Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 02-16-19, 04:20 PM
joesports joesports is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Posts: 2,843
joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
If youíre a business, itís definitely worth spending the money to clear your name versus opening up the door for others to treat you like an atm. You can bet they didnít want to go to court on this for a reason.

And they didnít settle on $1m, likely a multiple of that x50 at least.
You may be right ... if so, the NFL is a lot dumber than I thought
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #32  
Old 02-16-19, 05:32 PM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 11,679
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
You may be right ... if so, the NFL is a lot dumber than I thought
Maybe they knew something we didn't?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-16-19, 06:29 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,846
eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
There's an old axiom in the legal worked that "nobody's ever happy with a good settlement." It's because each side has to give up something.

I suspect the NFL saw some exposure and were concerned with the continuing ongoing bad press while Kaep and Reid saw some uncertainty in their case along with the NFL's unlimited resources to fight them. While the settlement is confidential, something will sneak out at some point.
While I’m sure he gave up something, if Kaep got the rumored $60m, I would have to think he’s pretty satisfied. I wonder what he tipped his caddy.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-16-19, 07:34 PM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 11,679
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
While Iím sure he gave up something, if Kaep got the rumored $60m, I would have to think heís pretty satisfied. I wonder what he tipped his caddy.
Between that, the Nike money and the money he'll make from appearances he'll live a very good life for a guy who was a mediocre QB. In time, his legend will grow. That's the way our world is. He'll be a combo of Curt Flood and Muhammad Ali by the time they're done.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-16-19, 08:04 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 34,011
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Cabez you really think Reid getting drug tested that much was a coincidence? This isn't trolling. This 100% my opinion, they were looking to silence Reid. The Kap thing is a separate issue and my comment you quoted was in regards to Reid, not Kap

I dont blame them, i would try to silence Reid as well. One bad test is all it would take.
I missed this before. Here's an honest response.

I actually know a guy that, in the space of one year, got tapped 4 times for a random in between the annual scheduled tests. If you knew the guy, you'd know it couldn't be more clear that he wasn't doing drugs, so no one was "fishing" for a hot sample.

I have no doubt that the NFL's drug program is administered by a third party. If an NFL employee submitted suspicion-based requests for the testing of an individual, that would certainly be easily recognized and identified as such. I would imagine that the agreement with the players would spell this out if it was within the management's rights, and if it was not, it would take a fool to overstep. The NFL certainly would have found out very early, and would have made efforts immediately to separate the two cases.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-16-19, 08:16 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 34,011
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Maybe, maybe not, but he likely could have embarrassed them considerably in the discovery process. They settled because they would have been exposed by how they treated him as a free agent. I do know completely innocent entities donít settle if they did everything above board. Only a fool believes that.
No one is completely innocent, but it's pretty clear to anyone that's being honest that he didn't have the chops to back up his salary demands. He got worse every year, and I'm sure that the SF front office nearly pizzed themselves laughing when he opted out of $14.5 million guaranteed.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-16-19, 09:35 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,846
eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
No one is completely innocent, but it's pretty clear to anyone that's being honest that he didn't have the chops to back up his salary demands. He got worse every year, and I'm sure that the SF front office nearly pizzed themselves laughing when he opted out of $14.5 million guaranteed.
Except we donít know what his demands were and how that might have evolved. And it appears he is getting the last laugh with the settlement and Nike endorsement.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-16-19, 10:43 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 34,011
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
While I’m sure he gave up something, if Kaep got the rumored $60m, I would have to think he’s pretty satisfied. I wonder what he tipped his caddy.
This caddy likely took 40% of what was left after his expenses were paid.


Kaepernick wasn't quite done kneeling yet after all, but even paying these caddies he's still mile$ ahead of anywhere he could ever be if he was actually playing football. He couldn't beat most DCs one at a time anymore, but then some of the news media and the moron Twitterverse helped him get over on the whole league at once.

I'm glad that those shot by cops died for such a good cause.

Last edited by cabezadecaballo; 02-17-19 at 03:44 PM.. Reason: n
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-16-19, 10:44 PM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Irish Buffalo's head
Posts: 6,409
Arrogate will become famous soon enough
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.si....m-drug-testing

I think Reid had a better case than Kap and this is a big reason why they settled. Stats dont lie. 6 times in 11 weeks. Like the article and you stated it isnt impossible but highly improbable. Highly improbable is an understatement. Bc of this I tend to think Reid had a legit argument and beef with the nfl, politics aside.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02-16-19, 10:47 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 34,011
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Except we don’t know what his demands were and how that might have evolved. And it appears he is getting the last laugh with the settlement and Nike endorsement.
He did laugh last. They ran a great game, and I'm sure if he's honest he'd say his lawyers earned every penny. God knows he wasn't worth half of whatever he ended up with in hush money even if he had dressed for every week since he stopped playing.


The Nike endorsement is more a sad indictment of American youth culture than anything else.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 02-16-19, 10:49 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 34,011
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.si....m-drug-testing

I think Reid had a better case than Kap and this is a big reason why they settled. Stats dont lie. 6 times in 11 weeks. If you dont think that is fishy then i dont know what else to say

Reid had a far better case IMO.
But little publicity.

as I said pages back - together, the total was likely greater than the sum of the parts
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-17-19, 06:48 AM
Raymo Raymo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-30-09
Location: PRO FOOTBALL HOF CITY
Posts: 5,779
Raymo is on a distinguished road
Don't know or care about Reid but Kap is a phony and real of a jem role model for today's youth to see what he has accomplished.Looks nice too with that hairdo...BAM!
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-17-19, 11:14 AM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Irish Buffalo's head
Posts: 6,409
Arrogate will become famous soon enough
I find it funny he bothers you and other so much. Love the hairdo comment, cant hide the prejudice!
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-17-19, 12:21 PM
ronnie mund ronnie mund is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-13
Posts: 8,125
ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
a sad indictment of American youth culture than anything else.
Said every out-of-touch old person ever.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-17-19, 12:35 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,846
eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
So triggered Kaep prevailed.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-17-19, 03:45 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 34,011
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo View Post
Don't know or care about Reid but Kap is a phony and real of a jem role model for today's youth to see what he has accomplished.Looks nice too with that hairdo...BAM!
hairdo is cool

Kaep is a d00sh
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-17-19, 03:46 PM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 8,488
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
No one is completely innocent, but it's pretty clear to anyone that's being honest that he didn't have the chops to back up his salary demands. He got worse every year, and I'm sure that the SF front office nearly pizzed themselves laughing when he opted out of $14.5 million guaranteed.
He presumed the NFL owners wouldn't collude against him and figured he would get another job.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-17-19, 03:49 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 34,011
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
Said every out-of-touch old person ever.
This^ is why they used to say that children should be seen and not heard.

It's not your fault that you haven't even had a chance to do much living yet, but you really should observe for a while, so you have more to base your observations upon.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-17-19, 03:58 PM
ronnie mund ronnie mund is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-13
Posts: 8,125
ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Lol ok weirdo.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-17-19, 04:07 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 34,011
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
He presumed the NFL owners wouldn't collude against him and figured he would get another job.
Look, I know that this is difficult for you to understand. Let's take a different approach.

Just because 32 personnel departments with the same salary cap assembling teams to play the same game weigh the same player against his salary demands independently and reach the same conclusion - No, thanks - doesn't mean that they are colluding against him. It may look like collusion if one doesn't have a firm grasp of the situation, but it's not.

Say you have 10 different major landscaping companies working in Charlotte, and ronnie (or his agent, e_p) goes to all of them and says, "I am the best mulch spreader you have ever seen. I run with that wheel barrow all day, and I'm little, so I can get around all those bushes better than anyone. You should pay me $30/hr.". Just because they all say, "Great, Thanks, but no thanks." doesn't mean that they have colluded against ronnie. It just means they are all playing the same game, have the same needs, and value the talent the same way. See, now ?


I hope this helps
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 02-17-19, 04:09 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 34,011
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
so triggered kaep prevailed.
ok
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 02-17-19, 05:59 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,846
eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Look, I know that this is difficult for you to understand. Let's take a different approach.

Just because 32 personnel departments with the same salary cap assembling teams to play the same game weigh the same player against his salary demands independently and reach the same conclusion - No, thanks - doesn't mean that they are colluding against him. It may look like collusion if one doesn't have a firm grasp of the situation, but it's not.

Say you have 10 different major landscaping companies working in Charlotte, and ronnie (or his agent, e_p) goes to all of them and says, "I am the best mulch spreader you have ever seen. I run with that wheel barrow all day, and I'm little, so I can get around all those bushes better than anyone. You should pay me $30/hr.". Just because they all say, "Great, Thanks, but no thanks." doesn't mean that they have colluded against ronnie. It just means they are all playing the same game, have the same needs, and value the talent the same way. See, now ?


I hope this helps
The $60 to $80m they paid them says you are wrong. Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 02-17-19, 06:24 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 34,011
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
The $60 to $80m they paid them says you are wrong. Hope that helps.
You, obviously, are another one that doesn't understand what happened here. I can't help everyone.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 02-17-19, 06:25 PM
Raider6309 Raider6309 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-12-15
Location: Athens
Posts: 2,420
Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Kap is living the American dream. Getting paid to not work
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 02-17-19, 08:26 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,846
eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
You, obviously, are another one that doesn't understand what happened here. I can't help everyone.
What happened here is you made up a scenario and are upset no one believes it here. The nfl isnít handing Kaep $60-$80m just to go away.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 02-18-19, 02:36 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 34,011
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
What happened here is you made up a scenario and are upset no one believes it here. The nfl isnít handing Kaep $60-$80m just to go away.
You really struggle with this. You've been characterized by some in here as one with some personal business successes, but it must have been small business. It could not be more clear that the larger scale presented by the business of the NFL is beyond your grasp. But whatever. Let's focus on the thread instead of your personal shortcomings.

First of all, you have no idea what the settlement is. None at all. Secondly, Kaep is only getting what his lawyers say he is getting - whether it is annuitized or in a lump sum - after they take their expenses and their cut. (Like the salesman, the attorney is the first pig at the trough. ) Third, they are not just paying for Kaep to go away. With this settlement, the NFL is not only silencing Reid, too, but is keeping the entire National Anthem kneeling issue at bay.

This is exactly what the settlement bought. If you can't understand that these things are worth stiff eight figure sums, that's OK. Your failures do not make me incorrect.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 02-18-19, 02:55 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,846
eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
You really struggle with this. You've been characterized by some in here as one with some personal business successes, but it must have been small business. It could not be more clear that the larger scale presented by the business of the NFL is beyond your grasp. But whatever. Let's focus on the thread instead of your personal shortcomings.

First of all, you have no idea what the settlement is. None at all. Secondly, Kaep is only getting what his lawyers say he is getting - whether it is annuitized or in a lump sum - after they take their expenses and their cut. (Like the salesman, the attorney is the first pig at the trough. ) Third, they are not just paying for Kaep to go away. With this settlement, the NFL is not only silencing Reid, too, but is keeping the entire National Anthem kneeling issue at bay.

This is exactly what the settlement bought. If you can't understand that these things are worth stiff eight figure sums, that's OK. Your failures do not make me incorrect.
So I have a reputation of some business success and you have the reputation of being a weirdo, who cares?

Yeah, cause the kneeling was such a huge issue lately. Ratings were up, Kaep was essentially a footnote. With a trial and discovery, the nfl obviously knew the risk of exposure and bringing back that black cloud would be an enormous business mistake, so they paid Kaep, a lot. If there was nothing to fear, no risk, the nfl would fight this tooth and nail like it always does in court.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 02-18-19, 03:39 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 34,011
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
So I have a reputation of some business success and you have the reputation of being a weirdo, who cares?
Any success was likely fake. The weirdo rep certainly is. You and your stooges seem to have fun with it though, like Ted in a trailer. ha ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Yeah, cause the kneeling was such a huge issue lately. Ratings were up, Kaep was essentially a footnote. With a trial and discovery, the nfl obviously knew the risk of exposure and bringing back that black cloud would be an enormous business mistake, so they paid Kaep, a lot. If there was nothing to fear, no risk, the nfl would fight this tooth and nail like it always does in court.
Thanks for supporting my point. Your spin of the facts fails, though.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 02-18-19, 03:44 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,846
eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Any success was likely fake. The weirdo rep certainly is. You and your stooges seem to have fun with it though, like Ted in a trailer. ha ha



Thanks for supporting my point. Your spin of the facts fails, though.
Well, successful enough that I didn’t need to homeschool my kids, but again, whatever.

Your point was the nfl settled because they didn’t want to risk exposure of their internal communications on the Kaep matter in a trial that would likely cost them more? Okay.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 02-18-19, 09:08 PM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 8,488
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
look, i know that this is difficult for you to understand. Let's take a different approach.

Just because 32 personnel departments with the same salary cap assembling teams to play the same game weigh the same player against his salary demands independently and reach the same conclusion - no, thanks - doesn't mean that they are colluding against him. It may look like collusion if one doesn't have a firm grasp of the situation, but it's not.

Say you have 10 different major landscaping companies working in charlotte, and ronnie (or his agent, e_p) goes to all of them and says, "i am the best mulch spreader you have ever seen. I run with that wheel barrow all day, and i'm little, so i can get around all those bushes better than anyone. You should pay me $30/hr.". Just because they all say, "great, thanks, but no thanks." doesn't mean that they have colluded against ronnie. It just means they are all playing the same game, have the same needs, and value the talent the same way. See, now ?


I hope this helps
tl;dr.

Fact remains, he and Reid got blackballed by the league. CK was most def good enough to be on a team and this huge settlement proves that the league knows those two got hosed.

Just because your racists nature cannot see it doesn't mean it didnt happen.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
America's top 10 h.s. Football teams of all-time JJBulldog Football 399 01-11-19 12:58 AM
LeBron James rips NFL owners as 'old white men' with 'slave mentality' Yappi Debate Forum 74 12-27-18 07:12 PM
MSNBC Host Joy Reid Apologizes For Homophobic Remarks, Admits No Evidence Of Hacking Yappi Debate Forum 6 04-29-18 06:07 PM
My 2017 All-Ohio NFL Team Worm02 Football 21 01-08-18 01:24 AM
Seven Glenville grads currently in the NFL SVillegrad Football 23 11-08-17 11:22 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz