Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 4.67 average. Display Modes
Old 09-14-12, 08:38 AM
All Region

OH BOY is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lec TricSkin View Post
Boiler Up..awesome context! It has never been been and will never be about the parents..we can only create or destroy the clearing for our children.In my 15 years as a soccer parent I have seen both powerfully demonstrated with great joy and saddness.
With three young ladies, 25 and older, I will say this,
"Let them play, enjoy and back off parents or you will regret somewhere down the road.
On another note, I find it hard to beleive that this was the kid and the only reason I say that is because my ladies would look at me and say, 'parents are stupid for even being on this stupid site and I must agree, they are probbaly right.
That being said, doesn't this young lady have alot more on her plate (school, soccer etc, etc, to be worried on what goes on on Yappi. Just my thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-12, 09:01 AM
All Ohio

soccerdad is on a distinguished road
Sorry, but parents have everything to do with your success and access to quality soccer. I'm 100% a fan of the player and my posts reflect that. I personally spent every weekend(all 52) on soccer for 15 years and spent most if not all of my left over income on my kids soccer needs. Mom and Dad also have alot to do with that natural talent thing. Not to mention the 15 surgery's we had to go thru together. It's also not an accident that most of the best teams/players come out of well to do areas. (the parents afforded there children the time and access to all things needed to become a quality player). My kids are exceptions because by no means are we well to do or in a high income area.I also don't doubt that Tim/OE had alot to do with getting an offer to a great college. It's part of playing/buying your way onto a great, well respected club that gave you the edge. Not everyone has that opportunity. So good luck and great success.
Old 09-14-12, 09:44 AM
Junior Varsity

RushFan333 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH BOY View Post
With three young ladies, 25 and older, I will say this,
"Let them play, enjoy and back off parents or you will regret somewhere down the road.
On another note, I find it hard to beleive that this was the kid and the only reason I say that is because my ladies would look at me and say, 'parents are stupid for even being on this stupid site and I must agree, they are probbaly right.
That being said, doesn't this young lady have alot more on her plate (school, soccer etc, etc, to be worried on what goes on on Yappi. Just my thoughts.
Oh Boy, You are WRONG! My daughter (and her OE/SUA teammates) has been, over the course of her career, the victim of some of these attacks. She did this, and to assert otherwise does her a disservice. Not Cool.
Old 09-14-12, 09:57 AM
All American

cincyeaglefan is on a distinguished road
If it was really your daughter Rush it was a nice lil post. But even I gotta wonder, why does she care what a bunch of bickering parents think? lol Except for the girl part I'd LOVE to be in her shoes right now! College life at Purdue playing Div 1 ball occasionally watching a crappy football team on Saturday's. Go live the life! Who cares what us bozo's on Yappi say lol.
Old 09-14-12, 10:13 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerdad View Post
Sorry, but parents have everything to do with your success and access to quality soccer. I'm 100% a fan of the player and my posts reflect that. I personally spent every weekend(all 52) on soccer for 15 years and spent most if not all of my left over income on my kids soccer needs. Mom and Dad also have alot to do with that natural talent thing. Not to mention the 15 surgery's we had to go thru together. It's also not an accident that most of the best teams/players come out of well to do areas. (the parents afforded there children the time and access to all things needed to become a quality player). My kids are exceptions because by no means are we well to do or in a high income area.I also don't doubt that Tim/OE had alot to do with getting an offer to a great college. It's part of playing/buying your way onto a great, well respected club that gave you the edge. Not everyone has that opportunity. So good luck and great success.
Props
Been down that road. Our soccer tree is all withered and dried up, no more money
Old 09-14-12, 10:14 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyeaglefan View Post
If it was really your daughter Rush it was a nice lil post. But even I gotta wonder, why does she care what a bunch of bickering parents think? lol Except for the girl part I'd LOVE to be in her shoes right now! College life at Purdue playing Div 1 ball occasionally watching a crappy football team on Saturday's. Go live the life! Who cares what us bozo's on Yappi say lol.
Yep
Old 09-14-12, 12:14 PM
Freshman

craziness is on a distinguished road
Rushfan, with all do respect, are you drinking the same OE coolaid as socceballnut. Lets face it folks, if they are good and dedicated, they will play college soccer, somewhere. not every college player in the country plays for the same club. Just like not all NFL, NBA, MLS players didn't play at the same club, high school or college. "If you build, they will come"
Old 09-14-12, 12:35 PM
All Ohio

