Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who You Got?
Steubenville by 1-7 8 8.99%
Steubenville by 10-14 41 46.07%
Steubenville by 21+ 14 15.73%
Perry by 1-7 16 17.98%
Perry by 10-14 5 5.62%
Perry by 21+ 5 5.62%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-17, 12:10 PM
All District

RollRed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkcaulker9 View Post
Let’s see, calling a fourth down run play that everyone in the stadium knew was coming, or having the kicker come out to attempt a field goal that everyone knew was probably beyond his range? How many attempts had he converted on during the year from that distance? That decision itself lost the game. Why not throw a jump ball to Reeves, worst case scenario is you go to overtime best case TD or PI then you kick from 26 rather than 41. All questionable coaching decisions. Granted execution is paramount but the coaches put the kids in those positions,
Hawk, although kicking a FG in that situation may have not been the right call at that exact time, our kicker had the range for the FG. Can’t remember the exact game in 2016 but he had made a 43 yarder and cleared it. Remember I’m not saying any “Ifs” but the ball never made it on the tee.

Then in 2015 the 4th down run play. Johnnie Blue 99 out of 100 times made that play. He got tripped up. Once again no excuses. You won.

The Hawks both games won fair and square. And I have a lot of respect for the Bishop Hartley program. Both games came down to late FG for the win. Once again not saying “IFs” but the ball bounces Big Red’s way 1 time both games and it could of been a lot different. Just wish you guys would give us more credit

Anyway Good Luck the rest of the way this year in D3. Will be pulling for the Hawks to win their 3rd straight
Old 11-14-17, 12:55 PM
All Ohio

thickthinbigred is on a distinguished road
Roll Red Roll!!
Old 11-14-17, 02:16 PM
All District

Cannoli137 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buno67 View Post
I wasn’t trying to attack bigred it was curiosity cause I went back the past couple of seasons and saw the lack of away games and found it curious.

Also neutral site games don’t count as away games, c’mon...
If a game is not played at your home field, then what is it ? Neutral site or not, it’s called a away game, lol
Old 11-14-17, 02:37 PM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollRed View Post
If you mean Charles Reeves, he went to Pitt
That's him. thanks!
Old 11-14-17, 03:47 PM
Junior Varsity

CrudMucker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedFan View Post
I went to Steubenville not stirring the pot
If you did, you would say, "I went to Big Red" not "I went to Steubenville"

In every post you refer to us as Steubenville.

No one In Steubenville or the surrounding are refers to us a Steubenville.

We are "Big Red"

Any Big Red grad would know that and , it would be second nature to say or type it that way.
Old 11-14-17, 03:50 PM
Freshman

Foster is on a distinguished road
Big Rex???
Old 11-14-17, 03:58 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster View Post
Big Rex???
LOL

Yeah, didn't catch it till I hit submit. Fat fingered it on my phone.
Old 11-14-17, 04:10 PM
All District

BigRedNation76 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Wow I guess some people never learn, early anointing has gotten you an 0-2 record in D4 championship games. But that’s ok you do you, at least you don’t have to worry about Hartley this year!!
Agree. In 2015 BR had the better team (more overall talent) and Hartley won. I remember the prep rally before that game in front of the school. It was like we already won. Hartley shocked themselves and BR by winning that game. Hartley coach even said before the game that many don't give us a chance because BR is that good.

Last year Hartley was the better team (more overall talent) and won again. This game BR was the underdog and beat Hartley, well beat them until an error with our field goal. Hartley coach after the game said they stole a win while in the grasp of defeat.

Hartley has the trophies they won both times. But have two points here. The first is I have seen you post this more than once, how BR lost the last two years. This is true but it's not like BR was inferior to Hartley. The ball just bounced their way. Second point is BR fans can get ahead of themselves and declare victory before the game is won. This I'm sure Reno won't let that happen again.
Old 11-14-17, 04:24 PM
All District

Hawkcaulker9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Just wish you guys would give us more credit
I have all the respect for Big Red, for the record I 100% thought you guys had it last year, McGee and Agressti were damn near unstoppable.
Old 11-14-17, 04:34 PM
All District

Hawkcaulker9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedNation76 View Post

Hartley has the trophies they won both times. But have two points here. The first is I have seen you post this more than once, how BR lost the last two years. This is true but it's not like BR was inferior to Hartley. The ball just bounced their way. Second point is BR fans can get ahead of themselves and declare victory before the game is won. This I'm sure Reno won't let that happen again.
I never once said Big Red was an inferior team, they were a very good team both years and you are absolutely right, one bounce and BR could have two trophies. Yes some of your fans do get ahead of themselves that is the only reason I bring up 0-2 which is a fact.
Good luck to Big Red the rest of the way.
Old 11-14-17, 06:51 PM
All District

erdna is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrudMucker View Post

We are "Big Red"

Any Big Red grad would know that and , it would be second nature to say or type it that way.
As funny as it sounds you're 100% correct!
Old 11-14-17, 07:13 PM
All Region

coltfan76 is on a distinguished road
Actually if he were a Big Red grad, he probably would have said, "I wint too Big Red." and "Wee r Big Red."
Old 11-14-17, 07:44 PM
All Region

valuska is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan76 View Post
Actually if he were a Big Red grad, he probably would have said, "I wint too Big Red." and "Wee r Big Red."
Even grade school kids in Steubenville know how to spell better than you, but what do you expect from a colt fan. How is that 6th grade education working for you?
Old 11-14-17, 07:59 PM
All World

RedBlack_Attack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Cringe.
Old 11-14-17, 08:19 PM
Freshman

bigbird999 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown5 View Post
I have to believe Perry will make a good game of it this week, very well coached and the offense is more than capable. One interesting thing is Perry I believe is still not open enrollment, probably what the Coach was talking about as far as motivation, all Perry kids with a lot of pride.

That's correct, still not open enrollment. These kids have been playing together forever and it makes it just a little more special. It's good to have that experience together when things get tough during the games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-14-17, 08:25 PM
All District

Just watched the Perry QB highlights from the last game (playoff). He looks pretty solid, good quality QB. Hats off to the young man. But wow I encourage everyone to watch that. The defensive line pass rush against him was slightly above the 8th grade level of play. The overall play from both sides was definitely not at a high level. Swore I was watching the JV and started the video over again to make sure. Are you sure they said they wanted BR?
Old 11-14-17, 08:26 PM
All Ohio

Reddengineer is on a distinguished road
Quote:

We are "Big Red"

He's got you there.

Never dawned on me how different that was until I had a boss from Wisconsin mention it. Unique.

Last edited by Reddengineer; 11-14-17 at 08:37 PM.
Old 11-14-17, 08:36 PM
All District

RollRed is on a distinguished road
You know what’s funny. “BigRedFan” voted for Perry 21+ in the poll. Please 14svt just say it’s you. It’s a dead giveaway
Old 11-14-17, 08:47 PM
All District

Quote:
You know what’s funny. “BigRedFan” voted for Perry 21+ in the poll. Please 14svt just say it’s you. It’s a dead giveaway
Haha hilarious
Old 11-14-17, 08:51 PM
Freshman

BigRedFan is on a distinguished road
Man, I am getting eaten alive on this site.
Old 11-14-17, 08:54 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Absolutely when it's like cheering and what not I say, "Big Red." But for a proper term of the high school it's Steubenville. When someone asks what high school I went to I just say, Steubenville I just never said the school by it's nickname. Just cheering at sport events
Old 11-14-17, 08:57 PM
All Region

Purplesage is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Now that's funny right there!! I don't care who you are!!! Lol
Old 11-14-17, 08:57 PM
Freshman

Quote:
I promise on this whole site it's not, "14svt".
Old 11-14-17, 09:12 PM
Freshman

Quote:

We are "Big Red"

I just never call the school, "Big Red" when I tell someone or someone asks me what school I went to. Or having conversations about sports or music events I just say, Steubenville. I tell people I went to, Steubenville and people just look at me and confused because they're used to others just saying, "Big Red". I only say "Let's go Big Red" at football games. Yeah, I know people look at me sometimes when I don't just say, "Big Red" but I just don't.
Old 11-14-17, 10:19 PM
All Region

coltfan76 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by valuska View Post
Even grade school kids in Steubenville know how to spell better than you, but what do you expect from a colt fan. How is that 6th grade education working for you?
Aww someone got triggered.
Old 11-14-17, 10:42 PM
All World

RedBlack_Attack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrudMucker
Just watched the Perry QB highlights from the last game (playoff). He looks pretty solid, good quality QB. Hats off to the young man. But wow I encourage everyone to watch that. The defensive line pass rush against him was slightly above the 8th grade level of play. The overall play from both sides was definitely not at a high level. Swore I was watching the JV and started the video over again to make sure. Are you sure they said they wanted BR?
100% accurate and I'm a bit disappointed in myself that I didn't spot such a ... I'll call it an obvious tell. Orrrr, yes, a dead giveaway.

Quote:
Oh snap.

Thread just got more interesting.

So, we have a poster who picked the most generic name ever, but one that explicitly spells out the user's intention: BigRedFan.

The account in question was created yesterday. A sampling of the posts submitted in since:

Quote:
Look, Big Red is probably the best team in the State of Ohio. We are ready and we are going to raise the D4 gold crown. Plus we beat a real good Mooney team. We them boyz RRR. big red 66 Perry 0
Quote:
We'll be ready we gon repeat history for the Big Red
Quote:
Sure we have we had the best schedule in Division IV. We played Dover, New Philadelphia, Canada team, Upper St Clair, Tonawanda O'Hara, Morgantown, Boardman and Youngstown Ursuline those were monster teams. Big Red will be ready yeahh buddy
Exactly zero of the above posts could be written without the realization that they'd bring only negativity from the board toward Big Red and nothing else. They don't further any discussions and they're just shoehorned into what have been otherwise tame discussions.

Then this...

Quote:
Steubenville is the type of team that if you come in as a one dimensional team, they will beat you. If you can do both ways at running and especially passing with with wide receivers that have speed and can catch. It's possible. Hope that makes sense.
...written in the style of someone from outside the area looking in. Even people from around the Valley who didn't attend Big Red and graduated from other high schools refer to the school as "Big Red" almost uniformly.

And then he picks Perry by 21+ points in the poll on this thread, contradicting his entire persona displayed when he is pretending to be a "Big Red Fan."

Transparently trollish behavior if I've ever seen it. Mods?

Last edited by RedBlack_Attack; 11-14-17 at 11:14 PM. Reason: \
Old 11-14-17, 11:43 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
I just never call the school, "Big Red" when I tell someone or someone asks me what school I went to. Or having conversations about sports or music events I just say, Steubenville. I tell people I went to, Steubenville and people just look at me and confused because they're used to others just saying, "Big Red". I only say "Let's go Big Red" at football games. Yeah, I know people look at me sometimes when I don't just say, "Big Red" but I just don't.
Yet another glaring tell........you would not say, "Let's go Big Red" at football games

Anyone who has ever been to more than one game knows it is "Let's go RED"

No one says " Let's go Big Red" at games

This is just becoming comical
Old 11-15-17, 01:31 AM
Freshman

Dean Martin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Let’s see, calling a fourth down run play that everyone in the stadium knew was coming, or having the kicker come out to attempt a field goal that everyone knew was probably beyond his range? How many attempts had he converted on during the year from that distance? That decision itself lost the game. Why not throw a jump ball to Reeves, worst case scenario is you go to overtime best case TD or PI then you kick from 26 rather than 41. All questionable coaching decisions. Granted execution is paramount but the coaches put the kids in those positions,
If Im not mistaken did big red outscore Hartley in the second half of both state championship games...sounds like the big red coaches made better adjustments. Maybe, hartleys coaches chocked and we're lucky to hang on
Old 11-15-17, 02:26 AM
All District

erdna is on a distinguished road
Quote:

This is amazing...please don't stop!!!
Old 11-15-17, 05:29 AM
Freshman

Red Ride is on a distinguished road
Graduated from Warren G. Harding. No one would say I graduated from Panther or I graduated from Crusader or I graduated from Wildcat. It's something very distinct to Steubenville and very unusual. Frankly it doesn't reflect well on anyone or anything. By the way, would like to see the Warren Harding - Steubenville rivalry reinstituted. Some very memorable games.