Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 11-02-17, 10:17 AM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Posts: 2,034
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Doron Lamb- Bucks/Magic now in Europe
Terrence Jones- 1st rd
Brandon Knight- 1st rd
Enes Kanter- 1st rd
Eloy Vargas- Europe
Darius Miller- Pelicans
Jon Hood- graduated
Stacey Poole- transferred to Georgia Tech
Jarrod Polson- graduated
DeAndre Liggins- Bucks
Harrellson- was in the NBA on three teams now in Europe
Twany Beckham- currently works for the state of KY. His career ended in a back injury. Could have played in Europe
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #62  
Old 11-02-17, 10:22 AM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Posts: 2,034
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Noel- 1st rd
Hood- graduated
Polson- graduated
Goodwin- 1st rd
Beckham-( started as a walkon) graduated injured works for the state
Malone- graduated (walkon)
Lanter- graduated (walkon)
Willie Cauley-Stein- 1st rd
Harrow- Europe
Poythress- NBA (graduated as well)
Long- (walkon) graduated
Wiltjer- Rockets now in Europe
Julius Mays transfer played in Europe


This would be considered by many to be his weakest recruiting class. Some of the walkon received scholarships this year because there were a couple open.

Last edited by Arrogate; 11-09-17 at 12:13 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 11-06-17, 10:01 PM
Chop Stix Chop Stix is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-06-05
Location: 8000 Utopia Pkwy
Posts: 3,398
Chop Stix is an unknown quantity at this point
Celtics on a 9 game winning streak. Kyrie with his best game yet going for 35 and 7.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 11-07-17, 01:19 AM
SLAGuy SLAGuy is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-11-17
Posts: 476
SLAGuy is on a distinguished road
If Kyrie goes on to lead the Celtics to the Finals and the Cavs falter to a mid level playoff spot and loss, does this start the discussion about who had more impact in the Cavs championship runs, Lebron or Kyrie?
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 11-07-17, 06:58 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 2,172
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
For some, but those people aren't very smart. 7 Finals and there's been 2 constants. LeBron James and James Jones.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 11-09-17, 11:40 AM
14Red 14Red is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 2,206
14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAGuy View Post
If Kyrie goes on to lead the Celtics to the Finals and the Cavs falter to a mid level playoff spot and loss, does this start the discussion about who had more impact in the Cavs championship runs, Lebron or Kyrie?
I'm not sure about that. Kyrie's value in Cleveland at times was taken for granted though, and we are seeing that now. The Celtics are a really good TEAM, with a innovative coach. The Cavs always had a great player in LeBron, and a few other players who could tolerate him and then largely a bunch of dime a dozen players.
I think the thing we are finding out is that LeBron is very difficult to play with. He's very surly, uber competitve which is good on some levels, but very difficult to build sustainable winning. LeBron has never played well with a true point guard. He wants the ball in his hand too much. DWade can live that that to a certain degree due to his age. Rose is struggling and Isiah Thomas will have the same issues. YOu play with LB, you're going to stand on the wing and watch him dribble alot. Kyrie was never completely comfortable playing with LeBron. He looks very comfortable with the Celtics, who run a more fluid offense.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 11-09-17, 12:17 PM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Posts: 2,034
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
I'm not sure about that. Kyrie's value in Cleveland at times was taken for granted though, and we are seeing that now. The Celtics are a really good TEAM, with a innovative coach. The Cavs always had a great player in LeBron, and a few other players who could tolerate him and then largely a bunch of dime a dozen players.
I think the thing we are finding out is that LeBron is very difficult to play with. He's very surly, uber competitve which is good on some levels, but very difficult to build sustainable winning. LeBron has never played well with a true point guard. He wants the ball in his hand too much. DWade can live that that to a certain degree due to his age. Rose is struggling and Isiah Thomas will have the same issues. YOu play with LB, you're going to stand on the wing and watch him dribble alot. Kyrie was never completely comfortable playing with LeBron. He looks very comfortable with the Celtics, who run a more fluid offense.
Difficult to build sustainable winning? Seriously? NBA finals in what 7 straight years isn't sustainable winning?
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 11-09-17, 12:48 PM
adselder09 adselder09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 12,678
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Difficult to build sustainable winning? Seriously? NBA finals in what 7 straight years isn't sustainable winning?
My thoughts exactly. Another 14Red gem.

I will say the Cavs are in trouble unless they can find more scoring. LeBron can't do everything offensively and still expect to stop the other team's best player when it matters. They desperately need IT to come back healthy and close to what he was in Boston.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 11-09-17, 01:56 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 2,206
14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Difficult to build sustainable winning? Seriously? NBA finals in what 7 straight years isn't sustainable winning?
That's with two teams, built for winning. To say that LeBron went to Miami and built the Heat would be incorrect. That teams was traded or bought to win immediately. LB then comes to Cleveland with a budding star in Irving and add Kevin Love, and again, uber fast rebuild. Can you name more than a handful of guys who played with LeBron in a significant role for more than 3 seasons. Zydrunas Ilgauskas is about the only one I can think of.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 11-09-17, 02:10 PM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 2,172
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Doesn't matter if the Heat was traded or bought to win. It was built around LeBron James, as was Cleveland. It doesn't matter if the "rebuilds" tooks 1 month or 10 years. Between the 2 teams there are 7 straight Finals appearances. That is built sustainable winning.

Dwyane Wade, Mike Miller, James Jones, Udonis Haslem, Mario Chalmers, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Chris Bosh, Joel Anthony, Boobie Gibson, Anderson Varejao, Kevin Love, Tristian Thompson, JR Smith, Iman Shumpert. I'm sure I'm missing a few. Instead of admitting you said something stupid, you doubled down and then added more stupidity. Well done.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 11-09-17, 02:50 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 2,206
14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
My thoughts exactly. Another 14Red gem.

I will say the Cavs are in trouble unless they can find more scoring. LeBron can't do everything offensively and still expect to stop the other team's best player when it matters. They desperately need IT to come back healthy and close to what he was in Boston.
I think when you turn the keys over to one superstar, you put your franchise in a situation where no one else grows. That's been LeBron's detriment his whole career (but it's been a good one, no doubt) but he dominates the ball way too much, other players don't grow and get better. Love probably plays as well with him as any other teammate.
LeBron is playing at an MVP rate right now, but the team isn't winning because he does and feels he has to do everything. They won the other night largely because they got unanticipated contributions from Love and JR Smith. Smith shot out of his mind. He's not going to do that night in and night out.
Also at some point, LeBron is going to start to break down.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 11-09-17, 02:54 PM
Neopolitan Neopolitan is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-12-16
Posts: 2,372
Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
He's one of the best passers in NBA history. If you can't succeed playing with him, you're not going to succeed with any superstar in NBA history. He gets his teammates far more involved than Jordan ever did.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 11-10-17, 08:02 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 67,267
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
14red
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 11-10-17, 08:05 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 67,267
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
I saw James Harden got one of those easy triple doubles last night in the Rockets win over the Cavs.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 11-10-17, 10:36 AM
Zezzo! Zezzo! is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-17-11
Posts: 1,584
Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
14Red smh,,,,,you do it to yourself buddy. Maybe what you meant to say is that historically Duke players don't do well in the NBA. Of all the All-Americans that come from a storied program they do not do well in the league. Kyrie Irving will be the school's first professional basketball Hall of Famer.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 11-10-17, 12:57 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 67,267
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezzo! View Post
14Red smh,,,,,you do it to yourself buddy. Maybe what you meant to say is that historically Duke players don't do well in the NBA. Of all the All-Americans that come from a storied program they do not do well in the league. Kyrie Irving will be the school's first professional basketball Hall of Famer.
Nah, Grant Hill will likely get in this year.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 11-13-17, 11:44 AM
14Red 14Red is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 2,206
14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
I saw James Harden got one of those easy triple doubles last night in the Rockets win over the Cavs.
James Harden SHOULD get a triple double every night. He has the ball in his hands 98% of the time. At least until Chris Paul gets back. Obviously points and assists are easily attainable. Rebounds is probably the one that's toughest for him, but if there's 80-90 missed shots per game, if he's out there 35 minutes, you should be able to coral 10 boards.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 11-13-17, 11:46 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 2,172
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
There has been one team in the last ten years to average 90 shots a game. No one is missing 80-90 shots per game.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 11-13-17, 11:47 AM
14Red 14Red is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 2,206
14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezzo! View Post
14Red smh,,,,,you do it to yourself buddy. Maybe what you meant to say is that historically Duke players don't do well in the NBA. Of all the All-Americans that come from a storied program they do not do well in the league. Kyrie Irving will be the school's first professional basketball Hall of Famer.
Maybe Duke players, who's entrance requirements are much higher than Kentucky and other basketball factories, have other "non-basketball" options to a career that does not include playing in the G League, D League or some Sunday night league in Poland?? Just sayin...
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 11-13-17, 11:48 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 2,172
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Maybe Duke players, who's entrance requirements are much higher than Kentucky and other basketball factories, have other "non-basketball" options to a career that does not include playing in the G League, D League or some Sunday night league in Poland?? Just sayin...
What does that have to do with being great in the NBA or making it to the HOF?
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 11-13-17, 02:40 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 67,267
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Maybe Duke players, who's entrance requirements are much higher than Kentucky and other basketball factories, have other "non-basketball" options to a career that does not include playing in the G League, D League or some Sunday night league in Poland?? Just sayin...
You really think itís harder to qualify a top-100 recruit at Duke than Kentucky?
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 11-13-17, 02:41 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 67,267
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
James Harden SHOULD get a triple double every night. He has the ball in his hands 98% of the time. At least until Chris Paul gets back. Obviously points and assists are easily attainable. Rebounds is probably the one that's toughest for him, but if there's 80-90 missed shots per game, if he's out there 35 minutes, you should be able to coral 10 boards.
okay.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 11-13-17, 03:15 PM
adselder09 adselder09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 12,678
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
There has been one team in the last ten years to average 90 shots a game. No one is missing 80-90 shots per game.
Can't believe I'm about to do this, but i think he means both ways. 80-90 missed shots per game, not just one team. Granted he has minimal opportunities to "coral" his own shots and whoever he is primarily guarding their shots. Westbrook is one of the only point guards in the league who looks to rebound the ball. He actively is seeking the ball when it's on the glass. In reality, Harden gets maybe 15-25 chances at rebounds a night, but he's still battling his own bigs and the other team for them.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 11-13-17, 04:16 PM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 2,172
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Ahhhh true. Even went and checked the Rockets game. Doesn't make his statement any less stupid. Otherwise you'd have every player averaging 30+ minutes per game with 10+ rebounds per game. There's only 13 players in the entirety of the NBA who average 10 or more rebounds per game.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 11-13-17, 04:19 PM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Posts: 2,034
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Maybe Duke players, who's entrance requirements are much higher than Kentucky and other basketball factories, have other "non-basketball" options to a career that does not include playing in the G League, D League or some Sunday night league in Poland?? Just sayin...
Do you really think there is a difference in entrance for basketball players at duke and UK. these aren't regular students
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 11-16-17, 08:46 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 2,172
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I was watching the 76ers last night and I was initially very impressed with Joel Embiid's game last night. And then after thinking about it I realized how unimpressive it really was. First of all he played against the Lakers, one of the worst teams in the NBA. Second, he played 34 minutes last night and constantly had the ball in his hands. While at first glance, 7 assists for a center is great. But with how much he had the ball, he really should have had at least 10, if not 15. 15 rebounds? He played 34 minutes and there were 111 missed shots in the game! Playing that much with so many misses, he should have corralled at least 30. Just a really unimpressive, and honestly, not a very good game from Embiid last night. He should be embarrassed.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 11-16-17, 10:24 AM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Posts: 2,034
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
solid
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 11-16-17, 03:58 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 2,206
14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Can't believe I'm about to do this, but i think he means both ways. 80-90 missed shots per game, not just one team. Granted he has minimal opportunities to "coral" his own shots and whoever he is primarily guarding their shots. Westbrook is one of the only point guards in the league who looks to rebound the ball. He actively is seeking the ball when it's on the glass. In reality, Harden gets maybe 15-25 chances at rebounds a night, but he's still battling his own bigs and the other team for them.
Yes, that's combined missed shots for both teams, because it doesn't matter if an offensive or defensive rebound, it counts as a rebound, but you have to explain every little detail to Taco because he doesn't get it.

