Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-12-17, 10:56 AM
All District

spirit454 is on a distinguished road
It would be apparent that your team's home score table is not manned by intelligent individuals.
Old 09-12-17, 12:15 PM
Freshman

Snowman8 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriangleMan View Post
I can imagine a conversation like this at the scorer’s table.

Ok, the differential is 36, we’re in running-clock mode.

Team B just hit a three, now at 33, back to stop-the-clock mode.

Team A pushed it back to 36, back to running-clock mode.

What’s the score now? 64-25? What’s that spread?

Hold on, let me get my calculator out. I was never good at math.

And on, and on….
Haha. In Illinois if the score gets over 30 at any point in the 4th quarter, they just let it run for the rest of the game (aside from timeouts or injury stoppages). I doubt any team is gonna come back from down 35 in Ohio, so they might as well just go with Illinois' rule on this one.
Old 09-13-17, 07:03 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by farnsworth420 View Post
Not sure if this is also going hand in hand with the seeding, but a running clock will be instituted when a team is up 35 in the second half.
stupid....

let the kids play....
Old 09-14-17, 09:48 AM
Varsity

J.R. Swish is on a distinguished road
Anyone know when district information comes out for basketball? Should be pretty soon I would think.
Old 09-14-17, 02:13 PM
All Region

coachablekid is on a distinguished road
There is nothing wrong with how they do the district seeding goes. Over the years we have seen upsets and there is years where the district is just not good, and the number one seed rolls into the regional. Come on everybody, quit complaining just to be complaining. Talk about something else like when kids leave their district just to go play in another district because they got all the perks. Lets Talk about how suburbs and rural schools state grad card are D's and F's like the almighty Pickerington and Deleware. Shame, shame, shame!
Old 09-14-17, 02:39 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachablekid View Post
There is nothing wrong with how they do the district seeding goes. Over the years we have seen upsets and there is years where the district is just not good, and the number one seed rolls into the regional. Come on everybody, quit complaining just to be complaining. Talk about something else like when kids leave their district just to go play in another district because they got all the perks. Lets Talk about how suburbs and rural schools state grad card are D's and F's like the almighty Pickerington and Deleware. Shame, shame, shame!
Why would we talk about that on a basketball forum?
Old 09-14-17, 04:25 PM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachablekid View Post
Not sure if you even realize it but feedings are completely different all over the state. This thread I believe is mainly geared towards southwest , where there aren't any districts in the traditional sense of the word, meaning schools are assigned to a district that stays mainly the same from year to year. In SWO teams pick and choose where they want to play in almost the entire regional bracket come tournament time. I say almost because the region is broken into 8 sectionals, 5 Cincinnati and 3 Dayton I believe is the breakdown. Dayton schools must pick their spots in Dayton and Cincinnati in Cincinnati. But that's pretty much the only restrictions for the entire region. Outside of that it's basically a free for all.

This proposal would theoretically get rid of all that and establish a definitive structure to it all. That's why it's being discussed here.
Old 09-18-17, 11:24 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_Cat View Post
Not sure if you even realize it but feedings are completely different all over the state. This thread I believe is mainly geared towards southwest , where there aren't any districts in the traditional sense of the word, meaning schools are assigned to a district that stays mainly the same from year to year. In SWO teams pick and choose where they want to play in almost the entire regional bracket come tournament time. I say almost because the region is broken into 8 sectionals, 5 Cincinnati and 3 Dayton I believe is the breakdown. Dayton schools must pick their spots in Dayton and Cincinnati in Cincinnati. But that's pretty much the only restrictions for the entire region. Outside of that it's basically a free for all.

This proposal would theoretically get rid of all that and establish a definitive structure to it all. That's why it's being discussed here.
I get it! Columbus is not like that! I think it is like that in the Dayton and Cincinnati areas because there are so many high schools. DI in the Columbus region one team gets to the final four. You can pick what bracket you want to go in. In DII, there is only like 26 teams broke down into two Regionals. One goes to Dayton while the other goes to Athens. Nobody from Columbus has ever won the Dayton Regional so look at it as good thing. This is high school, the SWO should try it like the Columbus district. I am sure y'all see upset regardless how they do it.
Old 09-18-17, 11:28 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit454 View Post
Why would we talk about that on a basketball forum?
We should talk about it because these kids are not getting prepared for college to even play a college sport, which this form is basketball. Good luck with the seedings. In Columbus how they seed and pick which way to go is awesome!
Old 09-18-17, 12:33 PM
All District

That has nothing to do with a school's state "grad" card of D and F. What does Delaware's state grade card have to do with the basketball program?
Old 09-19-17, 01:54 PM
All Region

You right! Columbus don't have these problems as far as seeding goes in the district. Tough luck to your district and good luck!
Old 09-19-17, 08:10 PM
All District

You are clueless to the district I support. I would only say leave the seeding alone. Let the coaches decide.
Old 09-21-17, 06:50 AM
All Yappi

Termite2 is on a distinguished road
There isn't support in the SW District to change the way they do the seeding. It is people outside the district who want to change the way the seeding is done in the SW[or other districts that use that system] They don't like it and for some reason or other have a problem that those districts use it.

I don't understand the problem; seems to me that letting the schools decide in a district how to run their tournament is not only fair, but is reasonable. The score disparity argument is a red herring.