshman game against each other in 2014.

Good luck to both teams. Come out injury free
So you are eliminating LaSalle and Winton Woods? Wow!
Old 11-11-17, 09:51 AM
All Yappi

Bennies'01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromthe3 View Post
Barberton 36 - Benedictine 6
Hoban 35 - Benedictine 17
For what it's worth, the Benedictine-Hoban game was in Week 10 and more or less meaningless for both teams.
Old 11-11-17, 09:52 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennies'01 View Post
For what it's worth, the Benedictine-Hoban game was in Week 10 and more or less meaningless for both teams.
Yup

Such things can be interesting to look at, and match-ups in games can show a few things, but the transitive property doesn't apply to football.

Go MAGICS!!!
Old 11-11-17, 10:11 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Well, we finally get the game we have all been waiting for- the championship of Summit County. I think many held off wanting to see a little more of Barberton and Barberton has now answered every bell.

My heart is rooting for the Magics, but my gut tells me Hoban's defense and experience in the big games comes through in this one. I love what a team like the Magics can do for a community and its spirit. Hoban- 35, Barberton- 28.

The OHSAA used to publish its list of potential sites but I have not seen one in a couple of years. I sure miss the days when we could count on games at the Rubber Bowl and Dix Stadium.
Old 11-11-17, 10:20 AM
All Yappi

frecriss is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkmk1 View Post
So you are eliminating LaSalle and Winton Woods? Wow!
No, I also posted this:

Every team in the final eight is there for a reason and all have a legit chance at the state championship. There isnt anything really to compare the schools other than common opponents which isnt much to compare.

It is just my opinion(and I have been wrong many times) That the winner of this game will win it all.
Old 11-11-17, 10:31 AM
All American

StarstoShine is on a distinguished road
STVM faced 4 of the 8 remaining teams in D2 during the 2017 season. Hoban has the best offensive line and top overall defense. The knights pulled away in the middle of the 4th quarter. Barberton is the best offensive skill set, creative play calling and hammered an Irish team that should have beaten Lasalle (no disrespect). Lasalle was suspectable to the pass giving up 300 yards to STVM. The Irish defense shut down Massillon and beat Winton Woods in 2016. Avon has a very solid program. Whoever wins the Barberton/Hoban matchup will most likely be playing in Canton week 15. Was impressed Hoban’s physical play, Barberton’s Gritty toughness. Lasallle was not big physically but played with poise.
Old 11-11-17, 10:38 AM
All District

Money Ball is an unknown quantity at this point
Cannot ever root for a recruiting machine like Hoe-ban. I saw Barberton last year and they were solid then as juniors. They are steamrolling people this year and will be wearing my purple this week. Love what has gone on with that team and how Coach Gotto does things the right way, which is so much more important than the unethical, cheating and recruiting that Hoe-ban’s coach needs to do.

Also, cannot understand how parents can feel positive about the Hoe-ban program and school knowing this guy is leading the program. They send their kids there to receive a Christian education based in doing the right things, yet their football reframe is run by a guy who has already been nailed once, with many more opportunities available. Just goes to show that as long as you win, people will sacrifice their own standards and core beliefs.

Come on Chicken-town!!!
Old 11-11-17, 10:41 AM
All Yappi

bedevil is on a distinguished road
Still no site posting yet. Likely early afternoon. I'm hoping for Infocision, as I see zero sense sending this game to Twinsburg or even Hudson. From a proximity and capacity perspective, it's the logical choice.

You look at the skills sets of both teams and they are mirror images, though I give Ries the check mark over the ever-improving Hamm. Garrett Turnbaugh has the best hands of any receiver I've seen this year. Close runner-up? Hoban's Garrett Houser. There are playmakers on both sides of the ball for both teams.

I give Hoban the edge on because they've been there twice and have learned to win the biggest of games. Barberton will make them earn it, though, and I am thrilled there is winning football back in the Magic City.

Hoban 27
Barberton 16
Old 11-11-17, 10:57 AM
All Ohio

JimmyOhio75 is an unknown quantity at this point
The key is in the trenches. Hoban will dominate both sides of the ball. BTW, aside from the St. V and Ignatius games I don’t think the Hoban starters played much after halftime. I believe with the starters playing an entire game they are tough to beat. Athletes at every position and tons of depth. Pretty happy to see the Magic’s get this far but I would be stunned if they can keep this within 21 points.
Old 11-11-17, 11:11 AM
All Ohio

Purple Hayes
Would love to see Barberton pull this one out...Go Magics!
Old 11-11-17, 11:18 AM
All American

sportster4321 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
yup

And just to you today, sporto,

BUCKEYES BEWARE OF THE HUBBARD THUMPER!!!!

That Coach Dino is a tricky bastard! LJ may get a little more love in the play-calling to set up the play-action today....
Shame if not for his early season fumbles he'd have a lot more carries right now. He's been due for a breakout. Hope it's not against the buckeyes but it's possible.
Old 11-11-17, 11:23 AM
All Ohio

FickellOutMeYeRiN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennies'01 View Post
What about St.V Hoban ?? The holy war, did that game not matter this year also ?
Old 11-11-17, 11:48 AM
Junior Varsity

ArmChairCoach is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FickellOutMeYeRiN View Post
What about St.V Hoban ?? The holy war, did that game not matter this year also ?
Huh? His post had nothing to do about the Holy War. Lol while I agree about the Hoba-Bene game, the Hoban StV game is always a toss up. It's different when you're playing your cross town rival and the kids that you grew up with than it is playing Barberton or a Akron Public during the regular season. People who have never been apart of the Akron Holy War will never know or understand.
Old 11-11-17, 11:55 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmChairCoach View Post
Huh? His post had nothing to do about the Holy War. Lol while I agree about the Hoba-Bene game, the Hoban StV game is always a toss up. It's different when you're playing your cross town rival and the kids that you grew up with than it is playing Barberton or a Akron Public during the regular season. People who have never been apart of the Akron Holy War will never know or understand.
Can you read up ??? Bennie has a excuse for why the Bene game didn't count because it was the last game of the year so I'm asking what about the Holy War.. Was that still a big GAME between those TWO SCHOOLS this YEAR.. What is the excuse for that is what I'm asking.. You understand ??
Old 11-11-17, 11:58 AM
All Ohio

[QUOTE=ArmChairCoach;6909341]Huh? His post had nothing to do about the Holy War. Lol while I agree about the Hoba-Bene game, the Hoban StV game is always a toss up. It's different when you're playing your cross town rival and the kids that you grew up with than it is playing Barberton or a Akron Public during the regular season. People who have never been apart of the Akron Holy War will never know or understand.[/QUOTE

So it's safe to say from this post that there is no excuse for the Hoban St.V game.. Safe to say both teams came out and played hard ??
Old 11-11-17, 12:03 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Can you read up ??? Bennie has a excuse for why the Bene game didn't count because it was the last game of the year so I'm asking what about the Holy War.. Was that still a big GAME between those TWO SCHOOLS this YEAR.. What is the excuse for that is what I'm asking.. You understand ??
Nope. Lol cause StV/Hoban is the biggest game of the regular season every year for those teams. just guess I'll never understand.
Old 11-11-17, 12:04 PM
Junior Varsity

[QUOTE=FickellOutMeYeRiN;6909351]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmChairCoach View Post
Huh? His post had nothing to do about the Holy War. Lol while I agree about the Hoba-Bene game, the Hoban StV game is always a toss up. It's different when you're playing your cross town rival and the kids that you grew up with than it is playing Barberton or a Akron Public during the regular season. People who have never been apart of the Akron Holy War will never know or understand.[/QUOTE

So it's safe to say from this post that there is no excuse for the Hoban St.V game.. Safe to say both teams came out and played hard ??
Yes that's what I was getting at.
Old 11-11-17, 12:08 PM
All Ohio

[QUOTE=ArmChairCoach;6909363]
Quote:

Yes that's what I was getting at.
Old 11-11-17, 12:27 PM
All Region

chito is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportster4321 View Post
Shame if not for his early season fumbles he'd have a lot more carries right now. He's been due for a breakout. Hope it's not against the buckeyes but it's possible.
His biggest early season fumble was getting arrested for the EIGHTH time for driving suspended. A shining example.
Old 11-11-17, 02:00 PM
All Yappi

Well, we've had our initial salvo in the Hoban pi$$ing contest and a review of Michigan State's running back's traffic record, now how about the Hoban-Barberton game?
Old 11-11-17, 02:03 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by frecriss View Post
No, I also posted this:

Every team in the final eight is there for a reason and all have a legit chance at the state championship. There isnt anything really to compare the schools other than common opponents which isnt much to compare.

It is just my opinion(and I have been wrong many times) That the winner of this game will win it all.
You were never this PC when you visited the Debate Forum

If you're not hoping to put a half-a-hundy on the Tigers in week 14, I don't know you after all.

I know, one week at a time
Old 11-11-17, 02:05 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportster4321 View Post
Ruh-roh........the angry Buckeyes showed up today
Old 11-11-17, 02:14 PM
All Yappi

bedevil is on a distinguished road
The game will be played at Green Memorial Stadium, 7:30pm.
Old 11-11-17, 02:19 PM
All Yappi

brian1227 is on a distinguished road
Nice stsdium.
Old 11-11-17, 02:20 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedevil View Post
The game will be played at Green Memorial Stadium, 7:30pm.
Ugh. Not a bad stadium, but the visitor's side isn't great. This game was worthy of a premier venue. I guess I should just be happy they didn't take them to Byers, Lakewood or some other nonsensical venue.
Old 11-11-17, 02:26 PM
Varsity

BleedPurple13 is on a distinguished road
Its a wonderful stadium, but Barberton traveled exceptionally well for a 45 minute drive to watch a game un sub 20 degree weather. If the weather is halfway decent friday, I think the away side at Green might not be enough. I think Infocision or even Jackson could have been better options.
Old 11-11-17, 02:49 PM
All Ohio

gamblingfool is on a distinguished road
This is a terrible place for this game to be played !
Old 11-11-17, 03:54 PM
All American

StarstoShine is on a distinguished road
4 20,000 plus seat Stadiums (Akron Kent State Canton Tom Benson, Paul Brown Tiger) and they choose Green. OHSAA Cheap???
Old 11-11-17, 03:56 PM
All Yappi

brian1227 is on a distinguished road
Green is fine.
Old 11-11-17, 04:01 PM
All Yappi

This will be the fist time in years that a football game has been played at Green between two teams over .500.