Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who will win?
Hoban 49 51.04%
Barberton 47 48.96%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-17, 02:25 PM
All Ohio

gamblingfool is on a distinguished road
OHSAA sucks!
Old 11-14-17, 02:42 PM
All Region

cgtrojan1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
The first clue for the OHSAA having screwed this up is that there may be no tickets at the gate. That shouldn't happen for any high school game, let alone one of this magnitude.
Just because they sold their allotment does not mean the game is close to sold out. Schools get to keep a portion of the allotment so OHSAA limits the presale tix.

My guess is Barberton side will fill up but you will be able to find a seat on the home side.
Old 11-14-17, 03:26 PM
All World

SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtrojan1 View Post
Just because they sold their allotment does not mean the game is close to sold out. Schools get to keep a portion of the allotment so OHSAA limits the presale tix.

My guess is Barberton side will fill up but you will be able to find a seat on the home side.
I think it's laughable that many think Hoban (or any of the private schools) won't have as many fans as a city team. Jokingly, I say their base covers counties not one town. There will be plenty of Hoban fans to support the team. Now I can understand with towns like Barberton, (also Wadsworth, Green, etc.) with only one high school, it's the only "show in town." So with nothing else to garner their attention, they come out to see the games.

I expect there to be a huge crowd. Especially since the other local team playing Friday night is over in Salem.
Old 11-14-17, 03:35 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
If there is any way to stream the game through Spectrum, I wonder if there would be time for either or both of the schools to set up a "watch party" at their respective gyms to accommodate any fans who can't get a ticket.
My bet is that you'd need permission from Spectrum and OHSAA.
Old 11-14-17, 03:48 PM
All Ohio

Findy15 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by frecriss View Post
Stupid post.

Barberton completely dominated this game from beginning to end and shot themselves in the foot numerous times with four turnovers.

Barberton had three scoring drives of over 90 yards and two other long drives that ended with turnovers.

Bennie throws an ill advised bad pass? Without an ill advised pass, Bennies doesnt score...they only scored on a pick six.

And, Dip-, the coach going for two was to push lead to 30 so as to get to a running clock. The field conditions were worsening as the night progressed. No reason to hang around longer when the outcome was long determined.
It doesn't change things at all. Barberton loses by a ton in this one. 42-7 sounds about right. Yeah to most Bennie fans I don't think they saw it your way. Going for 2 up 24 is bush. Weather or no weather. Clown.
Old 11-14-17, 03:57 PM
All Ohio

Findy15 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by frecriss View Post
Stupid post.

Barberton completely dominated this game from beginning to end and shot themselves in the foot numerous times with four turnovers.

Barberton had three scoring drives of over 90 yards and two other long drives that ended with turnovers.

Bennie throws an ill advised bad pass? Without an ill advised pass, Bennies doesnt score...they only scored on a pick six.

And, Dip-, the coach going for two was to push lead to 30 so as to get to a running clock. The field conditions were worsening as the night progressed. No reason to hang around longer when the outcome was long determined.
Domination would have been no turnovers & up 35 at the break. Instead you choked, to a rebuilding Bengal squad, that gave all they could. 10-0 teams that are contenders put away 6-4 teams that are rebuilding. You won't want to play Benedictine the next 4 years. I know that for sure. They won't keep you in the game as you supposedly??? Kept them in the game.
Old 11-14-17, 04:06 PM
All Region

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtrojan1 View Post

3000 tickets were given to each school. Thatís it. Both will be gone by tomorrow afternoon. Stadium capacity I am told was around 5500-6000. Donít bet on it.
Old 11-14-17, 04:12 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
3000 tickets were given to each school. That’s it. Both will be gone by tomorrow afternoon. Stadium capacity I am told was around 5500-6000. Don’t bet on it.
According to this site, it is 5458. I would note that this site has it in Scioto County, but the picture and address are correct.

http://ohiostadiums.com/stadium.php?id=2226

Nice job OHSAA!
Old 11-14-17, 04:36 PM
All Ohio

FickellOutMeYeRiN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Findy15 View Post
Domination would have been no turnovers & up 35 at the break. Instead you choked, to a rebuilding Bengal squad, that gave all they could. 10-0 teams that are contenders put away 6-4 teams that are rebuilding. You won't want to play Benedictine the next 4 years. I know that for sure. They won't keep you in the game as you supposedly??? Kept them in the game.
You're just full of ed post..
Old 11-14-17, 04:56 PM
All Yappi

frecriss is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It doesn't change things at all. Barberton loses by a ton in this one. 42-7 sounds about right. Yeah to most Bennie fans I don't think they saw it your way. Going for 2 up 24 is bush. Weather or no weather. Clown.
They didn't go for two when up by 24. They went for two when up 28 to push the lead to 30 and get a running clock. Know facts
Old 11-14-17, 04:58 PM
All Yappi

frecriss is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Wow, I didn't realize beating a team by 30 was choking. Thankfully for Benedictine, Barberton played it's worst game of the season and still invoked the mercy rule.

And, Benedictine can bring it anytime.
Old 11-14-17, 05:13 PM
All Region

skipatroller is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
If there is any way to stream the game through Spectrum, I wonder if there would be time for either or both of the schools to set up a "watch party" at their respective gyms to accommodate any fans who can't get a ticket.
Set up a projection screen with a laptop and a Spectrum account, request canned food for a food drive, open concessions. Just don't charge for a ticket to watch the game.
Old 11-14-17, 05:27 PM
All Ohio

owencountykentucky is on a distinguished road
Back in the 40s & 50s when Barberton was A State power, it seemed like the whole city traveled with the team. I remember the 50 & 51 games at Massillon, they filled the visitors side of the stadium. At that time the stadium held 21k.
Old 11-14-17, 06:16 PM
All Ohio

FickellOutMeYeRiN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblingfool View Post
OHSAA sucks!
This game should be at Akron U.. Akron U can't host high school playoff games because it gives them a recruiting advantage says the NCAA... Don't put all the blame on OHSAA here
Old 11-14-17, 06:46 PM
All Region

chito is on a distinguished road
See the attachment below for parking information for this Friday’s OHSAA Playoff Football Game at Green Memorial Stadium (1737 Steese Road, Uniontown, Ohio 44685). Parking is $3.00 (exact change is appreciated).

Parking Lot Locations:

Queen Of Haven Church: 1800 Steese Rd., Uniontown 44685
Central Park: Steese Rd., Uniontown 44685
Green Memorial Stadium: 1737 Steese Rd., Uniontown 44685
Green Middle School: 1711 Steese Rd., Uniontown 44685
City of Green Administrative Offices: 1755 Town Park Blvd., Uniontown 44685
Old 11-14-17, 07:29 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FickellOutMeYeRiN View Post
This game should be at Akron U.. Akron U can't host high school playoff games because it gives them a recruiting advantage says the NCAA... Don't put all the blame on OHSAA here
Funny, the finals were at OSU. Walsh and Malone play at Benson.
Old 11-14-17, 10:18 PM
Varsity

BleedPurple13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm pretty sure Hoban plays St. V at Info every season.
Old 11-14-17, 10:22 PM
All Ohio

Andy27 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
The first clue for the OHSAA having screwed this up is that there may be no tickets at the gate. That shouldn't happen for any high school game, let alone one of this magnitude.
OHSAA doesn't care. They left Hoban off the State Finals program again this year.
Old 11-14-17, 11:02 PM
All Region

Paydirt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy27 View Post
OHSAA doesn't care. They left Hoban off the State Finals program again this year.
Do you really wanna go down this rabbit hole? Just be thankful they gave you a trophy.
Old 11-15-17, 12:34 AM
All American

StarstoShine is on a distinguished road
Paydirt is 100 correct. Hoban has two opponents remaining in the playoffs. Iggy’s & STVM. This game should be played at INFO. The OHSAA has no Regional Finals at big venues statewide.
Old 11-15-17, 01:03 AM
All District

RickKnight33 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Wrong. They have hosted playoff games there the past 2 seasons. Not to mention, OSU has hosted the championship games... Fake NCAA News
Old 11-15-17, 07:33 AM
All American

Irish60 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I had forgotten about that new rule. But I don't think it applies in this situation. My understanding (and its an NCAA rule, so clarity is NOT the order of the day!) is that this affects games earlier in the season (like the Showdown played at Nippert Stadium). Since the NCAA moved up the early signing time to December, then games at the beginning of the season fall within the "dead time" where an NCAA coach cannot have any contact with athletes or their parents. But, if the scheduled game is NOT during this dead period, then the games can be played. That's why, for example, STVM-Hoban and several City series games, were allowed to be played at Akron U. If these games had been earlier, then perhaps they would have been effected by the new rule interpretation. Note: I believe the Showdown games in Cincinnati had to be moved. I guess this is a long way of saying that I don't believe the NCAA rule would have prevented this game from being at Infocision.
Old 11-15-17, 09:23 AM
All Ohio

diamondmatch is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
No, having a running clock in High School football is bush. Get over it. It was a butt whoopin!
Old 11-15-17, 11:35 AM
All American

joesports is on a distinguished road
The Barberton/Benedictine game was a competitive game for 3 qts where IMO Barberton was clearly the better team ... in the 4th Qt things went south for the Bennies ... For Barberton this was a good game to start the playoffs ... getting your first playoff victory ever against a team with the tradition of Benedictine was big for them ... also, if I am not mistaken, the Hoban vs Benedictine game was also a competitive game ... I think this game is going to be a close low scoring game with the team that makes the most "big" plays and/or does not turn the ball over will win ... good luck both team and GO MAGICS!!!!
Old 11-15-17, 01:34 PM
All Ohio

diamondmatch is on a distinguished road
Barberton has more Catholics than Hoban. Magics roll by 21!
Old 11-15-17, 01:58 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Any update on ticket sales?

The one major issue I have with selecting a location such as Green is that a sellout with both teams having equal tickets will mean that the home side will be a mix of fans from both schools. The homeside is considerably larger than the visitor side:

Old 11-15-17, 02:08 PM
All Ohio

thickthinbigred is on a distinguished road
Where in the hell did Barberton come from? Man I would love to see them match up with Massillon in the state semis.
Old 11-15-17, 02:08 PM
All Region

Redwing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
Any update on ticket sales?
Hoban sent out an email to the football parents last night that they anticipate selling out today.
Old 11-15-17, 03:00 PM
All Region

SLAGuy is on a distinguished road
This should be a battle either way. Can't see either team winning in a blowout.
Old 11-15-17, 04:20 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAGuy View Post
This should be a battle either way. Can't see either team winning in a blowout.
That's because you are objective.