Juan Pelota is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyeaglefan View Post
If it was really your daughter Rush it was a nice lil post. But even I gotta wonder, why does she care what a bunch of bickering parents think?
I don't doubt that it was his daughter. Kids today are incredibly techno-savvy and "wired in." They know what is being said and written about them or those that they care about (in this instance OE, as well as the players, and coaches at OE). When Rushfan's daughter responded didn't she essentially say the same thing when she wrote this:

“Please just quit with the jealousy, the bitterness, the hatred, the club bashing, the arguing. It is such a waste of time, and not to mention, it can be very hurtful to these teenage girls who you sometimes criticize. As fathers, maybe consider this the next time you post something: Would you want that same exact thing to be said about your daughter or something your daughter holds dear (i.e. her club, her coaches, her teammates, etc.)? I doubt it.”

Kids hear this stuff – you can bet on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by craziness View Post
Rushfan, with all do respect, are you drinking the same OE coolaid as socceballnut. Lets face it folks, if they are good and dedicated, they will play college soccer, somewhere. not every college player in the country plays for the same club. Just like not all NFL, NBA, MLS players didn't play at the same club, high school or college. "If you build, they will come"
crazypants, I don't think that anybody here ever said that ohio elite was the only place that kids should play. It's not for everybody. There isn't any club that's for everybody. If there was one club that was for everybody there would only be one club and all games would be contested between the teams of that club. Wouldn't that be interesting?

Why are you such a hater? Don't you have a therapy session that you should be getting to?

Also, crazypants, I asked you at some other point what club you coach with and you didn't answer. What club are you with?
Old 09-14-12, 01:13 PM
All District

socceballnut is on a distinguished road
crazypants (Thanks Juan), Not drinking the cool-aid, or club bashing. Just a simple fact. ECNL is for the top players......PERIOD!!! Does not mean all the best players are in that league. Everyteam/club has good players in their system. For some reason you seem to be jealous of the kids who play for OE. Your last statement says it all,"If you build, they will come". So if a club does not build, then they will leave.
Old 09-14-12, 02:28 PM
All Ohio

Simple problem is, that even if a club could assemble(and there have been many) that are better than OE club teams, they still could not enter a league like the ECNL. This is the direct link to player movement. They are creating a system that give quality players little choice for who,what where. It's easy to be the best when your the only one participating.
Old 09-14-12, 02:49 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by socceballnut View Post
Just a simple fact. ECNL is for the top players......PERIOD!!! Does not mean all the best players are in that league.
soccerballnut, there's something about the way that you are phrasing this that bothers me. I agree that the league has very good players and I also agree that all of the best players are not in the league. There are probably just as many good players that aren't in the league as are in the league. To me, at least, stating that the "ECNL is for the top players......PERIOD!!!" reeks of arrogance. I'm not saying that I necessarily disagree with the statement but it could be toned down a bit. That probably sounds pretty contrarian coming from me - a person that tones almost nothing down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerdad View Post
Simple problem is, that even if a club could assemble(and there have been many) that are better than OE club teams, they still could not enter a league like the ECNL. This is the direct link to player movement. They are creating a system that give quality players little choice for who,what where. It's easy to be the best when your the only one participating.
soccerdad, I agree with you somewhat but I do have a question for you: do you see a difference between what you stated and the Academy program on the boys side? Just curious.

I thought this thread was supposed to be about college soccer. It seems that every thread here morphs into something else.
Old 09-14-12, 03:32 PM
All District

socceballnut is on a distinguished road
Did not mean to be arrogant, could have stated it better. I am of the opinion that the best soccer players, regardless of club, are the ones who have coaches that allow them to play and learn. Seems like a rarity these days, as certain clubs sacrifice kids just to win games.
Old 09-14-12, 09:10 PM
All Region

The Giss is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Pelota View Post
soccerballnut, there's something about the way that you are phrasing this that bothers me. I agree that the league has very good players and I also agree that all of the best players are not in the league. There are probably just as many good players that aren't in the league as are in the league. To me, at least, stating that the "ECNL is for the top players......PERIOD!!!" reeks of arrogance. I'm not saying that I necessarily disagree with the statement but it could be toned down a bit. That probably sounds pretty contrarian coming from me - a person that tones almost nothing down.
Yep, it's not like it's the DA or something
Old 09-15-12, 08:51 AM
Varsity

justsomeone is on a distinguished road
College scores this week?

Anybody see any games this week they would like to comment on?
Old 09-15-12, 08:22 PM
Moderated User

SpeedDemon is on a distinguished road
Crazypants ?
Juan I like that, fits that guy perfect !

That guys sounds like he loves OE ? what is up with that ?
I heard earlier someone asking where crazy pants coaches , News flash he is a parent on that crazy Kings team, you know the one with the Fraud coach , Got a PM from a coach friend from the westside who knows this guy.

Some things never change crazy parents.

Stop living through your kid and enjoy the game.

Give the kids the tools to be succesful and allow them to be accountable for their own actions, stop trying to manipulate the situation.

GO BIG BLUE !
Old 09-15-12, 09:38 PM
Varsity

coachjab13
College soccer

Could have sworn that was the title to this thread.
How about the Cincinnati Girls playing at all levels of college soccer?
Rachel Alvis(Colerain) and Emily Spraul(Oak Hills) at Hanover College.
Kim Golden (Badin) at Morehead State.
Laura Rose (Walnut Hills) at UC.
Livi Logan (Walnut) at St. Louis.
Kristen Habig (Roger Bacon) at Methodist University.
Abby Osborne (McAuley) at Thomas More.
Ariel Fischer (Loveland) at NKU.
There are many, many more. Congratulations on taking your soccer careers to the next level, be it NAIA, D3, D2 or D1. All of them have dediaction and skill. Yes the clubs helped them along the way. But it take a special player to make it to the next level.
Old 09-16-12, 06:24 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushFan333 View Post
Oh Boy, You are WRONG! My daughter (and her OE/SUA teammates) has been, over the course of her career, the victim of some of these attacks. She did this, and to assert otherwise does her a disservice. Not Cool.
Remember Limbagh, it is just a yap board and that's all we are doing, and some people (parents) take it way to serious. It is just my thoughts and it is cool. Have you been outside this morning?
Old 09-16-12, 01:59 PM
All World

coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachjab13 View Post
Could have sworn that was the title to this thread.
How about the Cincinnati Girls playing at all levels of college soccer?
Rachel Alvis(Colerain) and Emily Spraul(Oak Hills) at Hanover College.
Kim Golden (Badin) at Morehead State.
Laura Rose (Walnut Hills) at UC.
Livi Logan (Walnut) at St. Louis.
Kristen Habig (Roger Bacon) at Methodist University.
Abby Osborne (McAuley) at Thomas More.
Ariel Fischer (Loveland) at NKU.
There are many, many more. Congratulations on taking your soccer careers to the next level, be it NAIA, D3, D2 or D1. All of them have dediaction and skill. Yes the clubs helped them along the way. But it take a special player to make it to the next level.
Old 09-16-12, 08:38 PM
Varsity

cincysoccerdad1 is on a distinguished road
Miami Soccer

For all the crap they've received on this board over the years--much deserved--I think Miami should be recognized for the good they're doing as well. Here's a link to a feature written about their four local freshmen.

And, for what it's worth, Miami currently stands at 6-2, and is putting up goals at an impressive rate.

http://www.miamisoccer.com/feature-l...mi-soccer.html
Old 09-16-12, 10:07 PM
Varsity

soccerdean is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincysoccerdad1 View Post
For all the crap they've received on this board over the years--much deserved--I think Miami should be recognized for the good they're doing as well. Here's a link to a feature written about their four local freshmen.

And, for what it's worth, Miami currently stands at 6-2, and is putting up goals at an impressive rate.

http://www.miamisoccer.com/feature-l...mi-soccer.html
i agree they are doing better however the teams they have played have a 27-39-5 record and only 3 out of the 8 teams have a winning record so far. the proof will be in the next 10 conference games in which they play 6 at home.
Old 09-16-12, 10:30 PM
Varsity

soccerdean is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriors378 View Post
Update on Lady Zips Soccer:

Akron lost to Michigan State 2-1 two sundays ago...Spartans scored the game winning goal really late in the match

Then, they beat Cleveland State and Canisus last weekend...they have Marshall this upcoming sunday before getting into conference play...

Really like the way Akron is playing under interim head coach Vernon Croft. Could easily be 4-1-1 or 5-1 with only loss being to William & Mary...
losing to marshall isnt a good way to get ready for conference play and remember he still has the interim tag on him. the school really had no choice but to name him the coach with pfau leaving so late in the year. if he does well in the conference i think the school retains him.
Old 09-17-12, 07:21 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerdean View Post
i agree they are doing better however the teams they have played have a 27-39-5 record and only 3 out of the 8 teams have a winning record so far. the proof will be in the next 10 conference games in which they play 6 at home.
Agree, there's still much to prove on the field, particularly in conference play. That being said, I've watched Miami in person, was impressed, and bet they'll do well the remainder of the season.

Above aside, the point of this post was to highlight the LOCAL players who seem to be thriving in Miami's program. It seems as though they're slowly shedding the 'Miami doesn't recruit Ohio kids' label.
Old 09-17-12, 12:20 PM
All Ohio

!st congrats to the locals.
To JP- in a way I also feel that towards the DA. I'm not sure that 1 particular club should be a destination place for all the best players in a given area. It's very limiting, I think alot of talent is passed over. An example would have been 3-4 years back with the OE Boys having the program and the 2 better teams Kolping and Cup not supporting the system. Some would not have gone anyway simply because of OE's rep at the time with the boy's program. I have never seen a better 2 team group of players in a long time. I would have bet the farm that a combination of those three teams would have produced a national contender. I also feel that way about this years junior class of girls. OE has assembled a great group and finally won state with this group, but again, not all the best in that group are playing together. We played with 4 clubs in that age group and all were very fine teams. I think that the best of the best regardless of how they got that way should be afforded the opportunity to play together at a reasonable fee under a neutral flag. If you look at this years all stars in HS as juniors and a few that are seniors(went to school early) you will see alot of names that aren't on the OE team, That tells me something.
Old 09-18-12, 06:36 AM
All American

warriors378 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerdean View Post
losing to marshall isnt a good way to get ready for conference play and remember he still has the interim tag on him. the school really had no choice but to name him the coach with pfau leaving so late in the year. if he does well in the conference i think the school retains him.
It's not like they were completely dominated, they had chances early on to take the lead and/or tie it in the first half. You have to remember this Akron team is really young. They've started 15 different players, and played a total of 22 players so far this season. Here's the breakdown by class:

players who have started at least one game:

6 Freshmen
4 Sophomores
4 Sophomores
1 Senior

Now, here's the classes for the eleven that has started the most:

4 Freshmen
3 Sophmores
3 Juniors
1 Senior

Total amount of players that have played in at least one game:

6 Freshmen
5 Sophomores
5 Juniors
4 Seniors

This team is really young, and they are better in talent than the 09 team that won the MAC East.
Old 09-19-12, 07:57 AM
All Ohio

Bearcats........more of the same.

There's not much action in this forum unless people are criticizing each other, calling each other names, or criticizing clubs - is there?

It's surprising that Cincinnati's 7-0 blowout loss to Notre Dame this past sunday hasn't been mentioned. Cincinnati: 9 shots, 1 shot on goal. Notre Dame: 35 shots, 15 SOG. Notre Dame is a fantastic team but that does not excuse the performance of the Bearcats. The team now has 5 losses in a row and things will remain tough for them in Big East play.

I thought this was supposed to be a turnaround year but it seems to be business as usual in Clifton. How much more time does Michelle Salmon get?
Old 09-19-12, 08:13 AM
All Region

LetKidsPlay is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It's surprising that Cincinnati's 7-0 blowout loss to Notre Dame this past sunday hasn't been mentioned. Cincinnati: 9 shots, 1 shot on goal. Notre Dame: 35 shots, 15 SOG. Notre Dame is a fantastic team but that does not excuse the performance of the Bearcats. The team now has 5 losses in a row and things will remain tough for them in Big East play.

I thought this was supposed to be a turnaround year but it seems to be business as usual in Clifton. How much more time does Michelle Salmon get?
JP- That's a heck of a question. UC Athletics is puzzling. I do not think that UC really focuses on the non-revenue generating sports. Obviously, football and basketball are the big dogs (or should I say Cats) at UC. All eyes are always on those sports. As a result, it would not surprise me if she is given a very long leash.
Old 09-19-12, 10:52 AM
Varsity

Quote:
There's not much action in this forum unless people are criticizing each other, calling each other names, or criticizing clubs - is there?

Not surprised at all. I've posted multiple times in the past saying that UC will continue to be average at best. They have no style/identity, supposedly a 'tempermental' team culture, and are not recruiting 'difference-making' type kids.
Old 09-19-12, 12:51 PM
All District

C.C. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincysoccerdad1 View Post
Not surprised at all. I've posted multiple times in the past saying that UC will continue to be average at best. They have no style/identity, supposedly a 'tempermental' team culture, and are not recruiting 'difference-making' type kids.
Difference makers do not want to stay at home, they want to go away to school.
I would not say UC is mediocre, I would just say middle of road team.
If you have watch any college soccer, you know that the top 10 to 15 teams are difference makers. After that, you put the rest of them in a burlap sack, shake it up and no telling who might fall out 1st.
I Did go to the UC- Depaul game (won by Depaul. Go Blue Demons). Very entertaining game to watch.
What I did like about U.C was all the locals that have stayed home to play. Whether they are different makers, who am I to judge on a chat board.
Old 09-19-12, 01:07 PM
All World

coachg is on a distinguished road
I do not believe UC knows where to find all the talent Cincy has to offer. I know for a fact that a great player attends UC now and MS was told about her and she wouldn't go watch her play. MS is frustrating and IMHO needs to move on.
Old 09-19-12, 04:03 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C. View Post

Difference makers do not want to stay at home, they want to go away to school.
I would not say UC is mediocre, I would just say middle of road team.
If you have watch any college soccer, you know that the top 10 to 15 teams are difference makers. After that, you put the rest of them in a burlap sack, shake it up and no telling who might fall out 1st.
I Did go to the UC- Depaul game (won by Depaul. Go Blue Demons). Very entertaining game to watch.
What I did like about U.C was all the locals that have stayed home to play. Whether they are different makers, who am I to judge on a chat board.
I know it won't come across this way, but I truly don't mean to pick a fight and/or squabble over terminology. That being said, I would disagree with much of your above statement. I think you can group the women's college teams into tiers. As you said, there's a big difference between the top 10-15 and everyone else--but there's ALSO a ton of differentiation beyond that.

As it relates to UC. Here's some data:

Current '12 record: 3-5-1
'11 conference record: 2-5-2
'10 conference record: 2-8
'09 conference record: 2-7-1

So, over the last four years (including the first few games of this year), UC's conference record is 6-22-3, which translates to a winning percentage of 0.25 (25%). Furthermore, I believe UC has NEVER qualified for the conference tournament. I believe 31 games is enough to draw some conclusions.

Lastly, the definition of mediocre is: me·di·o·cre/ˌmēdēˈōkər/Adjective: Of only moderate quality; not very good. Accordingly, I'll stand by my original statement.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: