Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-07-19, 08:07 PM
All Ohio

Vike16 is on a distinguished road
GMC: Way Too Early Predictions

We all know Colerain has run this conference for a while now. They did just have a coaching change, but still should be favored too win the GMC again until proven otherwise. It's way too early too make a concrete prediction but you can look at the each teams schedule.

Way too early predictions

1. Colerain - 8-2- They do have a tough schedule with a new head coach with Wayne and St. Xavier to start the season. Not saying they will start 0-2 and win the rest of the GMC games. This might be the year that someone from the GMC might have a chance to beat them in conference. But they are still king into proven they are not

2. Princeton 7-3- They have a very winnable non-conference schedule with a ton of talent. Coach Daniels has a lot too prove this year with a bunch of D1 seniors and somewhat favorable schedule, and this must be a playoff year easy

The rest is just a guess

3. Mason Playoffs
4. Fairfield- Playoffs
5. Lakota East- Maybe
6. Sycamore- Maybe
7. Hamilton- Out
8. Middletown - Out
9. Lakota West - Out
10. Oak Hills - Out
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-19, 08:08 PM
All Ohio

Just a way too early guess. Dont get mad at me lol
Old 03-08-19, 08:59 AM
All American

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vike16 View Post
Thanks for starting this up! Was getting jealous of the banter going on for other conferences!

Some random thoughts.....

This will definitely be the most intriguing/unknown season going in since 2007 for Colerain at least. Bolden kept the house that Coombs built at full strength for over a decade. Will the talent coming back and a new coaching staff be able to keep the run of GMC titles going? Tough two games out of the chute! I think I will have a better idea of what kind of season they will have after the first two weeks of the season. The cupboard isn't bare, but it's not stacked like last year, either. As it looks now, 3 of their first 4 games of the year could be the toughest, with Wayne, X and Princeton coming in the first month of play (with an Oak Hills game in there, too).

Fairfield will have one of the most sought after recruits to come out of the GMC in some time with McClain. What else do they have to surround him? I know there are some other D1 level players on the roster.

Will be interested to see what Bolden does at West. Year one will not tell the whole story but it will be interesting to see how well the players buy into him. I think that West has talented D1 level talent every year. How well can he get those players that are more average to elevate their game around them?

Princeton could have a strong year looking at who they have coming back. Still feel bad for the players who had nothing to do with the paperwork snafu last year costing them wins. Looks like a lot of big D1 prospects on the roster. They get Colerain at home, too!
Old 03-08-19, 10:44 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUcats82 View Post
Thanks for starting this up!

Princeton could have a strong year looking at who they have coming back. Still feel bad for the players who had nothing to do with the paperwork snafu last year costing them wins. Looks like a lot of big D1 prospects on the roster. They get Colerain at home, too!

That just sucked last year. But hopefully they hire a honest AD that will bring out the Princeton's school pride. I have been really disappointed in the support for all the sports teams outside of the Winton Woods basketball games
Old 03-08-19, 11:58 AM
Freshman

22222 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That just sucked last year. But hopefully they hire a honest AD that will bring out the Princeton's school pride. I have been really disappointed in the support for all the sports teams outside of the Winton Woods basketball games
I Use to go to a lot of the games but after what happen in the fall i stop going, it was the final straw . i do think they will be better off this year then last , i think they found a QB whose arm was better and stronger then the starter , big bruiser running back will be back ,ton of talent on defense. would love to see Henry go both ways as a tight end . just my thoughts
coming from a former vike who has a ring
Old 03-08-19, 01:19 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22222 View Post
I Use to go to a lot of the games but after what happen in the fall i stop going, it was the final straw . i do think they will be better off this year then last , i think they found a QB whose arm was better and stronger then the starter , big bruiser running back will be back ,ton of talent on defense. would love to see Henry go both ways as a tight end . just my thoughts
coming from a former vike who has a ring

I think the Vikes finish top 3 in the GMC and playoffs barring any type of scandal or major injuries
Old 03-08-19, 01:55 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
I don't see a scenario where West finishes behind Middletown and Hamilton.
Old 03-08-19, 02:14 PM
All Ohio

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Here we go with the annual Vikings Hype Machine. I don't get it. For over a decade, we keep hearing about how amazing Princeton is going to be, still hasn't happened. I don't see them in the top 3, and would be shocked if they are in the top half. The league is too competitive and too many coaches better than Daniels. I mean in the last 10 seasons, they have finished #5 twice.... in 11, and 09. That's a whole lot of bad, and we think all of the sudden they are going to be top 3? Last time they were top 3 was in 07... I don't see top 3 with Colerain, Fairfield, Mason, Sycamore, and even Lakota East. Who knows, maybe Bolden turns West into World Beaters (I don't think so personally, but you never know). I struggle to see Princeton in the top half, let alone top 3.

I think the annual Hype around Princeton is a lot of the problem with the program. Every year we hear about how amazing it's going to be. We hear about all the D1 recruits. We hear about finally turning the corner and to "look out." We hear about how the numbers have increased, how hard they are working in the weight room, etc. Then they win a few games early, the team feeds into the hype and then the wheels come off as soon as things get hard, they find out they aren't as good as the hype. Maybe those in Viking nation should just lay low and stop all the chatter and let their actions do the talking. Just a thought.
Old 03-08-19, 02:32 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincifbfan View Post
Here we go with the annual Vikings Hype Machine. I don't get it. For over a decade, we keep hearing about how amazing Princeton is going to be, still hasn't happened. I don't see them in the top 3, and would be shocked if they are in the top half. The league is too competitive and too many coaches better than Daniels. I mean in the last 10 seasons, they have finished #5 twice.... in 11, and 09. That's a whole lot of bad, and we think all of the sudden they are going to be top 3? Last time they were top 3 was in 07... I don't see top 3 with Colerain, Fairfield, Mason, Sycamore, and even Lakota East. Who knows, maybe Bolden turns West into World Beaters (I don't think so personally, but you never know). I struggle to see Princeton in the top half, let alone top 3.

I think the annual Hype around Princeton is a lot of the problem with the program. Every year we hear about how amazing it's going to be. We hear about all the D1 recruits. We hear about finally turning the corner and to "look out." We hear about how the numbers have increased, how hard they are working in the weight room, etc. Then they win a few games early, the team feeds into the hype and then the wheels come off as soon as things get hard, they find out they aren't as good as the hype. Maybe those in Viking nation should just lay low and stop all the chatter and let their actions do the talking. Just a thought.

There is no fun in that. What's wrong with being hyped about your team lol

Somebody is butthurt about something smdh

I even said that Daniels must get to the playoffs this year or he will be on a hotseat
Old 03-08-19, 02:34 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I guess this flow passed everyone lmao
Old 03-08-19, 04:33 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
There is no fun in that. What's wrong with being hyped about your team lol

Somebody is butthurt about something smdh

I even said that Daniels must get to the playoffs this year or he will be on a hotseat
Nobody is butthurt whatsoever, I just don't understand how everyone is so high on Princeton every year. Putting Daniels on the hot seat won't solve anything and will probably set the program back another decade. He is progressing the program about what I could expect him too, but Viking faithful are delusional about how good they are every year.

What is their schedule this upcoming year?
Old 03-08-19, 09:34 PM
All District

Vinegar is on a distinguished road
I think Lakota West finishes in 2nd place. Gonna be fun to watch!
Old 03-08-19, 09:44 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Nobody is butthurt whatsoever, I just don't understand how everyone is so high on Princeton every year. Putting Daniels on the hot seat won't solve anything and will probably set the program back another decade. He is progressing the program about what I could expect him too, but Viking faithful are delusional about how good they are every year.

What is their schedule this upcoming year?
Delusional lol. I had Princeton going 6-4 or 5-5 last year before the season. They were on a good pace until the AD messed up the whole season. Yes I think they could finish top 3 this year and that is not crazy. They have very winnable non-conference schedule with Milford and Withrow. Then at Sycamore, home Colerain, at Lakota East, at Middletown, home Fairfield, at Oak Hills, home Lakota West, then home Mason. I'm not sold on Daniels and his coaching staff, but if they are going to improve and make some noise it should be this year imho. Playoffs is a must or people will be calling for his job. With this schedule 6-4 at worst
Old 03-09-19, 07:47 AM
Freshman

7-3/8-2 Is not out of reach for the VIKINGS , we are proud of our past and when Princeton is on there game it makes Cincinnati football that much better. i agree with Daniels is on the hot seat, that he created when he called the A.D and said im ready to come home and then saying raise your Hand if you hate COLERAIN . Things he needs to clean up is his coaching staff celebrations , and better offensive production. just remember THE VIKES have more state Championships then 99.9% teams in this city .
Old 03-09-19, 11:05 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Delusional lol. I had Princeton going 6-4 or 5-5 last year before the season. They were on a good pace until the AD messed up the whole season. Yes I think they could finish top 3 this year and that is not crazy. They have very winnable non-conference schedule with Milford and Withrow. Then at Sycamore, home Colerain, at Lakota East, at Middletown, home Fairfield, at Oak Hills, home Lakota West, then home Mason. I'm not sold on Daniels and his coaching staff, but if they are going to improve and make some noise it should be this year imho. Playoffs is a must or people will be calling for his job. With this schedule 6-4 at worst
I think 6-4 is absolute best scenario.

Milford.... toss up.... Grippa & staff could out-coach and win that game

Withrow.... Easy win, that place is a dumpster fire currently

Sycamore.... Aves win due to one of the best coaching staffs in the area... Dattilo & crew don't get nearly enough credit.

Colerain... Loss, it's Colerain, enough said

Lakota East.... Toss up, probably an L...... 2 Triple teams in a row, tough to overcome. Haynes and crew again very under-rated as a staff.

Middletown... Win... another dumpster fire

Fairfield... Loss..... Too much talent on the lines every year for the Indians

Oak Hills... Win.... Princeton has too much talent in the skill positions. The staff at Oak Hills does a nice job, but they have little to nothing to work with.

Lakota West....Toss up because of 3 coaches in 3 years, but leaning towards L because of Bolden. I think he will simply out-coach Daniels and be 5 steps ahead of him the entire game.

Mason ..... Loss.... Mason has had lots of success in recent years in the GMC. They always seem to peek at the end of the season at the right time too.

I see 3-7 to 5-5 at best.

I'm not sold on Daniels either, but firing him would be beyond disastrous for the Vikings, they need a coach to actually be there over 5 years to have an impact. Once again, not buying the hype. I'll eat crow if wrong, but there is nothing in recent history that leads me to believe the Vikes are anywhere close to having a winning record, let alone playoffs.
Old 03-09-19, 05:03 PM
Freshman

Quote:
I think 6-4 is absolute best scenario.

Milford.... toss up.... Grippa & staff could out-coach and win that game

Withrow.... Easy win, that place is a dumpster fire currently

Sycamore.... Aves win due to one of the best coaching staffs in the area... Dattilo & crew don't get nearly enough credit.

Colerain... Loss, it's Colerain, enough said

Lakota East.... Toss up, probably an L...... 2 Triple teams in a row, tough to overcome. Haynes and crew again very under-rated as a staff.

Middletown... Win... another dumpster fire

Fairfield... Loss..... Too much talent on the lines every year for the Indians

Oak Hills... Win.... Princeton has too much talent in the skill positions. The staff at Oak Hills does a nice job, but they have little to nothing to work with.

Lakota West....Toss up because of 3 coaches in 3 years, but leaning towards L because of Bolden. I think he will simply out-coach Daniels and be 5 steps ahead of him the entire game.

Mason ..... Loss.... Mason has had lots of success in recent years in the GMC. They always seem to peek at the end of the season at the right time too.

I see 3-7 to 5-5 at best.

I'm not sold on Daniels either, but firing him would be beyond disastrous for the Vikings, they need a coach to actually be there over 5 years to have an impact. Once again, not buying the hype. I'll eat crow if wrong, but there is nothing in recent history that leads me to believe the Vikes are anywhere close to having a winning record, let alone playoffs.
1- WIN Milford didnt know what hit them this past year
2 Win enough said
3 Win numbers way down in Blue ash
4 lost but would not be surprise of late game upset
5 win not impressed at all by Haynes and his crew
6 win close games we are still there Superbowl
7 toss up clean up first half mistakes this past year might a pulled a shocker.
8 win
9 win Bolden just there for the paycheck
10 toss up Mason is ok but if we have a chance at 8-2 or 9-1 Mason dont stand a chance .

im sold on the QB,RB,WR that returns will need help on O line , defense on paper is scary up for them to produce.
Old 03-09-19, 07:00 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
2 Win enough said
8 win
10 toss up Mason is ok but if we have a chance at 8-2 or 9-1 Mason dont stand a chance .

im sold on the QB,RB,WR that returns will need help on O line , defense on paper is scary up for them to produce.
Few observations.....

Numbers may be down in Blue Ash, Dattilo still finds a way to win just about every year. I don't ever count them out.

Another thing I don't understand is why the hate on Haynes. You are not the only one. The guy has been to playoffs 3x in 9 years and won first round games every time! When's the last time Princeton was getting in the playoffs every 3 years? Been a while.... last time they won a playoff game was 2001 with Daniels as the one man show on offense. The Haynes method may not be sexy or exciting, but he wins. Who can argue with making playoffs that often as a D-1 public school not named Colerain in SW OH?
Old 03-10-19, 08:18 AM
Freshman

just remember history shows when Princeton makes they playoffs they have a better chance of winning more then 1 games , 2001 they should of beat St X that year with a 1 man show . 2 dropped touchdown passes in the 4th quarter , lost 6-0 . this City dont realize how close Princeton was to having a dynasty in Ohio . ST champs in 87 runner up 89-90 .if the school would of made the right hire after Mancuso retired ( as in stayed in house) we still be Princeton of the 80-and 90s .
Old 03-10-19, 08:21 AM
Freshman

on a side note i see Carlos Hyde signed yesterday with Kansas city . lot of people dont know the Carlos Hyde and Spencer Ware was in the same backfield in 8TH grade at Princeton . now that would of been scary
Old 03-10-19, 08:29 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
2 Win enough said
8 win

Solid hot take. Your optimism is admirable.
Old 03-10-19, 04:58 PM
All American

cardinalsin is on a distinguished road
Is everyone thinking West runs the triple? I don't. His son is probably a QB and a freshman. I'm guessing he runs something that includes passing the ball more. But you never know, could be Colerain 2.0 for all I know.
Old 03-11-19, 07:30 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalsin View Post
Is everyone thinking West runs the triple? I don't. His son is probably a QB and a freshman. I'm guessing he runs something that includes passing the ball more. But you never know, could be Colerain 2.0 for all I know.
Could be possible. However I think that the history of success and tradition that comes with Colerain and the triple contributed heavily to his decision to continue running that offense. West doesn't have such a consideration so he will likely use whatever offense will be most successful with the players on the roster. If his son is built like every other Bolden who has come through Colerain's program he would probably be more of a passing than running threat at QB for West.
Old 03-11-19, 08:42 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Could be possible. However I think that the history of success and tradition that comes with Colerain and the triple contributed heavily to his decision to continue running that offense. West doesn't have such a consideration so he will likely use whatever offense will be most successful with the players on the roster. If his son is built like every other Bolden who has come through Colerain's program he would probably be more of a passing than running threat at QB for West.
I agree with what you are saying regarding the Triple. It will be extremely interesting to see if he sticks with the Triple because of all of his success as a coach has come from running the Triple. I also agree to create your offense to fit your players. But, didn't Bolden say he was sticking with the 50 slant defense? What if he doesn't have the players? That defense puts tons of pressure on your DBs and to lesser extent your ILBs. Why is he sold on that defense if it doesn't benefit the players? Maybe he changes the defense, who knows.

If Bolden changes the offense, and theoretically the offense struggles, does he revert to going back to the Triple? If he sticks with the Option, will the people in West Chester lose their minds? The Option takes a long time to get right and there could be some big growing pains if it is implemented.

Time will tell, but I do think the next few years will define Bolden's career as a coach and his legacy.
Old 03-11-19, 10:58 AM
Freshman

Soul Provider is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Spot on! Loose lips sinks ships! Fly under the radar, stay off the social media (COACHES), quit with the, "I'm blessed" offers on social media and just play!

After last year's disaster season, Viking Nation needs to keep it's nose clean, just play football and stay away from the headlines while not reading or creating them in a negative way!

Last edited by Soul Provider; 03-11-19 at 11:08 AM.
Old 03-11-19, 11:39 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Provider View Post
Spot on! Loose lips sinks ships! Fly under the radar, stay off the social media (COACHES), quit with the, "I'm blessed" offers on social media and just play!

After last year's disaster season, Viking Nation needs to keep it's nose clean, just play football and stay away from the headlines while not reading or creating them in a negative way!
Or, at least if you are going to tweet about an offer, be more creative than "I am blessed to share that I am going to continue my academic and athletic career at ___________." Too much copy and paste-show some doggone creativity!
Old 03-11-19, 12:17 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Or, at least if you are going to tweet about an offer, be more creative than "I am blessed to share that I am going to continue my academic and athletic career at ___________." Too much copy and paste-show some doggone creativity!
I don't want to hear about offers or signing day. It's meaningless. I want published, who actually went. Schools make offers to lots of players who don't even qualify for NCAA. Then the kid thinks he has a full ride, when he doesn't even qualify for the offer. All the player did was sign a useless piece of paper.

Tell me in the fall of next year, who actually went, and is playing/on the team.
Old 03-11-19, 03:27 PM
All Ohio

Quote:

You ain't going keep talking about my school lol. Naw I'm playing

This is why I think Mike Daniels needs to make a splash this year. He has the talent with a favorable non-conference schedule and Bolden is starting over at West. But I agree with all the big talk and finish 3-7(scandal) doesn't look good. Cincifbfan this is why I think if they don't make the playoffs this year, VikeNation will be calling for his head in 2020. I agree they have to beat a Colerain, Fairfield, or a Mason because they dominate the Vikes every year. The coach with the most too prove in the GMC is Daniels by a mile
Old 03-12-19, 10:13 AM
Freshman

Soul Provider is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You ain't going keep talking about my school lol. Naw I'm playing

This is why I think Mike Daniels needs to make a splash this year. He has the talent with a favorable non-conference schedule and Bolden is starting over at West. But I agree with all the big talk and finish 3-7(scandal) doesn't look good. Cincifbfan this is why I think if they don't make the playoffs this year, VikeNation will be calling for his head in 2020. I agree they have to beat a Colerain, Fairfield, or a Mason because they dominate the Vikes every year. The coach with the most too prove in the GMC is Daniels by a mile
I agree, he has much to prove. The question is will he be given a pass since he is a product of Princeton and considered a Viking legend? In other words, how long does he get a free pass to not produce and sit on the talent he has? Totally underachieved last year from week to week in terms of preparation, probably due to distractions. When you look at it, they played Milford at the perfect time in week 1 and would not have won the game any other time they played as Grippa had them firing on all cylinders during the middle of the year until the end of the season. Also got a major gift against East last year as the Hawks were ROBBED by some horrible officiating which led to the one in a million hail mary, lost to a bad West team, and they barely beat a bad Hamilton at home. Say what you want, but what have they done with the talent they have? I don't think his teams are coached up for the grind of a season very well.

Last edited by Soul Provider; 03-13-19 at 06:22 AM.
Old 03-13-19, 07:41 AM
Freshman

GCLFanboy1972 is on a distinguished road
IMHO, I expect Princeton to make some noise this year. A LOT of talent coming back, Colerain expected to be reeling, and LW under a first year coach (although proven). Sometimes those culture changes take longer than just a year, regardless of how good the coach is. I don't expect LW to win NOW, but I wouldn't be shocked if they did.
Old 03-13-19, 08:54 AM
Freshman

Quote:
I agree, he has much to prove. The question is will he be given a pass since he is a product of Princeton and considered a Viking legend? In other words, how long does he get a free pass to not produce and sit on the talent he has? Totally underachieved last year from week to week in terms of preparation, probably due to distractions. When you look at it, they played Milford at the perfect time in week 1 and would not have won the game any other time they played as Grippa had them firing on all cylinders during the middle of the year until the end of the season. Also got a major gift against East last year as the Hawks were ROBBED by some horrible officiating which led to the one in a million hail mary, lost to a bad West team, and they barely beat a bad Hamilton at home. Say what you want, but what have they done with the talent they have? I don't think his teams are coached up for the grind of a season very well.
not at all they let LEACH stick around for 10 years along with Miltenburg . so no pass has been given if you compare him to the others .