Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-26-18, 12:10 PM
Junior Varsity

bucks_27 is on a distinguished road
I think Joel Derge from Tipp would be an amazing hire.
Old 12-26-18, 12:23 PM
All American

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks_27 View Post
I think Joel Derge from Tipp would be an amazing hire.
I donít think he would leave Tipp for Miamisburg. He loves Tipp, he is a teacher at Tipp. He wants to raise his kid in Tipp. And he is about to have it good at Tipp in the new league. Whereas Miamisburg is gonna be at the very bottom of the new GWOC
Old 12-26-18, 02:07 PM
All District

HSsportfan is on a distinguished road
The more I think about this, the more I’d love to see Lance get his shot here. Lance could do amazing things for Burg, just like he did for Northmont. He made Northmont relevant while playing the big dogs. He can do the same for Burg. Plus, gives him a yearly shot at Northmont!!!! He deserves to coach again and Burg would be a good spot for that.

Agree that Derge loves Tipp and he will continue to do well there. Just hate how the community, and his own staff and admin, turn so quickly on him. Derge does not deserve that. If he chooses to stay in Tipp, I hope the on again, off again romance stops and Derge is fully supported by admin and has the loyalty of his own staff. For example, just a short time ago, TippIsGreat - who is a staff member of some sort - was calling for his head. Derge is a great coach and I wish him well wherever he chooses to use his talents.

Rodney Roberts would be hard to turn down for any coaching position. He is fantastic!!! But I truly doubt that he would give up his admin job and family time to get back into coaching. He might surprise me though!!

It will be interesting to see who all applies once the position is officially posted.

Best of luck to Burg in this process and transition!!!!!
Old 12-26-18, 03:39 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSsportfan View Post
The more I think about this, the more Iíd love to see Lance get his shot here. Lance could do amazing things for Burg, just like he did for Northmont. He made Northmont relevant while playing the big dogs. He can do the same for Burg. Plus, gives him a yearly shot at Northmont!!!! He deserves to coach again and Burg would be a good spot for that.

Agree that Derge loves Tipp and he will continue to do well there. Just hate how the community, and his own staff and admin, turn so quickly on him. Derge does not deserve that. If he chooses to stay in Tipp, I hope the on again, off again romance stops and Derge is fully supported by admin and has the loyalty of his own staff. For example, just a short time ago, TippIsGreat - who is a staff member of some sort - was calling for his head. Derge is a great coach and I wish him well wherever he chooses to use his talents.

Rodney Roberts would be hard to turn down for any coaching position. He is fantastic!!! But I truly doubt that he would give up his admin job and family time to get back into coaching. He might surprise me though!!

It will be interesting to see who all applies once the position is officially posted.

Best of luck to Burg in this process and transition!!!!!
Once again I didnít call for his head. It all began by simply stating something that I had heard. That Derge was under pressure by admin to win this past season. The season didnít go as planned but we lost a bunch of close games and ended the season by beating our rival Butler. Who Derge is 2-1 against and a big reason why I believe he is back and why he does have support in the community.
Old 12-26-18, 05:01 PM
All American

TheBenchwarmer is on a distinguished road
Don’t see it listed here but I name I keep hearing and it actually makes the most sense of anyone mentioned is Nathan Hyatt. Hyatt was prematurely let go at Vandalia in my opinion because parents didn’t like the whole holding people accountable thing and turned around a Bradford team that people said couldn’t win. He turned them around in just a year and had people talking playoffs. Before Hyatt nobody ever mentioned the P word in Bradford. He had an ability to make people believe. This would be an absolute steal for Miamisburg if they could talk him back into coaching. He’s had opportunity but probably waiting for the right one. Make it happen Miamisburg you won’t be disappointed.
Old 12-26-18, 05:07 PM
All Region

HSFB is on a distinguished road
Hyatt-you have to be kidding!!
Old 12-26-18, 06:27 PM
Junior Varsity

Jgraves is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballboy000 View Post
Graves has obviously been drinking too much of the holiday spirits. Minton is the AD & Head Coach at Wayne ... he's going nowhere unless it's into retirement.
They donít want him there anymore.... and I havenít been drinking anything tell you what I heard
Old 12-26-18, 06:32 PM
All District

icecold is on a distinguished road
Hyatt......lol

Absurdity part 2

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 12-27-18, 07:34 PM
All American

TheBenchwarmer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by icecold View Post
Hyatt......lol

Absurdity part 2

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Not really absurd at all. I personally would hire him over any other coach named on this thread. Easily the highest ceiling of all. But donít let my facts get in the way of lies and misconceptions.
Old 12-27-18, 07:39 PM
Junior Varsity

IrishBuckeye is an unknown quantity at this point
Was there a reason Hyatt’s run at Butler ended?
Old 12-27-18, 09:51 PM
All Ohio

Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishBuckeye View Post
Was there a reason Hyatt’s run at Butler ended?
Had a 9-11 two year record at Butler & had to handle a lot of inner team discipline issues. He resigned. I don't know if it was forced or his decision. The Benchwarmers post makes it sound like he was forced out so maybe he was. I wouldn't hire him over Lance Schneider, Joel Derge, or Rodney Roberts who are proven winners.
Old 12-27-18, 10:33 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBenchwarmer View Post
I personally would hire him over any other coach named on this thread. Easily the highest ceiling of all.
What are you smoking
Old 12-27-18, 10:59 PM
All District

fangwoc is on a distinguished road
Officially posted on OHSAA

https://www.ohsaa.org/School-Resources/Job-Openings
Old 12-28-18, 06:45 PM
All District

HSfootballfan21 is on a distinguished road
Canít name anyone but lots of big names have applied for job. Not sure if leveraging current school or if genuine interest. I think if Roberts wants the job itís his. Donít discount the Minton statement. His grandson goes to Miamisburg and Jay is always at his games. Coaching your grandson might be worth giving up Wayne job. Jay is very close with his grandson. Do I think he getting job? No! But you never know!
Old 12-28-18, 07:47 PM
Freshman

NoNews is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSfootballfan21 View Post
Canít name anyone but lots of big names have applied for job. Not sure if leveraging current school or if genuine interest. I think if Roberts wants the job itís his. Donít discount the Minton statement. His grandson goes to Miamisburg and Jay is always at his games. Coaching your grandson might be worth giving up Wayne job. Jay is very close with his grandson. Do I think he getting job? No! But you never know!
Where do you come up with this stuff? The job hasn't been posted for 48 hours and you already have a list of big names that have applied for the job?
Old 12-28-18, 07:59 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNews View Post
Where do you come up with this stuff? The job hasn't been posted for 48 hours and you already have a list of big names that have applied for the job?
Channel’s departure has been in the works for a long time. His exit has been known for a long time. I don’t care if believe me or not but if you think Miamisburg just sat on their hands waiting till it was official... Then I guess it’s best to ignore your replies. Are they formal applicants? Probably not but their have been lots of conversations. I guess I should have said a lot of names have expressed a strong interest in the job.

You can make smart comments and paint a picture that I’m a clown, troll, who spouts off ridiculous horse $h|t but if you go and look at all my posts I’m neither. I’m not trying to spout off that I have secret knowledge or I’m more in the know but seriously all I’m saying is that I was very surprised when heard who expressed interest.

Last edited by HSfootballfan21; 12-28-18 at 08:38 PM.
Old 12-28-18, 08:03 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNews View Post
Itís been known for at least a month that no matter what Channel wore out his welcome. I guess in your world they havenít given it a thought of who will replace him until he officially resigned...
Old 12-28-18, 08:57 PM
All Yappi

Emullet1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit 29 View Post
Rodney would be a solid hire. He is a wing t guy but 2011-2013 Franklin went away from it, the talent he had at his disposal made it a lot easier to do that. I think he would run it at Miamisburg but he would implement some new concepts and different formations.
Did you know the Czar taught the wing-t to Rodney.
Old 12-28-18, 09:40 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emullet1 View Post
Did you know the Czar taught the wing-t to Rodney.
Like I said, itís his job if he wants it but I just talk out my a-hole
Old 12-28-18, 09:46 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit 29 View Post
Rodney would be a solid hire. He is a wing t guy but 2011-2013 Franklin went away from it, the talent he had at his disposal made it a lot easier to do that. I think he would run it at Miamisburg but he would implement some new concepts and different formations.
Rodney did not run the Wing T at his last stop at Centerville. Has been a good while since he has run it.
Old 12-29-18, 12:22 PM
Varsity

ButlerParent is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
What are you smoking
Most vandalia people know this is Hyatt.
Old 12-29-18, 03:14 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgraves View Post
Wayne donít have anything left in the tank and I would rather play with Miamisburg home grown kids than Wayne ijs
Wayne is far from empty in the tank. Sure, this last years team was one of the worse in many many years but that is what a down year looks like at Wayne.... 7-3 and the playoffs. A down year at Miamisburg is 0-10.

Not sure what you mean by homegrown kids as Miamisburg has had more transfers in the last 2 years than Wayne who's problem was keeping kids to stay as they lost more than what they have gained over the last few years.

Coach Minton did run a triple option offense in Florida but I doubt he would want to leave when next year Wayne will likely be a favorite to win the GWOC. Wayne has already locked in Colerain in week 1 and I doubt they would want to schedule them if the tank was empty....
Old 12-29-18, 05:05 PM
Junior Varsity

Jgraves is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
Wayne is far from empty in the tank. Sure, this last years team was one of the worse in many many years but that is what a down year looks like at Wayne.... 7-3 and the playoffs. A down year at Miamisburg is 0-10.

Not sure what you mean by homegrown kids as Miamisburg has had more transfers in the last 2 years than Wayne who's problem was keeping kids to stay as they lost more than what they have gained over the last few years.

Coach Minton did run a triple option offense in Florida but I doubt he would want to leave when next year Wayne will likely be a favorite to win the GWOC. Wayne has already locked in Colerain in week 1 and I doubt they would want to schedule them if the tank was empty....
What do they have coming back. The best WR on the team was Victoria and he is gone. They was not that impressive this year and looking at the Jv and freshman teams they donít look that good. They donít want Minton there from what I heard. He is the only admin with a one year contract and everyone else got two.
Old 12-30-18, 10:38 AM
All District

HSsportfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButlerParent View Post
Most vandalia people know this is Hyatt.
Not Hyatt. This guys works at Tipp but for a company Tipp has a contract with.
Old 12-30-18, 10:59 AM
All Region

The Watcher 2.0 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSfootballfan21 View Post

Like I said, itís his job if he wants it but I just talk out my a-hole
Rodney is a good coach. WHat make you think itís his job if he apply for it?
Old 12-30-18, 11:00 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
I donít think he would leave Tipp for Miamisburg. He loves Tipp, he is a teacher at Tipp. He wants to raise his kid in Tipp. And he is about to have it good at Tipp in the new league. Whereas Miamisburg is gonna be at the very bottom of the new GWOC
So true!! He is a great young coach.
Old 12-30-18, 01:07 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
More than likely sportsmed or strength coach then if contracted.
Old 12-30-18, 01:09 PM
All American

Quote:
Are you talking about benchwarmer or me?
Old 12-30-18, 04:38 PM
Proud Dad of a US Marine

Warrior78 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgraves View Post
What do they have coming back. The best WR on the team was Victoria and he is gone. They was not that impressive this year and looking at the Jv and freshman teams they donít look that good. They donít want Minton there from what I heard. He is the only admin with a one year contract and everyone else got two.

First, Iím not sure who youíre referring to but we absolutely want Coach Minton back. Mullins (#18) will return as a WR and he will only be a junior. Fancher should start at QB and he will be a junior. Turner (#11) will return as a senior and he has size. They could play Trick (#14) at QB and keep Fancher at WR. Lankford (#19) will return and he will only be a junior. Boogie Walker and Devin Nelson both return as solid RBs. The OL will be in transition but there are some solid underclass men that have size.

Wayneís biggest weakness this year was the lack of speed on the edges. I am hopeful that this area improves next season. If Coach Minton did decide to leave to coach his grandson, and I could not blame him if he wanted to, he would not leave a Wayne team that is bare. The next coach would inherit a solid team. If he did leave, I would expect Wayne to pursue Fisher from Springboro or even Wilhite/Fisher.
Old 12-30-18, 08:35 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior78 View Post
First, Iím not sure who youíre referring to but we absolutely want Coach Minton back. Mullins (#18) will return as a WR and he will only be a junior. Fancher should start at QB and he will be a junior. Turner (#11) will return as a senior and he has size. They could play Trick (#14) at QB and keep Fancher at WR. Lankford (#19) will return and he will only be a junior. Boogie Walker and Devin Nelson both return as solid RBs. The OL will be in transition but there are some solid underclass men that have size.

Wayneís biggest weakness this year was the lack of speed on the edges. I am hopeful that this area improves next season. If Coach Minton did decide to leave to coach his grandson, and I could not blame him if he wanted to, he would not leave a Wayne team that is bare. The next coach would inherit a solid team. If he did leave, I would expect Wayne to pursue Fisher from Springboro or even Wilhite/Fisher.

I donít think Wilhite/Fisher will leave Boro they love it there.