Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-15-17, 01:36 AM
All World

Cthelites is on a distinguished road
And yes Day did land at Darby as a SWCS levy casualty.
They moved in and stayed and his bro is a jr whom was going to be featured offensively before blowing out his knee in camp.
Darby gets soooo many transfers lol
Old 11-15-17, 01:42 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1995 View Post
Bradley has 3 players on this years roster that didnít go to a Hilliard middle school I bet if you take a close look at most high school rosters that would be about the same. Bradley also rushed for 2,000 yards. You can call it jump ball all you want. But if teams have a hard time covering the post. Then they will throw it there. The team that wins the D1 state championship most likely be running the spread. The option and ball control is a great offense and Davidson runs it as good as anybody. They have built a great tradition doing that. The thing that gets over looked when they won the state. Is they had great defense. That is what allowed them to run that offense. So I guess pick a offense that suits your kids and coach the sh** out of it. That's how you win. Don't worry about what others are doing. Don't worry about which program is "Hilliard made" and which one isnt.

Also I think there is a Pickerington Central alum on Darbyís staff. Do you happen to know him? I heard he was a good dude.
We shall see what colerain does with it here still alive.
And while Davidson typically did have a great D, mentor wasn't looking very stoppable in the title game. That's one of the reasons why he went for two for the win.
Old 11-15-17, 04:47 AM
All American

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
I was merely talking of reasons I have heard people claim is the reason for moving to a new school in the past . My sister actually relayed that food service story , I don't remember the exact name of the course of study but it had to do with one school having that department so the kid transferred , of course it was for sports . And I actually with my ears heard a stage Dad say he was moving to a less expensive town because he couldn't afford a home with that coveted three car garage in the town he was in.
Of course it had zip to do with his son not being able to ever win the QB job in his school and was moving somewhere where he had a much better chance of playing.

So that's the crux of it, the Old I needed a three car garage is much more acceptable than moving 2 to 3 times so your kid can be a starter LOL
Old 11-15-17, 08:34 AM
All District

PCTigerTrackCoach is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthelites View Post
Spelling check smacktalk is so fresh trackcoach. NOT!
I don't smacktalk on the internet, I speak the truth and I'd have no issue having the same conversation I have here, face to face. I just thought it was funny that you tried to spell check me by putting the word in quotations and it was spelled wrong... Great laugh buddy lol.....
Old 11-15-17, 07:37 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCTigerTrackCoach View Post
I don't smacktalk on the internet, I speak the truth and I'd have no issue having the same conversation I have here, face to face. I just thought it was funny that you tried to spell check me by putting the word in quotations and it was spelled wrong... Great laugh buddy lol.....
You got me there hahahaha good one. You are so much smarter than me wow!
Old 11-15-17, 10:35 PM
All District

Quote:
You got me there hahahaha good one. You are so much smarter than me wow!
Atleast you have a sense of humor buddy
Old 11-16-17, 01:14 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCTigerTrackCoach View Post
Atleast you have a sense of humor buddy
Too bad you don't understand sarcasm BUDDY.
Old 11-16-17, 02:16 PM
All World

Lambeau Fields is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickeringtonsports View Post
I can’t stand the triple option and don’t understand why coaches use it.
Who, in Central Ohio, runs the Triple option? I can't think of a single team that does. Maybe I'm missing one.
Old 11-16-17, 02:19 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickeringtonsports View Post
That offense doesnít develop the skill sets required for the next level .
High school football coaches have many duties, this is not one. Not should it be.
Old 11-16-17, 02:34 PM
All American

I am glad that High school teachers don't have that same mind set I'm must say, because of I believe in the academic arena , preparing kids for the next level is important and should be something that is at least part of their job ? Or is it to just pass a hard Test at some point ? Or get a certain number on a standardized test , ? TO WIN THAT DAY?

While I agree that the crux of the HS coaches job is NOT DEVELOPING them for what they may see in college athletics , any teacher which coaches certainly are or should be should have a bigger picture longer term outlook at times as well . this is in general , while I wouldn't run a run only ultra conservative offense year after year , it isn't egregious if you do use it .

Again it is a great thing 'GOOD " teachers who teach non athletic classes aren't teaching just to get the kid through HS and attain a certain score like some athletic coaches do , which isn't necessarily bad and is more inherent in a sporting context .
Old 11-16-17, 02:46 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
I am glad that High school teachers don't have that same mind set I'm must say, because of I believe in the academic arena , preparing kids for the next level is important and should be something that is at least part of their job ? Or is it to just pass a hard Test at some point ? Or get a certain number on a standardized test , ? TO WIN THAT DAY?

While I agree that the crux of the HS coaches job is NOT DEVELOPING them for what they may see in college athletics , any teacher which coaches certainly are or should be should have a bigger picture longer term outlook at times as well . this is in general , while I wouldn't run a run only ultra conservative offense year after year , it isn't egregious if you do use it .

Again it is a great thing 'GOOD " teachers who teach non athletic classes aren't teaching just to get the kid through HS and attain a certain score like some athletic coaches do , which isn't necessarily bad and is more inherent in a sporting context .
100% of students have a "next level" after high school, only 6% of student athletes do.

Your fingers got ahead of your brain on this one Stivie. There is little comparison between compulsory academic work and optional extracurricular activities.
Old 11-16-17, 02:52 PM
Varsity

Pickeringtonsports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambeau Fields View Post
High school football coaches have many duties, this is not one. Not should it be.
I hear what you are saying. My point is that kids who are going to transfer into a school to play football will look at the system. A lot of kids who transfer do have a desire to play in college.
Old 11-16-17, 03:31 PM
All American

Of course most kids don't play sports in College I realize that , but some teachers in academic settings still play to the get by the next test , just get a certain number now who cares what happens later .

Yes fully aware of the numbers , but even in that small percentage of kids who do go on to play a sport , I agree that it isn't the crux of their job and shouldn't be , at least a small part can be bigger picture even if only for a small number of kids. Of courser the lessons learned are mainly to help and guide through life rather than having learned to pass block or catch a pass out of the backfield .

Kids do transfer to systems at times , other times it is culture and a mix of positive attributes as it should be
Old 11-16-17, 08:44 PM
All District

Quote:
Too bad you don't understand sarcasm BUDDY.
I knew you were being facetious, as was I "buddy" lol