Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-17-19, 03:37 PM
All Region

Yoda is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by feartherooster View Post
youíre right, iíve heard those guys are pretty sharp together. But donít short change the third head, dan gress either. Iíve heard some great things about him as a coach, leader, and educator. Word is, heís more the Ďnext big thingí as hc in some of the eyes of the program because of his character traits. Interesting
👍
Old 02-18-19, 01:01 PM
Freshman

Tipp of the Town is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeartheRooster View Post
Youíre right, Iíve heard those guys are pretty sharp together. But donít short change the third head, Dan Gress either. Iíve heard some great things about him as a coach, leader, and educator. Word is, heís more the Ďnext big thingí as HC in some of the eyes of the program because of his character traits. Interesting

No matter how great they are, they still lost the captain of the ship. Herd they are a good group of asst but when you lose a legend in the likes of Charlie the waves could be a little rocky for those fellas. Just glad the legend is on our side now.
Old 02-18-19, 01:21 PM
Freshman

Rooster... tell us more about this Grass guy. How long has he been there? Where’s he from? I’m sure he learned a trick or two under Charlie.
Old 02-18-19, 01:44 PM
All District

FeartheRooster is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipp of the Town View Post
Rooster... tell us more about this Grass guy. How long has he been there? Whereís he from? Iím sure he learned a trick or two under Charlie.
Iím going to ignore all the Charlie comments made...

Great player at Northmont during the powerhouse run, graduated 09. Heís in their Athletic HOF. Played middle backer at Kent State and has been teaching/coaching for about 5 years if Iím correct. Has served as the D line coach and Special teams coordinator. Teaches at the 6th grade building and apparently has quite a list of references from what my connection says.
Old 02-18-19, 01:58 PM
Junior Varsity

IrishBuckeye is an unknown quantity at this point
I am sure Troy has some good assistants remaining on the staff, but it's pretty comical to see people downplaying the impact of losing Charlie Burgbacher. The man won 185 games over 26 years as a HC. Do the math- that's 7 wins a year consistently for 26 years. That doesn't happen by chance, and those type of men are rare finds. To sit on here and see some of the stuff being said on here is hysterical. Have any of these guys being mentioned ever called plays before? Will Troy be OK- absolutely. But let's stop the clown comments about the guy who has forgotten more football than the guys being talked about on here have ever known.
Old 02-18-19, 02:32 PM
Freshman

Sounds like he is a keeper. We will prolly just have to agree to disagree on sir Charles. At first I thought you were a real cockadoodle Rooster but you seem to know what you’re talking about. Best of luck to your Trojans this year pal.
Old 02-18-19, 02:49 PM
All American

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipp of the Town View Post
Sounds like he is a keeper. We will prolly just have to agree to disagree on sir Charles. At first I thought you were a real cockadoodle Rooster but you seem to know what youíre talking about. Best of luck to your Trojans this year pal.
Acting like Charlie is a scrub coach and all these dudes who were assistants below him are so much better coaches implies he knows nothing about what he is talking about. Charlie is one of the best to ever do it in this area.
Old 02-18-19, 03:10 PM
All Region

StSebastian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Iím going to ignore all the Charlie comments made...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
Acting like Charlie is a scrub coach and all these dudes who were assistants below him are so much better coaches implies he knows nothing about what he is talking about. Charlie is one of the best to ever do it in this area.
ding ding... round 3... FIGHT!

Old 02-18-19, 04:59 PM
All District

Quote:
Wait and see what happens this stint at Tipp.
I have good information that said he needed A LOT of help from his assistants. You wouldn’t know because you’ve been in Wilmington.
Old 02-18-19, 05:36 PM
Hail To The Aviators

ButlerAviator83 is on a distinguished road
It's possible Troy hires from within but I'm guessing they are going to want a coach with HC experience. (Maybe that exists on the current staff, but at least not on the names I have heard) Depending on what kind of resumes come in externally, I would look for this to be an outside hire. Burgbacher left this thing filled, washed and shined so it would be hard to envision the keys getting tossed to a newbie.
Old 02-18-19, 05:45 PM
All American

Quote:
Wait and see what happens this stint at Tipp.
I have good information that said he needed A LOT of help from his assistants. You wouldnít know because youíve been in Wilmington.
I had good information on Matt being the coach early on and you didnít believe me for one second. So why would I believe a rooster? They are the most annoying animals after all
Old 02-18-19, 06:46 PM
Junior Varsity

Barbershoptalk is on a distinguished road
I’m back from my cruise! Looks I didn’t miss much. I see rooster and TIG not getting along as usual. Actually TIG, while those roosters are a handful at times, they do wake people up.
Old 02-18-19, 07:49 PM
All District

Quote:
I had good information on Matt being the coach early on and you didn’t believe me for one second. So why would I believe a rooster? They are the most annoying animals after all
Good point, but that was more out of Matt has to be the dumbest man alive to leave Troy for tipp. I don’t sit on the committee or am within their program… Like you, so I truly wouldn’t have known.
On the other issue, if you really want to know what you’re getting into before you excited about your new DC (The wizard of OZ) I can make sure you know more.
Old 02-18-19, 08:44 PM
All American

Quote:
Good point, but that was more out of Matt has to be the dumbest man alive to leave Troy for tipp. I donít sit on the committee or am within their programÖ Like you, so I truly wouldnít have known.
On the other issue, if you really want to know what youíre getting into before you excited about your new DC (The wizard of OZ) I can make sure you know more.
Buddy, Charlie was at Tipp for 26 years, I played for him. Iím pretty sure we know what we are getting. He had a huge impact on my life, and I have the upmost respect for the man.
Old 02-18-19, 09:26 PM
All District

Quote:
Buddy, Charlie was at Tipp for 26 years, I played for him. Iím pretty sure we know what we are getting. He had a huge impact on my life, and I have the upmost respect for the man.
Everything makes sense to me now then. I understand why youíre so blind.
Old 02-18-19, 11:15 PM
All American

Quote:
Everything makes sense to me now then. I understand why you’re so blind.
Oh so because I have seen what he does up close and personal, I’m blind. Yet you are coming from an outsiders view with probably no personal interactions or experience with him. Only what you have seen or heard of from afar. Charlie took over one of the worst football programs in the area and turned it into one of the most successful. Every player that I know loves him and has the most respect for him. You don’t have that success or love from former players by being a mediocre coach.
Old 02-19-19, 12:36 AM
All Ohio

Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishBuckeye View Post
I am sure Troy has some good assistants remaining on the staff, but it's pretty comical to see people downplaying the impact of losing Charlie Burgbacher. The man won 185 games over 26 years as a HC. Do the math- that's 7 wins a year consistently for 26 years. That doesn't happen by chance, and those type of men are rare finds. To sit on here and see some of the stuff being said on here is hysterical. Have any of these guys being mentioned ever called plays before? Will Troy be OK- absolutely. But let's stop the clown comments about the guy who has forgotten more football than the guys being talked about on here have ever known.
Even with the loss of the Burgbachers Troy still has the best overall staff in the MVL. Lot of college experience on that staff in Manson, Gress, & Merkert that held opponents to the lowest rushing average in the GWOC the last three years straight, as well as Tyler Wright who called all of their Offensive plays as OC. The O & D Coaching Staffs are still there. All they lost was their CEO & Charlie. As long as some new HC does not come in and try to change an offense & defense that is not broken Troy will be in great shape.

Last edited by Ballboy000; 02-19-19 at 12:52 AM.
Old 02-19-19, 07:16 AM
All District

Quote:
Oh so because I have seen what he does up close and personal, I’m blind. Yet you are coming from an outsiders view with probably no personal interactions or experience with him. Only what you have seen or heard of from afar. Charlie took over one of the worst football programs in the area and turned it into one of the most successful. Every player that I know loves him and has the most respect for him. You don’t have that success or love from former players by being a mediocre coach.
Haha you assume way too much bud. If you’re a 21 yr old kid I’d tell you that you don’t know any better, if you really played for him. If you’re Schultz then you drank too much of the CCC Kool-aid. Great man no doubt, people love him.
Old 02-19-19, 07:20 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballboy000 View Post
Even with the loss of the Burgbachers Troy still has the best overall staff in the MVL. Lot of college experience on that staff in Manson, Gress, & Merkert that held opponents to the lowest rushing average in the GWOC the last three years straight, as well as Tyler Wright who called all of their Offensive plays as OC. The O & D Coaching Staffs are still there. All they lost was their CEO & Charlie. As long as some new HC does not come in and try to change an offense & defense that is not broken Troy will be in great shape.
THIS guy gets it folks.
Old 02-19-19, 08:34 AM
All American

TheBenchwarmer is on a distinguished road
Most new coaches I have known are very open to keeping existing staff if it’s a good fit. I just wonder how many guys will follow Matt to Tipp City? It’s a real possibility if they aren’t a fan of the new coach. There are a lot of egos on the sidelines.
Old 02-19-19, 09:41 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBenchwarmer View Post
Most new coaches I have known are very open to keeping existing staff if itís a good fit. I just wonder how many guys will follow Matt to Tipp City? Itís a real possibility if they arenít a fan of the new coach. There are a lot of egos on the sidelines.
Maybe Tipp should hire you, I mean Hyatt, as an assistant
Old 02-19-19, 12:23 PM
All American

TheBenchwarmer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Maybe Tipp should hire you, I mean Hyatt, as an assistant
Again I’m not Hyatt I live in Clayton and Hyatt lives in Kettering I believe. Anyways maybe they should he’s a great coach that will end up on the sidelines again someday. He’s well respected in coaching circles and guys like that get back into the game when they are ready. I’m sure Hyatt is enjoying time with his family and will come back when the time and opportunity is right. You never know could already be in the works. Never say never good sir. Enough about Coach though you should really focus on the actual topic here.
Old 02-19-19, 12:53 PM
All Ohio

Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBenchwarmer View Post
Most new coaches I have known are very open to keeping existing staff if itís a good fit. I just wonder how many guys will follow Matt to Tipp City? Itís a real possibility if they arenít a fan of the new coach. There are a lot of egos on the sidelines.
That would be my biggest concern if I were the Troy AD....keeping their present staff together. They don't need a new HC to come in and try to reinvent the wheel. They still have the best wheels on the road.
Old 02-19-19, 12:58 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballboy000 View Post
That would be my biggest concern if I were the Troy AD....keeping their present staff together. They don't need a new HC to come in and try to reinvent the wheel. They still have the best wheels on the road.
Iím sure they appreciate that acknowledgement from a guy thatís been around as long as you have been, sir. I know those guys bust their butt and do a lot of good game planning behind the scenes. A lot of football scheme in that locker room going on.
Old 02-19-19, 12:59 PM
All World

serpico will become famous soon enough
Ballboy and Rooster doing some major assistant-fluffing here
Old 02-19-19, 01:11 PM
Junior Varsity

Barbershoptalk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
Ballboy and Rooster doing some major assistant-fluffing here
Ballboy doesnít have a dog in the fight, heís just dropping some logic for ya. If you read his post, heís always bringing some facts and perspective to most threads. His comments are supported with good logic and common sense, so obviously heís experienced and has been around the block before. Thatís the problem with young people, you talk when you should listen. Plus, that dude is almost always positive when commenting and doesnít come on here just to attack people.
Old 02-19-19, 06:55 PM
All District

Groundhog Day is on a distinguished road
It's still possible that they stay on staff for next HC. Usually, when you are winning and the HC leaves you often promote from within for continuity. Posting the job for someone who has 3-5 years experience as a HC just thins the pool. If nothing stands out, you may be best to be happy with what you have.
Old 02-19-19, 07:15 PM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Iím happy with taking a current member on staff unless Meeks or Carter apply. Then I want them.
Old 02-19-19, 08:34 PM
All World

troyboy73 is on a distinguished road
I hope they get Stokes from Minster.
Old 02-19-19, 08:44 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyboy73 View Post
I hope they get Stokes from Minster.
With the talent Minster has returning this season, I just don't foresee that happening but then again I've been wrong before. He would fit well in Troy but my guess is Troy hires from within.