Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-04-19, 02:35 PM
All Region

StSebastian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
Agreed. Where does Riverside get into this discussion? They are in no man's land. Ft Loramie is the odd man out where this league is concerned. I love the fact of them belonging to a league with Milton. Football only isn't a problem if you get a school like Newton or FM to stay and be basketball and all other sports only. Not sure why Newton is leaving. Doesn't make sense.

Milton Union
Bethel
Covington
Ft Loramie
Miami East
Northridge (I would have never guessed this one)
Lehman
Northwestern in place of TC. Not a fan of Troy Christian in that league. Although my cousin is the head wrestling coach, I dont think it's a good match. Lehman is a stretch. Both are for-profit schools that actually draw talent from some of these school districts like Milton, Bethel, Covington... Northwestern has great facilities and might bite at this chance. TC will dominate in wrestling.
Like I said, get Newton to stay with us, since Milton and Covington are in it, to replace FL in all other sports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am afraid there really is no great solution...

Milton, East, Covington, Bethel, Lehman seems to be a solid core if Milton is willing to leave the SWBL. I don't see Lehamn having an issue at all leaving the NWCC. In fact, I am sure they would prefer it and would not think twice if given the opportunity.

I think that Riverside was lumped in if Lehman were to leave, Riverside may be interested in following... but they are out there comparatively...

Northridge has no perfect landing spot in the Dayton area if the SWBL changes and they leave... kind of like Trotwood with the GWOC/MVL situation... They could fit in here but they would be the outliers to the south and welcomed to help fill the conference.

TC... I am indifferent but I am sure they would sacrifice just about anything to be in a league like this.

If Northwestern leaves the CBC, would it have a ripple effect there as well and possibly draw the likes of Graham and Indian Lake?

Loramie is still odd man out being football only unless the # of conference teams increase and it doesn't effect any other sport.

You could then be looking at...

Covington
Fort Loramie (FB Only)
Sidney Lehman
Graham
Indian Lake
Riverside

Miami East
Troy Christian
Bethel
Milton Union
Northridge
Northwestern

12 teams / 2 divisions of 6 (North / South) with 36 being the dividing line

5 Conference / 3 cross-over / 2 OOC (similar to the current CCC setup)

Your furthest trip would be Indian Lake to Northridge... 60 miles / 1 hr all high way... Not much further than what Northwestern currently drives to get to Ben Logan.

Looking at it... it is not really pretty but...
Old 02-04-19, 02:47 PM
All Region

StSebastian is on a distinguished road
It would truly be the Cross County Conference

Logan, Shelby, Champaign, Clark, Miami, Montgomery...
Old 02-04-19, 04:47 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dograt View Post
Can't do 9 league schools! Odd number means one school is trying to find an ooc game every week! week 7,8,9,10 non-league games suck to find!

Need to take Riverside out of that league and have 8!
Riverside to the OHC?
Old 02-04-19, 07:45 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Riverside to the OHC?

Threy stay put.

Old 02-06-19, 08:08 AM
All Yappi

Bump

Old 03-06-19, 09:16 AM
Junior Varsity

SWOH2032 is on a distinguished road
Click image for larger version

Name:	0A2B3BD6-9562-491D-A089-1F16DFFA420F.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	2836
Old 03-06-19, 09:16 AM
Junior Varsity

SWOH2032 is on a distinguished road
This is from Preble Shawneeís Twitter.
Old 03-06-19, 06:16 PM
Freshman

Zamboni937 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Riverside to the OHC?
I think if they could, they would.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-19, 03:46 AM
All Ohio

bhs_eagle82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit 29 View Post
I think if Monroe, Franklin, and Bellbrook get left out I see them hitching up with Edgewood, Talawanda, and Ross and a few other schools. I can't see Bellbrook doing that though. A league looking like this could be totally possible.

Monroe
Franklin
Edgewood
Talawanda
Ross
West Carrolton
Bellbrook
Valley View
Eaton

Carlisle could be an option if their enrollment goes up, New school and I have seen some plans for more construction of houses in that school district as well. Not likely, but could be an option if Bellbrook decides to stay up north, which I would expect them to do before having to travel to Ross and Talawanda on the regular. If Fenwick and Badin get left in the cold then I would have no problem being in the same league as them but I understand that would get voted down more than likely.

I could see Bellbrook hitching up with Oakwood, Clinton Massie, WCH, Greenview, and Wilmington and forming a league. Times are changing for sure.
I like your original alignment for Bellbrook. Kind of like a re-imagination of the old MML. I think the travel for Bellbrook week in and week out would suck.
Old 03-07-19, 03:48 AM
All Ohio

bhs_eagle82 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
MVL North
Troy
Piqua
Sidney
Greenville
Tipp
Butler

MVL South
Xenia
Fairborn
West Carrollton
Stebbins
Bellbrook
Franklin

5 league games, 2 crossovers, 3 ooc

SWBL
Monroe
Valley View
Eaton
Oakwood
Waynesville
Carlisle
Madison
Brookville

7 league games, 3 ooc
Thumbs up for the new MVL. I would like to see that for Bellbrook. I have been wanting them to push out of the SWBL now for awhile and this would make sense.
Old 03-07-19, 11:55 AM
Freshman

Buckeyes04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Agreed. Where does Riverside get into this discussion? They are in no man's land. Ft Loramie is the odd man out where this league is concerned. I love the fact of them belonging to a league with Milton. Football only isn't a problem if you get a school like Newton or FM to stay and be basketball and all other sports only. Not sure why Newton is leaving. Doesn't make sense.

Milton Union
Bethel
Covington
Ft Loramie
Miami East
Northridge (I would have never guessed this one)
Lehman
Northwestern in place of TC. Not a fan of Troy Christian in that league. Although my cousin is the head wrestling coach, I dont think it's a good match. Lehman is a stretch. Both are for-profit schools that actually draw talent from some of these school districts like Milton, Bethel, Covington... Northwestern has great facilities and might bite at this chance. TC will dominate in wrestling.
Like I said, get Newton to stay with us, since Milton and Covington are in it, to replace FL in all other sports.

Not quite sure how you say they are in "no man's land". They are as far north as Lehman, easy drive up St. Rt. 235. Same league as Lehman, playoffs 3 of the last 4 years, if you're open to Lehman you oughta be open to a public school playing with their own kids. Just a thought. Seems like you're more interested in non-realistic scenarios. Don't see CBC teams leaving after their most recent expansion. Nonetheless, interesting schools and potential leagues brought up in this thread.

Hope we find out some more concrete information soon.
Old 03-07-19, 11:59 AM
All District

HSfootballfan21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
MVL North
Troy
Piqua
Sidney
Greenville
Tipp
Butler

MVL South
Xenia
Fairborn
West Carrollton
Stebbins
Bellbrook
Franklin

5 league games, 2 crossovers, 3 ooc

SWBL
Monroe
Valley View
Eaton
Oakwood
Waynesville
Carlisle
Madison
Brookville

7 league games, 3 ooc
Totally agree!
Old 03-10-19, 11:03 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes04 View Post
Not quite sure how you say they are in "no man's land". They are as far north as Lehman, easy drive up St. Rt. 235. Same league as Lehman, playoffs 3 of the last 4 years, if you're open to Lehman you oughta be open to a public school playing with their own kids. Just a thought. Seems like you're more interested in non-realistic scenarios. Don't see CBC teams leaving after their most recent expansion. Nonetheless, interesting schools and potential leagues brought up in this thread.

Hope we find out some more concrete information soon.
Riverside is too small and yes, no mans land. Logan County. From West Milton to Lehman is about 40 minutes. To Riverside is 1hr 15. That’s like Waynesville for us. Waynesville is a much better opponent for MU than Riverside.
Playoffs vs d7 schools. MU and ME are d5. I’m not sure Riverside could compete in the Buckeye division of the SWBL.
Unrealistic scenarios? No scenario is unrealistic in HS.
Old 03-10-19, 11:26 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Riverside is too small and yes, no mans land. Logan County. From West Milton to Lehman is about 40 minutes. To Riverside is 1hr 15. Thatís like Waynesville for us. Waynesville is a much better opponent for MU than Riverside.
Playoffs vs d7 schools. MU and ME are d5. Iím not sure Riverside could compete in the Buckeye division of the SWBL.
Must be nice having the only opinion that matters.

Old 03-10-19, 11:34 AM
All Ohio

bcw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Riverside is too small and yes, no mans land. Logan County. From West Milton to Lehman is about 40 minutes. To Riverside is 1hr 15. Thatís like Waynesville for us. Waynesville is a much better opponent for MU than Riverside.
Playoffs vs d7 schools. MU and ME are d5. Iím not sure Riverside could compete in the Buckeye division of the SWBL.

Itís 1 hr and 15 mins if your 97 years old. Mapquest has it as 51 mins between Milton and DeGraff. Location is not a reason to exclude Riverside from the discussion.
Old 03-10-19, 11:58 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcw View Post
Itís 1 hr and 15 mins if your 97 years old. Mapquest has it as 51 mins between Milton and DeGraff. Location is not a reason to exclude Riverside from the discussion.
He acts like Milton is some football power who shouldn't be forced to play such small schools.

Old 03-10-19, 12:36 PM
All Ohio

bcw is on a distinguished road
I donít view Riverside as a ďshoe inĒ for the new league but I think they are a good option if needed. They have somewhat floundered for the past 20 years in the post West Central Ohio Conference world, but they were a competitive small school in those days. This new conference could get them back to playing Southwest Ohio communities, getting their identity back.
Old 03-10-19, 12:52 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcw View Post
I donít view Riverside as a ďshoe inĒ for the new league but I think they are a good option if needed. They have somewhat floundered for the past 20 years in the post West Central Ohio Conference world, but they were a competitive small school in those days. This new conference could get them back to playing Southwest Ohio communities, getting their identity back.
From what I have heard, the conference is a done deal and is to be announced in April.

Old 03-10-19, 01:05 PM
All District

BucksFan937 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboni937 View Post
From what I have heard, the conference is a done deal and is to be announced in April.

What is the final decision that you have heard? The remaining schools in the CCC will add some of the schools we have been discussing, and form the new league?
Old 03-10-19, 01:29 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksFan937 View Post
What is the final decision that you have heard? The remaining schools in the CCC will add some of the schools we have been discussing, and form the new league?
That's what I heard from a pretty reliable source. 8 team league,

3 of the old CCC teams.
2 swbl
2 nwcc
Then TC

Old 03-10-19, 02:57 PM
All District

Quote:
That's what I heard from a pretty reliable source. 8 team league,

3 of the old CCC teams.
2 swbl
2 nwcc
Then TC

Will Fort Loramie be apart of this, football only?
Old 03-10-19, 03:07 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Will Fort Loramie be apart of this, football only?
The word is no, FL will be left out and in no mans land.

Old 03-10-19, 06:54 PM
All American

Quote:
The word is no, FL will be left out and in no mans land.

That's unfortunate.
Old 03-10-19, 08:02 PM
All District

joe51391 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That's unfortunate.
When you just want football only you did it to yourself. I can't believe the MAC allows Anna to do it.
Old 03-10-19, 08:14 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe51391 View Post
When you just want football only you did it to yourself. I can't believe the MAC allows Anna to do it.
That is true. Anna was added to alleviate football scheduling. I'd prefer to see them in the MAC for all sports like most of our league supporters. Fort Loramie is now going to have to be an independent in football.
Old 03-10-19, 08:31 PM
All District

joe51391 is on a distinguished road
They've done it to themselves.
Old 03-11-19, 08:05 AM
All American

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
There was a time that school leaders agreed that Lima Senior's best option was to drive about 2 hours each way to Greater Cincinnati to be in a conference. It was one thing for a football game every other year. But sports like tennis and soccer did it, too. To top it off, they were probably only real competitive in about 25% of the sports they fielded teams in.

My guess is that the Dayton or Toledo area conferences weren't interested in having them as a member? Point being sometimes you have to go where you are wanted/welcomed.
Old 03-11-19, 08:53 AM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I would agree Waynesville is better than Riverside, everyone would. Not apples to apples though. I wouldn't compare one of the best Buckeye div schools to the smallest new league school. Compare Waynesville to Covington and Riverside to Dixie! I think this proposed league will be very similar to the Buckeye division in terms of strength (not counting Madison's recent run, which I think is over with this graduating class) while being much closer drive times for Milton. (really for everyone in the league!) Numbers are driving minutes from Milton per Google.

Covington 21 / Waynesville 56
Miami East 28 / Madison 52
Lehman 31 / Carlisle 44
Bethel 26 / Preble 46
Troy Chr. 15 / Dixie 30
Riverside 54

'Ridge is a wash.

One could argue the top end of the Buckeye is stronger (in up years are Waynesville, Carlisle and Madison better than Covington, East, and Lehman?), but I think Covington and East are good much more consistently. (WV and Car have gone through some rough patches lately!) and I think there's no doubt the new league is deeper!
Old 03-12-19, 06:57 AM
All District

Quote:
I would agree Waynesville is better than Riverside, everyone would. Not apples to apples though. I wouldn't compare one of the best Buckeye div schools to the smallest new league school. Compare Waynesville to Covington and Riverside to Dixie! I think this proposed league will be very similar to the Buckeye division in terms of strength (not counting Madison's recent run, which I think is over with this graduating class) while being much closer drive times for Milton. (really for everyone in the league!) Numbers are driving minutes from Milton per Google.

Covington 21 / Waynesville 56
Miami East 28 / Madison 52
Lehman 31 / Carlisle 44
Bethel 26 / Preble 46
Troy Chr. 15 / Dixie 30
Riverside 54

'Ridge is a wash.

One could argue the top end of the Buckeye is stronger (in up years are Waynesville, Carlisle and Madison better than Covington, East, and Lehman?), but I think Covington and East are good much more consistently. (WV and Car have gone through some rough patches lately!) and I think there's no doubt the new league is deeper!
In terms of competition, I would also state that I believe that Bethel and Miami East will continue to get better as their school systems grow, and Covington will continue to be Covington. I know Madison had a heck or a run the past couple years, but in general I think this new league will be just as competitive, or even more competitive than the Buckeye Division.
Old 03-12-19, 07:37 AM
All Ohio

Use2ball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
In terms of competition, I would also state that I believe that Bethel and Miami East will continue to get better as their school systems grow, and Covington will continue to be Covington. I know Madison had a heck or a run the past couple years, but in general I think this new league will be just as competitive, or even more competitive than the Buckeye Division.
I disagree, I think prebble Shawnee will routinely finish as a front runner where as in the buckeye their best teams would be lucky to finish middle of the pack. Most of their wins usually came early on against teams they will now be aligned with.