Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 03-11-19, 12:15 PM
Football 101 Football 101 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-20-10
Posts: 1,267
Football 101 is on a distinguished road
I have known Coach Tsilimos for many years

for all I have known him he is a good man who put in many years of service.
for there to be any jeer of career decisions is foolish.
He has not jumped around alot and gave Lisbon many years of good football.

I think he has a right to pursue his career as he sees fit and if he wants to step up in divisions and take a run at it then good for him.

Too many people so ready to just hate for no good reason
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 03-11-19, 12:40 PM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Location: In a Negley cornfield
Posts: 2,624
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
I have known Coach Tsilimos for many years

for all I have known him he is a good man who put in many years of service.
for there to be any jeer of career decisions is foolish.
He has not jumped around alot and gave Lisbon many years of good football.

I think he has a right to pursue his career as he sees fit and if he wants to step up in divisions and take a run at it then good for him.

Too many people so ready to just hate for no good reason
Too many know what he did at Lisbon. Twice! He could have stayed both times, yet chose not to. Enough, good luck to him, but if Lisbon finds a good team coming up, I lay odds he'll be back.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 03-11-19, 01:30 PM
boomer24 boomer24 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-15-15
Posts: 620
boomer24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog1974 View Post
Too many know what he did at Lisbon. Twice! He could have stayed both times, yet chose not to. Enough, good luck to him, but if Lisbon finds a good team coming up, I lay odds he'll be back.
Give it up...I don't think you'll find many from Lisbon who feel like you do.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 03-11-19, 01:37 PM
Football 101 Football 101 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-20-10
Posts: 1,267
Football 101 is on a distinguished road
coaches have one year contracts
spend more hours coaching and working on game plans then they get paid for.

If he left and they hired him back and 74 suggests they will hire him again then that tells me he must be worth it and does a good job. Not his fault they vote to hire him.

Schools can decide to nonrenew a coach year to year, so if a coach pursues better pay, or a better situation, or less of a teaching day....then how can one blame anyone to try to elevate within their said profession.

sounds a bit personal to jeer a coach that doesn't even serve the district a jeerer reps
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 03-11-19, 02:28 PM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Location: In a Negley cornfield
Posts: 2,624
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer24 View Post
Give it up...I don't think you'll find many from Lisbon who feel like you do.
Well, why didn't he stay then?
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 03-12-19, 06:53 AM
Buckeye96 Buckeye96 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 03-15-15
Posts: 223
Buckeye96 is on a distinguished road
Very humorous to read those who are unfairly blaming a coach for leaving a program when " the cupboard is bare" and moving on to another one. The problem here is and with all sports, if the same coach stays and loses with the team in which "the cupboard is bare" he or she is blamed and usually forced out because they didn't develop any talent. So we assume they developed all that talent when they won at the same school? Too much is blamed on the coach when things go south, this isn't college you don't get to recruit who you want, I for one don't blame a coach for moving on to another school when he / she can the see the lack of talent coming, because the coach will be ultimately blamed for the shortcomings.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 03-12-19, 10:53 AM
Ltownfootball Ltownfootball is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-10-08
Posts: 134
Ltownfootball is on a distinguished road
As someone who played for Coach T, I feel like I can comment on a lot of this. The first time around he had a son playing college football in Chicago. Also there was a lot of negativity from parents/in the community that reached a boiling point. If anyone read the Mojo article after his final game there are plenty of comments about that.

This time around, the cupboard certainly wasn’t bare, at least this previous year. Injuries piled up or Lisbon was a playoff team again. I also think he just realized it was time for him to go.

Just my 2 cents.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 03-12-19, 12:17 PM
bop bop is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-27-13
Posts: 611
bop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltownfootball View Post
As someone who played for Coach T, I feel like I can comment on a lot of this. The first time around he had a son playing college football in Chicago. Also there was a lot of negativity from parents/in the community that reached a boiling point. If anyone read the Mojo article after his final game there are plenty of comments about that.

This time around, the cupboard certainly wasn’t bare, at least this previous year. Injuries piled up or Lisbon was a playoff team again. I also think he just realized it was time for him to go.

Just my 2 cents.
Agree with this 100%. The cupboard was not empty by no means.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 03-12-19, 12:25 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,600
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bop View Post
Agree with this 100%. The cupboard was not empty by no means.


Doesn’t help you guys replaced coach t with that guy you got.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 03-12-19, 01:04 PM
guyinahoodie guyinahoodie is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 04-21-15
Location: Columbiana
Posts: 324
guyinahoodie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltownfootball View Post
As someone who played for Coach T, I feel like I can comment on a lot of this. The first time around he had a son playing college football in Chicago. Also there was a lot of negativity from parents/in the community that reached a boiling point. If anyone read the Mojo article after his final game there are plenty of comments about that.

This time around, the cupboard certainly wasn’t bare, at least this previous year. Injuries piled up or Lisbon was a playoff team again. I also think he just realized it was time for him to go.

Just my 2 cents.
I pulled the MoJo articles of his final 2 games of the 2017 regular season and playoff game and see no comments. Please fill us in or explain!

http://www.morningjournalnews.com/sp...ss-at-windham/

http://www.morningjournalnews.com/sp...ord-545-yards/
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 03-12-19, 01:34 PM
bop bop is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-27-13
Posts: 611
bop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyinahoodie View Post
I pulled the MoJo articles of his final 2 games of the 2017 regular season and playoff game and see no comments. Please fill us in or explain!

http://www.morningjournalnews.com/sp...ss-at-windham/

http://www.morningjournalnews.com/sp...ord-545-yards/
I believe Ltown is referring to an article that was written when he resigned the first time. I remember reading it, he did not pull any punches. Another reason I have always respected the man. I am not going to run down the new coach. He should be given time to get his program up and running, just as any coach should.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 03-12-19, 01:53 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,600
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bop View Post
I believe Ltown is referring to an article that was written when he resigned the first time. I remember reading it, he did not pull any punches. Another reason I have always respected the man. I am not going to run down the new coach. He should be given time to get his program up and running, just as any coach should.


Don’t have to run him down yet he will do it himself like I told you long ago.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 03-12-19, 06:02 PM
Ltownfootball Ltownfootball is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-10-08
Posts: 134
Ltownfootball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bop View Post
I believe Ltown is referring to an article that was written when he resigned the first time. I remember reading it, he did not pull any punches. Another reason I have always respected the man. I am not going to run down the new coach. He should be given time to get his program up and running, just as any coach should.


Yes you are correct. I should’ve clarified


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 03-12-19, 06:05 PM
Ltownfootball Ltownfootball is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-10-08
Posts: 134
Ltownfootball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Doesn’t help you guys replaced coach t with that guy you got.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I’m not very close to the program, however I have yet to hear a single negative thing about Mikovich since he arrived.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 03-12-19, 07:08 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,600
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltownfootball View Post
I’m not very close to the program, however I have yet to hear a single negative thing about Mikovich since he arrived.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


3-7 isn’t negative? A poster said the “cupboard wasn’t bare” so it’s hard to believe a good coach would be 3-7 no?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 03-13-19, 05:41 AM
boomer24 boomer24 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-15-15
Posts: 620
boomer24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
3-7 isn’t negative? A poster said the “cupboard wasn’t bare” so it’s hard to believe a good coach would be 3-7 no?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Losing your starting RB less than 5 quarters into the season and dealing with some of the other injuries contributed to the record. At the D7 level, you don't have the depth to handle the amount of injuries Lisbon experienced.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 03-13-19, 05:45 AM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,600
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer24 View Post
Losing your starting RB less than 5 quarters into the season and dealing with some of the other injuries contributed to the record. At the D7 level, you don't have the depth to handle the amount of injuries Lisbon experienced.


Granted they lost a tailback early, you’d think that is plenty time to replace him. But I get it. But with that schedule. And the the last few years you could at least pencil in 5-6 wins with coach T even with the injuries.
But he bailed on you guys. Which is unfortunate.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 03-13-19, 06:19 AM
UEAlum UEAlum is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-22-17
Posts: 35
UEAlum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Granted they lost a tailback early, you’d think that is plenty time to replace him. But I get it. But with that schedule. And the the last few years you could at least pencil in 5-6 wins with coach T even with the injuries.
But he bailed on you guys. Which is unfortunate.
Like Boomer said, you don't just replace a tailback like that. Lisbon experienced injuries like I haven't seen this past season.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 03-13-19, 06:45 AM
bop bop is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-27-13
Posts: 611
bop is on a distinguished road
From what I am hearing the boys are working hard in the weight room. This season will be a much better measuring stick if they stay healthy. Injuries at D7 and it don't matter who is coaching. 2 front runners in the league (S. Local and Columbiana) then it is everyone else. If Lisbon gets going, I could see them winning 5-7 possibly with a Junior laden team. 6 or more gets them to post season.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 03-13-19, 06:49 AM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Location: In a Negley cornfield
Posts: 2,624
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bop View Post
2 front runners in the league (S. Local and Columbiana) then it is everyone else.
Only reason Southern is a front runner is the fact of stealing all the Sloans out of Wellsville and putting the Old Man on Wright's staff.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 03-13-19, 07:48 AM
boomer24 boomer24 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-15-15
Posts: 620
boomer24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Granted they lost a tailback early, you’d think that is plenty time to replace him. But I get it. But with that schedule. And the the last few years you could at least pencil in 5-6 wins with coach T even with the injuries.
But he bailed on you guys. Which is unfortunate.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And the next tailback went down the next game...it was a domino effect from there.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 03-13-19, 11:24 AM
Ltownfootball Ltownfootball is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-10-08
Posts: 134
Ltownfootball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Granted they lost a tailback early, you’d think that is plenty time to replace him. But I get it. But with that schedule. And the the last few years you could at least pencil in 5-6 wins with coach T even with the injuries.
But he bailed on you guys. Which is unfortunate.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


They didn’t just lose a tailback, they lost the focal point of their offense and one of the better ones in the area, and then they lost their backup tailback. I don’t know many D7 schools that could withstand that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 03-13-19, 11:33 AM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 6,600
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltownfootball View Post
They didn’t just lose a tailback, they lost the focal point of their offense and one of the better ones in the area, and then they lost their backup tailback. I don’t know many D7 schools that could withstand that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


By area do you mean the small area of columbiana county?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 03-13-19, 11:43 AM
IndiansRB90 IndiansRB90 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 12-17-18
Posts: 2
IndiansRB90 is on a distinguished road
Old Man Sloan was on Wright's staff at Wellsville. Along with 3 or 4 other coaches it looks like he took with to Southern.

https://issuu.com/lisbonmorningjourn...ootball2014/40
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 03-13-19, 01:43 PM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Location: In a Negley cornfield
Posts: 2,624
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiansRB90 View Post
Old Man Sloan was on Wright's staff at Wellsville. Along with 3 or 4 other coaches it looks like he took with to Southern.

https://issuu.com/lisbonmorningjourn...ootball2014/40
He took the whole family with him under open enrollment.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 03-13-19, 05:26 PM
Ltownfootball Ltownfootball is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-10-08
Posts: 134
Ltownfootball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
By area do you mean the small area of columbiana county?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I’d argue that the kid was going to rush for 1500 with 500 receiving, so take that as you will. I guess we’ll never know.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 03-14-19, 06:39 AM
boomer24 boomer24 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-15-15
Posts: 620
boomer24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
By area do you mean the small area of columbiana county?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He would have been one of the best backs in the TLC, ITCL, EOAC, MVAC...our area. It was nice to see him come back from a torn ACL and be able to finish his HS basketball season.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 03-14-19, 08:05 AM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Location: In a Negley cornfield
Posts: 2,624
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer24 View Post
He would have been one of the best backs in the TLC, ITCL, EOAC, MVAC...our area. It was nice to see him come back from a torn ACL and be able to finish his HS basketball season.
Quite possible, I know Bop had made mention before the season started.
I am confused Boomer, which one was going to transfer to EP, was it him or someone else? I remember T was still coach.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 03-14-19, 10:13 AM
boomer24 boomer24 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-15-15
Posts: 620
boomer24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog1974 View Post
Quite possible, I know Bop had made mention before the season started.
I am confused Boomer, which one was going to transfer to EP, was it him or someone else? I remember T was still coach.
That was the year before...different player.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 03-18-19, 11:21 AM
ThaXFactor ThaXFactor is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-31-18
Posts: 43
ThaXFactor is on a distinguished road
It will be interesting to see if ALL schools in the northern and central parts of the county have declining enrollment due to the mess at Lordstown, not just Crestview. To me, it seemed like enrollment was already declining before the shutdown, will this cause county-wide enrollment to drop further?

Last edited by ThaXFactor; 03-18-19 at 12:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kettering Fairmont D-1 District Rankings (Off Season #2) McClearn7 Wrestling 3 08-02-18 12:58 PM
Hard to believe - Tim Goodwin is entering his 20th season at Marion Local CJK84 Football 44 07-31-18 03:18 PM
Hoover D-1 District Rankings (Regular Season #1) McClearn7 Wrestling 4 11-19-17 05:05 PM
Heath D-2 District Rankings (Off Season #4) McClearn7 Wrestling 5 10-17-17 07:17 PM
Heath D-2 District Rankings (Off Season #3) McClearn7 Wrestling 7 09-03-17 05:38 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz