Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-04-19, 10:57 PM
All District

fangwoc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballboy000 View Post
Coach Clodfelter had 3 winning seasons in 10 years at Creek with 7-3 in 2012 being the best. He also had losing seasons of 2-8, 2-8, & 1-9. Maybe you are talking about overall career wins at 43-57 being the most in history? Jim Place had an 8-2 record at Creek in 1980 and Paul Martin coached the Beavers to consecutive 8-2,10-0, and 8-2 records in 67-69. Martin won the WOL back to back & Dave Miller the father of Fairmont's coach Dave Miller Jr won a tie for the WOL for Creek in 1985 beating Centerville & Kirk Herbstreit. Coach Clodfelter did do better at Creek than the other coaches in between Dave Miller and Coach Black.
He is the winningest coach in Beavercreek school history and the longest tenured. Remember when he took over 2-38 in the previous 4 years prior to his arrival. You are correct in saying that prior to 2012, 1985 was the last time they won the league and beat Wayne and centerville in the same year. Jim place and Martin were both great coaches. Beavercreek gets 1 or 2 great athletes every 10-15 years. Other than that average at best kids around Beavercreek
Old 01-04-19, 11:18 PM
All Ohio

HardCorps is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fangwoc View Post
He is the winningest coach in Beavercreek school history and the longest tenured. Remember when he took over 2-38 in the previous 4 years prior to his arrival. You are correct in saying that prior to 2012, 1985 was the last time they won the league and beat Wayne and centerville in the same year. Jim place and Martin were both great coaches. Beavercreek gets 1 or 2 great athletes every 10-15 years. Other than that average at best kids around Beavercreek
Wow. I did not know that Place was at Creek.
Old 01-05-19, 12:29 AM
All Ohio

Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Coach Clodfelter did turn Creek around following that abysmal 4 year stretch to his credit. As for great athletes at Creek he did have the help in that 10 year period from outstanding players like Zach Domicone QB/DB 2003-7 seasons who became a starting DB and 4 year letterman for the Buckeyes and Airus Moore an All Ohio RB/LB 2010-2013 seasons who led NC State in tackles as a Sophomore & was the Independence Bowl MVP. Domicone's father by the way, was a Fairborn great who played for the late Tuffy Thompson on his 76 Fairborn Championship team & was a guard on the 1980 Dayton Flyers National Championship team.

Last edited by Ballboy000; 01-05-19 at 02:20 AM.
Old 01-05-19, 12:45 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCorps View Post
Wow. I did not know that Place was at Creek.
Only us old fogies remember stuff like that.
Old 01-05-19, 12:28 PM
All American

TheBenchwarmer is on a distinguished road
From what I hear Tipp is pretty high on Hyatt but he is not interested. You can scratch that name off of the list.
Old 01-05-19, 12:43 PM
All American

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBenchwarmer View Post
From what I hear Tipp is pretty high on Hyatt but he is not interested. You can scratch that name off of the list.
Your not hearing anything. Hyatt wasn’t even a name they would ever consider. Stop spreading lies when you have no idea, unless you are Hyatt yourself, which I’m pretty sure you are, I’m glad your not interested because nobody would want that clown at Tipp
Old 01-05-19, 12:45 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
I can't believe that Tipp would want Hyatt, and if they actually did, I'd find it equally hard to believe that Hyatt would turn them down if he wants to be a head coach again.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-19, 12:51 PM
All Region

BoomerSooner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHFball10 View Post
While I do think he could be a great HC now, Tyler Wright is most likely committed to Troy for the long haul. Being as young as he is, I would bet he can get players to relate to his system and really buy in. Probably similar to how Carter is finding success at Northwestern.

He could do great things at Tipp, but that won't happen. He loves Troy too much, and there's not enough incentive to want to jump to a HC position if it's not a program you're passionate about.
I would have to second this. Knowing him, he loves Troy too much to want to coach against them.

That said, he certainly will make a heck of a head coach someday. With the work ethic he had from playing both baseball and football at Bluffton to what he's done in coaching, he's got a bright future.
Old 01-05-19, 01:01 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
I can't believe that Tipp would want Hyatt, and if they actually did, I'd find it equally hard to believe that Hyatt would turn them down if he wants to be a head coach again.

Most people on here believe Benchwarmer is Hyatt himself. There is zero truth to him say that Tipp is high on Hyatt. He’s most likely just trying to make himself look good cuz nobody will hire him.
Old 01-05-19, 02:11 PM
All District

fangwoc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
Most people on here believe Benchwarmer is Hyatt himself. There is zero truth to him say that Tipp is high on Hyatt. He’s most likely just trying to make himself look good cuz nobody will hire him.
The fact that the former Coach... “benchwarmer” Hyatt is even on this thread or is even mentioned on this thread is a joke.
Old 01-05-19, 02:19 PM
All American

Quote:
The fact that the former Coach... “benchwarmer” Hyatt is even on this thread or is even mentioned on this thread is a joke.
He brought himself up.
Old 01-05-19, 02:29 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Based on this thread I'd say it sure seems like it's either Hyatt or someone that's pretty close to Hyatt.

Old 01-05-19, 02:34 PM
Junior Varsity

jblotter56 is on a distinguished road
There is no way Matt Burbacher will go to Tipp. Over the past 14-15 years he’s been teaching there has been many opportunities for him to go there and teach…and even coach with his dad…but he either applied and didn’t get hired or he never had interest. I wonder if there is an underlying reason beyond that.

Also, since the last superintendent left, Tipp High school over the past few years, has had A LOT of resignations with both teaching staff and coaches…not the end of the year but during the school year or in season. They are not a big school district and this is a whistle that something is wrong and it looks like it’s probably both the administration and parents. Below are all the news links that talks about each one.

Former Tipp athletic director. After a two year investigation they only charged him with a misdemeanor for hiring family members to work at sporting events…the board approved their hirers.

https://www.wdtn.com/news/local-news...est/1157726567

Staley resignation. Looks to be more parent pressured.

https://www.mydaytondailynews.com/sp...20PZpuiiizMKP/

Teacher resignation this school year (there was another one during last school year as well).

https://www.tdn-net.com/news/50738/t...er-resignation

I couldn’t find the Girl Basketball coach’s resignation, but that’s another one.
Old 01-05-19, 02:38 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblotter56 View Post
There is no way Matt Burbacher will go to Tipp. Over the past 14-15 years he’s been teaching there has been many opportunities for him to go there and teach…and even coach with his dad…but he either applied and didn’t get hired or he never had interest. I wonder if there is an underlying reason beyond that.

Also, since the last superintendent left, Tipp High school over the past few years, has had A LOT of resignations with both teaching staff and coaches…not the end of the year but during the school year or in season. They are not a big school district and this is a whistle that something is wrong and it looks like it’s probably both the administration and parents. Below are all the news links that talks about each one.

Former Tipp athletic director. After a two year investigation they only charged him with a misdemeanor for hiring family members to work at sporting events…the board approved their hirers.

https://www.wdtn.com/news/local-news...est/1157726567

Staley resignation. Looks to be more parent pressured.

https://www.mydaytondailynews.com/sp...20PZpuiiizMKP/

Teacher resignation this school year (there was another one during last school year as well).

https://www.tdn-net.com/news/50738/t...er-resignation

I couldn’t find the Girl Basketball coach’s resignation, but that’s another one.
Shomper was being investigated by the police. The teacher had missed over 40 days in two years and the principal decided to let him go. The girls coach had an affair with an assistant coach. There is no underlying problem at Tipp. Those are just unfortunate circumstances.
Old 01-05-19, 02:43 PM
All District

HSsportfan is on a distinguished road
All this speculation is fun.

My guess is Clodfelter is only real name on here that is a person interested in the job and that Tipp would consider. He would be a good hire but like any hire in Tipp, some will love it and others hate it. I know when he applied the last time it was open, there was mixed review on him.

Hyatt said himself that he’s not interested and I doubt Tipp would be.

Don’t think Roberts is interested but Tipp would love him, but his ties to previous AD might rule him out with Super.

In my opinion, there is zero way Burgbacher leaves Troy. Tipp will struggle making the playoffs due to new league playing 9 games. Don’t see Tipp as a league champion. Will be hard to even place 2nd for Tipp with Troy, Butler, Piqua, Sidney and Xenia in the conference. Troy will win league or be runner up every year and qualify for playoffs. No way Burgbacher leaves Troy with that set up. The whole basis for the MVL was for Troy to be top dog. Palmer drove that bus!!
Old 01-05-19, 02:44 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblotter56 View Post
Matt taught and coached at Tipp from 2004 to 2008 before taking the head job at Ft Loramie in 2009. So I’m not sure what you are talking about
Old 01-05-19, 02:51 PM
All District

FeartheRooster is on a distinguished road
Those were different times at Tipp...since they’ve left their old small pond league they haven’t been the same. Why would a coach having major success abort to a job that pays less and gives less support with more outside noise?

Last edited by FeartheRooster; 01-06-19 at 10:09 AM.
Old 01-05-19, 03:00 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeartheRooster View Post
Those were different times at Tipp...since they’ve left their old small pound league they haven’t been the same. Why would a coach having major success abort to a job that pays less and gives less support with more outside noise?
If Matt came here he would have full support. Not sure that he would make less. I’m not saying he’s coming here lol it’s just wishful thinking
Old 01-05-19, 06:30 PM
All District

HSsportfan is on a distinguished road
Matt Burgbacher did not teach in Tipp. Was only a coach.
Old 01-05-19, 06:31 PM
Freshman

Daytonfootball is on a distinguished road
Heard Vargo (Tipp grad) will apply, plenty of experience and a former head but I believe he’s been out of the game for several years, or at least not a head coach? Defensive minded so, maybe he would bring in an offensive coordinator to open it up? His brother had a training business in town as well, that could be an added bonus.
Old 01-05-19, 06:55 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytonfootball View Post
Heard Vargo (Tipp grad) will apply, plenty of experience and a former head but I believe he’s been out of the game for several years, or at least not a head coach? Defensive minded so, maybe he would bring in an offensive coordinator to open it up? His brother had a training business in town as well, that could be an added bonus.
Vargo will never be a coach at Tipp. There have been problems with him and players and coaches before. Besides he runs his own workout company and wouldn’t have the time.
Old 01-05-19, 07:07 PM
Freshman

Daytonfootball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Vargo will never be a coach at Tipp. There have been problems with him and players and coaches before. Besides he runs his own workout company and wouldn’t have the time.
Never heard that he had problems with his players or coaches, what we’re the issues? Yeah he coached several years when he had that company too.

I think Clodfelter is the best fit, local and has quickly turned Bethel around. Tipp would run him out with the triple if he didn’t have immediate succcess unfortunately; not sure many fans in the stands would see it different from the wing t. Couldn’t imagine the Burbacher leaving what they have there in Troy.

Anyone solid internally to take over?
Old 01-05-19, 07:11 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Matt taught and coached at Tipp from 2004 to 2008 before taking the head job at Ft Loramie in 2009. So I’m not sure what you are talking about
I believe he subbed during that time and was never on the certified staff. I'm pretty sure that's right but I know there is a couple of Tipp former employees that were were around at Tipp during that time that could clarify that.
Old 01-05-19, 07:14 PM
All American

Quote:
Never heard that he had problems with his players or coaches, what we’re the issues? Yeah he coached several years when he had that company too.

I think Clodfelter is the best fit, local and has quickly turned Bethel around. Tipp would run him out with the triple if he didn’t have immediate succcess unfortunately; not sure many fans in the stands would see it different from the wing t. Couldn’t imagine the Burbacher leaving what they have there in Troy.

Anyone solid internally to take over?
Vargo was a head coach for 2 years at Ponitz in which they had two terrible seasons. He is not qualified. I don’t think anyone would run Scott out. His wife is a beloved teacher at Tipp and his daughters all went through Tipp. Nobody ran out Derge or Charlie because of there offense. There’s nobody internally that would have the qualifications to take over, the only one who I’d consider is Craig Syphrit who came over from Van Wert last season as the OC. Merely as a reference, here are the names that have been mentioned so far
Scott Clodfelter
Shane Carter
Tyler Wright
Zach Vargo
Rodney Roberts
Matt Burbacher

Out of that group I’d say Scott is the most likely but there’s still two more weeks for applicants to apply so we still have awhile
Old 01-05-19, 07:38 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSsportfan View Post
Matt Burgbacher did not teach in Tipp. Was only a coach.
Woh just saw this. Thanks for confirming. So I wonder why he's never wanted to go back. I bet you his dad would of probably of stepped down from Tipp head coaching when a teaching position opened up (which there's been many).
Old 01-05-19, 07:41 PM
Junior Varsity

Also tippisgreat, there was only a few applicants that applied for the position when Charlie left. I wouldn't be surprised if they only get a couple because as you can tell there has been a lot happening since Derge got hired. Personally I wouldn't be chomping at the bit.

Last edited by jblotter56; 01-05-19 at 07:51 PM.
Old 01-05-19, 07:51 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I think Clodfelter is the best fit, local and has quickly turned Bethel around. Tipp would run him out with the triple if he didn’t have immediate success unfortunately;

Judging from the talent Tipp is losing to graduation it looks like whoever comes in is going to have their work cut out for them.

They graduate 21 Seniors and lose the following:

1. Their Top 4 Running Backs/Wingbacks that accounted for 2336 of their 2599 yards rushing.

2. Their Top 5 Receivers & 9 of the 10 that caught passes

3. Their Top 8 Tacklers & 13 of the top 14 tacklers.

4. All Kick & Punt Returners and their Punter.

Unless I am wrong it looks like they are only returning 4 starters & their FG Kicker. The QB, an OT & OG and a DE.

http://www.gwocsports.com/fbTeamStat...8&schoolid=203

Last edited by Ballboy000; 01-05-19 at 08:29 PM.
Old 01-05-19, 09:03 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballboy000 View Post
Judging from the talent Tipp is losing to graduation it looks like whoever comes in is going to have their work cut out for them.

They graduate 21 Seniors and lose the following:

1. Their Top 4 Running Backs/Wingbacks that accounted for 2336 of their 2599 yards rushing.

2. Their Top 5 Receivers & 9 of the 10 that caught passes

3. Their Top 8 Tacklers & 13 of the top 14 tacklers.

4. All Kick & Punt Returners and their Punter.

Unless I am wrong it looks like they are only returning 4 starters & their FG Kicker. The QB, an OT & OG and a DE.

http://www.gwocsports.com/fbTeamStat...8&schoolid=203
Cade Beam was listed as a senior but he is only a junior. So they return there QB, FB, OT, 2 OG, 2 DTs, DE and LB. Tipp started 4 sophomores last year, that senior class had a high number but a lot of those kids didn’t play. The talent in that class was not good. Tipp’s upcoming junior class is one of the better classes they have had in awhile. Tipp will be better next year.
Old 01-05-19, 09:05 PM
All American

Also, since it was announced Derge was leaving I know of at least 5 kids that are going to return to playing next year.
Old 01-05-19, 09:17 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Also, since it was announced Derge was leaving I know of at least 5 kids that are going to return to playing next year.
Wow! Great! Things are starting to turn around.

How did you come about this? Obviously you work there.