Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-08-17, 10:34 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Huber Heights Wayne 34 Clarkson North 21

Clarkson North coming off of a 31-6 road win against Cleveland Hts heads down south to play Huber Heights Wayne who is coming in at 1-1. It has been a long time since Wayne has lost a home game and the Warriors came out on fire. The Wayne defense forced a fumble and on Wayne's first offensive play McKee went deep to Smith for a 57 yard TD as Wayne took a 7-0 lead. The Wayne defense got it done again stopping Clarkson. Wayne's next drive they mixed up the run with Kinnel (who stepped in for the injured starting RB) and pass with McKee and Wayne marched down the field. Kinnel finished the drive with a 9 yard TD, 14-0 Wayne.

Clarkson could not get the run game going and Wayne put pressure on the QB forced another punt and once again the Wayne train was rolling. McKee found Victoria for a 7 yard TD connection, 21-0 Wayne. Wayne's 4th possession stalled at the 3 and the Warriors had to settle for a FG to go up 24-0. It looked like Wayne might put a running clock on Clarkson as they were driving again but a costly turnover led to a Clarkson score as Lewis hit Mardner for a 10 yard TD with seconds left.... 24-7 at the half.

Clarkson came out a different team in the 3rd as they made adjustments that caused Wayne fits on offense. Eventually though Wayne was able to move the chains and fight their way down field converting time after time and was rewarded on a 15 yard McKee run for TD, 31-7 Wayne. Clarkson would not go away though and a perfectly thrown pass to Mckoy splitting the Wayne defenders went the distance for 49 yards that cut Wayne's lead to 31-13 after 3.

Wayne scored first in the 4th settling for a 34 yard FG to go up 34-13. Clarkson was able to move the ball twice inside Wayne's 10 yard line but both times Wayne's defense kept them out of the end zone. Clarkson did score with seconds left during mop up as Watkins broke free on 4th down and went 63 yards deep into Wayne's territory and Clarkson scored on the next play on a Lewis to Mardner 9 yard pass with a few seconds left.... they converted the 2 making the final 34-21.

Total Yards: Wayne 436 Clarkson 371
Rushing: Wayne 115 Clarkson 134 (half of this on 1 play with seconds left in the game)
Passing: Wayne 321 Clarkson 237
Turnovers Wayne 3 Clarkson 4

Wayne QB McKee 25/39 321 2 TD 0 INT / 18 yards rushing 1 TD
Wayne RB Kinnel 10 for 43 1 TD 3 catches 21 yards
Wayne RB Walker 12 for 43
Wayne WR Smith 10 for 189 1 TD
Wayne WR Victoria 6 for 55 1 TD
Wayne WR Mullins 4 for 33
Wayne WR Turner 2 for 23

Wayne had too many turnovers and way too many penalties. The Wayne O-line fell apart in the 2nd half as Wayne did not adjust to Clarkson's pressure. Clarkson is a very good football team that would beat most GWOC schools. This team was BIG had two great receivers and above average duel threat QB. Their defense was quick but was not too great in pass defense.

Smith went off tonight and looked good. Hopefully the banged up players will be back for Miamisburg next Friday. Once again, Miamisburg will be undefeated going into the Wayne game. This might be the Burg's best chance of getting a win against Wayne but since the game is at Wayne it will be very difficult. Region 3 is a war this season and Wayne will need to get it done next Friday....
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-17, 11:44 PM
All Region

Killer Joe is on a distinguished road
Coach Minton is going to have his hands full trying to get this team to the playoffs. I knew that they were a young team, with a lot of starters graduating last year, but listening to them on the radio makes it seem like there are quite a few freshman/sophomores playing. Hopefully the team can come together here soon and start playing like a team, as there are way too may mental errors and penalties through the first 3 games. Not surprising though with so many new faces in the starting lineup.

Next week against Miamisburg is a critical game if they want to be in the post season in Region 3. The good thing is that Region 3 is GWOC top heavy right now and any win moving forward will get some quality points.

The next several weeks will define the season for this team...
Old 09-09-17, 06:33 AM
All Ohio

mexhot2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to mexhot2 Send a message via Yahoo to mexhot2
I love the Wayne Warriors. Have for years. But, real concerned this year.

Lines, on both sides of the ball, just seem to be getting pushed around. I'm not used to seeing that in a long time.

The DBs are not covering well. There were several times that the receiver for the other team was open...the QB just didn't hit him. If they don't tighten up and we run into a team with a good QB...it's going to be big trouble.

I sure hope I'm wrong. But, if this team doesn't make some quick fixes, I can see 3 to 4 losses this year. I agree with Killer Joe that Coach Minton is going to have a big job trying to get this team into the playoffs.

But, if anyone can find a way, it is Coach Minton.

GO WAYNE!!!!
Old 09-09-17, 08:03 AM
Proud Dad of a US Marine

Warrior78 is on a distinguished road
Huber Heights Wayne 34 Clarkson North 21

Wayne is still missing a key DL in Crain. I am hoping he will be back soon. Good win by the Warriors!!