Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-27-17, 06:00 PM
Varsity

fearthekeeper is on a distinguished road
Hot feet on turf

Any magic bullets to cool feet while playing on turf?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-17, 07:53 PM
All Ohio

CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
our girls put ice cubes in their cleats. sorry not helpful i know
Old 08-27-17, 08:13 PM
All District

Birdofprey is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearthekeeper View Post
Any magic bullets to cool feet while playing on turf?
Could be an early sign of a repetitive use injury of the lower legs. If the your daughter's feet have tingling sensation along with a feeling of heat, that could indicate a loss of circulation and nerve function. Harder surfaces like worn turf can exasperate the problem. I assume she's not playing on turf that is 120 degrees.
Old 08-28-17, 10:04 AM
All Region

Upper 90 is on a distinguished road
Using ice or cold water does provide immediate relief but some can get blisters using that method. I think the best thing is to try and provide a better barrier between the turf and the foot. Cleats these days use lightweight materials and often really thin construction by design, which puts your foot even closer to the heat action. Some sort of comfort insole insert might work, or thicker socks or a really thin pair under the game socks. At the half or if out of the game take everything off, even if only for 1-2 minutes it will help. I was in Mason yesterday for pee wee football and and even with the somewhat mild temps you could feel the heat from the turf from way back. I wish coaches would schedule the Saturday games in Aug/Sept in the evening, nothing worse than baking at noon on aluminum seats!
Old 08-28-17, 10:14 AM
All American

Rohbino is on a distinguished road
The best solution is to play as little as possible on that plastic junk. Soccer is meant to be played on natural grass so play it on natural grass.
Old 08-28-17, 07:10 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post
The best solution is to play as little as possible on that plastic junk. Soccer is meant to be played on natural grass so play it on natural grass.
Unfortunately, we don't get to choose the surfaces they play on.
Old 08-28-17, 07:11 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdofprey View Post
Could be an early sign of a repetitive use injury of the lower legs. If the your daughter's feet have tingling sensation along with a feeling of heat, that could indicate a loss of circulation and nerve function. Harder surfaces like worn turf can exasperate the problem. I assume she's not playing on turf that is 120 degrees.
I'm not sure being hot is a repetitive use injury
Old 08-28-17, 08:37 PM
All District

Birdofprey is on a distinguished road
From WebMD (in part):

Causes of Burning Feet

Most often, neuropathy is the cause of burning feet. Damaged nerve fibers are more likely to become overactive and misfire. The damaged nerves send pain signals to the brain even though there is no wound.

In most people with neuropathy, the leg nerves become damaged first. These people often have tingling and numbness in the feet as well. Many people complain that their feet are overly sensitive to touch (hyperesthesia) and can have varying degrees of burning pain. It can range from mild to disabling.

If the player is just hot, why ask about cooling feet?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: