Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 02-20-19, 01:36 PM
OHFball10 OHFball10 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-07-14
Location: Ohio
Posts: 303
OHFball10 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Troy will go 8-2 at worst next year.
I can agree with that. Their 2 non-conference opponents (Belmont/Turpin) are average at best, so those should be wins. Toughest games would be Xenia/Butler/Tipp/Piqua/Sidney, but Troy should be better than all of those. 10-0 seems more likely than 8-2, unless the coaching change affects the program more than we think.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 02-20-19, 01:37 PM
troyboy73 troyboy73 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-05
Location: springfield
Posts: 3,685
troyboy73 is on a distinguished road
Guys on D like:

Austin Good 5'10' 210 LB.
Adam Decerbo 6'0" 275 lb.
Weston Smith 5'9" 150 lb. (5 INT)
Tucker Raskay 6'1" 160lb
Brayden Siler 6'2" 180 lb.
Jake Moorman 6'3" 310 lb.
Colby Harris 5'10" 225 lb.
Sean Keenan 6'2" 210 lb.
Carlos Quintero 5'8" 165 lb.
Lucas Henderson 6'0" 155 lb.
Kevin Walters 5'11" 195 lb.
Ethan Freed 6'3" 295 lb.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 02-20-19, 01:41 PM
FeartheRooster FeartheRooster is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 01-04-19
Posts: 139
FeartheRooster is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
The only team Tipp hasnít beaten in the past 4 seasons is Troy. Tipp hasnít played Xenia
So you havenít even seen Xenia. HUGE O line that will throw Tipp around like rag dolls. I can appreciate your home town spirit, but be real man. Beating Sidney, Butler, Piqua and Xenia for Tipp is a tall task. They had advantages last year because the wing T controlled the clock and kept scoring down. Check the box man, Tipp isnít all that.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 02-20-19, 02:08 PM
Ballboy000 Ballboy000 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-21-15
Posts: 542
Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeartheRooster View Post
Go back to your sandbox please. Aside from Greentucky, West Carrollton, Fairborn, and Stebbins, Tipp is battling for 5 or 6 wins a season. They won’t beat any of the other teams consistently year in and year out. Let me remind you that Fairborn had their number twice already. So that’s your level of competition.
The difference in the two Fairborn games came down to Tipp having a FG Kicker.... Caiden Smith. Both games were won on last second & last minute Field Goals of 29 & 33 yds by Tipp 45-44 and 23-21. Fairborn dominated the stats in both games setting 3 school records & missed a chip shot FG with 3 seconds on the clock in the last one.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 02-20-19, 02:25 PM
Ballboy000 Ballboy000 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-21-15
Posts: 542
Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeartheRooster View Post
So you haven’t even seen Xenia. HUGE O line that will throw Tipp around like rag dolls. I can appreciate your home town spirit, but be real man. Beating Sidney, Butler, Piqua and Xenia for Tipp is a tall task. They had advantages last year because the wing T controlled the clock and kept scoring down. Check the box man, Tipp isn’t all that.
You are not exaggerating when you say Xenia has a "HUGE" O-Line. Their double teams were driving Fairborn 15 yards off the ball & those were not small D-Linemen that Fairborn had. It was a nightmare watching the replay on HUDL. Their O-Line was totally dominating.
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 02-20-19, 02:38 PM
Ballboy000 Ballboy000 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-21-15
Posts: 542
Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
You act like Troy doesnít lose Jackson, Bishop, Klopfenstein, both Shoopís, Monroe, Burton, Niswonger, Collett, Jones, Blair, Adams and Feltner Thatís 11 of their top 13 tacklers, their star running back, tight end and top 3 receivers. Troy returns their QB Siler and only 2 players with more than 20 tackles last year.
Troy is still the team to beat & they are not hurting for talent. They lose a lot of starters but they have their All Division QB Siler returning who had the #3 QB rating in the GWOC for passing & he also runs. They return their Kicker (Siler) & their Punter & their leading punt returner Weston Smith. They have a good RB in Kevin Walters 6.5 yds per carry and a couple of experienced receivers returning. They return Riley Hubbard a 2nd team All Division O-Lineman but will need to replace several O-Linemen. Defensively Troy will need to replace most of the defense with the exception of All Division DB Weston Smith who led the entire GWOC in Interceptions with 5 and Defensive Linemen Austin Good & Adam Decerbo who return & combined for 79 tackles & 2.5 Sacks. With a league leading 45 returning upperclassmen they should have no problem filling the holes left by graduation.

In the last 3 years Troy is 20-0 against MVL teams. If Troy keeps the rest of their staff together after the departure of the Burgbachers they will be in good shape to make a run for their 4th consecutive title.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 02-20-19, 02:43 PM
Ballboy000 Ballboy000 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-21-15
Posts: 542
Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
Putting Sidney, Xenia and Butler ahead of Tipp is laughable. Troy an Piqua are definitely ahead of Tipp. Besides that Tipp, and Butler are tier 2 then Xenia and Sidney tier 3 then the rest are the bottom feeders.
I fear that you are heavily underestimating Xenia's capability under their new staff and the high number of enrolled males they have to draw from. I would like to be wrong but I don't think so.

Last edited by Ballboy000; 02-20-19 at 02:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 02-20-19, 03:02 PM
Ballboy000 Ballboy000 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-21-15
Posts: 542
Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom_isnt_free View Post
To summarize everything here: Troy had it and blew it. Should have kept Burgbacher in a spot that he couldnít leave because no deal short of college could compete.
There is some truth to this ... LOL. I was a young assistant under Mike Schneider in the 1980s when the booster club bought him a new buick lemans convertible. He had just won their 5th straight WOL Championship after taking over an 0-10 Wayne team.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 02-21-19, 02:42 PM
CoachRuxin CoachRuxin is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-19-16
Posts: 120
CoachRuxin is on a distinguished road
Noticed on OHSAA that the deadline is today. Anyone know who has applied outside of the names on here?
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 02-21-19, 10:05 PM
Tipp of the Town Tipp of the Town is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 01-04-19
Posts: 22
Tipp of the Town is on a distinguished road
A source close to the program says there are 6
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 02-21-19, 10:21 PM
TroyTrojan05 TroyTrojan05 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-19-11
Posts: 5,597
TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipp of the Town View Post
A source close to the program says there are 6
Have you heard any names?
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 02-21-19, 10:46 PM
yakyak yakyak is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-11-14
Posts: 1,102
yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Have you heard any names?
Hyatt!
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 02-21-19, 11:08 PM
permian permian is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 01-27-05
Posts: 68
permian
Steve Channel to be the head coach. Derge to be OC. Hyatt to be DC. Tipp Is Great to be the strength coach!
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 02-22-19, 12:53 AM
TippIsGreat TippIsGreat is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-28-15
Location: Tipp City
Posts: 1,338
TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by permian View Post
Steve Channel to be the head coach. Derge to be OC. Hyatt to be DC. Tipp Is Great to be the strength coach!
That would be the equivalent of putting 4 nuclear bombs in a pressure cooker
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 02-22-19, 08:02 AM
foghat78 foghat78 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-27-13
Posts: 164
foghat78 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
Putting Sidney, Xenia and Butler ahead of Tipp is laughable. Troy an Piqua are definitely ahead of Tipp. Besides that Tipp, and Butler are tier 2 then Xenia and Sidney tier 3 then the rest are the bottom feeders.
Tipp in their 3 years in the north

Vs. Sidney 1-2 (All games decided by 10 pts or less)
Vs Butler 2-1 (All games decided by 10 pts or less)
Haven't played Xenia.

So for you to think they are some how a "tier" ahead of those school is what is actually laughable. Seems to me they are pretty even matched program. It's attitudes and comments like that, that gives Tipp the reputation they have around the area.
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 02-22-19, 08:31 AM
TippIsGreat TippIsGreat is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-28-15
Location: Tipp City
Posts: 1,338
TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by foghat78 View Post
Tipp in their 3 years in the north

Vs. Sidney 1-2 (All games decided by 10 pts or less)
Vs Butler 2-1 (All games decided by 10 pts or less)
Haven't played Xenia.

So for you to think they are some how a "tier" ahead of those school is what is actually laughable. Seems to me they are pretty even matched program. It's attitudes and comments like that, that gives Tipp the reputation they have around the area.
Dude people make more asinine comments then that all the time about their own schools. Comments like that are not why Tipp has a certain perception, I know how other people view Tipp and feel about Tipp, and itís not because of what someone says on a message board
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 02-22-19, 08:50 AM
Tipp of the Town Tipp of the Town is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 01-04-19
Posts: 22
Tipp of the Town is on a distinguished road
Couldn’t give names because I’m an outsider but I think 2 are internal, 3 out of the district, and I had to chuckle because one didn’t have any Hs experience.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 02-22-19, 09:04 AM
D4fan D4fan is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 01-08-15
Location: At work
Posts: 3,340
D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
Dude people make more asinine comments then that all the time about their own schools. Comments like that are not why Tipp has a certain perception, I know how other people view Tipp and feel about Tipp, and itís not because of what someone says on a message board
You humor me when I read your posts, then I realize the reason it humors me is because it confirms the arrogance Tipp families often have for the surrounding communities. Community pride is a good thing, feelings of community superiority crosses the line.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 02-22-19, 09:15 AM
FeartheRooster FeartheRooster is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 01-04-19
Posts: 139
FeartheRooster is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4fan View Post
You humor me when I read your posts, then I realize the reason it humors me is because it confirms the arrogance Tipp families often have for the surrounding communities. Community pride is a good thing, feelings of community superiority crosses the line.
I would have to agree whole heartedly obviously. Not only because TIG is a complete clown, but people of Tipp have this Ďholier than thouí approach. Football wise when they step up a notch they compete with the middle of the road and consistently get beat by the Ďeliteí. Live with it and get over it, you are no longer top dog, itís not CCC or whatever other Ohio valley bumpkin conference. And donít give me this line of tipps enrollment and schools that other schools were bigger than them in CCC, because you could also make the argument that geographically they have an advantage of being between Troy, Vandalia, and right on 75.
This year you can bet Tipp will have high energy with the return of Matt Burgbacher, they will soon come down to earth by the middle of the season and order will re-establish itself.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 02-22-19, 09:20 AM
TroyTrojan05 TroyTrojan05 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-19-11
Posts: 5,597
TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Tipp and TippisGreat is that annoying little brother who always wants to be in on the action. Tipp will always be Troys little brother. It amazes me how arrogant their fanbase is.
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 02-22-19, 09:52 AM
OHFball10 OHFball10 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-07-14
Location: Ohio
Posts: 303
OHFball10 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipp of the Town View Post
Couldnít give names because Iím an outsider but I think 2 are internal, 3 out of the district, and I had to chuckle because one didnít have any Hs experience.
Marvin Lewis?
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 02-22-19, 12:10 PM
coachrios coachrios is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-26-07
Posts: 228
coachrios is on a distinguished road
Coached a game at Troy HS once a very long time ago when I was still an assistant coach at Toledo Rogers. Troy had a freshman RB who I think scored 4 times on us that night! It was a great venue for a high school football game, but not very fun to be on the opposing sidelines that night! Good luck to the Trojans! Ryan Brewer was pretty good that night and thereafter!
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 02-22-19, 12:22 PM
D4fan D4fan is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 01-08-15
Location: At work
Posts: 3,340
D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachrios View Post
Coached a game at Troy HS once a very long time ago when I was still an assistant coach at Toledo Rogers. Troy had a freshman RB who I think scored 4 times on us that night! It was a great venue for a high school football game, but not very fun to be on the opposing sidelines that night! Good luck to the Trojans! Ryan Brewer was pretty good that night and thereafter!
But not good enough to go to OSU.

Loved it when he put a personal beat down on them in a bowl game.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 02-22-19, 12:30 PM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 3,816
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4fan View Post
But not good enough to go to OSU.

Loved it when he put a personal beat down on them in a bowl game.
wasn't good enough to get a SHIP offer from many schools....I think Miami, OH was the only school in Ohio to offer him...
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 02-22-19, 01:17 PM
troyboy73 troyboy73 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-05
Location: springfield
Posts: 3,685
troyboy73 is on a distinguished road
Brewer also had a great career at Troy. His senior year he ran for 2,856 yards in 10 games. Troy lost first 2 and then won 8 in row to finish 8-2. he played the whole season with a fractured wrist that he hurt in the scrimmage game vs. Dunbar.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 02-22-19, 03:32 PM
Ballboy000 Ballboy000 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-21-15
Posts: 542
Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4fan View Post
But not good enough to go to OSU.

Loved it when he put a personal beat down on them in a bowl game.
Brewer who was named Ohio's Mr. Football didn't have the measurables that D1 schools like OSU look for, but he was one of the few exceptions to the rule as he proved when OSU played his South Carolina team. South Carolina was the only major D1 school to offer him a scholarship.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 02-22-19, 03:44 PM
TroyTrojan05 TroyTrojan05 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-19-11
Posts: 5,597
TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Brewer had the work ethic of no other and was tough as nails. He may not have had the measurables but he was a beast. Only about 5'8 or 5'9 but could bench about 450 lbs and probably leg press over 1,000. He was a bowling ball.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 02-22-19, 05:57 PM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 3,816
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballboy000 View Post
Brewer who was named Ohio's Mr. Football didn't have the measurables that D1 schools like OSU look for, but he was one of the few exceptions to the rule as he proved when OSU played his South Carolina team. South Carolina was the only major D1 school to offer him a scholarship.
and I think there is a story on how Lou Holtz offered him a SHIP to SC, but as with many things, cant remember back that far
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 02-22-19, 06:06 PM
serpico serpico is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-22-07
Posts: 2,665
serpico will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Tipp will always be Troys little brother. It amazes me how arrogant their fanbase is.
So you say Tipp will always be Troyís little brother, but THEY are the arrogant ones? Got it
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 02-22-19, 06:25 PM
Ballboy000 Ballboy000 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-21-15
Posts: 542
Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
and I think there is a story on how Lou Holtz offered him a SHIP to SC, but as with many things, cant remember back that far
Schools from South Carolina are dangerous to the health and well being of Buckeye Head Coaches. Woody got fired after losing to Clemson and Cooper got fired after losing to South Carolina. OSU needs to just stay away from that state's schools ... LOL.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Barberton: A Coaching Legacy frecriss Barberton Magics 18 11-28-18 11:02 AM
Wadsworth Coach G resigns mailman112 Wrestling 8 06-13-18 07:55 PM
St. Ed's coach Heff article mailman112 Wrestling 2 05-05-18 08:01 AM
2017 Class - Ohio Chapter of National Wrestling Hall of fame Refman Wrestling 3 09-19-17 12:57 PM
Former Kettering Alter Coach fbrox Football 3 06-06-17 11:16 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:20 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz