Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-30-18, 09:24 PM
All Ohio

Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher 2.0 View Post
I don’t think Wilhite/Fisher will leave Boro they love it there.
I don't know about that. Fisher was a Wayne QB under Mike Schneider in the early to mid 90s. Alma mater's have a strong draw with some people.
Old 12-30-18, 09:46 PM
Proud Dad of a US Marine

Warrior78 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I donít think Wilhite/Fisher will leave Boro they love it there.

I agree with Ballboy plus Alex Earley was on Wayneís staff this year which immediately gives Fisher a staff member that understands his system. My hope is that Jay stays though. When Jay is ready to retire, then I hope Wilhite and/or Fisher takes over.
Old 12-31-18, 09:11 AM
All American

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Could the reason Steve Poff resigned at Madison be that he’s coming to Miamisburg?
Old 12-31-18, 10:14 AM
All Region

The Watcher 2.0 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballboy000 View Post
I don't know about that. Fisher was a Wayne QB under Mike Schneider in the early to mid 90s. Alma mater's have a strong draw with some people.
Talked to him and he said he wouldnít be interested in being a HC
Old 12-31-18, 10:15 AM
All Region

The Watcher 2.0 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
Could the reason Steve Poff resigned at Madison be that heís coming to Miamisburg?
Steve is a good coach but he is not applying for burg. I know someone that is friends with him.
Old 12-31-18, 10:18 AM
All American

Quote:
Steve is a good coach but he is not applying for burg. I know someone that is friends with him.
What names have you been hearing so far
Old 12-31-18, 04:05 PM
All American

TheBenchwarmer is on a distinguished road
I have heard Hyatt's name from a number of sources. I know that he hasn't interviewed yet but it's only a matter of time until we see him back on the sidelines somewhere.
Old 12-31-18, 04:50 PM
All District

Groundhog Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBenchwarmer View Post
I have heard Hyatt's name from a number of sources. I know that he hasn't interviewed yet but it's only a matter of time until we see him back on the sidelines somewhere.
Unless your talking to yourself or Hyatt. He is a headcase. Has been caught lying about college football experience and other resume things. He struggles under pressure. No one in the GWOC will hire, maybe Greenville since its in BFE.
Schneider has been campaigning for the job on Facebook (seems a little weird), White (but would need Administrative pay), Black are some of the local names. Be interesting to see how quick they proceed.
Old 12-31-18, 05:05 PM
All American

Quote:
I feel bad for whoever is stupid enough to hire him
Old 12-31-18, 08:25 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog Day View Post
Unless your talking to yourself or Hyatt. He is a headcase. Has been caught lying about college football experience and other resume things. He struggles under pressure. No one in the GWOC will hire, maybe Greenville since its in BFE.
Schneider has been campaigning for the job on Facebook (seems a little weird), White (but would need Administrative pay), Black are some of the local names. Be interesting to see how quick they proceed.
BFE - that's a military acronym a place in Egypt as I recall.
Old 12-31-18, 09:24 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
Are you talking about benchwarmer or me?
LOL - from reading between the lines and reading others post it appears you both have been outed
Old 01-01-19, 12:06 AM
Varsity

Warpath is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior78 View Post
I agree with Ballboy plus Alex Earley was on Wayneís staff this year which immediately gives Fisher a staff member that understands his system. My hope is that Jay stays though. When Jay is ready to retire, then I hope Wilhite and/or Fisher takes over.

Fisher just bought a house in Springboro a few years ago. Heís not coming back. Before that happened, definitely a possibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-19, 12:35 AM
All Ohio

HardCorps is on a distinguished road
Quote:
BFE - that's a military acronym a place in Egypt as I recall.
Way out there.
Old 01-01-19, 10:50 AM
Proud Dad of a US Marine

Warrior78 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpath View Post
Fisher just bought a house in Springboro a few years ago. Heís not coming back. Before that happened, definitely a possibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People sell houses all the time and people can work in different cities from where they live. He may in fact be settled and not want the position. It could be that he is satisfied with staying as the OC under Wilhite. As I said before, I hope that all this discussion is on hold until the day that Jay wants to retire from coaching when he is Wayneís head coach.
Old 01-01-19, 12:41 PM
All Ohio

ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior78 View Post
People sell houses all the time and people can work in different cities from where they live. He may in fact be settled and not want the position. It could be that he is satisfied with staying as the OC under Wilhite. As I said before, I hope that all this discussion is on hold until the day that Jay wants to retire from coaching when he is Wayneís head coach.
I would guess they both would take a hard look at it. Wayne would have to include the AD job or administrative job to afford them. The tenure built up at Boro would be hard to fully replace starting over as teachers in a new district.
Old 01-05-19, 12:30 PM
All American

TheBenchwarmer is on a distinguished road
I'm hearing Burg is pretty close to hiring a coach.
Old 01-05-19, 12:45 PM
All American

Quote:
Let me guess, Hyatt?
Old 01-05-19, 09:01 PM
Varsity

wing-tcoach is on a distinguished road
Haha!
Old 01-05-19, 10:09 PM
All Ohio

Lol
Old 01-06-19, 09:28 PM
All District

HSfootballfan21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The search has gone pretty tight lipped. Iíve heard enough to believe that they have identified their top choice, which means their is probably a top 3. Iím not sure if they have offered yet, but I know they want get the next coach in place ASAP for offseason weight lifting. Maybe their top choice is mulling an offer?!? My educated guess is no offer has been given, they want to get this right because they hired the wrong guy after Lewis and Cline all but destroyed the program. Miamisburg went from a league championship and playoffs in 2000, co/Chanps in 2001, 7-3 in 2003, 6-4 in 04, 5-5 in 05, then comes Cline and Burg football was a dumpster fire. Only reason Channel took job is because he coached against Burg and he knew type of players Burg capable of producing.
Old 01-06-19, 09:52 PM
Junior Varsity

IrishBuckeye is an unknown quantity at this point
Keep in mind they’ve been on break for two weeks over Christmas & New Years.... I doubt they’ve even begun the interview process. This is also the time of year school districts are beginning the process of figuring out what openings they’ll need to fill for the next year. If history is an indicator, the district has never been one to offer jobs based on coaching positions. I bet they finish that process first. Would be hard to offer anybody a job not knowing what type of day job they’ll be able to offer.
Old 01-06-19, 10:04 PM
All District

I know the process has definitely started. Have there been serious sit downs? Not sure?!! But I know they didn’t table it for Christmas Break.

Also for the record, Lance will not even get a call back from Miamisburg if he were to apply. I don’t want to go into details but when my son went to Burg many years ago, Lance was an assistant at Burg and he was relieved of his duties. Osborne was an assistant coach at the time. Unless Osborne is a second chance type of person, and can justify his behavior as young and stupid there is no way Lance even be considered..
Old 01-06-19, 10:19 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSfootballfan21 View Post
I know the process has definitely started. Have there been serious sit downs? Not sure?!! But I know they didn’t table it for Christmas Break.

Also for the record, Lance will not even get a call back from Miamisburg if he were to apply. I don’t want to go into details but when my son went to Burg many years ago, Lance was an assistant at Burg and he was relieved of his duties. Osborne was an assistant coach at the time. Unless Osborne is a second chance type of person, and can justify his behavior as young and stupid there is no way Lance even be considered..
Well that must put you up around 60 years old because that would have been 30 plus years ago my friend. Actually probably in your mid 60s or higher. Lance wasn't much older than your high school kid at the time he was at Miamisburg. As ancient as that is I wouldn't let that concern me.

Last edited by Ballboy000; 01-07-19 at 02:06 AM.
Old 01-06-19, 10:33 PM
All District

Quote:
Well that must put you up around 60 years old because that would have been 30 plus years ago my friend.
Iíve seen lots of high school football! Lots of memories, a few moments that iíll Never forget! Talawanda upsetting Princeton in the playoffs with the high school version of the immaculate reception. The hook and ladder that won a state title for Lebanon. Miamisburg beating Carroll on a 100 yard fumble recovery as time expired to win, and when Burg beat Boro at last game at Harmon.

The 98 Centerville team going for 2 and not getting it and then the next year the 99 Centerville team, best high school team I ever watched that didnít win a state title losing to Elder in most gut wrenching way possible. That Centerville team destroyed Wayne the D-1 runner-up In the game of the century.
Old 01-06-19, 10:41 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Iíve seen lots of high school football! Lots of memories, a few moments that iíll Never forget! Talawanda upsetting Princeton in the playoffs with the high school version of the immaculate reception. The hook and ladder that won a state title for Lebanon. Miamisburg beating Carroll on a 100 yard fumble recovery as time expired to win, and when Burg beat Boro at last game at Harmon.

The 98 Centerville team going for 2 and not getting it and then the next year the 99 Centerville team, best high school team I ever watched that didnít win a state title losing to Elder in most gut wrenching way possible. That Centerville team destroyed Wayne the D-1 runner-up In the game of the century.
Yep - Never forget that Centerville loss. Expected them to win the state that season. Every single Lebanon pee wee team has been running that hook & ladder every year since that state title game .. LOL.
Old 01-07-19, 10:21 AM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:

13,500 showed up for that game. Early turnovers put Wayne down by 2 to 3 scores but a pretty evenly played game. I remember leaving the Wayne/St. Xavier game thinking the rematch was in place but later found out that Elder came back to win.....
Old 01-07-19, 11:35 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
13,500 showed up for that game. Early turnovers put Wayne down by 2 to 3 scores but a pretty evenly played game. I remember leaving the Wayne/St. Xavier game thinking the rematch was in place but later found out that Elder came back to win.....
Ryan Hawk was one of my favorite players to watch. If only he was taller? He threw the ball like it was effortless. I don't remember for sure, but the interception vs Elder was like his 1st of the year. The ball got tipped and returned for a TD. I think Centerville gave up 21 points in the final minutes to lose. I imagine those players still have trouble talking about that game.
Old 01-07-19, 02:27 PM
All District

I heard that lots of people have opinions about Channel on facebook. I don't mess with that stuff but I figured the Burg folk have been typing up a firestorm of gossip.
Old 01-07-19, 06:21 PM
All District

Knoch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The search has gone pretty tight lipped. Iíve heard enough to believe that they have identified their top choice, which means their is probably a top 3. Iím not sure if they have offered yet, but I know they want get the next coach in place ASAP for offseason weight lifting. Maybe their top choice is mulling an offer?!? My educated guess is no offer has been given, they want to get this right because they hired the wrong guy after Lewis and Cline all but destroyed the program. Miamisburg went from a league championship and playoffs in 2000, co/Chanps in 2001, 7-3 in 2003, 6-4 in 04, 5-5 in 05, then comes Cline and Burg football was a dumpster fire. Only reason Channel took job is because he coached against Burg and he knew type of players Burg capable of producing.
Today at football workouts the AD told the players that there were over 40 applicants and they are in the process now. It will take some time.
Old 01-07-19, 06:51 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoch View Post
Today at football workouts the AD told the players that there were over 40 applicants and they are in the process now. It will take some time.
That's about standard. Fairborn had that many. You get a lot of assistants trying to move up.