Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-16-18, 08:06 AM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Their Coach is something else,gets a lot out of his players and is crazy hands on.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-18, 08:40 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Just watched Urban's interview on ESPN. I'm not sure who made the decision for him to do that, but they are an idiot. The smoke was just starting to clear and they allowed the flames to be fanned again.
Old 09-16-18, 09:00 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Just watched Urban's interview on ESPN. I'm not sure who made the decision for him to do that, but they are an idiot. The smoke was just starting to clear and they allowed the flames to be fanned again.
I think Urban wants to get it out of the way before Penn State. He knows his return will bring the story bubbling back to the top no matter what, so he wants to get his words out there now so he can ignore all the BS going forward. Once they beat up Tulane, most of the Urban stuff will have dried up and the media focus will be just on the huge game at Penn State.
Old 09-16-18, 09:14 AM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
That makes sense but we know it isn't going to work. It will come back when the audience is biggest. MAYBE if he does a Saban, calls out a reporter for not moving on, then apologizes later.
Old 09-16-18, 09:29 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
That story was being given its last rites and Urban stepped in and slapped the paddles on it. I don't think he realizes just how bad he comes off when he discusses that issue. He's obviously pissed and it comes through.
Old 09-16-18, 04:54 PM
All American

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
This is not going to die, It is Ohio State and as long as Urban is the coach it will be brought up time and time again year after year. Then after he is gone from OSU if his name is mentioned it will be brought up.
Old 09-16-18, 06:30 PM
All American

Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post
This is not going to die, It is Ohio State and as long as Urban is the coach it will be brought up time and time again year after year. Then after he is gone from OSU if his name is mentioned it will be brought up.
It will die. Most people don't really care about it.
Old 09-16-18, 06:41 PM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It will be just like every other lame excuse that the haters throw out for why OSU sucks.
Old 09-17-18, 08:57 AM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Domestic violence a lame excuse?? Nice...plain and simple, this was handled poorly by all involved, and the administration at Ohio State just cannot make themselves do the right thing because of the money Urban brings into the university. It's really sad what college sports has become.
Old 09-17-18, 09:02 AM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
My thoughts on Satuday night's game. Ohio State was a 14 point favorite and won by that amount. I wouldn't call this a convincing win. TCU gave the Buckeyes 14 points and the botched punt set up another...so 21 points was directly set up off TCU mistakes. Also remember that the first TD should had been a safety. How in the world is that play not reviewed?

I thought Ohio State could have just lined up and ran it at TCU and had as much or more success. Haskins throws the underneath ball well, but his deep ball and longer throws are not that good. TCU looked alot faster than Ohio State, especially on offense. Ohio State's linebacker and secondary are slow.
Old 09-17-18, 11:38 AM
All World

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
All the slogans and fancy posters touting respect for women mean nothing unless you actually believe and support women.

When we say we’ve been harassed. When we say we’ve been sexually assaulted. When we say we’ve been physically abused.

This is what Urban Meyer has gotten wrong from the start and, judging by his latest statements, still doesn’t get.

It’s clear, still, that Meyer doesn’t believe Courtney Smith. He has referenced her troubled marriage, spoken of his sorrow at what she and her children have gone through. But not once has he said he believes she was a victim of domestic violence.

Not once has he apologized for letting Zack Smith’s excuses outweigh the arrest report by the Gainesville police in 2009. Not once has he said he now knows he should have delved further into why a woman – young and pregnant with her first child at the time – might have decided not to press charges.

Meyer didn’t do any of this because he doesn’t believe Courtney Smith. He doesn’t respect Courtney Smith -- or any other woman, for that matter.

Telling your players to respect women is all well and good, but those are just words. It’s how you treat women when they are most vulnerable that shows whether you really do respect them or not, and Meyer continues to fail that test.

His lies at Big Ten Media Day – call them what they were because they most definitely were not a “misstatement” – and his sudden curiosity about how long text messages would be retained on his cell phone are troubling enough. This is a man whose sole priority is self-preservation, not doing the right thing.

But worse is that, despite what he claims, no one should have any confidence that Meyer would do anything different if presented with a similar scenario now.

Had he done even the most basic research on domestic violence, he would understand why Courtney Smith dropped charges against her husband. Why she stayed with him. Why their relationship would have seemed so volatile to outsiders. Why all of Zach Smith’s other “red flags” are part and parcel of what Courtney Smith alleged all those years ago.

Had he truly been shaken by this incident, as he professes, he would not have waited a month before uttering Courtney Smith’s name or taken days to apologize to her. He would have asked to meet with her and understand how he could have gotten it so horribly wrong so he doesn’t make the same mistake in the future.

But he didn’t do that. Didn’t do any of that.

Because Urban Meyer doesn’t really respect women. Not when it really matters.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...le/1334083002/
Old 09-17-18, 12:46 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Considering there's more evidence that Smith isn't a victim of abuse but is actual a crazy person, I find this narrative that Meyer doesn't believe her, and that we all must else we don't care about women, really hilarious.
Old 09-17-18, 01:25 PM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
We just had to hear what Finebaum had to say after each interview,WHY???
Old 09-17-18, 02:26 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
Oh, my. Nancy has issues. She is actually making a fool of herself. I'm guessing Urban has a better idea as to if abuse occurred, vs someone like Nancy who likely has not met any of these people. Liberals are so funny. Oh and which woman is he to believe? is her own mother not a woman?
Old 09-17-18, 02:28 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
My thoughts on Satuday night's game. Ohio State was a 14 point favorite and won by that amount. I wouldn't call this a convincing win. TCU gave the Buckeyes 14 points and the botched punt set up another...so 21 points was directly set up off TCU mistakes. Also remember that the first TD should had been a safety. How in the world is that play not reviewed?

I thought Ohio State could have just lined up and ran it at TCU and had as much or more success. Haskins throws the underneath ball well, but his deep ball and longer throws are not that good. TCU looked alot faster than Ohio State, especially on offense. Ohio State's linebacker and secondary are slow.
Wait, they gave us those points? I must have watched a different game. I'm sure Bosa and Jones would take exception to your assertion.
Old 09-17-18, 04:02 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
I actually agree that they should have lined up and rammed the ball more. They had a size advantage up front that didn't appear evident until later in the game when they were trying to burn some clock.

Defensively, the back 7 hasn't looked very good so far. It's definitely a big play defense. The front four will make big plays, and the back seven will give up big plays. Their defensive line will make up for a lot of deficiencies in the back seven this year.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-18, 05:01 PM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
I actually agree that they should have lined up and rammed the ball more. They had a size advantage up front that didn't appear evident until later in the game when they were trying to burn some clock.

Defensively, the back 7 hasn't looked very good so far. It's definitely a big play defense. The front four will make big plays, and the back seven will give up big plays. Their defensive line will make up for a lot of deficiencies in the back seven this year.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I think the CBs will be fine, the free Safety play and in particular the LBs are a real concern. Each LB has a strength but then again each has a big hole in their game so they are OK if they can situational substitute but when the other team plays in tempo like TCU at times they can get stuck and either run when thin Werner is in the game or pass over the middle against concrete foot Borland. I fully expect Penn State to go tempo and not sub; they will call plays based on the LB personnel on the field and attack this defensive aggressively.
Old 09-17-18, 07:12 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
14Red saying that Haskins struggles to throw longer routes. Another incredible take in a long and legendary line of them
Old 09-17-18, 11:43 PM
All World

Quote:
Domestic violence a lame excuse?? Nice...plain and simple, this was handled poorly by all involved, and the administration at Ohio State just cannot make themselves do the right thing because of the money Urban brings into the university. It's really sad what college sports has become.
What does domestic violence have to do with how the football team performs?
Old 09-17-18, 11:56 PM
All World

Quote:

So the first TD gets called a safety. OSU gets two points and the ball. So I assume you'll be taking that TD off the board that TCU scored on the drive after the defensive TD? You know, when they wouldn't have had the ball? Or do you just like cherry picking plays and making moronic comments like "if you take away 21 points that OSU scored, they don't win".
Old 09-18-18, 07:33 AM
All Ohio

m14brian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo View Post
We just had to hear what Finebaum had to say after each interview,WHY???

Because he is the anointed patron saint of Alabama. He gets to past judgment on all football programs except for Alabama because we all know Alabama is above reproach.
Old 09-18-18, 07:52 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by m14brian View Post
Because he is the anointed patron saint of Alabama. He gets to past judgment on all football programs except for Alabama because we all know Alabama is above reproach.
Yes and no. Yes, he generally is a Bama pimp and he definitely will take any opportunity to stick it to Urban, Ohio State and the B1G (in that order), but to be fair...he has taken on Saban and Bama several times about being too soft on discipline of players in trouble. Also, before Saban, he took major swipes at Bama during the Albert Means recruiting fiasco.
Old 09-18-18, 08:24 AM
All World

WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
It seems pretty clear, if you listen to Finebaum with any regularity, that he has some personal vendetta against Meyer. He's clearly not objective.
Old 09-19-18, 04:11 AM
All Yappi

Yellow_Jacket06 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Quote:
It will die eventually. Nobody mentions the Sandusky saga at PSU anymore and that was a far worse situation.
Old 09-19-18, 04:14 AM
All Yappi

Yellow_Jacket06 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Quote:

Get a load of this guy.

Haskins only had one bad ball and it was the under-thrown one to Victor who left his man in the dust with a Michael Thomas-esque stutter step. But even that was the result of pressure in his face and not being able to step into the throw.