Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-26-19, 07:05 PM
All District

CaptainA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ville-ified View Post
I know we caught them in a down year, but people on here also said we would get dominated by Mooney.
Mooney was probably as bad as they've ever been. BIG RED is still as good as a solid Louisville team even in a down year. That's not a great counterpoint. But should be a good game. I know I'm excited to watch the boys play ball!!!
Old 02-26-19, 07:06 PM
All District

CaptainA is on a distinguished road
Good old Mr. 611 ain't ready for Reno and I ain't talking about Reno Avenue
Old 02-27-19, 07:31 AM
Varsity

generalisimo is on a distinguished road
Definitely a tough match up for the Leps, but everyone says you get better by playing better. This is a step up in weight class for sure.
Old 02-27-19, 09:09 AM
Junior Varsity

Syrian Leopards is on a distinguished road
Bring on Big Red. Would be a great matchup. Let’s try week 8. Need to replace that Ursuline game I believe still
Old 02-28-19, 08:34 PM
Varsity

Is the coaching staff entirely new or are there going to be any carry overs ?
Old 02-28-19, 08:59 PM
All American

hitme is on a distinguished road
UHeard D. Radalia and B. Beatty are not returning. Davis has gone to Mount. All I know.
Old 02-28-19, 09:54 PM
Freshman

JQU is on a distinguished road
The biggest challenge of our new coach is the incompetent athletic director! Not one of our assistant varsity coaches are returning. They not only bailed on the new coach but more importantly on the kids they claim they cared about. The touchdown club has embarrassed themselves, our football program and our community. The purpose of the organization is to support the football program instead our new coach has been met with hostility as if he is responsible for Coach DeMarcos dismissal.
Old 02-28-19, 10:18 PM
All Ohio

Ville-ified is on a distinguished road
I’ve seen some of the social media stuff from the new staff. It seems much more high energy and focused than under DeMarco, and the kids seem to really be buying in. From what I can tell he has the 3 coaches that have already been mentioned on here and Jake Adkins in some capacity.
Old 03-01-19, 06:19 AM
Freshman

DifferentDirection is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JQU View Post
The biggest challenge of our new coach is the incompetent athletic director! Not one of our assistant varsity coaches are returning. They not only bailed on the new coach but more importantly on the kids they claim they cared about. The touchdown club has embarrassed themselves, our football program and our community. The purpose of the organization is to support the football program instead our new coach has been met with hostility as if he is responsible for Coach DeMarcos dismissal.
Could you please name the coaches from the former staff that Twiddy asked to come back but they rejected him? Since your going to assasinate their character I hope you have good knowledge that they flat out rejected him. demarco was fired, everyone new the DC was gone if he didn’t get the HC job for like the third time, the O-line coach is retired and it was clear he was staying until Demarco was done or fired, I don’t think Beatty was offered his position back, “coach joe” was announced the new d-line coach before twiddy was even officially hired. I am sure I am missing someone so please enlighten us. And what specific hostilities has your touchdown club done to coach twiddy and his new staff?

I am not against the new staff and I see some good energy over there but as a coach I am against bad mouthing others or organizations with generalities.

Last edited by DifferentDirection; 03-01-19 at 06:31 AM.
Old 03-01-19, 08:45 AM
Junior Varsity

third down is on a distinguished road
Take it for what it is worth -
funny just talked to a guy last night who said he was "in the know"
and he said new coach interviewed or met with each of the old staff and for various reasons some declined to not coach. Said some of the younger guys would still be around.
also said same about Oline guy is retired and DC went to Mt U
nothing that was discussed to me sounded like there was any problem or people upset
there was something about a one guy going to st thom but I cant remember names

maybe some did walk away? who knows - I didn't hear anything about TD club or ad
Old 03-01-19, 10:06 AM
Freshman

The incompetence of our AD as it relates to her experience in playing, coaching, establishing a schedule for a high school football program is not generalities.

No one is assassinating (nice job sensationalizing) anyone's character. The only one I see making any effort to stay engaged and support is Brian Beatty. My hope is that Brian and others bring about change with our Touchdown Club.The time between DeMarco being fired and Twiddy being hired tell me what coach stepped up and brought the boys together to talk to them as a group. Give them some assurance that things will be okay. In the time between DeMarco being fired and Twiddy being hired what coach stepped up and rallied the boys together in the weight room. Coach Davis who thought he should have been the head coach did not even step up and demonstrate any leadership in the time between DeMarco being fired and Twiddy being hired. If he possessed such great leadership skills why was the team left in limbo. ITS ABOUT THE BOYS AND NOT THE FOOLISH PRIDE AND EGOS OF GROWN MEN!

Talk to the present leadership of the Touchdown Club and ask them how long it took for them to schedule a meeting to introduce our new coach. When I speak of hostility I am speaking of unfriendliness. If you had been in attendance the night of his introduction you would understand.
Old 03-01-19, 01:18 PM
All District

BACisBack is on a distinguished road
I was at the same Touchdown Club meeting, been a member for a very very long time. I didn't see what you saw. I saw a group of people saying they didn't have 45k for new sets of uniforms, 100k for new weight room equipment and I forget what the other big ask was. I am pretty sure I know who JQU is, he and Jeff are buddies. Besides the drunk guy the meeting wasn't really that bad.

I think you should look at yourself in the mirror and ask what have you done as a member of Touchdown Club (fun fact he isn't a member) before you start taking shots at those who have done it all. Just because people are leaving and new people are coming into the mix doesn't mean the people leaving are bad or against the new coach. I am just not sure how you can blame a group of unpaid volunteers for anything? I would check your ego and make sure you are a grown man.
Old 03-01-19, 01:20 PM
All Region

old man 54 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The incompetence of our AD as it relates to her experience in playing, coaching, establishing a schedule for a high school football program is not generalities.

No one is assassinating (nice job sensationalizing) anyone's character. The only one I see making any effort to stay engaged and support is Brian Beatty. My hope is that Brian and others bring about change with our Touchdown Club.The time between DeMarco being fired and Twiddy being hired tell me what coach stepped up and brought the boys together to talk to them as a group. Give them some assurance that things will be okay. In the time between DeMarco being fired and Twiddy being hired what coach stepped up and rallied the boys together in the weight room. Coach Davis who thought he should have been the head coach did not even step up and demonstrate any leadership in the time between DeMarco being fired and Twiddy being hired. If he possessed such great leadership skills why was the team left in limbo. ITS ABOUT THE BOYS AND NOT THE FOOLISH PRIDE AND EGOS OF GROWN MEN!

Talk to the present leadership of the Touchdown Club and ask them how long it took for them to schedule a meeting to introduce our new coach. When I speak of hostility I am speaking of unfriendliness. If you had been in attendance the night of his introduction you would understand.
Great points.. and the TD club leadership is a joke for the most part. I was part of it for many years. Farrah used to be in charge and they followed whatever he said. He didn't kiss up to anyone.

However, when Demarco came aboard, I often watched him almost beg for a few hundred dollars he wanted on equipment. He approached them for money like a man afraid to ask.

The people on the board should have quit long ago. They have no skin in the game, yet think they have all this power. They treat new members like the plague and most quit. when new ideas or projects are mentioned they are crushed. A few years ago when a group gathered and got the tunnel passed, the board was 100% against it even though thats what the boys and parents wanted.

That's why I quit several years ago after many years.

TD Club leaders - Its not your money.. you seem to think it is though. You don't have to have the same expenses year after year. Things change over time. I hope they treat the new coaches well but I truly dont expect them to suck up to you like Demarco did.
Old 03-01-19, 02:35 PM
Freshman

While I wish Coach Twiddy well, respectfully we are not buddies. I am a concerned parent who happens to have a son in the program.

May I suggest to the Touchdown Club they create an advisory group made up of one freshman, sophomore, junior and senior player. Even if they don't have a vote they can participate in the process.
Old 03-01-19, 04:01 PM
All District

old man 54 JQU offices are open right now, next election is the first part of March, now is the time. DeMarco spent about 30k a year, always got what he asked for, never once was turned down. Spent several thousand on equipment more than once. Old officers want to see new people run, so run against them. If you guys are saying how bad it is, run for office and make a change. Make Touch Down Club Great Again. I will call Beatty's and get shirts printed up.

Just be careful what you wish for, the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Old Man president, JQU VP.......good luck guys MTDCGA
Old 03-01-19, 04:27 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by old man 54 View Post
TD Club leaders - Its not your money.. you seem to think it is though. You don't have to have the same expenses year after year. Things change over time. .
If you do not like how things are being done, run for office. Don't just sit back and cast ideas. Step up and run, volunteer, do the jobs the other volunteers do not want to do. You can run for office, what is stopping you? It is so easy to take shots at the people doing all the work, but it takes a real man to step up and take over. Do it, run for office, we all want to see it old man. What is holding you back?

Make Touch Down Club Great Again!!!!!!!

Old Man president, JQU VP.......good luck guys MTDCGA
Old 03-02-19, 10:58 AM
Varsity

Meanwhile,what are your expectations for 2019. Could we nab a playoff spot or not ?
Old 03-02-19, 12:02 PM
All Ohio

I say making the playoffs this year is a reasonable expectation. The only game last year we had no shot at winning was Massillon. The first two weeks against Canfield and Hoover are huge Harbin wise, and this year we get both of those teams at home. Last year we kind of looked lost and indecisive early on, hopefully with Jones clearly defined as the starter and Burick and Pukys back we hit the ground running. My biggest concern is the O line, Stafford is solid at left tackle but that’s it. Looking at the roster we have the size to be good up front but I don’t know how many of them are actually good football players.
Old 03-02-19, 12:40 PM
All American

Lynus24 is on a distinguished road
I'll go out on a limb and say the new staff will not be so hell bent on not having guys go both ways. Guys like Stafford and Robbins can be studs on both sides of the line. Goard on the other hand should be reserved for defense. This team should have anchors everywhere but RB and LB. Those spots have kids that will have to prove themselves. Guiley has shown that if he stays healthy, he has the ability to get positive yards, he takes care of the ball, and has the speed to go the distance. It'll be interresting to see where they go from there. We have some upperclassmen that have been thrown in there over the years (JV and Frosh), but last year Adelman showed the toughness and ability to become a really good RB. There's a fresh set of eyes on these kids this year, so I wouldn't be suprised at all to see some shake-ups from what we're used to. Over the next few weeks ALL FOOTBALL PLAYERS that aren't in other spring sports WILL be in the weight room!
Old 03-02-19, 12:51 PM
All American

Also...not a good idea to throw the TD club under the bus. Everyone isn't going to always agree, but short of one or two other schools around here our TD club would be the envy of most schools. For every d-bag we have....there's multiple guys that DONATE their free time for this program that don't have kids on the team.
Old 03-03-19, 12:34 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus24 View Post
Also...not a good idea to throw the TD club under the bus. Everyone isn't going to always agree, but short of one or two other schools around here our TD club would be the envy of most schools. For every d-bag we have....there's multiple guys that DONATE their free time for this program that don't have kids on the team.
Louisville has outstanding support . I've dealt with TD Club,to Little Leopards and Band Boosters. Not everyone in every group was my cup of tea,but look at the money raised and the programs we have.
Old 03-03-19, 03:19 PM
Freshman

DifferentDirection is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ville-ified View Post
I say making the playoffs this year is a reasonable expectation. The only game last year we had no shot at winning was Massillon. The first two weeks against Canfield and Hoover are huge Harbin wise, and this year we get both of those teams at home. Last year we kind of looked lost and indecisive early on, hopefully with Jones clearly defined as the starter and Burick and Pukys back we hit the ground running.
You never know if you get hit with a ton of injuries. Having a lot of experienced players especially at the offensive skill positions will be huge. The strength of schedule is about the same as last year, so with returning experience at key positions I think 6 wins would be disappointing and 8 wins would be great. So I would guess you should get 7 wins and that may get you into the playoffs.
Old 03-04-19, 12:49 AM
Junior Varsity

Syrian Leopards is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDirection View Post
You never know if you get hit with a ton of injuries. Having a lot of experienced players especially at the offensive skill positions will be huge. The strength of schedule is about the same as last year, so with returning experience at key positions I think 6 wins would be disappointing and 8 wins would be great. So I would guess you should get 7 wins and that may get you into the playoffs.
8 would put us in. 7 is no guarantee. We need to beat Canfield to grab all those points. Mooney, Ursuline, and CCC for as quality of opponents they are give us nothing point wise unless they win 6+ games
Old 03-04-19, 01:04 AM
All Ohio

We don’t play Ursuline this year. While Steubenville would be another fun game on the schedule, a loss in week 8 could be what keeps us out of the playoffs. We only have 2 or 3 games where we will be clear favorites, one where we are clear underdogs, and the other 6 or 7 are both toss ups and must wins. It makes for an exciting season but there is very little margin for error. Who we play in week 8 is very important.
Old 03-04-19, 09:53 AM
All American

Very little room for error when you consider Howland and Green are coming off 1-9 seasons. Unless those 2 make vast improvements, our week 8 opponent will have to somebody solid. You can't have 4 teams on your schedule that can't win 4 games. To be safe I would set the bar at 10-0 and adjust from there.
Old 03-04-19, 07:52 PM
All Region

go_leps
Quote:
While I wish Coach Twiddy well, respectfully we are not buddies. I am a concerned parent who happens to have a son in the program.

May I suggest to the Touchdown Club they create an advisory group made up of one freshman, sophomore, junior and senior player. Even if they don't have a vote they can participate in the process.
If I'm not mistaken, I believe that the TD Club has always picked one parent from each class to help represent that class at the TD Club meetings...Or am I missing something here?
Old 03-05-19, 06:39 AM
All District

Lewis43D is on a distinguished road
I have not been on in a while, but after reading through some of the comments I am in disbelief. Are we really attacking and blaming the TD club for problems we have on the field? A group of people who support the program, many of which do not have kids on the team. Someone was upset because it took them to long to set up a meeting with the new coach, so the whole organization is garbage? I can see this happening at McKinley or Massillon, but never thought it would happen at Louisville. Did someone blame the AD for her lack of knowledge because she never played the game? Lots of women never played the game, I am not sure if the poster was saying indirectly saying she is unqualified because she is a women or not.

I am not sure what is going on in Louisville, but it seems a select few of you have axes to grind for one reason or another. I feel like the ad is doing the best she can given the circumstances we are in. Her job is to schedule the games with what is available. Love her or hate her, the ad job doesn't directly transition to the product on the field. Same as the TD club, they just support the team. It was nice to see some of the level headed individual post some rational comments, but some of you really need to take a long hard look in the mirror and evaluate what value you have brought to the program. So much negativity and so much of it directed towards the wrong people.
Old 03-05-19, 10:17 AM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
only disparaging things I have ever heard about the TD club have been on here

so I just took it for what it is worth. nothing wrong with TD club - its one of those things if you think you can do better than join and show us!!!

either way its for the kids
Old 03-05-19, 06:31 PM
All American

hitme is on a distinguished road
Can not believe some of you are beating up the TD club. You may not agree with everything but pitch in and get your hands dirty and see and hear the gratitude from our players. Not many programs treat their young men like Louisville does.
Old 03-08-19, 12:10 PM
Varsity

Any thoughts on John DeMarco becoming OC at Lake ? Could spice up week # 4