Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-04-17, 11:38 AM
Junior Varsity

Hillibuck is on a distinguished road
Week 12: Pickerington Central vs Hilliard Bradley

Tough matchup for Bradley. I think Pick Central's d-line and the pressure that their defense will bring on Bradley's QB will be the difference. He hasn't seen much pressure all season including the game last night with Fairmont. That will all change against PC and I think it will make it tough for Bradley to score and may lead to some turnover opportunities for Central.

I do think Bradley's defense will hang tough but they can't take 3 series to figure out the offense like they did against Fairmont. They need to come out with some stops early but I think they might be facing some short fields due to Bradley's poor kickoff coverage (it's been an achille's heel all season) and some possible turnovers due to the pressure D of PC.

Prediction: Pick Central 35 - Bradley 14

On a side note, I wonder how many high school players can say they have played against two of their former schools in one season. Bradley QB will be able to say it after Friday (Worthington Kilbourne and Pick Central).
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-17, 11:57 AM
All Region

Picktowncentral is on a distinguished road
Bradley showed a lot of spunk last night. Their offense is truly legitimate! Tigers can’t underestimate the Jaguars; they’re undefeated for a reason! Saying their schedule is weak is a cop-out. Central had plenty of weak opponents. I’m holding off on my prediction. It wouldn’t surprise me a bit if Bradley is playing week 13.

Where does everyone think this game is played?

Last edited by Picktowncentral; 11-04-17 at 12:10 PM.
Old 11-04-17, 12:03 PM
All District

TigerA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picktowncentral View Post
Bradley showed a lot of spunk last night. Their offense is truly legitimate! Tigers can’t underestimate the Jaguars; they’re undefeated for a reason! Saying their schedule is weak is a cop-out. Central had plenty of weak opponents. I’m holding off on my prediction. It wouldn’t surprise me a bit if Bradley is playing week 12.
Where does everyone think this game is played?

I wouldn't be surprised either. In fact, I'm calling it. They'll be playing Pickerington Central in week 12.

oh.

wait......
Old 11-04-17, 12:09 PM
All District

Footballfilmguru is on a distinguished road
I watched the North vs Bradley game last year. As a 7 seed, North went to Bradley and destroyed them. However, that was Bradley's first trip to the playoffs. I was wondering how they would do last night. Without knowing much about them this year, I would guess they are more mature and playoff ready this year.
Old 11-04-17, 12:09 PM
All Region

HAHA stupid fat fingers on my phone!!!!
Old 11-04-17, 12:20 PM
All District

Big GLHS is on a distinguished road
I would guess a great site for the Tigers vs Jags could be UA......should be a very big crowd for this game
Old 11-04-17, 12:28 PM
All American

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
PC 30 Bradley 16
Old 11-04-17, 06:24 PM
Varsity

pctigers is on a distinguished road
Games is at DeSales
Old 11-04-17, 06:56 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by pctigers View Post
Games is at DeSales
How big are their away bleachers?
Old 11-04-17, 07:35 PM
All District

Big GLHS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
How big are their away bleachers?
Was there a few years back during a 4 game home and home series......stands are not very high on the visitor side , but they might go endzone to endzone, a very nice stadium......Tiger fans should overflow visitor side....
Old 11-04-17, 08:14 PM
All Ohio

doubtme is on a distinguished road
this will be a close ball game. Pick wins by 7
Old 11-04-17, 09:20 PM
All District

Tiger Alum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubtme View Post
this will be a close ball game. Pick wins by 7
I'm thinking the same thing. Pick Central 35 Bradley 28.
Old 11-04-17, 09:54 PM
All District

FairmontAlum is on a distinguished road
Bradley's offense is legit. Defense is another story. After seeing Bradley up close I'll say Central by 14. Excited to see Bradley eat a piece of humble pie
Old 11-05-17, 07:39 AM
All World

queencitybuckeye is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontAlum View Post
Bradley's offense is legit. Defense is another story. After seeing Bradley up close I'll say Central by 14. Excited to see Bradley eat a piece of humble pie
Wasn't at the game, but going by this forum, it wasn't the Bradley people failing to be humble. All the constant talk about how Bradley hadn't played anyone. If so, that's certainly still the case.
Old 11-05-17, 08:47 AM
All American

darbydavidsonfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontAlum View Post
Humble pie? The Fairmont fans should have already finished the whole humble pie. Maybe you should go back and re-read that whole game thread. How a 7-3 team just assumed they'd just stroll in to any 10-0 teams field and come out with an easy win baffles me. Especially a team that hadn't been in the playoffs since 2008.

With that being said, nice season and good luck next year. Definitely have something to build upon going into next year.

Last edited by darbydavidsonfan; 11-05-17 at 09:30 AM.
Old 11-05-17, 11:08 AM
Varsity

Full_Count is on a distinguished road
While DeSales stadium is nice, I am not sure it will be large enough for this game. With Darby & Davidson both out, I am sure many of their fans will follow Bradley since the Hilliards are known to follow one another. Pickerington Central always travels well and will easily over fill the visiting stands at DeSales.

I think DeSales seating capacity is 4000.

The other problem with DeSales is parking and traffic back-ups on Karl Road. There is one way into and one way out of that stadium for all spectators, teams, etc.
I would plan on arriving extra early for this one.
Old 11-05-17, 12:22 PM
All Region

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Count View Post
While DeSales stadium is nice, I am not sure it will be large enough for this game. With Darby & Davidson both out, I am sure many of their fans will follow Bradley since the Hilliards are known to follow one another. Pickerington Central always travels well and will easily over fill the visiting stands at DeSales.

I think DeSales seating capacity is 4000.

The other problem with DeSales is parking and traffic back-ups on Karl Road. There is one way into and one way out of that stadium for all spectators, teams, etc.
I would plan on arriving extra early for this one.
This is my concern as well. Central will easily bring 2-3 thousand. I would have thought this would be at UA, Gahanna, or OWU. All could have held the venue better. Heck, I'd even settle for going to Dublin. Oh well...
Old 11-05-17, 01:58 PM
Varsity

sscje is on a distinguished road
I don't have a dog in this fight. Bradley has a dynamic passing game and Central has a great Defense numerous D -1 players. Central is battle tested in big games and for that reason I give them the edge:

30-24 in a hard fought game.
Old 11-05-17, 02:16 PM
Yappi Supporter

FormerWildcat is on a distinguished road
I really miss these games not being at Upper Arlington any more. Marv Moorehead Stadium is a great facility, and I like the location in that neighborhood with the overflow parking available over at the Kingsdale Shopping Center. I even give credit to the history of the UA football program going back to the 1960's.

DeSales' Alumni Stadium is pretty nice, though. They claim it seats 6,000.

http://pouringpurple.com/alumni-stadium/
Old 11-05-17, 07:57 PM
Varsity

Pickeringtonsports is on a distinguished road
This should be an interesting game. I know Bradley is 10-0 but if they played Central’s schedule, they are 7-3. Pick North, Trotwood, and Detroit Cass Tech would all be tough matchups for Bradley. Indianapolis Cathedral was as tough team too. To put it into perspective, Gahanna would be the best team on Bradley’s schedule. If Central played Bradley’s schedule which had three D2 and one D3 team, they may not have been given up a point to 7-8 of those teams.
I just can’t see a way Central loses this game. It will be nice to play on turf. Playing in the mud stinks for both teams.
Old 11-05-17, 08:32 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickeringtonsports View Post
This should be an interesting game. I know Bradley is 10-0 but if they played Central’s schedule, they are 7-3. Pick North, Trotwood, and Detroit Cass Tech would all be tough matchups for Bradley. Indianapolis Cathedral was as tough team too. To put it into perspective, Gahanna would be the best team on Bradley’s schedule. If Central played Bradley’s schedule which had three D2 and one D3 team, they may not have been given up a point to 7-8 of those teams.
I just can’t see a way Central loses this game. It will be nice to play on turf. Playing in the mud stinks for both teams.
Central played a D3 team too.... I think this is closer than a lot of people are saying!
Old 11-05-17, 08:33 PM
All District

TigerA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerWildcat View Post
I really miss these games not being at Upper Arlington any more. Marv Moorehead Stadium is a great facility, and I like the location in that neighborhood with the overflow parking available over at the Kingsdale Shopping Center. I even give credit to the history of the UA football program going back to the 1960's.

DeSales' Alumni Stadium is pretty nice, though. They claim it seats 6,000.

http://pouringpurple.com/alumni-stadium/
100% Agree. UA woulda been the place to hold this. Grove City would've been even better if they had turf, or Gahanna if they weren't also playing that night. Went and saw a 1st round stallions playoff game a few years back there against Zanesville I think? DeSales does have a nice stadium, I just think it's going to be way too small for the crowd that'll want to see this game. And the parking situation there is atrocious.
Old 11-05-17, 08:38 PM
Varsity

purple_rein is on a distinguished road
Facts on DeSales Alumni Stadium:

Seating Capacity: 6,000 (3,500 Home, 2,500 Visitor)
Concessions and restrooms are only on the home side, so visitors will need to walk around.
Parking is tight. For a game this big, the DeSales lot and the St. Matthias lot will fill up. Get there early to tailgate (DeSales people love a good tailgate). Overflow parking will be across Karl road at Christian Assembly Church.

Pretty cool for DeSales to be hosting a huge D1 playoff matchup, especially one featuring former assistant Coach LoParo. Good luck to both teams.
Old 11-05-17, 08:41 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Central played a D3 team too.... I think this is closer than a lot of people are saying!
Big difference between 11-0 Trotwood and 2-8 Watterson.
Old 11-05-17, 09:29 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickeringtonsports View Post
Big difference between 11-0 Trotwood and 2-8 Watterson.
Yes, but D3 is still D3...
Old 11-06-17, 12:42 AM
All District

PCTigerTrackCoach is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yes, but D3 is still D3...
Not really, Hartley and how they are able to consistently get great athletes is nothing like 95% of the columbus city schools, some of which have less than 30 total players on their football team. Trotwood and Watterson are not even comparable this year. Central will win big, defense will be unlike anything Bradley has seen all year
Old 11-06-17, 08:20 AM
Junior Varsity

Saltlife is on a distinguished road
trotwood isnt your normal d3 school. Many dayton transfers including some that would have been at wayne. the determining factor for this game will Bradley have the mental fortitude to face and stand up to the rigors of a big time game? last year pick north dismantled them easily. the first time playoff game was too big for them last year. if they learned from last years experience they can stay within a touchdown into late second half then all bets are off. if not they get rolled. much talk of their receiving group however central has a pack of d1 dbs waiting for the passing game they will see. Bradley coaches will need an air tight gameplan to win as they will need to score a lot of points to win, I just dont see bradley stopping them defensively. either way pick central is the favorite as any neutral spectator would admit. in the end I think we see pick north vs pick cent in the regional finals.
Old 11-06-17, 10:42 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCTigerTrackCoach View Post
Not really, Hartley and how they are able to consistently get great athletes is nothing like 95% of the columbus city schools, some of which have less than 30 total players on their football team. Trotwood and Watterson are not even comparable this year. Central will win big, defense will be unlike anything Bradley has seen all year
Divisions are decided by enrolment and competitive balance. Of course, there are different caliber teams in each division given various circumstances. However, according to Harbins, a win over Marion Franklin is worth the same as a win over Trotwood (disregarding L2's). Same as a win over Groveport is worth the same as a win over Cincinnati Moeller.
Old 11-06-17, 10:51 AM
Varsity

My point isn’t the computer points. What I am saying is that Central’s schedule was significantly more difficult than Bradley’s and that Bradley most likely would have been a 7-3, 6-4 team if they played that schedule. That doesn’t mean they can’t win this game as they have some weapons.
Old 11-06-17, 11:01 AM
All American

rjewards is on a distinguished road
brad gets their first and only loss of the year