Also remember the many more long 3 point shots means long rebounds and guards can get more now. Back in the 80's much tougher to get rebounds for guards because there wasn't as many 3 point shot attempts. Also watch how many guys crash the boards. If Westbook say, crashes the offensive boards and many of his teammates drop back on defense so they don't get laid up on the other end, it creates more rebounding opportunities. Look, he still has to do it, but triple doubles are not nearly as impressive as many think they are when you look closely. Guys who have the ball in their hands all the time are likely candidates for triple doubles. The points are easy, you pass to potential shooters the entire game, so the assists aren't that difficult for guys like Harden, Westbrook and LeBron. The rebounds is the one they have to work at a little.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 11-16-17, 04:10 PM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 2,172
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
If it's so easy to get 10+ assists every game why is only 1 player in the entire NBA (0.002%) averaging 10+ assists per game? If getting 10+ rebounds per game is so easy why are only 13 players in the entire NBA (0.023%) averaging 10+ rebounds per game?

Maaaaaaybe because it's pretty difficult to do?
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 11-16-17, 05:13 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 2,206
14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
If it's so easy to get 10+ assists every game why is only 1 player in the entire NBA (0.002%) averaging 10+ assists per game? If getting 10+ rebounds per game is so easy why are only 13 players in the entire NBA (0.023%) averaging 10+ rebounds per game?

Maaaaaaybe because it's pretty difficult to do?
Largely because most players don't play a ton of minutes. Look, it's not EASY, but it's not as big of a deal as you and others think it is. It's a by product of having the ball in your hands alot plus minutes played. Alot of guys could throw complete games in baseball, but the game does not dictate that anymore.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Doubledribble, the AARP Boys and Diva One Who Knows General Board 4087 11-17-17 08:50 PM
Luke Kennard--NBA Draft 2017 borntopin Boys Basketball 24 10-20-17 03:30 PM
The future of AAU and college basketball hvs1717 Boys Basketball 15 10-18-17 09:07 PM
What changes would you make to the NFL, NBA, and/or MLB? Yappi General Board 88 06-27-17 09:08 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz