Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-15-19, 05:41 AM
All Yappi

OhioBobcatFan06 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR1986FB View Post
Hearing Eric Berry's in town. Not sure how accurate the source is. Earl Thomas was supposedly a "lock" too so I'm skeptical
Berry makes more sense. Thomas is big name and would’ve been good addition but he’s really more similar to Randall. Berry would be true replacement to Jabrill. History with Dorsey is there (plus he’s a rocky top guy so probably even knows Jimmy) but the real concern is his health... hasn’t played much gotta wonder if he will even see field
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-19, 06:46 AM
All Yappi

bedevil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Did you go to kindergarten with arizonawildcat?
Nah, he's much younger than me.
Old 03-15-19, 06:50 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
What's that avatar pic ?

I had no idea what a "queer" was. It was just what the game was called. Queer just meant odd, as my Grandma was the only family member that really ever used the word. Just the name of a game.

Is one of your kids a bone-smoker or something ? Why do these things always get you rattled ?
I just noted how much you seemed to get off on the game and the name. Pretty strange.
Old 03-15-19, 06:53 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
That's a f@g joke, huh ? Funny, but you're projecting your own feelings onto me again.
Yup, it was funny.
Old 03-15-19, 07:12 AM
All Yappi

BR1986FB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBobcatFan06 View Post
Berry makes more sense. Thomas is big name and would’ve been good addition but he’s really more similar to Randall. Berry would be true replacement to Jabrill. History with Dorsey is there (plus he’s a rocky top guy so probably even knows Jimmy) but the real concern is his health... hasn’t played much gotta wonder if he will even see field
Would need to be a cheap, incentive laden deal in my book. I think he's played maybe 3 games the last two years.
Old 03-15-19, 07:21 AM
All Yappi

Also, not saying it's "going" to happen but another player I could see "Buddy Boy" (Dorsey) going after via trade is Jalen Ramsey. I don't think he's on the same page with that organization and doubt they will extend him. Just seems like a Dorsey-type move after what we saw with Landry & OBJ.

Rumor that Dorsey is trying to make another "major" trade. Rumored name is Von Miller.

Last edited by BR1986FB; 03-15-19 at 07:32 AM..
Old 03-15-19, 07:38 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Also, not saying it's "going" to happen but another player I could see "Buddy Boy" (Dorsey) going after via trade is Jalen Ramsey. I don't think he's on the same page with that organization and doubt they will extend him. Just seems like a Dorsey-type move after what we saw with Landry & OBJ.

Rumor that Dorsey is trying to make another "major" trade. Rumored name is Von Miller.
Duke for Ramsey ?
Old 03-15-19, 07:55 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Duke for Ramsey ?
The Browns would need to throw in draft picks. Can't see prying Ramsey for that little.

The Duke Johnson thing is interesting though. Question to the group....what type of a draft pick do you think the Browns could get for him?
Old 03-15-19, 07:59 AM
All World

tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
Pick him up cheap ... would make a good backup ... from Alabama, might have some connection with Freddie
Probably will go back to Cincinnati. They love mediocre players there.
Old 03-15-19, 08:38 AM
All Yappi

Wow, Gettleman is terrible. Giants fans have to be pissed. After the OBJ trade, which is going to force the NYG's to eat some dead money, along with the fact they got fleeced in the trade, they sign Golden Tate in FA. Tate's skill set essentially mirrors Sterling Shephard's and the best part? They help out their division foe (Eagles) by signing their player and giving them a 4th round compensatory pick.
Old 03-15-19, 08:50 AM
All Yappi

bedevil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Wow, Gettleman is terrible. Giants fans have to be pissed. After the OBJ trade, which is going to force the NYG's to eat some dead money, along with the fact they got fleeced in the trade, they sign Golden Tate in FA. Tate's skill set essentially mirrors Sterling Shephard's and the best part? They help out their division foe (Eagles) by signing their player and giving them a 4th round compensatory pick.
It's desperation. He's getting excoriated from every level of the media and now he's trying to put a band-aid on a gushing wound with Golden Tate. How does he assist in a rebuilding?

Last edited by bedevil; 03-15-19 at 10:00 AM..
Old 03-15-19, 09:45 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
The Browns would need to throw in draft picks. Can't see prying Ramsey for that little.

The Duke Johnson thing is interesting though. Question to the group....what type of a draft pick do you think the Browns could get for him?
Foles will like Duke quite a lot, though. They'd have to believe they have competition for him.

Word is Kareem Hunt gets 8 games. Moving Duke makes drafting a back-up for Chubb in the 5th or so seem likely, so adding a pick with Duke looks less attractive for Ramsey in my eyes.
Old 03-15-19, 10:21 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
They seemed to like Dontrell Hilliard. He could hold down the backup role until Hunt is back.

Duke Johnson is not getting them Ramsey.

Last edited by clarkgriswold; 03-15-19 at 10:35 AM..
Old 03-15-19, 11:22 AM
All Yappi

Perhaps not alone, but I wonder what we might add besides a mid-round pick. Another player ?

I'm not so sure Dorsey sees Hunt as staying here long term. He may just be helping him back on his feet and taking a cheap half year/post-season in exchange. Hunt is a restricted free agent next year, while Chubb is here until '22 as UFA. If Chubb has another great year he may not want to pay Hunt what he'll have coming if he stays out of trouble. Dorsey seems to have such a good eye for RB talent that we may see a parade of young guys through the roster over the years.

Last edited by cabezadecaballo; 03-15-19 at 11:33 AM..
Old 03-15-19, 11:35 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedevil View Post
It's desperation. He's getting excoriated from every level of the media and now he's trying to put a band-aid on a gushing wound with Golden Tate. How does he assist in a rebuilding?
It was dumb personnel evaluation. They could've taken Moncrief, who is 6'3", and plays on the outside but signed Tate, who is a clone of Shepard.
Old 03-15-19, 12:51 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I hope they hold onto Duke. Hunt has an 8-game suspension.

I think they could get a third round pick for him, which IMO, isn't worth it. He'd be pretty awesome on a team like the Pats or Eagles though
Old 03-15-19, 01:43 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Keep Duke and use him often early in the season and when Hunt comes back he will be F R E S H.
Old 03-15-19, 02:37 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Keep Duke and use him often early in the season and when Hunt comes back he will be F R E S H.
Whatever succeeds with Duke will basically be dialed up to 120% with Hunt.

Who are you willing to pass on to create that set-up for Hunt's eligibility ? That's the question, right ?

There's no added money in keeping Duke, but it isn't free, either.
Old 03-15-19, 02:56 PM
All Ohio

wolves82 is on a distinguished road
I am also in the "DO NOT trade Duke" camp. Last time I checked RBs get injured sometimes. With Hunt suspended gotta keep Duke if we are serious about winning this year.
Old 03-15-19, 03:14 PM
All District

ceebass13 is on a distinguished road
I am ok with the idea of trading Duke. I am pretty sure that Dorsey can find a mid round guy who can come in and play well if necessary. Not even mentioning what you may be able to get for Duke.
Old 03-15-19, 03:57 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebass13 View Post
I am ok with the idea of trading Duke. I am pretty sure that Dorsey can find a mid round guy who can come in and play well if necessary. Not even mentioning what you may be able to get for Duke.
Yeah and if they can get a 3rd rounder, as was mentioned earlier (doubt they get that), I pull the trigger. If they can get a potential diamond in the rough LBer (like Avery) or a solid rotational safety no issues finding a RB with Duke's skill set.
Old 03-16-19, 02:19 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Oh we get Hunt in 8 weeks...and then he's gone.

Trade Duke...whos under a multi year contract and provides quality depth.

Can't wait till they trade Duke, Chubb gets hurt week 1 and we are stuck with some 5th round stiff in the backfield.

You can never have enough playmakers.
Old 03-16-19, 09:56 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post

You can never have enough playmakers.
Blah, blah, blah...the most played out phrase in sports (and I'm not trying to be a d!ck to you personally but I hate the old "you can never have enough" cliche). You can insert any position such as "offensive linemen", "pass rushers", "defensive linemen", "cornerbacks." Hell, it even translates to other sports such as "pitching."

They have more than enough playmakers. They'll be fine if they trade Duke Johnson.
Old 03-16-19, 10:39 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Keep Duke.
Possible trade bait later in the season when Hunt comes back.

It is not that difficult of a situation. You have enough cap space so dont get too cute here because if Chubby does get hurt early, or doesn't play well, you would be wishing you had Duke.
Old 03-17-19, 10:20 AM
All District

I would have to think that Duke and his agents might be pushing this more then the Browns. When you look at the roster, I find it hard to think he is going to get more then 3-5 touches per game and those would probably go away after week 9.
Old 03-17-19, 10:28 AM
All District

It feels like this offseason is going so fast.

It is the first time in over 10 years that I have not found myself discussing every potential draft scenario and mock draft with my friends.

Thank god for John Dorsey and Baker Mayfield!!!
Old 03-17-19, 11:05 AM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Keep the Duke unless BIG time blocking back pops up,got to protect the young QB for sure.
Old 03-17-19, 01:11 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo View Post
Keep the Duke unless BIG time blocking back pops up,got to protect the young QB for sure.
Here's the paper on Duke -

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/clevelan...johnson-16801/

A few questions:

Can 95% of what we can get from Duke in the way that we will use him be easily duplicated for far less money ?

Do you trust the ability of our personnel staff to evaluate talent ?

Do you like Dontrell Hilliard ?

Final question, with some set up.....If you hit my link, you'll see Duke has a significantly escalating contract. It's a 4th year player starter's contract. IMHO, he is good enough to be a starter for many teams, but not this one. In a salary cap world, this contract year may be a good year for some teams to try him on for size. Having him under this contract for two more could become a smart business decision - for them. Us ? No way. Trading for him next year won't look good to near as many.......

So, knowing that, is keeping him on deck as (maybe?) the best back-up we currently have under contract worth being forced to cut him next year ?

I'll answer my own questions now - yes, yes, yes. And no.

So, everyone in Cleveland saying, "Keep Duke no matter what!!"..........

SHUT UP ALREADY!!!!!

you're all dumb
Old 03-17-19, 02:29 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Duke has been in the NFL four years and has been on some historically bad teams and has yet to be a starter. Plays hard and has had some flashes but 3 difference staffs haven't seen him as a starter. I like him as a player, but I don't get those who think he's an integral piece nor do I get those who think he's some hot commodity that's going to bring the Browns a windfall or premier player in a trade.
Old 03-17-19, 08:08 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Duke has been in the NFL four years and has been on some historically bad teams and has yet to be a starter. Plays hard and has had some flashes but 3 difference staffs haven't seen him as a starter. I like him as a player, but I don't get those who think he's an integral piece nor do I get those who think he's some hot commodity that's going to bring the Browns a windfall or premier player in a trade.
He could be a capable back-up here, but if everyone else stays healthy going into '20, they have to lose him after '19 - when he'll be harder to trade. Dorsey would be angling to replace him before the coming season anyway. No need to stop now because of Hunt.

Not sure I've heard anyone even suggest he's a "hot commodity" or a highly desired trade piece. If he was, he'd be gone already.....